New version Update

CtrlAlt7

Deathsquirrel

.. Hooks afraid of an old dead clock

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

So we need to sic a crocodile on Luke?  Seems harsh.

• Like 3

Ok guys. We're going to make this available in the testing area at the bottom of the forum. I just want to say thank you to everyone who was waited for this, and especially those with Emby Premiere. It's your support that allows us to be competitive and continue to pursue new projects for Emby. That's why for now we're going to make the app the full-featured app (with playback) available for Emby Premiere users, although everyone is welcome to download and browse around.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/29774-new-version-testing/

Full details will be in the testing area, but here is the feature set we have right now, along with the short-term roadmap.

• A responsive UI free of scaling. The app is rendered crisply at your native resolution. 
  • Layouts have been designed for 720p, 1080p and 1440p. 4K design coming soon (video can still play at 4K).
  • Designed for a 10ft use with a remote, but works well with a mouse and with touch
  • Nearly all core Emby features and media types are supported
  • The audio and video players are based on DirectShow, which is still the high end option for Windows users.
  • Supports audio bitstreaming
  • Several methods of hardware acceleration are available - QuickSync, Cuda, and others.
  • Video refresh rate changing
  • Supports Madvr - Madvr is embedded and can only be enabled or disabled. Over time we'll expose more Madvr features in the settings screens.
  • Once again supports video backdrops, which are quite a fun feature
  • Supports input via video game controllers
  • Built-in screensaver

Short term roadmap (not ordered):

• 4K Layout
  • Improve responsive sizing for "in-between" resolutions, for example, between 720p and 1080p
  • Movie extras
  • Live TV Guide
  • Live TV Recording management
  • Localization - We have your translations, the UI just needs to use them
  • In-video chapter menu
  • Additional settings - screensaver, sound effects, madvr, etc.
  • Photo screensaver
  • Run at startup option
  • Media icons (possibly with an option) - we tried a number of icons for but now prefer simple text
  • Multi-part video support
  • External players
  • Like 20

TheMafia

Should have left it for a few more days / another week. That would have sorted out all of these whiny spoiled brats crying to their mums.

FFS, it is cheap, (also free) and people just demand demand demand, and cry when it's a few days late.

Thanks for the beta. I just hope things weren't missed because the spoiled children pushed you with their bratty threats.

• Like 1

shaefurr

Well sure there are more features to be added in the road map, but everything major is done and it is at a point where its very stable and ready for a public beta release. If it wasn't ready yet Luke wouldn't have released it.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Of course they were, unfortunately. If you look at that short term to do list, we'll probably have half of them knocked out in a week, but that won't stop people from spreading information around such as "the new app doesn't have ABC". And people will go on believing that forever. So that's one of the things we're up against.

• Like 1

flexage

That's true, like you have said, at this point ET is in between an alpha and beta release (closer to beta IMO) but in the testing area we have seen great strides happen.

I hope people understand that this is illustrative of the app, but that there will continue to be improvements and additional features.... if not already there, anything that is missing will be added before long, so hopefully people will understand.

As it stands, I feel it's a very fast, beautiful, and stable app that will only improve and mature in the coming period.

Hats off to all involved, and well done Luke for all the blood, sweat and tears that you've put into this.

• Like 1

Awesome work.  Though currently at work when it became available.  Going to be a long day at work I sense.

• Like 1

whitestrat13

I messed with this during halftime, and all I can say is AWESOME JOB.  You killed it on the music interface, and video playback is buttery smooth.

• Like 3

Of course they were, unfortunately. If you look at that short term to do list, we'll probably have half of them knocked out in a week, but that won't stop people from spreading information around such as "the new app doesn't have ABC". And people will go on believing that forever. So that's one of the things we're up against.

No matter how great the app is unfortunately some people are pessimists. They dont see the great things ahead. They just see the things missing right now. I am an optimist. I know there are platforms that would love to copy this apps look and feel. I know my roku wishes it could look like this. I am expecting this app to become "the bar", and all the other apps will need to step up their game to fit in. So rather than focus on the "doubtful debbies", and their negativity lets put a positive spin here. This means other apps will soon get their turn. Congratulations in the future, from the past (when you read this a year from now).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles

Haven't had a chance to test yet since at work, but just curious with refresh rate switching, if it has an option to ignore theme videos and only adjust to the actual playback of the movie or TV show?

Testing Live TV playback and all i'm seeing is the spinning colored circle. FFMPEG is running on the server but get nothing on screen in ET.

Win10

NextPVR: 3.6.6

NextPVR Plugin: 3.0.5818.38096

Emby Server: 3.0.5851.25344

Xzener

Whew!! Can't believe we finally made it to the first public Alpha Release. What a great journey. Well done to everyone involved.

• Like 6

swhitmore

Hey @@Luke. Do you want people here to do bug reporting and feedback, or is this just a preview?

Edited by swhitmore

Happy2Play

I would think a bug topic in the testing area would be the right place.  Until there is a release.

• Like 1