New version Update

CtrlAlt7

jordy

Just installed the latest ET and I'm seeing interlacing effects in Live TV playback. Any way to enable De-interlacing filters?

I can confirm that it uses MadVR - the quality of the built in player is fantastic.

Argh! Stop teasing us  :angry:  :)

• Like 3

foozoor

I can confirm that it uses madVR. The quality of the built in player is fantastic.

Any screenshots with the madVR OSD to prove it's real? :D

I am refreshing this thread and blog pages every 10 seconds since 01/01/2016.

I can't wait anymore. Argh my brain is going to explode. ;)

Edited by foozoor

canachi

No, but we're not going to start asking people to switch apps on Day 1. The new app has everything the old one does except for external player support, which I'm sure will come at some point. And of course it has a lot of new things. But not everyone will want to switch immediately.

The current ET does everything I need, but as many others I've been waiting patiently for the new version. I'm disappointed there's no external player support in the first beta, I started using this feature just one month ago for 3D movies.

It will be possible to run the old and new versions in the same computer?

Regards.

Regards.

Probably under different Windows users (or with some manual intervention).

julianb

The current ET does everything I need, but as many others I've been waiting patiently for the new version. I'm disappointed there's no external player support in the first beta, I started using this feature just one month ago for 3D movies.

Regards.

For me this is also a big deal breaker. I've been using this feature since MB2 with WMC and now with ET. External player is very handy for my full ISO plackbacks with bonus. Hopefully it will be added pretty soon in the "beta" stage. I think a lot will appreciate it.

I've always used Emby (Theater, but mostly Classic,) with an external player.  Just curious, with MadVR, does Emby Theater use the settings from the existing MadVR install, or is it independent of  the "external" install?

foozoor

568e8855c9965_madvr1080.jpg

Thanks for the screenshot!

It seems you use an old madVR build. Why?

Is madVR integrated in Emby Theater or could we use already installed madVR?

Edited by foozoor
  • Like 1

AdrianW

Thanks for the screenshot!

It seems you use an old madVR build. Why?

Is madVR integrated in Emby Theater or could we use already installed madVR?

I found a MadVR folder inside the New ET folder. I replaced it with a later MadVR build and got this screenshot, not sure what the difference is - although the font is larger.

568e95ed6ba05_madvr2.jpg

Luke's been busy on functionality - but, I'm sure he'll include the latest builds of everything before it gets released.

Edited by AdrianW
  • Like 1

by the way the audio controls in the bottom right only show up when the mouse is active, so when you're just sitting back with a remote it looks much cleaner

• Like 1

RaxPower

I might be a few updates behind, but happy to see that it is respecting the 'default' flag again with regards to loading subtitles.

New UI looks great as well!

• Like 1

Just wondering, but is it possible in the new ET to select which audio device you want to send sound output to? This is one of the main reasons I use an external player. For normal TV viewing I use a soundbar, outputting PCM from my AMD GPU over HDMI via my TV. For movies, audio is routed to my amp. At the moment, the default sound device in Windows is the soundbar. In MPC-HC, I just select the amp output as the default, and it works perfectly. I like the idea of using the internal ET player, but I still need to have control of the audio.

AdrianW

Color me stupid, but will this work with a basic MCE remote?

Yes - I've been testing with my Harmony (which is set up for Media Center) and it's working fine. Not all functions are there yet - but all the basics are (directions, enter, exit, play, stop).

• Like 1

TheMafia

On the subject of the media center remote - I'm not a fan of the whole skipping 5 mins foward and 1 minute back.

Is there a way to change this to the same as windows media center? (30 seconds forward and 10 seconds back)

The reason I ask is because I'm partially deaf, and I miss quite a bit of speech so I am always rewinding 10 seconds at a time to try and hear what they say. 1 minute is painful, it's too much. 

• Like 1

AdrianW

On the subject of the media center remote - I'm not a fan of the whole skipping 5 mins foward and 1 minute back.

Is there a way to change this to the same as windows media center? (30 seconds forward and 10 seconds back)

The reason I ask is because I'm partially deaf, and I miss quite a bit of speech so I am always rewinding 10 seconds at a time to try and hear what they say. 1 minute is painful, it's too much. 

With Media Center I use MPC-HC as an external player - I have three separate skips lengths set up - using the buttons fast forward/rewind, skip forward/skip back and left/right. I think I have these configured at 10 minutes, 1 minute and 10 seconds in either direction. I'm hoping Luke implements something similar in ET.

• Like 1

SikSlayer

Yes - I've been testing with my Harmony (which is set up for Media Center) and it's working fine. Not all functions are there yet - but all the basics are (directions, enter, exit, play, stop).

IMO, the basics aren't enough. I'll do for the interim, but in the end, support for the transport buttons, as well as the info button, are required.

Edited by SikSlayer
  • Like 1

stuclark

IMO, the basics aren't enough. I'll do for the interim, but in the end, support for the transport buttons, as well as the info button, are required.

foozoor

So there is no option to use an already installed madVR installation.

Emby Theater always uses madVR from its installation directory.

Is it the same for other directshow filters like LAV Filters or XySubFilter?

Is today the public beta release day? Just say yes or no.

It would be great because I am on leave today. :)

Edited by foozoor

Kelmino

My biggest questions is how is the Mouse and Keyboard controls?

Honestly, that was my biggest issue with the current Emby Theater that we've had for a while now, almost impossible to navigate with a mouse.

AdrianW

My biggest questions is how is the Mouse and Keyboard controls?

Honestly, that was my biggest issue with the current Emby Theater that we've had for a while now, almost impossible to navigate with a mouse.

Most of my testing has been with a mouse and keyboard - works great for me. Mouse navigation is fast and responsive.

It apparently also works well with touch - for those that have a Windows tablet.

Edited by AdrianW

foozoor

There are some new commits in the github repository! :)

Is it the new Emby Theater?

I will install Visual Studio Community to build/compile it.

So I need to git clone Emby.Theater.Windows and Emby.Theater.Electron in the same directory, open Emby.Theater.Windows in Visual Studio and build. Is it correct? I am not a developer.

Edited by foozoor

Redshirt

There are some new commits in the github repository!

Is it the new Emby Theater?

I will install Visual Studio Community to build/compile it...

Don't waste your time. it depends on another project and that project is still hidden to ensure you can't build it yet. My guess is they've made the windows repo public just so users can post bugs there.