New version Update

CtrlAlt7

All apps unfortunately use the black theme I am not a fan of either. Let the devs concentrate first on squashing bugs as there are a lot of them and lot of features to be done to be fully useable. I think Luke has said it will be theme able. It is progressing well. 

I agree just stating what was important to me but thing there is other areas being worked on first.

So just by uising the app is it always running the lasted build. Confused if I need to reinstall as the there is not much in the setting section.

Loving the smoothness thought! Thanks again!

m,

For some reason it is not updating properly when you look at the logs it is downloading update but it doesn't apply it and it seems random it can update from some but not all. So I just download the setup file from the download page and then it downloads the latest version. In the latest versions I noticed it has the version number on the settings page.

One huge bug that it is not fixed yet is that if you watch couple of live tv channels and go to watch a recording instead of a recording you get the static picture of the last live tv channel you watched. So there is still plenty of work to be done as one person said I hope this is more of an alpha then beta.

In one of my previous posts I mentioned that there isn't a play button on live tv what I discovered is the reason why there isn't a play button because the program finished. So there need to be some kind of refresh on the live tv screen rather than you going to another tab and coming back to live tv.

Edited by denz

• 2 weeks later...
Warner306

Latest version removed CUDA as a hardware acceleration option, can we bring that back?

The developer of LAV Filters recommends DXVA2 Copy-Back for Nvidia GPUs. CUDA is considered to have broken features. It is also pushes the GPU into a higher power state and is less efficient.

Edited by Warner306

Maybe we should put cuda back in the menu but just have it use dxva instead just to prevent people from spreading mis-information, oh it's terrible, it doesn't support cuda.

I've been trying to look around but haven't stumbled on a definitive list of keyboard commands for the new player -- is there anything beyond the basic navigation controls for viewing? For example, file/display properties while viewing a video? Toggling subtitles?

Latchmor

If you are using it and don't see anything then probably no. However if the main man is working on it we'll be the first to know.

I wouldn't be to bothered that you didn't get a reply within 8 hours, he's a rather busy guy! ;-)

• Like 2

soundsnake8

If you are using it and don't see anything then probably no. However if the main man is working on it we'll be the first to know.

I wouldn't be to bothered that you didn't get a reply within 8 hours, he's a rather busy guy

Thanks Latchmor appreciate the heads up. I knew that, just hoping for a delightful surprise.

No progress yet. Even when external players are added, it's not going to initially come with native iso-mounting which means you'll need your own script to mount, launch your player and unmount.

Enjoying the New Emby Theater.  On my system, I have noticed that Emby Theater will play my MKV, MP4, and MOV video formats without any problems.

I also have a large number of AVI video files which do not seem to play properly in Emby Theater.  When I select an AVI file to play, I get a rotating circle in the middle of the Emby Theater window, and the AVI file does not play.  Is the AVI format supported by Emby Theater?  If not, any plans to support AVI files in the future?  If so, does anyone have any suggestions to get my AVI files to play properly?  Thanks.

swhitmore

Enjoying the New Emby Theater.  On my system, I have noticed that Emby Theater will play my MKV, MP4, and MOV video formats without any problems.

I also have a large number of AVI video files which do not seem to play properly in Emby Theater.  When I select an AVI file to play, I get a rotating circle in the middle of the Emby Theater window, and the AVI file does not play.  Is the AVI format supported by Emby Theater?  If not, any plans to support AVI files in the future?  If so, does anyone have any suggestions to get my AVI files to play properly?  Thanks.

It should be. Can you play these files in windows media player?

Does anyone get poor picture quality this was taken with .40 with Nvidia video card. All the non HD channels look poor. This is with EVR+

56b1db017489e_interlaced.png

If you think that looks good you should see how it looks in wmc it is not even close. Reading some of the prior comments it looks like there are still going to be improvements to EVR+. Anyone know how does wmc achieve such a high picture quality for SD channels HD channels are identical.

This is screenshot from a never pc with never NVidia card using evr+

I have posted a bug that recorded tv is transcoding and it has been closed I tested every recording and it does the same so either something doesn't get included in Australian wtv files or there is something wrong with ffmpeg as you can imagine if picture is this bad on non transcoded what it looks like being transcoded it is horrible. If kodi and wmc can display them properly that there is an issue with ffmpeg or some other testing maybe it is different for each market I don't know.

56b212b4a284b_Untitled.png

try adding the recordings as a regular library and see if it improves

Will do (I assume that you are referring to the AVI playback problem).  Thanks.

Abascal49

Wonder if you guys can share any thoughts on vertical scrolling for TV Shows /Movies, and what you're finally up to for future releases. Thanks 

try adding the recordings as a regular library and see if it improves

When I add them to my normal library they don't transcode what I found is that anything I play from recording section in serverwmc there is a popup streaming remuxed I would say this has something to do with it. The only remux option it has says this is only for kodi but even that is disabled.

Serverwmc version is 1.0.0.60 build 1225

Emby server is beta 5861

56b2908fec14e_Untitled1.png

Edited by denz

Koleckai Silvestri

Wonder if you guys can share any thoughts on vertical scrolling for TV Shows /Movies, and what you're finally up to for future releases. Thanks 

Vertical scrolling is supposed to be coming in the future. Still a lot of playback issues.