New version Update

CtrlAlt7

It would be preferable if you can select what channels appear in now playing there are many channels in Australia however probable half I never tune too as they are infomercials.

If you really never tune to them then there should be a way to remove them at another level - depending on exactly what your setup is.  You can either use your tuner configuration to hide them or to mark the ones you do want to see as "favorites" and then use the "Show only favorite channels" option in our setup.  I know this can be done easily with our built-in provider and I think most of the other systems should have some way to accomplish it as well.

Sugestions for Live TV:

• Have a user configurable Favorite channel section (Preferable with the remote)
  • Give an option startup ET in the guide or Favorites or the last playing channel or any other section for that matter
  • Stop showing duplicate channels in Now Playing, Upcoming Sports, upcoming programs, upcoming movies & upcoming for kids (Shows HD & SD side by side now)
  • Do not show so many channels in the guide (User configurable), use the MCE approach 8 to 12 is plenty. It may also load faster that way. Also user  bigger fonts About same as MCE
  • Also, allow us to configure how many hours to look ahead. I just need 2 to 3 hours or the next 1 or 2 shows. If I need to look farther, I can scroll to the right. It too may help loading faster.
  • Watching TV needs a fast guide, Preload the guide in memory. It loads really slow in all clients (Web included) right now
  • Have a mini guide same as MCE, so when watching TV, cursor up/down will bring up the mini guide (3 - 4) Channels at the time
  • Show Channel Numbers (Some clients do not show the channel number at all)
Edited by ronvp
  • Like 2

I figured out why some of my movies playback at double speed. I have both my intel and NVidia GForce display adaptors active, but only 1 has the monitor on. So when Hardware acceleration is set to AUTO, it picks the Intel, even if I am using the GForce. By manually setting it to the GForce, it works good.

• Like 1

It's a feature - only the next unwatched episode in a season will show the overview, this is to prevent spoilers. In the previous screenshot they're all watched episodes - so the overviews are shown.

It's been mentioned earlier that there should be an option to turn this feature on or off.

I didn't know that! What a great idea :) I've accidentally read spoilers in the past by reading the episode description

I hit stop and the whole app freezes for a while, and the movie is still playing inthe background somewhere :(

I have to force close the app since the "x" does not work when in this state.

+1, I've had to do this exact thing before.

SikSlayer

All of denz and ronvp's suggestions are excellent. I hope their advice is heeded.

Speaking of....

569994ae5bac1_Capturehd.png

This image, is this a mock up? I just updated my ET and I don't see those channel icons on mine.

There are a great look, they fit in perfectly.

• Like 1

Hey all, awesome job on the new ET! loving it.  Just wondering if the new Emby Theater has an update feature just yet? I've installed it on 3 machines over the course of the last hour, and found that one had version 1.0.18, the next one had 1.0.19, then the next one had 1.0.20 lol.  Now I want to go back to the first machine to get the latest one, but feel like I'm going to be cycling around between the 3 a lot at this rate haha.

Cheers

Hey all, awesome job on the new ET! loving it.  Just wondering if the new Emby Theater has an update feature just yet? I've installed it on 3 machines over the course of the last hour, and found that one had version 1.0.18, the next one had 1.0.19, then the next one had 1.0.20 lol.  Now I want to go back to the first machine to get the latest one, but feel like I'm going to be cycling around between the 3 a lot at this rate haha.

Cheers

Yes, completely automatic. All you need to do is run the app. In the future I'm sure it will do a better job of notifying you, but for now, it does auto-update.

Yes, completely automatic. All you need to do is run the app. In the future I'm sure it will do a better job of notifying you, but for now, it does auto-update.

oh mad, was just used to the old one letting me know with the little green arrow circle and wasn't sure if this one does it yet or not.  Cheers :)

alexwilson

Is there a non-mouse way to do back navigation? In the original ET I could use ESC to navigate back to previous screens, but now I have to use the mouse to navigate to the top-lett back arrow. On a tiny touchpad on a remote keyboard the key-press option is much preferable.

Using the 1.20/version from today. I've noticed the ESC key not working on the shhow and season pages, I presume it is the same elsewhere.

Is there a non-mouse way to do back navigation? In the original ET I could use ESC to navigate back to previous screens, but now I have to use the mouse to navigate to the top-lett back arrow. On a tiny touchpad on a remote keyboard the key-press option is much preferable.

Using the 1.20/version from today. I've noticed the ESC key not working on the shhow and season pages, I presume it is the same elsewhere.

backspace key. also, alt-left is a shortcut for back.

All of denz and ronvp's suggestions are excellent. I hope their advice is heeded.

Speaking of....

This image, is this a mock up? I just updated my ET and I don't see those channel icons on mine.

It is actually screenshot of the new hdhomerun dvr software. As I was finishing my message I just remembered that I have seen those thumbnails before and sure enough I did.

I don’t use it regularly I try it from time to time to see will it have a proper tv guide but it still doesn’t because of some ridicules patent for a grid what kind a moron allowed a spreadsheet to be patentable is beyond belief so they are basically trying to reinvent the wheel but so far it is not user friendly.

Still WMC rules with pvr in all aspects for live tv, recordings organization but saying that the live tv section of emby is looking very promising indeed.

• Like 3

Regarding the issue of DVR-MS files I changed the video render to evr and madvr and it works in both of them so only in evr+ doesn't.

In evr+ you can see the timeline moving forward but it just stays with a black screen.

However evr the picture is very poor it fills out only quarter of a screen madvr is unwatchable as it is missing so many frames.

EVR+ produces the best picture result except few deficiency not being able to play dvr-ms files and on some tv channels it doesn't fill the whole screen it fills roughly 95%.

I am on 1.0.20 version

2016-01-17 09:52:23.8331 Debug App: Exiting HttpConnection.OnReadInternal because nread=0. ConnectionId: aedfcfad65994f2f91505969db60828a
2016-01-17 09:52:25.7472 Info App: Http POST directshowplayer/play
2016-01-17 09:52:26.4113 Info InternalDirectShowPlayer: Playing Mr. Bean's Holiday. Audio Renderer: Default, Madvr: False, xySubFilter: True, ParentID: 982f74a0b5da141fd4c093f814a4cee0
2016-01-17 09:52:26.4113 Info InternalDirectShowPlayer: Playing Path http://192.168.1.2:8096/emby/videos/1d139607395d8ebb94e1027e0db6edaa/stream.mkv?DeviceId=Deni-PC&MediaSourceId=1d139607395d8ebb94e1027e0db6edaa&VideoCodec=h264&AudioCodec=aac&AudioStreamIndex=0&VideoBitrate=99872000&AudioBitrate=128000&PlaySessionId=0eaf139f3d4d4956a05472dd7fa14795&api_key=76086b2ed0c74bc8aa2b71f8cb6f95b9
2016-01-17 09:52:26.4113 Info InternalDirectShowPlayer: RealFrameRate: 25 videoRate: 50 startRate: 1920x1080p 32-bit @59Hz - Default
2016-01-17 09:52:26.4298 Info InternalDirectShowPlayer: Couldn't change resolution from 1920x1080p 32-bit @59Hz - Default to 1920x1080p 32-bit @50Hz - Default
2016-01-17 09:52:30.7640 Info App: Http POST directshowplayer/refresh​

Will there be option to remove the Ratings it just stands out to much with a border around it.

Thank you

Jafterdark

I'm having this issue when playing videos there is a Borders or a line above the video that's playing 

I know this is in early stages but I figured I'd let you know

post-889-0-32852100-1453004452_thumb.png

post-889-0-21839300-1453004472_thumb.png

post-889-0-17792400-1453004480_thumb.png

Jafterdark

does it appear on the sides too?

yes on the side's to but it's different on different videos the first video was 480p second video I played with 1080p the 1080p had a line on top but the 480p had all the way around

Speaking of....

This looks great. Where can I get those channel icons?

I really like the live tv look can't wait for the implementation of full tv guide and recordings hopefully it will be like wmc or better setup. Some suggestions

It would be preferable if you can select what channels appear in now playing there are many channels in Australia however probable half I never tune too as they are infomercials.

In the latest recordings hopefully it would be a thumbnail from the actual recording with a name of a show at the bottom of the recording with an overlay with title not too dominant like in the photos which I would prefer not to have any name of the file as it serves no purpose.

in hdhomerun store app it has actual thumbnails for a show not sure how they do that but for some shows and there are many that are the same on daily basis if it can pick up the thumbnail from a folder that we have manually filled up.

My tv guide provider includes movie: prefix so emby cannot find the thumbnail the option can be disabled and I have tried it out but I prefer it because when you are using a full screen tv guide in wmc it helps that it says that it is a movie I don't prefer having colour for different types it is just distracting.

The video quality is reasonable good I use evr+ somethings I noticed it still has a bit of deinterlacing issues but it is not like it is off I will say it is about maybe 30% off if that is possible. Some channels the picture doesn't fill up the full screen.

It doesn't like when you keep changing live tv channels some times it gets stuck and only shows the previous live tv channel static screen then you have to stop and try another channel.

It doesn't seem to like dvr-ms files android app has no issues with them.

xmltv file support so that we can use hdhomerun instead of wmc.

Either I am doing something wrong but the photos when I click on them it doesn't go full screen like the android app or ios app and you can go backwards and forwards.

It seems that coverart doesn't work any more. I have installed the latest beta update as of today.

The developers are making wonderful progress hopefully it continues.

Thank you

569994c115365_Capture1.png

569994ae5bac1_Capturehd.png

How did you get those channel icons? Looks great

I like the new Emby Theatre and think a lot of hard work went into it (Thank you) and the dev team is soaking up the feedback. My question is more along the line of an Agile question. How often will there be releases to address features\bugs? Will I get them automatically?

On my issue list is the settings, like to have more control on the display. I watch on my NUC and the menu option is not series freindly but that may just be a learing curve.

What about themes, not a fan of black theme.

m

yardameus

I believe right now this version is an online app, so some of the things that need to be updated are always up to date.

All apps unfortunately use the black theme I am not a fan of either. Let the devs concentrate first on squashing bugs as there are a lot of them and lot of features to be done to be fully useable. I think Luke has said it will be theme able. It is progressing well. 

swhitmore

All apps unfortunately use the black theme I am not a fan of either. Let the devs concentrate first on squashing bugs as there are a lot of them and lot of features to be done to be fully useable. I think Luke has said it will be theme able. It is progressing well. 

Definitely themeable. Luke has said this app should be very easy for people (maybe not the first person) to skin/theme because of the way it's written.