New version Update

CtrlAlt7

"building hype and expectation, and not delivering" - very unfair in my view. You might as well be complaining about the latest Star Wars, Apple, Google and Windows offerings which, arguably, have actually done that. When they are delivered everybody goes "Ooh Ahh" and then demand to know when the next release is coming. Luke and the team have handled this brilliantly by releasing teasers to keep us interested but avoiding the pratt fall of releasing something that disappoints through incomplete development. There is a lot riding on ET and a huge amount of interest (57,000 views for this thread alone) so I wish people would stop trying to force their hand. 

Keep at it Luke et al and remember  - 'in your own time'. We aren't going anywhere else!

• Like 1

bay_wolf

Just want to also put forth my appreciation and praise for all the hard work Luke and the other developers have put into the new Emby Theater and Emby as a whole. Thank you!

• Like 2

lklassen

I am also reading this thread with interest. (Although I am not as desperate for the new Emby Theatre as perhaps others...) I love Emby and have been using it for years. Currently using Windows 7 HTPC with Emby for WMC and I must say without reservation that it is the most stable, smooth experience to watch my Blu-Ray MKV rips that I have found so far. (Using 'Chocolate' theme as well). And I have tried others (Plex, Kodi etc...) ....and even the current version of Emby Theatre. Nothing seems to compare! I will be eager to try out the new Emby Theatre however...on Windows 10...to see if it's as smooth as my current setup!

I am even a contributor because that is how much I love the product. So I would say, for me....I can wait! Take your time developers and make sure you release something as stable as possible and that you are also happy with!

Thank you also for everyone else helping with this project, artists, testers...whatever!

Thanks for reading.

• Like 2

foozoor

What's going on? Is it going to be delayed again? :(

Please release a public alpha this week if you don't consider it as a beta.

pclausen

There's still a little over 10 hours left before "this week" is over.   ;)

Edited by pclausen

lklassen

Just reading your server specs.....wow. Impressive!

• Like 1

lulzyatlas

Just reading your server specs.....wow. Impressive!

I always salivate seeing those 16core opteron and xeon rack mounts on eBay. 64gb ram, man. I never really realize how far behind the curve my hacked up consumer grade gear is until I see the new standards coming.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

Overseer

Another nice feature to mention is you will now (well, soon ;) ) be able to navigate ET with your 360/gamepad. :)

Seriously? Really? I've got so many 360 controllers laying around.

soundsnake8

I always salivate seeing those 16core opteron and xeon rack mounts on eBay. 64gb ram, man. I never really realize how far behind the curve my hacked up consumer grade gear is until I see the new standards coming.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

Yes, me too I am actually twitching and shaking. VERY impressive ! I WAS very happy with my AMD Phenom II X6 1090T and 16gb ram, 52TB of storage with a mix of Raid arrays but mostly jbod's. Now I'm embarrassed. Time to start re-planning. Thanks for the wake up call !

DigiTM

Another nice feature to mention is you will now (well, soon ;) ) be able to navigate ET with your 360/gamepad. :)

Including a Xbox One Controller?  Only ask because the Xbox One controller has a slightly different axis setup.

AdrianW

Much longer than that - the week doesn't end (IMO) until 23:59 Sunday night on the west coast of the USA.  ;)

(Which means around another 28 hours from now).

Edited by AdrianW
  • Like 1

Koleckai Silvestri

Much longer than that - the week doesn't end (IMO) until 23:59 Sunday night on the west coast of the USA.  ;)

(Which means around another 28 hours from now).

In the US, the week starts at 00:00 Sunday.

Or about 3 hours from now on the West Coast. The new week has already started on the East Coast.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri

AdrianW

In the US, the week starts at 00:00 Sunday.

Or about 3 hours from now on the West Coast. The new week has already started on the East Coast.

Everyone knows that Saturday AND Sunday are the weekend - i.e. both days are at the end of the week. Therefore Monday is the start of the week  :P

• Like 3

Steven

Including a Xbox One Controller?  Only ask because the Xbox One controller has a slightly different axis setup.

I can't say for sure because I don't have one but ET uses the D-Pad so I would say it was pretty likely.

flexkikr

My MPC-HC player has just suddenly dropped off and my player went back to default ET player for some weird reason. 6 hours ago it was fine, I thought the new ET version has already been pushed out silently in the background. I kept going using the default player but it's still having choppy playback. Will try and reconfigure my external player settings back to where it was I just can't be bother at the moment have to wake up early tomorrow morning for work.

"building hype and expectation, and not delivering" - very unfair in my view. You might as well be complaining about the latest Star Wars, Apple, Google and Windows offerings which, arguably, have actually done that. When they are delivered everybody goes "Ooh Ahh" and then demand to know when the next release is coming. Luke and the team have handled this brilliantly by releasing teasers to keep us interested but avoiding the pratt fall of releasing something that disappoints through incomplete development. There is a lot riding on ET and a huge amount of interest (57,000 views for this thread alone) so I wish people would stop trying to force their hand. 

Keep at it Luke et al and remember  - 'in your own time'. We aren't going anywhere else!

I totally agree, much better to hold off and release something that's reasonably stable and complete. But like I said - I think a lot of the disappointment is being told it's being released before x, then y and this has happened now so many times now I've honestly lost count. It is very difficult to judge these things, and I'm sure they thought it was actually the case when they said it. These things happen.

Better off being more vague on time, or just being more open. e.g. "Hey guys we've decided we want to add features x and y before releasing and it's going to take some time, not sure how long exactly."

Don't get me wrong, I still have the utmost respect and appreciation for Luke and the team.

Edited by cshaun
  • Like 2

Kelmino

in a week or so people will forget all about the delay

My thought is I'd rather have it when it works, then to get it early, try to implement in the house, something doesn't work, and then I get pushback from people within my house for "updating the computer"

It took me a while to implement this into the house with everyone being happy, right now we watch all of our TV shows using the web client, and higher resolution movies using Theater with an external player (While on the server PC), web client works perfectly throughout the house on laptops at this point.

I'm personally happy to wait knowing it will be out soonish!

• Like 1

My thought is I'd rather have it when it works, then to get it early, try to implement in the house, something doesn't work, and then I get pushback from people within my house for "updating the computer"

Please keep in mind that, when it is available, it will still be a beta.  So immediately implementing it for your entire family may not be the best course of action :).

• Like 1

soundsnake8

Everyone knows that Saturday AND Sunday are the weekend - i.e. both days are at the end of the week. Therefore Monday is the start of the week  :P

WRONG !

Deathsquirrel

WRONG !

There's a reason why Outlook asks you how to display your weeks.  I don't think there is any universal standard, heck even a US standard on what the first day of the week is.

That said, it's a bit disappointing to not have the new beta available.  I was certainly expecting it yesterday.  Things slip and it's no big deal, but this is why I train my support team to never be all that specific with delivery dates.  The next release isn't scheduled for April 15, it's scheduled for Spring :)

We have a dream team working very hard on the new version of Emby Theater. Timeframe is definitely on the order of weeks and not months.

Christ on a bike!! I know it had a total rewrite and I know it'll be worth it (fingers crossed) in the end but dare I ask now WHEN in 2016 is this likely to happen? No matter how people try to paint it and put a positive spin on this, it is not good for the brand. I've been telling friends and family members about emby and demonstrated Theatre to them. For months now telling them there is a new improved version on the way ........weeks away ...... So when they ask now when the update is comin? All they hear is bad news. Makes them less interested in the product. Love using emby . Willing to pay whatever amount it may cost in the future. Just find this and other issues experienced in 2015 disappointing.

Koleckai Silvestri

Saturday is the finishing end. Sunday is the starting end. The work week is in the middle. ;)