Yes, but will it be better than Emby for WMC?
Of Cause! What you can do with KODI is really unbelievable! But in fact, you have to do some configuration first to fit your needs.
I used WMC many years and now I switched over to KODI.
Many features I missed all the years are now available.
- automatic Framerate switching
- native support of audio/ subtitle track selection
- great skinning support
- UPNP/ DLNA Renderer (send Pictures/ Videos from your mobile phone to KODI)
- A really great AddOn Repository
- No additional Filters/ Codecs need to be installed to the system
- available for nearly all platforms (I still wait for nvidia shield android tv to be released in Europe, it supports hardware HEVC acceleration on HDMI 2.0 for 4K UHD. Maybe the best plattform atm to run KODI.)
- more and more and more...