New version Update

CtrlAlt7

SHSPVR
bill_ray, on 05 Jan 2016 - 08:36 AM, said:

I have a sneaky feeling we will see something very soon.

The real questions is before are after my brithday :lol:

jespermart

What were we waiting for again?

Yes, I have forgotten to. I remember something about a substitute for WMC in windows 8, but it's so long ago I can't really remember the name LOL  :P

cshaun

I've stopped trying to troubleshoot various issues with current MBT/ET e.g. Trakt plugin not working 100%. Issues with key mappings with remotes. No point if there's a new version coming 'soon'.

Basically good for release so long as it's not a big step back from the current version. Get everyone moving forward.

Really looking forward to it.

AmericanCrisis

we'll have a beta for you guys sometime next week. we just need a few more days so hang tight.

It's Tuesday of next week!  :D

• Like 1

soundsnake8

Emby Theater just updated on my system to 3.0.5848.25554. No visual difference that I can see.....works fine and I don't see any release information. Does any one have more information ?

That's just one last update to the existing version. It just adds a little info message about the new app and will start displaying it later this month.

Deathsquirrel

Just wondering if the new ET will directly support 3D playback.  Anyone know?

I haven't seen anyone say one way or the other but I'd guess it's very unlikely.  It will almost certainly require an external player for that.

That's just one last update to the existing version. It just adds a little info message about the new app and will start displaying it later this month.

Hope i'm reading this wrong but does that mean the new app is now delayed till end of month?

No, but we're not going to start asking people to switch apps on Day 1. The new app has everything the old one does except for external player support, which I'm sure will come at some point. And of course it has a lot of new things. But not everyone will want to switch immediately.

No, but we're not going to start asking people to switch apps on Day 1. The new app has everything the old one does except for external player support, which I'm sure will come at some point. And of course it has a lot of new things. But not everyone will want to switch immediately.

If the internal player in the new version can use MadVR/LAV in the same way MPC-HC does, then I'll surely give it a go. External player support is a must though, not just for conditional playback using MPC-HC/VLC,  but also for 3D support using Stereoscopic Player. This 3D player is the only one I've found that natively supports AMD 3D Playback, and triggers my TV to automatically go into 3D mode.

Edited by tman
  • Like 2

julianb

I really is looking forward to the new app, but external player support is a must for me, because of ISO plackback and 3D. Anyway, can't wait to test it!

JoshuaAJones

I couldn't care less about the External Player as everything I have is digital.

I'm ready to adopt the next version now.

IMO, Friday would be great so as to allow for an entire weekend of testing.

Hopefully ET and ET 2 can be run in parallel until such time as external players becomes available. I am really looking forward to trying the new version but am a big fan of running mpc-hc as the pkayer.

foghat

I couldn't care less about the External Player as everything I have is digital.

I'm ready to adopt the next version now.

IMO, Friday would be great so as to allow for an entire weekend of testing.

External player means using a software based player, not external hardware.

Jdiesel

I wonder if that means emulators won't work for now. The ease at which emulators could be setup as external players was one of my favorite features of ET. Not a deal breaker for now but hopefully it is added back eventually.

AdrianW

If the internal player in the new version can use MadVR/LAV in the same way MPC-HC does, then I'll surely give it a go. 

I can confirm that it uses MadVR - the quality of the built in player is fantastic.

• Like 2

I can confirm that it uses MadVR - the quality of the built in player is fantastic.

Glad to hear it :)

It's MadVr as an option, not by default because not everyone will have a machine suitable for that. Just in case anyone is wondering.

DigiTM

Will it have support for Dolby Atmos?  Or is that just handled through the Bitstream option?

Edited by DigiTM

Jdiesel

Will it have support for Dolby Atmos? Or is that just handled through the Bitstream option?

There should be no problem bitstreaming it using LAV Filter.