New version Update

CtrlAlt7

Redshirt

That screenshots makes me look forward to a white theme ;)

Racist :P

• Like 1

GOOD DAY 

Had installed new version ET but uninstalled  to  install the GITHUB version

cannot install now as log says activation failed 

Below is the log, hopefully some one would be kind enough to take a look and see what is causing the activation fail.

Had some weird problems but will explain in another post after I get new version of ET back up and running.

Looking good and keep up the good work 

More of a mechanical inclined  person so i am lost at any kind of coding but would love to be able yo do what u people have accomplished

GOOD JOB TO ALL INVOLVED   :)

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.34209
System.Deployment.dll : 4.0.30319.34244 built by: FX452RTMGDR
clr.dll : 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
dfdll.dll : 4.0.30319.34244 built by: FX452RTMGDR
dfshim.dll : 4.0.41209.0 (Main.041209-0000)

SOURCES

IDENTITIES
Deployment Identity : Emby.Theater.Installer.application, Version=3.0.1.19, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=f6e7156d1c3b975d, processorArchitecture=msil

APPLICATION SUMMARY
* Online only application.

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
+ Activation failed.
+ The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [1/14/2016 12:23:21 AM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [1/14/2016 12:23:21 AM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (Activation)
- Activation failed.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.Activate(DefinitionAppId appId, AssemblyManifest appManifest, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.IO.FileNotFoundException
- The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.NativeMethods.CorLaunchApplication(UInt32 hostType, String applicationFullName, Int32 manifestPathsCount, String[] manifestPaths, Int32 activationDataCount, String[] activationData, PROCESS_INFORMATION processInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
* Transaction at [1/14/2016 12:23:21 AM]
+ System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreOperationSetDeploymentMetadata
- HRESULT: 0x0
+ System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreTransactionOperationType (27)

• Like 1

GOOD DAY 

Had installed new version ET but uninstalled  to  install the GITHUB version

cannot install now as log says activation failed 

Below is the log, hopefully some one would be kind enough to take a look and see what is causing the activation fail.

Had some weird problems but will explain in another post after I get new version of ET back up and running.

Looking good and keep up the good work 

More of a mechanical inclined  person so i am lost at any kind of coding but would love to be able yo do what u people have accomplished

GOOD JOB TO ALL INVOLVED   :)

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.34209
System.Deployment.dll : 4.0.30319.34244 built by: FX452RTMGDR
clr.dll : 4.0.30319.34209 built by: FX452RTMGDR
dfdll.dll : 4.0.30319.34244 built by: FX452RTMGDR
dfshim.dll : 4.0.41209.0 (Main.041209-0000)

SOURCES

IDENTITIES
Deployment Identity : Emby.Theater.Installer.application, Version=3.0.1.19, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=f6e7156d1c3b975d, processorArchitecture=msil

APPLICATION SUMMARY
* Online only application.

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
+ Activation failed.
+ The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [1/14/2016 12:23:21 AM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [1/14/2016 12:23:21 AM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentException (Activation)
- Activation failed.
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.SubscriptionStore.ActivateApplication(DefinitionAppId appId, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.Activate(DefinitionAppId appId, AssemblyManifest appManifest, String activationParameter, Boolean useActivationParameter)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.IO.FileNotFoundException
- The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.NativeMethods.CorLaunchApplication(UInt32 hostType, String applicationFullName, Int32 manifestPathsCount, String[] manifestPaths, Int32 activationDataCount, String[] activationData, PROCESS_INFORMATION processInformation)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
* Transaction at [1/14/2016 12:23:21 AM]
+ System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreOperationSetDeploymentMetadata
+ System.Deployment.Internal.Isolation.StoreTransactionOperationType (27)

try this

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/10553-cannot-install-server-or-mbtemc/

• Like 1

Thank you for your quick response

ran the Click once clear data you suggested and ET reinstalled ok

working good but do have a bug ? , but will post in the ET testing thread

thank you again 

Keep up the good work

The new app looks great! One thing I might suggest to make things a little more user-friendly is to add some sort of visual clue to the episode selection screen that navigating to the right brings you to the episode details page. I had no idea that's how you get to it until I accidentally tapped the right button.

Something along the lines of this might work nicely:

NewET.jpg

A similar, subtle visual cue could work anywhere that a different direction of navigation brings you to another screen, where it might not be so obvious at first.

Also, I've noticed that on the home screen; selecting the titles in the top navigation (television, movies, etc) doesn't bring me to that category anymore. Instead I need to go down and select "All movies", etc. I think it'd be nice to have the option to use either method to get to the category.

One other thing I noticed is that the new ET automatically signs in the last user to log in each time it's opened. Are there plans to make this optional? I found it more convenient to have to log in each time, due to the fact there are multiple users at my house that are used to selecting their name as soon as they open Emby. This would be preferable to having to navigate back, select log out, wait a few seconds and then log in again each time a different user wants to watch something from their account. That, and the fact it isn't visually obvious that the back button will take you to a log out screen.

Those are just some of my suggestions, other than that, I think the new app looks great! Can't wait to get some more use out of it!

• Like 2

nodiaque

changing audio is bugged. when changing track, the checkmark doesn't move. Because of that, you can't go back to this track. Also, would be great to have the metadata that goes with this track. Like I have 2 ac3 french track, but one have vfq as name and the other has vff. No way to know which one is which right now.

When I clicked on close while movie was playing, it continue playing when it returned to the menu. Trying to close emby didn't work after that, had to kill the app.

No way to change views? I don't like how my movies how showed, I prefered the list view.

jasonmcroy

The new app looks great! One thing I might suggest to make things a little more user-friendly is to add some sort of visual clue to the episode selection screen that navigating to the right brings you to the episode details page. I had no idea that's how you get to it until I accidentally tapped the right button.

Something along the lines of this might work nicely:

NewET.jpg

A similar, subtle visual cue could work anywhere that a different direction of navigation brings you to another screen, where it might not be so obvious at first.

Also, I've noticed that on the home screen; selecting the titles in the top navigation (television, movies, etc) doesn't bring me to that category anymore. Instead I need to go down and select "All movies", etc. I think it'd be nice to have the option to use either method to get to the category.

One other thing I noticed is that the new ET automatically signs in the last user to log in each time it's opened. Are there plans to make this optional? I found it more convenient to have to log in each time, due to the fact there are multiple users at my house that are used to selecting their name as soon as they open Emby. This would be preferable to having to navigate back, select log out, wait a few seconds and then log in again each time a different user wants to watch something from their account. That, and the fact it isn't visually obvious that the back button will take you to a log out screen.

Those are just some of my suggestions, other than that, I think the new app looks great! Can't wait to get some more use out of it!

Great idea! I have been Beta testing this from the beginning and I never knew that function was there! lol

Deathsquirrel

No way to change views? I don't like how my movies how showed, I prefered the list view.

It will support themes.  You'll be able to use different views I'm sure, through themes if nothing else.

Is that different from hitting ok on the remote?

Hitting ok plays the show, hitting "right" goes to the details view. At least with my Harmony remote.

Also, I noticed the play and pause buttons don't work for me; in order to pause, I need to press OK to bring up the OSD, and then press OK again to pause. Same goes from getting it to play again. Also, the "info" button doesn't work for me either. I know it's still in it's early stages though, so I'm sure these issues will get taken care of. For now I think I'll have to stick with the old version for my daily driver, just until some of these issues get worked out.

It's a shame though, because with the old MBT I need to turn my brightness down 10% in order to get the proper video brightness, but I don't need to do that with the new Emby Theater, or Windows Media Player.

Edited by pmac
  • Like 2

I also really miss that function from ET1. Hope it gets re-implemented.

• Like 1

So tonight Emby Theater displays a message to download the new version.  I canceled.  When I started it again, it asked me again to download.   So I allowed it to download and installed.

Started up the new version, everything looks good, and I hit play on one of my Blu-Ray ISOs.   Up pops a message to get Emby Premiere.   I go to Settings to check my external player configuration for TMT 6 and I can't find anywhere to configure it.

So I reinstall the old version of Emby Theater, and it has lost my external player configuration.   And it keeps asking me to try the new Emby Theater every time I start it.   I am not happy.

So tonight Emby Theater displays a message to download the new version.  I canceled.  When I started it again, it asked me again to download.   So I allowed it to download and installed.

Started up the new version, everything looks good, and I hit play on one of my Blu-Ray ISOs.   Up pops a message to get Emby Premiere.   I go to Settings to check my external player configuration for TMT 6 and I can't find anywhere to configure it.

So I reinstall the old version of Emby Theater, and it has lost my external player configuration.   And it keeps asking me to try the new Emby Theater every time I start it.   I am not happy.

You can get an old version without that here:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/29908-previous-version/

elshagon

I got the same message tonight and installed the new version alongside my old Emby theater.  First movie I tried and it's not bitstreaming to my receiver.  I don't see anywhere to go in settings like the other MBT to change bitstreaming.  When I go to the tray icon and try and change the setting to LAV Audio it starts to bitstream and stutter and I have to exit.  When I restart MBT the LAV bitstreaming is unchecked again.  Any help would be appreciated to get me to pass the DTS etc to my receiver.  

Another thing I notice is I can no longer use my mouse to scroll thru movies like I used to.  I'm not sure if this is by design or not.

Any reason why I can browse everything perfectly, but nothing happens when I try to play something?  I even get the ''resume" notice on partially played media.

Im a premiere user, and theres no feedback of any issue there. Happens on multiple devices too.

Tried looking thru the logs but im not sure what im looking for.

Would it be account related?

Keen to fully try it out! Looks too good.

I don't see anywhere to go in settings like the other MBT to change bitstreaming. 

Another thing I notice is I can no longer use my mouse to scroll thru movies like I used to.  I'm not sure if this is by design or not.

Click the user icon in the top right to find settings. You bet you can use your mouse. Try using the mouse wheel.

rusty_nail

Hi Mods,

i just updated my version of emby today and notice it is no longer a free service. Now im more than happy to contribute(and have done on several occasions in the past) but to be honest i would be making a commitment and buying the lifetime license if i were to spend any more money on this app. HOWEVER, Ihave some hesitations this time as i have recently moved from the WMC theater to the standalone emby theater and much to my frustration i have noticed that the movies have no "vert scroll" option and the TV shows are only able to be displayed 2 rows at a time, as im sure you can imagine navigating a library of over 1k movies and 100 TV shows with just a remote on a dedicated home theater PC, this becomes quite a task and i have found that the app just isnt as user friendly and have found myself looking for alternative apps of late.

Is there any plan to develop the app to include the vert scroll feature, and include banner view in TV shows with more than 2 rows?

any feedback/advice would be much appreciated.

cheers

rusty

Edited by rusty_nail

techywarrior

Currently the new Emby Theater is in late alpha/early beta so there are things that are still going to change.

As far as the UI, Emby Theater is going to be fairly easily themeable, so I would assume that if lots of people want/need vert scroll or multiple rows etc. someone will build a theme for it.

Doesn't help you "today" but I think you will get what you are looking for in the near future.

• Like 2

AdrianW

Scrolling long lists of movies and TV shows is helped greatly by using the alpha picker that appears at the bottom of those pages. You move the cursor down to the row of letters and you can then skip along very quickly.

• Like 1