New version Update

CtrlAlt7

rusty_nail

Currently the new Emby Theater is in late alpha/early beta so there are things that are still going to change.

As far as the UI, Emby Theater is going to be fairly easily themeable, so I would assume that if lots of people want/need vert scroll or multiple rows etc. someone will build a theme for it.

Doesn't help you "today" but I think you will get what you are looking for in the near future.

thanks mate, ill keep an eye on it =D

rusty_nail

Scrolling long lists of movies and TV shows is helped greatly by using the alpha picker that appears at the bottom of those pages. You move the cursor down to the row of letters and you can then skip along very quickly.

yeah i know that but the alpha picker is only useful if you have a mouse, or actually know which movie you want to watch.

AdrianW

yeah i know that but the alpha picker is only useful if you have a mouse, or actually know which movie you want to watch.

OK to the second point. But you don't need a mouse - a remote works just as well - a couple of down clicks to get to the picker, then hold right to move along at speed.

I think the "page down / page up" function should be implemented (via the channel up/down buttons on most remotes) - in EMC that scrolls a screenful of titles at once sideways.

• Like 2

djonnie

i just updated my version of emby today and notice it is no longer a free service.

Luke in his post said: Everyone is welcome to download and browse around, and the full-feature set is available for Emby Premiere users.

Will the app at some point in time be usable by non Premiere users?

elshagon

I found the settings after Luke's message and was able to setup bitstreaming.  Everything is working correctly now.  I like how you can now shuffle tv shows, music, etc.  This is great for my kids cartoons and playlists.  Using the scroll wheel on the mouse works much better as I would often mouse right past the movie I wanted and then would zoom past it going back the other way with the old version of MBT.  The layout is better too.  Having the audio and subtitles available to change right on the screen is better too.  Any other features which have been added or changed?  

SikSlayer

NewET.jpg

I look at that image and think "Why do I only get episode details on the first show on the list but here, all of them do?"

Here's an example:

56992229cfea1_20160115.png

AdrianW

I look at that image and think "Why do I only get episode details on the first show on the list but here, all of them do?"

It's a feature - only the next unwatched episode in a season will show the overview, this is to prevent spoilers. In the previous screenshot they're all watched episodes - so the overviews are shown.

It's been mentioned earlier that there should be an option to turn this feature on or off.

Edited by AdrianW
  • Like 1

Happy2Play

By design, some think the overview is a spoiler so unwatched episode overviews are hidden.

SikSlayer

It's a feature - only the next unwatched episode in a season will show the overview, this is to prevent spoilers. In the previous screenshot they're all watched episodes - so the overviews are shown.

It's been mentioned earlier that there should be an option to turn this feature on or off.

By design, some think the overview is a spoiler so unwatched episode overviews are hidden.

Oh cool, I had noticed this ages ago, didn't see any mention, but good to know.

Hitting ok plays the show, hitting "right" goes to the details view. At least with my Harmony remote.

Also, I noticed the play and pause buttons don't work for me; in order to pause, I need to press OK to bring up the OSD, and then press OK again to pause. Same goes from getting it to play again. Also, the "info" button doesn't work for me either. I know it's still in it's early stages though, so I'm sure these issues will get taken care of. For now I think I'll have to stick with the old version for my daily driver, just until some of these issues get worked out.

It's a shame though, because with the old MBT I need to turn my brightness down 10% in order to get the proper video brightness, but I don't need to do that with the new Emby Theater, or Windows Media Player.

I have similar problems with the play, pause, forward and rewind buttons on my remote. Also, it is a pain to stop the video and go back to the main screen. For now, it is back to the previous version for me, unfortunately. 

I have similar problems with the play, pause, forward and rewind buttons on my remote. Also, it is a pain to stop the video and go back to the main screen. For now, it is back to the previous version for me, unfortunately. 

How is it a pain to stop? You either click back or stop and either will do.

• Like 1

I hit stop and the whole app freezes for a while, and the movie is still playing inthe background somewhere :(

I have to force close the app since the "x" does not work when in this state.

Edited by aaRJay

SikSlayer

I notice the names of chapters in MKV files don't show up anymore, just the time stamp.

elshagon

The "x" to exit the app wasn't working for me at first using my mouse as well.  It now seems to work fine.  Also a couple times when clicking on something with my mouse MBT would go out of full screen.  Just minor issues and they don't seem to happen every time.  Overall I like where it's going.

The "x" to exit the app wasn't working for me at first using my mouse as well.  It now seems to work fine.  Also a couple times when clicking on something with my mouse MBT would go out of full screen.  Just minor issues and they don't seem to happen every time.  Overall I like where it's going.

Thanks. Probably just an accidental double click, which toggles fullscreen.

Xzener

My "X" has been sending me back to details screen (watching a movie)... The player contines behind ET, I can hear sound with no video. Have to CTRL+F4 to kill ET at that point. Although haven't been able to test the last couple days... Could have been fixed since then.

Edited by Xzener
  • Like 1

All the versions i've tried up to 14 today won't go full screen and the numbers are cut off at the top of the screen on the password screen. I can still use my KB to input the numbers though. I have uninstalled, rebooted and deleted the emby dir before reinstalling.

post-350-0-65340300-1452881205_thumb.png

post-350-0-77199800-1452881213_thumb.png

Koleckai Silvestri

Clicking the back with my mouse doesn't stop playback. In fact, I can click back with the mouse, click play, rinse and repeat and play the same video over itself numerous times until eventually the entire system crashes.

Harblar

Nice work on the new app. I see lots of potential and features, but I have some bugs, too.  First off, I'm using a basic Microsoft Media center usb remote to control my HTPC. I don't have any play/pause/FF/REW/<| or |> control from the remote.  Also no Chapter skipping ability from the on screen display (At least with my Bluray MKV's. Haven't tried any of the DVD or HD-DVD's yet). 

Issue Number two, No Subtitles on my Bluray MKV's. (They do work on my DVD MKV'S... haven't tried them on my HD-DVD's yet) They are listed and selectable, but do not display. Before it was matter of fiddling with the Lav splitter/video, but there are no longer options on the settings page to adjust these. Same for the Lav audio settings.  I get trying to make the program simpler for people to use, but don't dumb it down so much that it actually makes fixing problems more complicated. Now, assuming that it is a Lav setting that needs to be tweaked to restore subs, I'll have to find a way to do this externally, which is much more difficult than hitting a single button in program and popping up an options dialogue.  I say split the settings into a basic and advanced mode. Basic works as you have it now and Advanced gives you access to every conceivable playback option we could possibly tweak.

Other than that, looking good.

• Like 1

jasonmcroy

The remote controls you are missing haven't been implemented yet.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

I hit stop and the whole app freezes for a while, and the movie is still playing inthe background somewhere :(

I have to force close the app since the "x" does not work when in this state.

Same here, still quite a bit of small quirks here and there. Some of my movies(MP4) playback at double speed also. Overall it looks really good and I like the overal approach to basically replace MCE.

I am waiting for the Live TV/Guide/Recording to work and will try to put in on a real machine..

• Like 1

I really like the live tv look can't wait for the implementation of full tv guide and recordings hopefully it will be like wmc or better setup. Some suggestions

It would be preferable if you can select what channels appear in now playing there are many channels in Australia however probable half I never tune too as they are infomercials.

In the latest recordings hopefully it would be a thumbnail from the actual recording with a name of a show at the bottom of the recording with an overlay with title not too dominant like in the photos which I would prefer not to have any name of the file as it serves no purpose.

in hdhomerun store app it has actual thumbnails for a show not sure how they do that but for some shows and there are many that are the same on daily basis if it can pick up the thumbnail from a folder that we have manually filled up.

My tv guide provider includes movie: prefix so emby cannot find the thumbnail the option can be disabled and I have tried it out but I prefer it because when you are using a full screen tv guide in wmc it helps that it says that it is a movie I don't prefer having colour for different types it is just distracting.

The video quality is reasonable good I use evr+ somethings I noticed it still has a bit of deinterlacing issues but it is not like it is off I will say it is about maybe 30% off if that is possible. Some channels the picture doesn't fill up the full screen.

It doesn't like when you keep changing live tv channels some times it gets stuck and only shows the previous live tv channel static screen then you have to stop and try another channel.

It doesn't seem to like dvr-ms files android app has no issues with them.

xmltv file support so that we can use hdhomerun instead of wmc.

Either I am doing something wrong but the photos when I click on them it doesn't go full screen like the android app or ios app and you can go backwards and forwards.

It seems that coverart doesn't work any more. I have installed the latest beta update as of today.

The developers are making wonderful progress hopefully it continues.

Thank you

569994c115365_Capture1.png

569994ae5bac1_Capturehd.png

Edited by denz
  • Like 3

Harblar

Yeah... Mine started not displaying cover art tonight, too. (though the cover art for all collections is fine... just not the individual movies) It was there mid afternoon, now it's not. Not sure if it updated in there or not.

edit: never mind... It's working again.

Still not getting subtitles to work either. How do you go about tweaking the LAV splitter/Audio/Video settings now that there is no longer a direct link to the pop up window on the settings page?

I've done it before, but I can't remember how.

Edited by Harblar