marcelveldt

@@foghat

Doesn't look like trailers will be able to get that runtime information server side. What about an add-on option, if you enable it, it prompts you before starting playback asking if you want to play trailers? Yes - plays trailers, No - skips trailers completely?

Something like that would be awesome!

Curious, if you say 'no' how is that working?  Disabling cinema mode on the fly?  Or doing something else?

• Like 1

Angelblue05

If you say no, I was thinking it could simply skip adding trailers to the playlist and only play the main item. It would not disable cinema mode. It would prompt you every time you playback something (if the option is enabled that is). Would that work? Or what would you suggest? :)

If you say no, I was thinking it could simply skip adding trailers to the playlist and only play the main item. It would not disable cinema mode. It would prompt you every time you playback something (if the option is enabled that is). Would that work? Or what would you suggest? :)

For sure that could work.  What I was thinking of is something like what aeon skin does with cinema experience.

If you enable the option, show a second play button on movie details screen.  It has been a long time, but I think Aeon calls the second button button 'cinema experience'.  I guess saying 'play w/cinema mode' would be a little long. 

Of course this method would only work if user has the movie information screen enabled.

I think either option would be good.  Your suggestion would work regardless of movie info screen being enabled.  My suggestion is one less button press to get things playing.

• Like 1

As an aside, my kodi crashed hard again today and I had to resinstall everything. 

I am using a jarvis nightly (android tv), but it has been fine for the last few days.  Right before it crahsed (which was just after I launched kodi), I noticed a toaster notification that said something about the skin helper add-on failing or not loading or such.  I guess I am not sure if the issue was titan related or not.  Maybe I should turn off auto udate for the add-ons - keep things constant for awhile and see what happens.

Angelblue05

Ok, I think I will approach it how I mentioned. I'll implement it for the next beta release (1.1.53) if everything goes according to plan. :)

Edit: I have been seeing the script error as well for the script skin helper.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 2

Ok, I think I will approach it how I mentioned. I'll implement it for the next beta release (1.1.53) if everything goes according to plan. :)

Awesome!  Thanks a lot for this.

marcelveldt

Do you have a log with the error?

Angelblue05

Sorry no, I don't otherwise I would have posted it. Next time it happens, I will let you know as usual, with a log. :)

@@marcelveldt

The error happens when I check music, unfortunately I don't have the info surrounding the error :

20:51:59 T:12484   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Angel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\plugin.py", line 92, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\Angel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\plugin.py", line 50, in __init__
                                                getRecentSongs(limit)
                                              File "C:\Users\Angel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\PluginContent.py", line 597, in getRecentSongs
                                                item["art"] = getMusicArtworkByDbId(item["songid"], "songs")
                                              File "C:\Users\Angel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\ArtworkUtils.py", line 726, in getMusicArtworkByDbId
                                                artistartwork["albums"] = "[CR]".join(artistartwork.get("albums",""))
                                            TypeError
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Awesome!  Thanks a lot for this.

The option is available in 1.1.53. Let me know how it's working out for you. Thanks.

• Like 2

The option is available in 1.1.53. Let me know how it's working out for you. Thanks.

I will check it out on short order!  Thanks a lot.  Was just coming to this thread to comment that I cannot get the sking backup to work.  I am on a Shield (andorid tv), when I select to backup the skin I get an error stating:

Backup the skin settings

An error has occured creating the backup!

encode() argument 1 must be string, not None

Thoughts?

Edited by foghat

Quick test and things look great!  Have confirmed that skipping the trailers does not mark them as watched and choosing to play them works as expected.

This is brilliant!  Thanks for looking into this and the awesome turn around time.

One question:  if one has Custom Intro enabled, will selecting the 'No' option skip those as well?  I don't really have any otherwise I'd test it myself.

Edited by foghat

marcelveldt

Sorry no, I don't otherwise I would have posted it. Next time it happens, I will let you know as usual, with a log. :)

@@marcelveldt

The error happens when I check music, unfortunately I don't have the info surrounding the error :

Ah, thanks. I already fixed that today.

• Like 2

marcelveldt

Backup the skin settings

An error has occured creating the backup!

encode() argument 1 must be string, not None

Thanks for reporting. This will be fixed in tonight's update of the skin helper service.

• Like 2

Angelblue05

What does this mean, they are set as per Emby? What type of content are they? This only happens if it's mixed content or you have View styles disabled for them (emby webclient > user icon > settings > home screen settings > view style > make sure everything is checked.

What does this mean, they are set as per Emby? What type of content are they? This only happens if it's mixed content or you have View styles disabled for them (emby webclient > user icon > settings > home screen settings > view style > make sure everything is checked.

View style now all checked. However still have 2 movies folders listed.

Angelblue05

Are they empty? You will most likely need to reset your kodi database. Then it should be back to normal. I have a question, why did you disable view style in the first place? Or were they already disabled.

More info:

When we sync your content to Kodi, we apply a tag (named after your view). Then we recreate the sections by filtering the tags, using your server as point of reference to build your emby views in kodi. If your views in emby changes in any way, the point of reference changes and when you go into Kodi, it return empty sections because it can't find tags named after the new view. This is why a reset is necessary for your local database. To assign the new view tags to your content.

Hopefully someday we can come up with a solution to having to reset for this type of change.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Is it a mixed content folder?

@@lja

Nevermind, just saw the picture. It's fine. You are seeing the emby movies and the second one is the Kodi default movies entry. 

Edited by Angelblue05

Is it a mixed content folder?

@@lja

Nevermind, just saw the picture. It's fine. You are seeing the emby movies and the second one is the Kodi default movies entry. 

So that's how it should be?

Angelblue05

Yes. What you want to do is then setup your home menu with the shortcuts you are actually wanting to use. What you are looking at is just all the shortcuts in one place, however it's very inconvenient to access them in that way. So in titan skin settings, you will add a new home shortcut for the entries you want and point them to the shortcuts you want. 

Check the last section, home shortcuts: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/26121-tutorial-how-to-set-up-kodi/

• Like 1

marcelveldt

I think the beta repo is screwed, it looks like you tried to do a beta release but used the wrong name. The addon.xml has 3.4.14 but the file for 3.4.14 has the word beta in name, also the size looks wrong.

Oops, messed up the zip file... Thanks for noticing. Correct version is now uploading to the repo.

Can the title be removed from pictures that appear in the slideshow but not from the shortcut on the home screen?

Please cancel this.

Edited by lja

Glyde62

Noticed after the latest update watched status is playing up again, Gets marked as watched, But doesn't get hidden.

But if I exit to main page then back again it no longer marked as watched