marcelveldt

browned

Anybody else getting channels, favorite shows showing up on the Home screen instead of smart shortcuts?

My normal home screen is (SS) = smart shortcut

Live TV, Movies (SS), TV (SS), Kids Movies (SS), Kids TV (SS), Collections, Music, Pictures, Settings

What I have now after a couple of Kodi restarts is

Live TV, Channels, Channels, Favorite Shows, Favorite Shows, Collections, Music, Pictures, Settings.

Angelblue05

The only thing I changed is to make sure we follow emby "my views". If they are grouped in the webclient, go to webclient > user icon > settings > home screen settings and uncheck content in the "my views" section. It was changed to create uniformity with the rest of the emby apps. Restart Kodi and it should be back or normal. Otherwise, if the kodi shortcuts show up empty, reset the kodi local database (via launching our add-on) and you should be good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

jluce50

I think this issue has been around a while (and it may be working as designed for all I know). If I go into certain submenu items (Unwatched, In Progress, etc) from the Movies submenu on the homescreen, hitting backspace takes me into the Emby addon menu rather than back to the homescreen. Other submenu items perform as expected. Let me know if the behavior isn't clear and I'll post some screenshots. Any idea how to fix this?

marcelveldt

@@marcel, on 3.5.28 smart shortcut is missing also movies&tv search is not working.

Thank

Like @@Angelblue05 stated in the previous post, something has changed in the emby addon regarding the collections, on which the smart shortcuts are based. I think that you need to do a resync to fix it
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Yeah we had a bit of a miscommunication on the release that applied those changes. Moving forward, you will get the reset prompt when we have changes that will most likely break your library. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edited by Angelblue05

marcelveldt

I think this issue has been around a while (and it may be working as designed for all I know). If I go into certain submenu items (Unwatched, In Progress, etc) from the Movies submenu on the homescreen, hitting backspace takes me into the Emby addon menu rather than back to the homescreen. Other submenu items perform as expected. Let me know if the behavior isn't clear and I'll post some screenshots. Any idea how to fix this?

This should be fixed in the addon by adding ",return" to the commands. I'm not at my PC atm, @@Angelblue05 if you're at your PC can you take a look? If not, I can fix it later.
  • Like 1

Glyde62

How can I stop cover art showing , Have it set not to show in emby for kodi plugin and even uninstalled it in emby server.

But it's still showing

marcelveldt

How can I stop cover art showing , Have it set not to show in emby for kodi plugin and even uninstalled it in emby server.

But it's still showing

Maybe you enabled the skin's poster overlays ?

skin settings --> media library views -- all the way at the bottom

Glyde62

Maybe you enabled the skin's poster overlays ?

skin settings --> media library views -- all the way at the bottom

Will check it out when I get home

Angelblue05

If you synced your library with coverart enabled, then all your artwork was cached this way. The only way to fix it is to reset your database and let it resync. Then you should have normal artwork, since you no longer have it on your server.

• Like 1

Glyde62

If you synced your library with coverart enabled, then all your artwork was cached this way. The only way to fix it is to reset your database and let it resync. Then you should have normal artwork, since you no longer have it on your server.

Reset it in emby or kodi?

What's easiest way to do that?

Angelblue05

@@Glyde62

Kodi settings > add-ons > my add-ons or enabled add-ons > video add-ons > emby > configure > advanced tab > reset local database. It will prompt you to reset your database, Yes. It will prompt you to reset your emby information, No.

You can also access the reset option by launching the Emby for Kodi add-on. The option will be near the end of the list (below your emby user views).

Glyde62

@@Glyde62

Kodi settings > add-ons > my add-ons or enabled add-ons > video add-ons > emby > configure > advanced tab > reset local database. It will prompt you to reset your database, Yes. It will prompt you to reset your emby information, No.

You can also access the reset option by launching the Emby for Kodi add-on. The option will be near the end of the list (below your emby user views).

That fixed it,   Thanks

• Like 1

Angelblue05

This should be fixed in the addon by adding ",return" to the commands. I'm not at my PC atm, @@Angelblue05 if you're at your PC can you take a look? If not, I can fix it later.

Feel free to add it, I'm not exactly sure where it belongs... "the commands" doesn't tell me much, plus I can't seem to repeat the issue, hah. :)

Glyde62

New problem on my android tablet now when I open TV Shows / Movies all files are showing

but when I click it says item is no longer available do I wish to delete

marcelveldt

New problem on my android tablet now when I open TV Shows / Movies all files are showing

but when I click it says item is no longer available do I wish to delete

Does this happen after you resynced your library in Kodi ?

In that case I guess you choose the "use local paths" option in the Emby addon and there's something wrong with your paths.

Make sure that in your Emby server you have added the UNC path (or use path substitution).

@Angelblue06 I guess we need to detect when the paths aren't right so we can warn the user about it before syncing the whole content.

• Like 1

mediaGuy

1) I have now increased the text size if you've set the guide to display 7 rows. The 9 and 12 row views are left untouched.

2) Fixed the bug with the squished images.

3) I update the log with every release to stable. Just look into addons --> skins --> titan and show the info for the log.

4) fixed the netflix updating issue, it was refreshing way too often.

Will provide a new beta with these fixes later today.

Regards,

Marcel

The larger text size in the 7 row grid causes 4-digit channels numbers to show up as XX.. (the last 2 digits get clipped)

Any chance this can be made a little smaller or increase the column width (there seems to be lots of space before the channel name starts)?

jluce50

Ah, okay. The ability to edit the commands directly in Skin Settings was removed a while back. Where would I find these commands now?

marcelveldt

The larger text size in the 7 row grid causes 4-digit channels numbers to show up as XX.. (the last 2 digits get clipped)

Any chance this can be made a little smaller or increase the column width (there seems to be lots of space before the channel name starts)?

Actually there is no space.. Between the channel number and the channel name is the channel icon.

I guess in your setup there is no channel icon ?

What I can do here is make the label larger only if there's no icon present.

Available in next beta update

Edited by marcelveldt

marcelveldt

Ah, okay. The ability to edit the commands directly in Skin Settings was removed a while back. Where would I find these commands now?

You can't edit the command of smartshortcuts yourself, they're provided by the Emby addon...

Also, the option to edit command hasn't been deleted, it's still there ;-)

I have looked at this and the return command is already there in the Emby nodes. Also I tried it on my own machine and it's returning fine to the homescreen so must be some setting in your setup. Did you already tried to do a full resync after the last changes in the Emby addon ?