marcelveldt

marcelveldt

@@marcel, on 3.5.28 smart shortcut is missing also movies&tv search is not working.

Thank

Search is fixed in new beta update of the skin.

For the missing smart shortcuts entries see the post of @@Angelblue05 about the changed collection views in the Emby addon.

I had my jarivs build of kodi crash something hard today.  So not sure if this issue is related to installing the latest emby for kodi (1.1.51), but:

After reinstalling the latest nightly of Jarvis and latest emby for kodi add-on when I try to edit (or add) a short-cut for the submenus, there is nothing in the the smart shortcuts 'folder'.  The smart shortcut folder doesn't have the emby icon anymore either. Using android tv.

mediaGuy

Actually there is no space.. Between the channel number and the channel name is the channel icon.

I guess in your setup there is no channel icon ?

What I can do here is make the label larger only if there's no icon present.

Available in next beta update

4-digits are working great now.

Thanks a lot, much appreciated.

marcelveldt

I had my jarivs build of kodi crash something hard today. So not sure if this issue is related to installing the latest emby for kodi (1.1.51), but:

After reinstalling the latest nightly of Jarvis and latest emby for kodi add-on when I try to edit (or add) a short-cut for the submenus, there is nothing in the the smart shortcuts 'folder'. The smart shortcut folder doesn't have the emby icon anymore either. Using android tv.

I assume that in skin settings the smart shortcuts for Emby are enabled?

What happens if you go to Videos shortcut in home? Do you see your nodes listed there?

Also, see the comment of @@Angelblue05 that there has been a change in the way the collections are handled. There is a setting for that in the Emby server.

Also it might be a good idea to look at your Kodi log file. Maybe there's an error in there.

@@Angelblue05, a lot of people have problems after this change. Maybe it should be reverted?

Angelblue05

No, the change will not be reverted. It was done so we can follow the rest of the emby apps. Next release will force reset the database to include some modifications for music, this should rectify the situation. I will make an announcement like it should have been done with the build containing the view changes. Then everyone will be on the same page.

I assume that in skin settings the smart shortcuts for Emby are enabled?

What happens if you go to Videos shortcut in home? Do you see your nodes listed there?

Also, see the comment of @@Angelblue05 that there has been a change in the way the collections are handled. There is a setting for that in the Emby server.

Also it might be a good idea to look at your Kodi log file. Maybe there's an error in there.

@@Angelblue05, a lot of people have problems after this change. Maybe it should be reverted?

Yes emby smart shortcuts were enabled.

emby for kodi add-on auto updated to .52 and all seems to be well now.

Edited by foghat
  • Like 1

If one has Cinema Mode enabled, is it possible to add a 'play without cinema mode' option where the movie would play directly and skip the trailers?

jluce50

I believe if you enable the option to play over HTTP rather than SMB it will effectively disable Cinema Mode.

I believe if you enable the option to play over HTTP rather than SMB it will effectively disable Cinema Mode.

I don't want to disable it though.  There are just times/circumstances when I'd rather not have the trailers play.  Most times though, I do want them to play. 

I know aeon skin had this feature that worked with the cinema experience add-on.  Just wondering if something similar can be done with cinema mode.

marcelveldt

I don't want to disable it though. There are just times/circumstances when I'd rather not have the trailers play. Most times though, I do want them to play.

I know aeon skin had this feature that worked with the cinema experience add-on. Just wondering if something similar can be done with cinema mode.

Hmmm, I think this is completely handled server side but maybe we can figure something out. I'll take a look later this week as I'm currently occupied with some bugs in the skin

marcelveldt

I had my jarivs build of kodi crash something hard today. So not sure if this issue is related to installing the latest emby for kodi (1.1.51), but:

After reinstalling the latest nightly of Jarvis and latest emby for kodi add-on when I try to edit (or add) a short-cut for the submenus, there is nothing in the the smart shortcuts 'folder'. The smart shortcut folder doesn't have the emby icon anymore either. Using android tv.

I'm working on these issues. I think that it just takes a very long time to populate the shortcuts at boot

Angelblue05

If one has Cinema Mode enabled, is it possible to add a 'play without cinema mode' option where the movie would play directly and skip the trailers?

In the add-on settings > playback > disable Emby cinema mode. This will disable Emby cinema mode for the Kodi profile. Otherwise you can just skip to the next video since it's a playlist.

Edited by Angelblue05

Hmmm, I think this is completely handled server side but maybe we can figure something out. I'll take a look later this week as I'm currently occupied with some bugs in the skin

Thanks.  I know one way I can get past it in clients that show the chapter breaks on the detail screen, is I can just select chapter 2 and the movie plays directly.  That is fine for 'testing' but obvioulsy not great when I want to watch the movie.

So I wonder if there is a way to start the movie a few seconds in (instead of an entire chapter) and maybe that would bypass trailers?

As an aside, is there any way to add the chapter breaks in kodi?  I don't think I've seen a skin that supports them.

In the add-on settings > playback > disable Emby cinema mode. This will disable Emby cinema mode for the Kodi profile. Otherwise you can just skip to the next video since it's a playlist.

I know it can be disabled, but I don't want to do that.  Sure you can just skip the trailers, but then that marks them as watched, and I don't necessarily want that either.

Angelblue05

Does it really mark them as watched? I would think skipping ahead still leaves the played percentage as 0 for the item and emby should consider them unwatched. Seems like odd behavior that it would consider them as watched regardless of the playback position at which it was stopped at.

Edited by Angelblue05

I am going to have to double check.  I have a lot of trailers that are marked as watched that I am certain I have not seen - I had assumed it was because of this.  Maybe something else is going on.

I know there are  resume setting user can configure.  Do you know if there is option that lets you set at what percentage to mark something as watched?

Angelblue05

Yes, it is on your emby server dashboard > Playback > general > Max resume percentage. By default, it should be set to 90.

Vidman

If they are streamed and therefore emby doesn't know the length then played percentage is not known so the item is marked as watched as soon as it's played

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Very true Vidman. If the server doesn't know the runtime, then it will indeed mark them as watched. Thank you! :)

Hm, I'm not sure what we can do, but I'll think of a solution @@foghat - Maybe a toggle option for the add-on settings? Something you can easily map to your keyboard or remote control?

Yes, it is on your emby server dashboard > Playback > general > Max resume percentage. By default, it should be set to 90.

Got it.  yes, i am at 90.

If they are streamed and therefore emby doesn't know the length then played percentage is not known so the item is marked as watched as soon as it's played

Mine would be streamed.  That might be what is going on. Though it seems to me the osd will show the length of the trailer.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Mine would be streamed.  That might be what is going on. Though it seems to me the osd will show the length of the trailer.

If you are referring to the Kodi video OSD, then you are correct. Kodi knows the length of the trailer because it actually loads the video. Emby probably has no way of probing for that information beforehand.

Very true Vidman. If the server doesn't know the runtime, then it will indeed mark them as watched. Thank you! :)

Hm, I'm not sure what we can do, but I'll think of a solution @@foghat - Maybe a toggle option for the add-on settings? Something you can easily map to your keyboard or remote control?

Maybe that would work.  though might be a little difficult to map with my setup (android tv and roomie remote) Ideally though it is not something one has to remember if it is toggled on or off. 

Like I noted above, starting playback from chapter 2 (in clients taht support this) will bypass the trailers.  So maybe there is something there that can be leveraged there? I wonder if starting movie a few seconds in (if this is even possible) would have the same effect?  And maybe that could be mapped (within the skin) to a second play button?

Any idea how this works in other kodi skins with cinema experience integration?

Edited by foghat

If you are referring to the Kodi video OSD, then you are correct. Kodi knows the length of the trailer because it actually loads the video. Emby probably has no way of probing for that information beforehand.

Got it.

Angelblue05

Well first thing I'll check, is if it's possible for the server to get the runtime information somehow. If it can, that would solve the issue at the source and you'd be able to skip trailers without marking them as watched automatically. If not, then we'll have to come up with a different solution. I tried merging trailers with the main content as one item so you could use chapters, but it was not a great solution because you could not use a separate player for the main content.

It is quite the dilemma. 

Edited by Angelblue05

Well first thing I'll check, is if it's possible for the server to get the runtime information somehow. If it can, that would solve the issue at the source and you'd be able to skip trailers without marking them as watched automatically. If not, then we'll have to come up with a different solution. I tried merging trailers with the main content as one item so you could use chapters, but it was not a great solution because you could not use a separate player for the main content.

It is quite the dilemma. 

Is it possible to tell the movie to start playing a few seconds in?  Based on my experience with starting the movie from chapter 2, that might get around the issue.

Whatever comes of this, I really appreciate you looking into it.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

@@foghat

Doesn't look like trailers will be able to get that runtime information server side. What about an add-on option, if you enable it, it prompts you before starting playback asking if you want to play trailers? Yes - plays trailers, No - skips trailers completely?

Edited by Angelblue05