VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

fredflix
39 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

If nobody watches a channel, nothing is running in the background.

That's great, I can then use the plugin on my remote server as well then. Thanks man!

roormonger

I didn't read back far enough to see if this has been suggested or not...

It would be cool to have the Channel 1, Channel 2, Channel 3, etc in the plugin settings to be replaced with the channel name once set and saved. Or even have it grayed out next to the Channel # text. 

Love the playlist based playback method by the way. Very nice work.

Edited by roormonger

AboveUnrefined
9 hours ago, roormonger said:

I didn't read back far enough to see if this has been suggested or not...

It would be cool to have the Channel 1, Channel 2, Channel 3, etc in the plugin settings to be replaced with the channel name once set and saved. Or even have it grayed out next to the Channel # text. 

Love the playlist based playback method by the way. Very nice work.

I think that's a good suggestion given how I've been working in this on/off to tweak things for my son and it's easy to lose track on what's going on. I'm just working on a few channels and I can imagine how it can be remembering what channel is what if you get a plethora going on. I wonder if the front end component to this could be abstracted so others could improve it since there is so many different ways to go about setting things up.

Edited by AboveUnrefined

djbigballer

I installed virtualtv plugin on my emby server and now my live tv guide does not update is it possible that the this plugin not compatible with emby 4.6.0.3

Edited by djbigballer

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before or not, but I couldn't find it with the search function.

I've got a channel set up to only play "Walt Disney Classics", but I've only got 23 titles in this category (each using a custom tag); I've got "Continuous Playback (Live)" set up for this channel, as well as sorting by "Random Movies" and that seems to work fine, but once the plugin has gone through these titles, the channel is blank until I force a guide refresh (which sets all of my other channels back to playing TV shows from the very first episode again).

Is there any way to have the plugin loop through titles, even if they've been played already? To keep it simpler, I'd even be fine with it to just loop the entire playlist that was generated on the last guide refresh (until some kind of algorithm was figured out to properly randomize it, while still keeping episodes ordered, etc.)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I'm fairly new to Emby and wanted to use this plugin having been a huge fan of PseudoTV on Kodi.

For channels showing TV Shows I set the order to 'Random Shows, Ordered Episodes' but the order seems to be completely random, ie: It has S01E01 of a show followed by S02E04 of the same show. Am I misinterpreting this setting or do I have an issue? Thanks!

Edited by rayw

pünktchen
22 minutes ago, rayw said:

Am I misinterpreting this setting or do I have an issue?

All have an issue, but the others haven't noticed it yet. Many of the sort options with tv shows are currently broken. I'll release an update the next days.

2 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

All have an issue, but the others haven't noticed it yet. Many of the sort options with tv shows are currently broken. I'll release an update the next days.

Thanks for the info, I'll await your update and then set my channels up properly.

Having moved from Kodi to Emby I was really missing PseudoTV, but your plugin here looks fantastic from what I have used of it. Very easy to set up and a lovely enhancement to my setup. Thanks for your work.

pünktchen

New version 0.9.1 in the starting post:

Export API:

• Fixed a rare exception that can occur with the m3u playlist export function

Channels:

• Fixed again some of the sort options in conjunction with tv shows
  • Make amount of guide data dependent of the DVR option "Number of days of guide data to download". @pmac
    Auto is the previous behaviour, otherwise the guide data building is repeated until the specified number of days is filled with program items

Playback:

• Fixed playback progress for playlist mode with "Set items watched at playback stop after percent" set to zero
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

crusher11

The OP talks about Single and Continuous playback, but the default is Playlist and there are "(Live)" and "(Archive)" versions of each of the former two. What's the story there?

crusher11

Also it seems as though when I try to watch something, it starts with 59 seconds of blank video, which fails to buffer properly at the 40-second mark and then pauses.

pünktchen
2 hours ago, crusher11 said:

The OP talks about Single and Continuous playback, but the default is Playlist and there are "(Live)" and "(Archive)" versions of each of the former two. What's the story there

Live as the name suggests plays it live and Archive from the start. Playlist is explained here: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/80828-virtualtv-plugin/&do=findComment&comment=934153

1 hour ago, crusher11 said:

Also it seems as though when I try to watch something, it starts with 59 seconds of blank video, which fails to buffer properly at the 40-second mark and then pauses.

What Emby Client? Roku still has problems @speechles

6 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

What Emby Client? Roku still has problems @speechles

I was waiting for firmware 9.4.x to drop before digging into this deeply. Now that Roku is on Holiday break until January 5th there is time and they dropped the new firmware on all my devices. Once I get out what needs to go out today I can dig into why the plugin is having issues. It has to do with the initial setup of the stream however the plugin does that. That will fail. But then moments later it does spawn a working title. It is just the wrong title entirely. So it does work. It just doesn't work as designed. Part of it does produce a working video stream that plays flawlessly on the Roku. But like I said, it is the wrong title. Not even scheduled. But the fact working video does produce with the plugin means it can work. But something in the clockworks is being a PITA. Once we find the PITA we can start to digest how to get around it and make it seamless. So users do not have to do anything. Just press play. Everything automatic. That is the intent.

Edited by speechles

pünktchen
54 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

Playlist, Chrome. 

Chrome should be instant. No buffering or the like. Do you by chance have multiple Emby sessions open in the same browser? Does the video that sits behind the program play normaly from your library, especially with a resume point?

crusher11

It seems to be the multiple-Emby-tabs thing; the show I was trying to watch was opening in a background tab.

Other issues though:

1. I'm trying to create a Comedy channel, but it keeps putting Psych in there. I changed the genre filter to "Comedy && !Drama && !Reality" but it doesn't seem to work.
2. On the Fire app, selecting a channel plays a completely different file, from the start, instead of picking up at the correct point at the file listed in the TV guide.
3. I get a 'too many streams' error if the user is limited to one stream. I have to raise it to two to get it to work.

Psyborg

2. On the Fire app, selecting a channel plays a completely different file, from the start, instead of picking up at the correct point at the file listed in the TV guide.

For a working playlist mode you'll have to wait for the next official release of the Fire TV app, which is already in preparation. 

• Thanks 1

Psyborg

1. I'm trying to create a Comedy channel, but it keeps putting Psych in there. I changed the genre filter to "Comedy && !Drama && !Reality" but it doesn't seem to work.

Try ...

Comedy && !(Drama||Reality)