VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

binarygeek119

would it be possible for you to add support for jellyfin?

also they probably be able to help you make some changes to jellyfin to make it work even better so your not so limited like here at emby.

rockcreektv

On 12/15/2020 at 5:48 PM, pünktchen said:

Just click the middle of the Refresh Guide task in the Scheduled Tasks list. It's a button to set a custom interval.

What is your problem with the order? Maybe make some screenshots.

Not that i know. Do you have an issue? Do you even need the "Export"? It's not needed to use in Emby apps.

I only asked because I swore I saw some other screenshots where there was a task dedicated to the VTV guide. Recently moved Emby from a dedicated PC to a NAS, seems to be a few permission issues I've had to whack-a-mole. I just didn't know if or how much that would have played into it. Not a big deal.

Do I need to export? Not at all. I just noticed it was checked by default and channels often didn't appear until I unchecked it. Another not-big-deal. 

Here is a screenshot of the guide, and of the channel settings for each. One from a mixed content channel, one TV channel pulling from one library, one TV channel pulling from two libraries. Thanks for the reply.1600233868_channelsettings.thumb.jpg.4f5f80d1f018eaaedb8cb03d79ea6ac7.jpg

guide screenshot.jpg

pünktchen
10 minutes ago, rockcreektv said:

... but I can re-download and throw up a fresh version of it to be sure.

Not needed. I'll try to reproduce your problem with sorting. Currently i don't have any channel with ordered episodes, so maybe i've missed something.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
pünktchen

@crusher11 to keep the other thread clean from irrelevant postings, i'm replaying here.

10 hours ago, crusher11 said:

Not sure what you mean by that.

I only use it in Playlist mode, on my LG TV, and the playlist user and user actually doing the viewing are one and the same.

I mean in Playlist mode if you leave the playback in the middle of show, Emby will of course create a resume point for that video and it will show up in Continue Watching.
But right after that the plugin will clear that resume point from the movie or episode and it should be removed from the Continue Watching list.

For some reason I'm unable to refresh the guide all of a sudden. It's just stuck at 0.0%

I've tried restarting the server a few times, as well as rebooting the PC; it still won't let me refresh the guide. The only reason I noticed is because I added some new media that I wanted added to the guide, so I tried refreshing it, but it got stuck.

pünktchen
12 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

Well that's definitely not happening. 

Only on the LG or also on the regular web app?

pünktchen
11 minutes ago, pmac said:

For some reason I'm unable to refresh the guide all of a sudden. It's just stuck at 0.0%

I've tried restarting the server a few times, as well as rebooting the PC; it still won't let me refresh the guide. The only reason I noticed is because I added some new media that I wanted added to the guide, so I tried refreshing it, but it got stuck.

Debug log?

pünktchen I didn't see anything in there that looked like an error or anything, but have a look. I enabled debug logging, shut down the server, deleted my old logs and then restarted the server. After it loaded up I attempted to refresh the guide data and then opened Emby Theater to check to see if it worked; it did not.

EDIT: In the past it's only taken about 30 seconds to complete the refresh.

embyserver.txt

Edited by pmac

Also, for one channel I'd like to exclude titles that contain either of these two tags: "xmas" and "exclude".

Is this the correct syntax for inputting that into the tags field?:

Tags:

!xmas!exclude

or should it be:

!xmas||exclude

virtualtv.jpg

Edited by pmac

pünktchen
1 hour ago, pmac said:

pünktchen I didn't see anything in there that looked like an error or anything, but have a look. I enabled debug logging, shut down the server, deleted my old logs and then restarted the server. After it loaded up I attempted to refresh the guide data and then opened Emby Theater to check to see if it worked; it did not.

It's stuck at the "Kids" channel. The reason is your "Tags" condition which cannot be evaluated.

1 hour ago, pmac said:

Also, for one channel I'd like to exclude titles that contain either of these two tags: "xmas" and "exclude".

It has to be:

!xmas || !exclude

Or for better human reading:

!(xmas || exclude)

Spaces don't matter.

pünktchen
34 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

Web app seems okay.

If a video on the LG shows up as in-progress in Continue Watching, does it also show up in the web app under the same user?
If yes, then it's a timing problem and can be solved. If no, then it's a refresh problem of the LG app.

pünktchen

@crusher11 please test this version:  VirtualTV.0.9.1.6.zip

Play a show from the guide on your LG. Stop the movie or or episode on your LG at half time. Wait at least 10 seconds and then go to the home screen.
Is the in-progress video still there? Compare it to the web app.

7 hours ago, STR8 said:

Was just wondering if there was a work around or a fix to alloe the plugin to work with the roku yet

Interesting. It appears some Roku models are tolerant when the item contains just a video stream with no audio stream. It appears others are no so tolerant.

@pünktchen Is the stream the plugin sends at first just a video stream without any audio stream even silence? I believe I found the problem.

pünktchen
3 hours ago, speechles said:

Is the stream the plugin sends at first just a video stream without any audio stream even silence? I believe I found the problem.

Yes, the black playlist mode intro video had no audio stream. That's corrected now.
@speechles @STR8 @AboveUnrefined Please try this version: VirtualTV.0.9.1.7.zip

@crusher11 Please also download this version, enable Debug Logging in the plugin and send me your embyserver log file after the usual playback test.

@pünktchen I installed the new version and still not working on my Roku devices (you can see the retrieving bar at the bottom of the screen try to load but it won't) but the server and my shield tv devices work just fine.

On Roku some channels when I try to play them display a Red pop up error box that says - Playback error there was an error with the HTTP response. this could mean that malformed HTTP headers or an HTTP error code was returned.

Thanks again for taking the time to look into this and I hope this info helps.