VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

vdatanet

Yesterday, I did a reset to factory defaults to my Shield 2019 Pro, now playlist mode is working. Strange, but it's working.

emby_fan

Hi pünktchen,

many thanks for this new beautiful Tool. 👍 

By playing around I‘ve created some ideas for neu TV channels - some of them would require some add filter criterias, e.g.

CommunityRating / Rotten Tomato Rating

video Resolution 

audio format 

do you think that something like this might be possible in the future?

all the best,

emby_fan

Emby Tower

Hi pünktchen,

thanks for this awesome plugin!

I try to create channels for merging series who are part of a common universe so I can see crossover episodes in the correct order. So I choose the sort order "Premiere Date ascending", but the episodes are still randomly sorted.

So how can I get a sort order by release date of the single episodes?

In German:

Ich danke dir sehr für das wunderbare Plugin!

Aktuell versuche ich mich daran, Serienuniversen mit VirtualTV zu erstellen, damit ich die Episoden in der Reihenfolge ihrer US-Erstausstrahlung sortiert ansehen kann. So kann ich dann auch endlich Crossover-Episoden in der richtigen Reihenfolge ansehen.

Leider klappt es aber nicht mit der Sortierung, alles ist weiterhin durcheinander. Als Sortierung habe ich "nach Ausstrahlungsdatum, aufsteigend" gewählt, damit sollte das doch eigentlich klappen, oder?!

Testobjekt ist das aktuelle Serienuniversum der DC-Comichelden (Arrow, Supergirl, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow), da habe ich jeder Serie das Tag "Barrowverse" verpasst und dem Channel auch genau das als Bedingung genannt. Die Serien an sich sind auch alle da, nur sind eben alle Episoden durcheinander.

Vielen Dank im Voraus!

pünktchen

@emby_fan

On 10/10/2020 at 2:32 AM, pünktchen said:

Currently i won't code new options that are channel specific. I really need to change the gui for creating unlimited channels first.

@Emby Tower Maybe a bug. I'll take a look.

• Like 1

Psyborg
On 10/9/2020 at 10:30 PM, Psyborg said:

After a first test the new Playlist mode is working flawlessly on my Fire TV app 1.8.29a.

I must admit that the other evening I looked through rose-colored glasses with my tired eyes. ^_^ 

With the mentioned current version of the Fire TV app it seems to work at first, but actually all started streams do not match the entries of the EPG. So I guess that this will be fixed with the next release of the Fire TV app.

pünktchen
10 minutes ago, Psyborg said:

So I guess that this will be fixed with the next release of the Fire TV app.

Correct. You need 1.8.39 or above.

fredflix

After reading the whole 30 pages of this thread, I still didn't find an answer to my problem.
The logs were not showing any errors but the channels wouldn't show up on the main screen.
Took me a couple hours to get this working and I figured it out, the finding of the decade...

"Allow Live TV access" has to be checked under
Admin > Server > Users > YOUR_USER > Feature Access

I feel like a complete idiot lol, hopefully it helps someone.

This plugin is great and been waiting for it for so long, thanks pünktchen !

Edited by fredflix

vdatanet
22 hours ago, vdatanet said:

Yesterday, I did a reset to factory defaults to my Shield 2019 Pro, now playlist mode is working. Strange, but it's working.

Again getting a black screen while playing in playlist mode using Shield 2019 Pro, at this point, the only way to make it work again is reset to factory defaults. Uninstalling and installing Emby app again, does not fix the problem. Very strange.

pünktchen
1 hour ago, vdatanet said:

Again getting a black screen while playing in playlist mode using Shield 2019 Pro, at this point, the only way to make it work again is reset to factory defaults. Uninstalling and installing Emby app again, does not fix the problem. Very strange.

That is indeed very strange and resetting is no real solution of course. What happens if you let it play a minute, does it go back to the guide or starts the real video?

@ebr did you had the chance to look at the log? Playback should start with a live tv channel (mp4 with h264 video and no audio) and then i'm sending a remote command to start the video playlist. I guess this remote command never arrives in the app.

On 10/10/2020 at 3:56 PM, vdatanet said:

Hi @ebr I've sended in-app logs at 15:53, server: embysrv, user: joan

Using Nvidia Shield 2019 I get a black screen, but using Nvidia Shield 2017 it works

Emby Tower
10 hours ago, pünktchen said:

@Emby Tower Sort by PremiereDate is working fine here, so make sure all your single episodes really have a release date and not only a release year.

I've installed the TimeMovies Plugins and the tasks runs every 15 minutes. I just checked it and all episodes have the correct release date.

I don't know what's wrong (see screenshots)!

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

6.PNG

7.PNG

8.PNG

Edited by Emby Tower

vdatanet
39 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

What happens if you let it play a minute, does it go back to the guide or starts the real video?

Timeline is correct. It looks like the item is playing, but the screen is black.

https://streamable.com/gfxscb

pünktchen
18 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

Timeline is correct. It looks like the item is playing, but the screen is black.

https://streamable.com/gfxscb

Don't switch the channel! Let it play 60 seconds, because that's the length of the black video that you see.

hstamas

@pünktchen will the ability to bring up the guide either full or even the little thumbnail row you can get by pressing down every be possible using Playlist mode? I think you said something that core Emby needs to change in order for this to work with the plugin?

Its very unintuitive to have to exit completely out of the currently playing time to change to a different channel.

pünktchen
2 minutes ago, hstamas said:

will the ability to bring up the guide either full or even the little thumbnail row you can get by pressing down every be possible using Playlist mode?

Please read the release notes again 🤔

Emby Tower
31 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Thanks a lot, way much better now!

There is still a problem, but I don't know if your plugin can solve this: My test channel, the Arrowverse, have some crossover episodes (like "Crisis on Earth-X), and the release dates are the same. And they aren't sorted correctly.

Is it possible that the plugin detects episodes with the same title and sort them via their numbers?

Thanks a lot!

Edited by Emby Tower

vdatanet
2 hours ago, pünktchen said:

What happens if you let it play a minute, does it go back to the guide or starts the real video?

Yes, after one minute, it goes back to the guide.

Spaceboy
On 10/10/2020 at 23:56, pünktchen said:

The new "Playlist" mode?

yes. no issues playing the first show in the guide and transitioning to the next

• Thanks 1

pünktchen
1 hour ago, Emby Tower said:

New feature request: Is it possible to run the episodes without transcoding, always as original?

"Playlist" playback mode.

• Like 1

Emby Tower

Another feature request: Show missing episodes, if activated in Emby!

Additionally show a warning if the next episode is a missed!