VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

pünktchen
6 hours ago, crusher11 said:

Metadata is fine. 

Screenshot_20201119-123305.png

Please take look at the genre of a specific episode in the guide and the metadata of that same episode in your library.

crusher11

So it's looking at the tags on an episode basis, not a show basis?

Is it possible to exclude Specials from airing on a channel?

pünktchen
11 hours ago, crusher11 said:

So it's looking at the tags on an episode basis, not a show basis?

For "Tags" series, seasons and episodes are evaluated, for "Genre" it is series and episodes.

11 hours ago, crusher11 said:

Is it possible to exclude Specials from airing on a channel?

Only with the help of tags.

Methodman104

I installed the plug-in, added a directory to get the files, gave it the api key...but how can I get this to work exactly? I dont see it in my Emby Server, I checked under Live TV and it is not there either, so this is not actually launching or doing anything so far. What am I doing wrong? Or what do I need to do?

I've updated to the latest version, cleared my browsers cache and restarted the server and set the DVR setting to download 14 days of guide data, but my channels are still blank after they run out of titles to play, rather than repeating the content to fill the 14 day guide. Is there another setting somewhere that I need to change in order to have the guide fill all channels for 14 days?

pünktchen

Please restart Emby once again. The DVR guide days are somehow cached by Emby and take only affect after a restart.

• 2 weeks later...
fredflix

@pünktchen
Is possible to have an option to skip the details page when tapping on a channel from the home screen?
Say a live channel is playing Titanic, on the home page, when tapping on it, it takes you the detail page of the movie, and from the detail page you gotta tap the play button.
Would be nice to just play the movie directly.
Or is it an option that would need to be implemented on Emby's side as opposed to the pluglin's side?

Edited by fredflix

pünktchen

It has to be an Emby server or app option. The plugin only provides the channel data and streams. Moreover no plugin cannot alter the UI behaviour of Emby. If you use a Emby app on a device with a remote, you can just hit the play button for any selected item to skip the details page.

fredflix
10 hours ago, pünktchen said:

It has to be an Emby server or app option. The plugin only provides the channel data and streams. Moreover no plugin cannot alter the UI behaviour of Emby. If you use a Emby app on a device with a remote, you can just hit the play button for any selected item to skip the details page.

Thanks for the clarification.

I know on the web app or Emby Theater, you can just hover the poster with the mouse and the play button appears in the middle of the poster and clicking it bypasses the details page.
But on the android app or android TV app, even iOS, when your selection is on a poster, clicking/tapping it takes you to the details page.
I have a shield remote, and the remote doesn't have a play button on it, if that's what you meant.

EDIT: On iOS, you can actually long-press a poster and a "Play" option becomes available, but on Android there's no long-press function.

Edited by fredflix

fredflix
20 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

With the old Shield remote play is double tap on the volume touch slider.

Damn, had that shield for so long, never knew that lol
Thanks bud!

enrique8316868

Just dropping a note to say i love it. This is the coolest plugin in the catalog and Emby should buy it from you. I have sold at least 2 people on Emby because of it. I only know like 4 people. So that's like 50% of the people I know...if my mathematicals are correct.

Feature request:

Add Ratings (parental/community/critic)

Cheers!

PuffyToesToo

Sometimes I get a runaway channel that fails to stop playing even when turning the TV off. I'm just finally remembering to post about it. I don't know if this is the plugin itself, or rather Roku, but I make mention of it because it does not seem to happen through any other plugin or anything.  I've gone to my dashboard to find it has been transcoding for over a day sometimes, and the only way to end it is to shut down Emby and restart. Just an FYI for @speechles and @pünktchen, thanks! 

rockcreektv

This plugin/feature is absolutely something I had wanted since I first started ripping my libraries, and I'm getting it close to where I want it. I've been trying to sort through all 33 pages for any issues I'd been having, so apologies if I've missed an obvious reply.

Been having some lingering questions:
1. Is there supposed to be a separate scheduled task to update VirtualTV's guide out-of-the-box? I thought I saw a couple of screenshots with that in the Scheduled Tasks list, but I don't have this, and after a couple of days I have to manually click the "refresh guide" task. (The horror!)

2. Is there a way I could better tag my content so that Mixed Content channels so that the "ordered episodes" are ordered? Would tagging individual episodes rather than series yield better results?

3. Is there a specific issue with "Allow Export" causing problems with Mixed Content channels?

Great work with this. I have a friend that is a longtime, lifetime Plex Pass member and screenshots of this specific feature has raised his eyebrows.

Edited by rockcreektv

pünktchen
On 12/12/2020 at 2:21 PM, PuffyToesToo said:

Sometimes I get a runaway channel that fails to stop playing even when turning the TV off. I'm just finally remembering to post about it. I don't know if this is the plugin itself, or rather Roku, but I make mention of it because it does not seem to happen through any other plugin or anything.  I've gone to my dashboard to find it has been transcoding for over a day sometimes, and the only way to end it is to shut down Emby and restart. Just an FYI for @speechles and @pünktchen, thanks! 

This an Emby core problem. You always have to leave live tv with the return button. Never go straight to the Roku homescreen or use the Netflix button to leave the Emby app!

• Like 1

pünktchen
On 12/13/2020 at 6:49 PM, rockcreektv said:

1. Is there supposed to be a separate scheduled task to update VirtualTV's guide out-of-the-box? I thought I saw a couple of screenshots with that in the Scheduled Tasks list, but I don't have this, and after a couple of days I have to manually click the "refresh guide" task. (The horror!)

Just click the middle of the Refresh Guide task in the Scheduled Tasks list. It's a button to set a custom interval.

2. Is there a way I could better tag my content so that Mixed Content channels so that the "ordered episodes" are ordered? Would tagging individual episodes rather than series yield better results?

What is your problem with the order? Maybe make some screenshots.

3. Is there a specific issue with "Allow Export" causing problems with Mixed Content channels?

Not that i know. Do you have an issue? Do you even need the "Export"? It's not needed to use in Emby apps.

• Like 1

jblaze12
On 11/27/2020 at 1:45 PM, Methodman104 said:

I installed the plug-in, added a directory to get the files, gave it the api key...but how can I get this to work exactly? I dont see it in my Emby Server, I checked under Live TV and it is not there either, so this is not actually launching or doing anything so far. What am I doing wrong? Or what do I need to do?

I'd also like an answer to this. Maybe I'm missing something very simple. I have everything that needs to be enabled, plugin is there and running but no guide, no channels. Do I have to have TV Sources or TV Guide Data Providers set? I don't have any tv or previous tv stuff on emby, just this plugin. Halp!

EdIT- Ok...I feel foolish but have my answer. In my user account I had "allow live tv access" disabled. Enabled and I'm up and running!!

Edited by jblaze12

pünktchen
3 minutes ago, jblaze12 said:

I'd also like an answer to this. Maybe I'm missing something very simple

I have not answered to this, because the solution should be so simple that i've hoped you find it out yourself: You have to "Refresh the Guide" either under Live TV or Scheduled Tasks. If this doesn't work for you then of course i need more info and especially a log file.

jblaze12

Sorry about that, it must be frustrating dealing with such low level questions. It's an incredible plugin, exactly what I was wanting for years!