VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

lunadmin

Really Nice Plugin, but one thing doesn't work for me.
When i open it in VLC, mostly it starts all channels but stops after 10 seconds, also when im open one channel alone, with all links tried

http://xx:8096/emby/VirtualTV/Stream.ts?ChannelId=1485372&User=viewer
http://xx:8096/emby/VirtualTV/Stream.mp4?ChannelId=1485372&User=viewer
http://xx:8096/emby/VirtualTV/Stream.mkv?ChannelId=1485372&User=viewer

In the log, i can see he is closing but no hint why. no error, It just closes.

I tried with the actual version, no difference.

thx

jblaze12

Really nice addition of the option to limit how many episodes can be back-to-back. I was going to request more randomness and this is perfect!

pünktchen
19 hours ago, lunadmin said:

Really Nice Plugin, but one thing doesn't work for me.
When i open it in VLC, mostly it starts all channels but stops after 10 seconds...

You have tried it on the same machine where the Emby server is running, correct? I'll fix that with the next update.

warrentc3

In the most recent update, it appears there's new limitations on channel numbering.

Previously, I was able to number the channels 1.1 - 1.30.  Now I'm only allowed to use one decimal place.

This introduces new issues for those of us who also have HD Homerun's with OTA and have a channel number starting with 2.

Please advise.  

pünktchen

I'm sorry, i would not have thought anybody needs two decimal numbers. I just wanted to change the input from string to number... Will change it with an update, but probably not before the next weekend. I don't want to create a new version for every single issue and give other users some time to find bugs.

warrentc3
17 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

I'm sorry, i would not have thought anybody needs two decimal numbers. I just wanted to change the input from string to number... Will change it with an update, but probably not before the next weekend. I don't want to create a new version for every single issue and give other users some time to find bugs.

No worries.  Thank you!  will keep testing stuff out.  Does it not handle a two decimal place numeric as a constraint rather than being a string? I guess that would force 1.1 to be 1.01.

I like that i can see the channel logos in the plugin page now!

Also, curious if it’s possible to do playlist mode against the library access user.  I do enjoy the ability to adjust audio track / subtitles that come with playlist mode, but would prefer to not always play against the device logged in  user for “continue watching” etc.   Apologies if the answer is somewhere in this thread and i’ve missed it. 

pünktchen
4 minutes ago, warrentc3 said:

Also, curious if it’s possible to do playlist mode against the library access user.  I do enjoy the ability to adjust audio track / subtitles that come with playlist mode, but would prefer to not always play against the device logged in  user for “continue watching” etc.

No, that isn't possible. But with the upcoming beta server i'll provide an option to remove shows from Nextup/Continue Watching.

• Like 2

Spaceboy
8 hours ago, pünktchen said:

No, that isn't possible. But with the upcoming beta server i'll provide an option to remove shows from Nextup/Continue Watching.

this will be very welcome

hstamas

Has there been any movement for the ability to display the guide when using playlist mode? I know its not up to you @pünktchen, just curious if youve heard anything. It really keeps me from using the plugin as my daily driver.

Thanks for all your hard work!

pünktchen
1 hour ago, hstamas said:

Has there been any movement for the ability to display the guide when using playlist mode? I know its not up to you @pünktchen, just curious if youve heard anything. It really keeps me from using the plugin as my daily driver.

Thanks for all your hard work!

It's your turn. You have to bug ebr every day so he either implements it or blocks you from the forum 😉

hstamas
1 hour ago, pünktchen said:

It's your turn. You have to bug ebr every day so he either implements it or blocks you from the forum 😉

you got it!

lunadmin
On 1/17/2021 at 7:18 PM, pünktchen said:

You have tried it on the same machine where the Emby server is running, correct? I'll fix that with the next update.

Great news,

but no its from different pcs not the same.

On the emby server Webfront itself it is working with this small issue  - but mostly its running fine when it is started
( have on the othe Live TV Streams this few seconds 5-15 stop after start too, don't know if that is a limitation from Live TV emby ) when opening the stream and it starts, it hangs then again for a few seconds and go furhter.  (Same on WebEmby and EmbyTheather)

If i start the stream at first, it takes sometimes really long, there is no hint if it is hanging or starting, so it can take up 1-2 minutes to start, or i have to reconect again.

But when i try outside from different PCs, with VLC then i got this issue, that it stops the connection after arround 15 seconds. So its just a limitation when not connecting from emby.
When the stream was not started before, then i can take a lot of time and disconnect before connecting. I have to try more often to get a connection and starting stream.

thx

pünktchen

@lunadmin i have a hard time to follow you. Are your "different" pc's in the same local network? Do you have other Emby apps (Theater or web) open at the same time on those "different" pc's when you are testing with vlc? If so, please don't do this! Would you send me the Emby log?

lunadmin

Just to say it simpler, the emby server is running on one pc, and with pc2 or pc3 i have on the same network this issue. I was testing with EmbyWeb, EmbyTheathre and VLC.
I just have tried it with one connection per Test.

Well its interesting because now it was fast accessible first, from the most channel except one where no stream was running and it has created it first - don't know why - every channel hast the same config. So sometimes it is running fast, sometimes not - not using much RAM or CPU at this time, it just take long.
Here are my logs.

EmbyWeb Test
First Connect - No Streams available
Second Connect - after 1 minute - fast but 2 times 2-3 seconds stop - normally it runs then for hours without issues.

VLC Connect - with VLC Cloeses after 15 Seconds
2021-01-20 13:58:06.392 Debug VirtualTV Plugin: ApiService > Detected possible client disconnect through tcp connections

thx

First Connect - No Streams available.txt Second Connect.txt VLCCOnnect.txt

yaksplat

This is amazing!  Great job!

I created a few channels and the only thing that I could see it needing off the bat is an Exclude function, similar to the other filters.  So if i want to create a show of 80's sitcoms, but exclude Pee Wee's playhouse, i could just add an exclude of "Pee"

EDIT: Never mind. I just figured out all of the tagging and logic to go with that.  I was able to create my media holy grail with this.  Three channels, all running saturday morning cartoons, separated by Studio.  

Edited by yaksplat

is there an ad-on or can this be updated so you can pick the exact time of a tv show to play at? so set tv show abz monday night at 8pm. play xyz monday at 830 and so on?

• 2 weeks later...
yaksplat

I'm running the latest beta of emby, 4.6.0.22 and Virtual Tv 0.9.4.0

I just upgraded emby and I'm receiving an error now when I refresh the guide.

2021-01-31 19:15:18.411 Error LiveTvManager: Error getting programs for channel Disney cartoons
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.0.22
	Command line: C:\Emby\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.17763
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.11
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Emby/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 24
	Data path: C:\Emby\programdata
	Application path: C:\Emby\system
	System.MissingMethodException: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2<System.String,System.String> MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.get_ProviderIds()'.
	   at VirtualTV.Services.TVService.GetPrograms(CancellationToken cancellationToken, String channelId, DateTimeOffset startDateUtc, DateTimeOffset endDateUtc)
	   at VirtualTV.VirtualLiveTvService.GetProgramsAsync(String channelId, DateTimeOffset startDateUtc, DateTimeOffset endDateUtc, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.LiveTV.LiveTvManager.RefreshChannelsInternal(ILiveTvService service, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: VirtualTV
	TargetSite: System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[MediaBrowser.Controller.LiveTv.ProgramInfo] GetPrograms(System.Threading.CancellationToken, System.String, System.DateTimeOffset, System.DateTimeOffset)

Looks like this is the issue:

Where has get_provider ids gone, in the 4.6.0.20 ? Why remove it? - Developer API - Emby Community

Edited by yaksplat

pünktchen

New version 0.9.5 in the starting post:

General:

• Two versions, one for Emby stable, one for Emby beta

Export API:

• Made "User" parameter mandatory
  • Added new parameter "StopMode" for client disconnect recognition

Channels:

• Advanced channel number to two decimal places
  • Added new rule that allows to exclude movies or tv shows by name
  • Splittet "Watched" state filter to seperate selections for movies and tv shows
  • Added button to sort channels by their number

Playback:

• Moved "AutoMarkWatched" function to channel specific selection, seperated for movies and tv shows
  • Added global option to hide shows from "Continue Watching" (only in beta server, needs testing)
  • Like 4

yaksplat

That fixed it for me.  Thanks!

I did have to change a flag on a single channel and save to force a config file update though.  Then the channel scan worked.

Perhaps have a version in the config and force a config file rewrite if there is a version mismatch.

pünktchen
1 hour ago, mxmh said:

i can´t choose the Include Library Folders...

I choose the User but in the field of  Library Folders there not to choose

First time install or plugin update? If update, from what previous version?

pünktchen
3 hours ago, mxmh said:

update but i deleted the config.xml

Did you also clear the browser cache? Otherwise send me the emby log.

WilhelmStroker

I don't think this will be possible but you never know....I often put on a playlist of stuff on while doing other things and this plugin is perfect as a replacement for that. However, I don't need those plays to be scrobbled to Trakt as it's shows and episodes I've already seen. Is that possible to add as an option? 

pünktchen

If you set the option "... watched after percent" to zero, no playback state is stored in Emby. Does it not work for you?