VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

pünktchen
1 hour ago, anthonylavado said:

I know this is off topic but, I'll have you know we fully respect software licenses. If you had the code up, but had a license that  didn't allow anyone to freely use the code, we wouldn't.

That's much appreciated and i even believe you as a Jellyfin team member, because i've seen your comment about my DVBViewer plugin. But you know, every flock has a black sheep. I'm sure you have talented people to make something similar or even better without the need for my code.

AboveUnrefined

For now I switched to one of the other methods that's not playlist since I can't get this to work on Roku. At least in the `Continuous Playback` modes I can get some playtime on the channels...

I've attached something I've noticed going on for a while with the plugin. I primarily use this more in the morning where this hasn't been a problem, but I've noticed that for whatever reason, certain content will make it so it's just filling up the rest of the EPG time. Content that would be, say, 20 minutes winds up taking up the rest of the time for the day. In the instance I'm showing with the EPG, you can see 2 channels wound up having this condition.

It's a bit difficult to explain, hopefully you can see what I mean in the attached image - I put arrows to show when new shows show up in the EPG for the 2 channels where things work fine. You'll see how there's a couple channels where content that's not indefinitely long wind up taking all the EPG time up.

image.thumb.png.772c2da78fa195b2dcf610d13d726641.png

Edited by AboveUnrefined
bad image

pünktchen
7 hours ago, AboveUnrefined said:

For now I switched to one of the other methods that's not playlist since I can't get this to work on Roku. At least in the `Continuous Playback` modes I can get some playtime on the channels...

@speechles how are you going with the Roku development?

7 hours ago, AboveUnrefined said:

I've attached something I've noticed going on for a while with the plugin. I primarily use this more in the morning where this hasn't been a problem, but I've noticed that for whatever reason, certain content will make it so it's just filling up the rest of the EPG time.

Are there any other programs after the "long" one or is it always the last show?

AboveUnrefined

It winds up being the very last item in the epg until the next day. Everything looks ok in the mornings until it hits certain content that makes it so this happens. So far I've been seeing the same stuff making it happen and they seem to be content where I only have an episode or two of.

Edited by AboveUnrefined

21 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

@speechles how are you going with the Roku development?

I was busy on other aspects of the Roku app to try to squeeze some better performance out of the app. I do plan on spend time on this today again and see where the failures occur. It seems to work only on "Continuous Playback". When using "Playlist" the initial item will fail. Then about 20 seconds later it recovers and plays but it is the wrong item ID that plays.

AboveUnrefined
42 minutes ago, speechles said:

I was busy on other aspects of the Roku app to try to squeeze some better performance out of the app. I do plan on spend time on this today again and see where the failures occur. It seems to work only on "Continuous Playback". When using "Playlist" the initial item will fail. Then about 20 seconds later it recovers and plays but it is the wrong item ID that plays.

When using continuous playback it does work but then gets stuck on the loading screen at the end of episodes. It'll happen 90%+ of the time, but then there are occasions where I'll get a good few hours of playback with several episodes... Most of the time though I'll get stuck on loading screens at the end of episodes

• Like 1

Just now, AboveUnrefined said:

When using continuous playback it does work but then gets stuck on the loading screen at the end of episodes. It'll happen 90%+ of the time, but then there are occasions where I'll get a good few hours of playback with several episodes... Most of the time though I'll get stuck on loading screens at the end of episodes

Yep. Same issue here. But that mode does start playback. Using "Playlist" will not start playback it will fail. But wait.. it will start up again and play the wrong item id entirely. So something is off on playlist when the app intercepts or something.. I can dig deeper into this today.

• Like 2

pünktchen
3 hours ago, AboveUnrefined said:

It winds up being the very last item in the epg until the next day.

Same for me. It's propably just the way the guide cells are defined in the gui, only by the program's start time.

PuffyToesToo
6 hours ago, AboveUnrefined said:

Just chiming in to say this happens with my Roku as well. Also, the guide issue.

• Like 1

I have set up single play back and I'm getting a playback error saying there was a problem with the http response and this happens within my network and remotely but only on the roku... nvidia shield works just fine.

But great work and thanks

emby_fan

Hi pünktchen,

on my setup some configurations works other's not. I didn't find out why the other's didn't work. Maybe you can give me some advice.

Disney Channel works, the other two doesn't

embyserver log shows some errors which I couldn't interpret

Any help wellcome.

However thanks for your great work,

Emby_fan

Edited by emby_fan

pünktchen
Just now, emby_fan said:

Channel 2 for example breaks with log file attached. Channel 1 instead works 

WHAT does not work? No guide data, no playback, no sugar in your coffee?

• Haha 3

emby_fan

Ok, I got it. 

Task Export VirtuelTV didn‘t execut successfully. It breaks with an error message when activate channel 1 and 2. It export sucessfully in case only channel 1 was activated. Sorry for confusion, hope its more clear now

Emby_fan

I was wondering if the plugin recognizes 4K content only seems to pull up 1080p and i don't see a 4K icon for thd guide onlt HD!

Also regarding my roku playback error HTTP no response posted above any help would be greatly appreciated.

pünktchen
9 minutes ago, STR8 said:

I was wondering if the plugin recognizes 4K content only seems to pull up 1080p and i don't see a 4K icon for thd guide onlt HD!

I don't distinguish between resolutions for the guide data, i'll take whatever i get from the library. Does regular tv provide a 4K icon in the guide?
When it comes to playback it get's more complicated, especially with multi version movies. Then it depends on the playback mode and settings in the plugin and which version was played last time by the user.

17 minutes ago, STR8 said:

Also regarding my roku playback error HTTP no response posted above any help would be greatly appreciated.

There's no solution yet for Roku. Just read the last few pages.

pünktchen
3 hours ago, emby_fan said:

When I enable channel 2 the channel export doesn‘t work anymore ?

Then i need again a log, but this time with the channels enabled and also with logging enabled in the plugin.

fredflix

So is the content actually running even if nobody actually watches? Or do you use some sort of timer to mimic the length of the content to avoid un-neccassary disk use?