VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

@pünktchen I got the new plugin and will give a go and let you know what I find. Thanks.

AboveUnrefined

I just gave  0.9.1.7 a try in playlist mode - still no good on my roku tv

What's weird is I'll try to play a channel and it'll fail out with a brief bad http request message appearing, then it'll just go ahead and play something completely random from the channel.
When I try it with the beta client, it seems like the client crashes out entirely, then it'll restart and THEN go ahead an play something random so it's even weirder behavior.

pünktchen
12 minutes ago, AboveUnrefined said:

bad http request message appearing, then it'll just go ahead and play something completely random from the channel.

@STR8 does it also happen to you? It plays some random content from that channel after the http error message?

It won't play anything for me on my Roku devices... HTTP error pops up goes away and nothing not even a random play of content.

Dibbes
4 hours ago, pünktchen said:

Yes, the black playlist mode intro video had no audio stream. That's corrected now.
@speechles @STR8 @AboveUnrefined Please try this version: VirtualTV.0.9.1.7.zip

@crusher11 Please also download this version, enable Debug Logging in the plugin and send me your embyserver log file after the usual playback test.

I'm a little behind on updates (0.9.0.0 running at the moment). To upgrade to this one, do I need to clear everything and start over?

pünktchen
5 minutes ago, Dibbes said:

I'm a little behind on updates (0.9.0.0 running at the moment). To upgrade to this one, do I need to clear everything and start over?

No, just replace the dll. But if you currently don't experience any problems, better wait for an official anouncement from me.

• Haha 1

Dibbes
2 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

No, just replace the dll. But if you currently don't experience any problems, better wait for an official anouncement from me.

I'll wait then... for a change I don't have any complaints! I'm very happy 🙂

• Thanks 1

AboveUnrefined
54 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

@AboveUnrefined @STR8 does by chance any of you have a real live tv plugin installed that works on Roku? (NextPVR, DVBViewer or Tvheadend)

I'm just using a hdhomerun prime and an hdhomerun quattro with my setup and that does work, no additional plugin was needed for that to work.

I've got a new roku tv in the past month that I'm going to try out now and tell you how that behaves and edit this post with that behavior in a few minutes.

Just tried it out on the newer tv and it's the same result. I just double checked to make sure the plugin is at the correct version...

Edited by AboveUnrefined

AboveUnrefined

Hey @pünktchen I'm just throwing out an idea here, but I'm wondering if for this plugin it'd be possible to try and force a continuous playback mode with some strict transcoding parameters to let this work on these annoying roku devices... At least as a temporary measure until whatever's going on with the client gets reworked...

In my set up I run the server as a docker instance with a gtx 1050 passed through to it, so it's not terribly expensive or consumes lots of power, so I wouldn't mind having to do that.

I'm just bringing it up because it almost works when I do have it set for continuous mode and it's tolerable with the archive mode so episodes start at the beginning... I get about a 50/50 chance that the next episodes continue in that mode (and get at least a full episode to play before I have to nanny the tv to play something else).

I've been hitting some other issues with the roku client that I'll digress on for another thread, because there's some other nonsense that goes on with the live tv and the roku causing me to plug up issues via transcoding...

It also occurred to me that maybe I can get something else going on with the playlist exports you enabled on this, so maybe I can try that out. I did, however, hit issues while using the shuffle on occasions so I'm not sure if it would still work 100%, but at least when I used the shuffle I'd probably get a good 90% playback rate.

Edited by AboveUnrefined

Sorry for the late reply rearranging my office but no i don't use any live tv no hd homerun, no antenna or anything like that just tje plugin 

pünktchen
2 hours ago, AboveUnrefined said:

Hey @pünktchen I'm just throwing out an idea here, but I'm wondering if for this plugin it'd be possible to try and force a continuous playback mode with some strict transcoding parameters to let this work on these annoying roku devices... At least as a temporary measure until whatever's going on with the client gets reworked...

You can try this version: VirtualTV.0.9.1.7.zip
Clear your browser cache and under the Playback Options of the plugin you'll find "h264 (force re-transcode)" for the video codec. This makes sure that all video files have h264 with the same codec profile options. What it doesn't do, because Emby doesn't allow it, is forcing the same resolution or aspect ratio for the video. Emby only allows a downscale, but not an upscale from eg. 720p to 1080p. But maybe it helps.

AboveUnrefined
11 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

You can try this version: VirtualTV.0.9.1.7.zip
Clear your browser cache and under the Playback Options of the plugin you'll find "h264 (force re-transcode)" for the video codec. This makes sure that all video files have h264 with the same codec profile options...

Let me give this a try. I might've tried this among many other settings but it's tough to get a good all around setting given my environment right now - thanks for the advice

thisismytrial

When directly requesting the xml & m3u files, I am using the IsRemote setting...but its failing to include the port in the WAN address, and thus not properly accessing the files. Anyway to fix this? 

Edited by thisismytrial

pünktchen
15 hours ago, thisismytrial said:

When directly requesting the xml & m3u files, I am using the IsRemote setting...but its failing to include the port in the WAN address, and thus not properly accessing the files. Anyway to fix this? 

Will be fixed with an update tomorrow.

AboveUnrefined

Just got around to putting in that last dll you uploaded and set the "h264 (force re-transcode)" mode - I'm going to give this a go for a little while and give some feedback once some episodes play through. Looks like it'll probably work well enough with some rough edges, at least making it so I can put on some custom channels without having to nanny it, which is what I'd mainly like.

I just did a run with these settings, wound up hitting the black loading screen with no progress when it attempted to move on to the next different episode. It did play two episodes from the same series fine (probably because of how they were formatted the same way) but then after those two it tried to go to a different series episode and just hit the black loading screen making no progress. Oh well...

Edited by AboveUnrefined

pünktchen
2 hours ago, AboveUnrefined said:

...then after those two it tried to go to a different series episode and just hit the black loading

I guess that the different series has an other resolution?

AboveUnrefined
1 hour ago, pünktchen said:

I guess that the different series has an other resolution?

Yeah I'm very confident they would be different since I didn't encode them myself, I'll examine the resolution between the two when I get a little time and edit this post with how they were different.

I was thinking that it would've just played back at a messed up looking ratio but with the roku tv it just wound up hitting the loading screen indefinitely (or possibly excessively long, I did only let it sit for a couple minutes before just backing out, but zero progress happened with the loading bar at that time).

1. Mega geiles Plugin, danke dafür!!!
2. Bei jedem Guide refresh wird der Guide komplett gelöscht und neu aufgebaut, ist dies so gewollt? Macht natürlich wenig sinn, wenn Filme für übermorgen im Guide stehen, wenn ein täglicher refresh erfolgt.
3. Guide und m3u export funktionieren bei mir nicht. Muss zwingen ein Passwort für die Funktion gesetzt werden? Wann erfolgt der export denn? Direkt nach dem Guide refresh?

pünktchen
56 minutes ago, Sanica said:

2. Bei jedem Guide refresh wird der Guide komplett gelöscht und neu aufgebaut, ist dies so gewollt? Macht natürlich wenig sinn, wenn Filme für übermorgen im Guide stehen, wenn ein täglicher refresh erfolgt.

Yes, it's intended. Either change the trigger of Emby's "Refresh Guide Task" or use the plugin option "Suspend creation of new program data for X hours".

59 minutes ago, Sanica said:

3. Guide und m3u export funktionieren bei mir nicht. Muss zwingen ein Passwort für die Funktion gesetzt werden? Wann erfolgt der export denn? Direkt nach dem Guide refresh?

Password isn't needed. If you fill in a "Export Folder", a new Emby task is created without any triggers. Didn't you find the task or is the task not working?

pünktchen

New version 0.9.2 in the starting post:

Export web API:

• Internal optimizations and simplifications (@thisismytrial "IsRemote" is now obsolete, it's fully automatic. But you have to set a password for remote connections)

crusher11

I never got around to installing 0.9.1.7 to try and troubleshoot the LG TV resume point thing, should I just use 0.9.2 instead?

pünktchen
10 hours ago, crusher11 said:

I never got around to installing 0.9.1.7 to try and troubleshoot the LG TV resume point thing, should I just use 0.9.2 instead?

I'll provide you a new test version later today.