VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

Thanks for this wonderful product punktchen. It is very cool, I recently switched to emby because Plex seem intent on never bothering to fix the chromecast bug they have. 

Anyway, do you need any help developing this? I do C# dev work for a day job so maybe I can help out? 

Or I can just help out trying it out, I run emby server on ubuntu and have fire tv, chromecast, android phone, windows and mac machines around the house for playback. So I can give you any feedback on those various platforms if that is useful. 

One feature request. When making up a channel of random shows, it would be nice to be able to specify that it shouldn't have two shows back to back of the same time. 

Edited by sciphi

AboveUnrefined
32 minutes ago, sciphi said:

Thanks for this wonderful product punktchen. It is very cool, I recently switched to emby because Plex seem intent on never bothering to fix the chromecast bug they have. 

Anyway, do you need any help developing this? I do C# dev work for a day job so maybe I can help out? 

Or I can just help out trying it out, I run emby server on ubuntu and have fire tv, chromecast, android phone, windows and mac machines around the house for playback. So I can give you any feedback on those various platforms if that is useful. 

One feature request. When making up a channel of random shows, it would be nice to be able to specify that it shouldn't have two shows back to back of the same time. 

I think having something leveraging CSharpCodeProvider to let people create their own random logic would be something cool to work with since it would alleviate a lot of craziness with having various toggles and input on the front end - if people can create their own logic for how the lineups are created they can share their logic with others in a simple way... I think once this plugin gets more mature there will likely be more configuration possibilities via gui but if I recall correctly I think punktchen mentioned how he's no fan of front end work, which I don't really blame him so much on that.

pünktchen
1 hour ago, sciphi said:

Thanks for your offer. If i have questions, i know whom to ask. But currently i don't plan to share the code with anybody. This is to protect it from the Jellyfin guys.

1 hour ago, sciphi said:

When making up a channel of random shows, it would be nice to be able to specify that it shouldn't have two shows back to back of the same time.

Are you talking about the same show, at the same time on two different channels? That is really difficult because the guide refresh queries one channel after the other. If you mean multiple episodes of the same show, one after the other on the same channel. Well, it was already requested to give the user more control about this. It's definitely something i will do at some point. I guess that's also what @AboveUnrefined is asking for. And he's right. I hate the html/javascript side of plugin development. Currently i won't code new options that are channel specific. I really need to change the gui for creating unlimited channels first.

• Like 2

@pünktchen I will dwell over this tonight and see WTF is causing these hangs. I can also test on Roku TV, Roku Streaming Stick+, Roku Express, and Roku Ultra to see if these consume your streams and differently. I want to get the "playlist" method working. So far no dice. But I have infinite rolls of the dice. It is inevitable I get the right roll. ;)

• Like 2

pünktchen
10 minutes ago, speechles said:

I want to get the "playlist" method working.

We all want this. So take your time.

• Like 1

AboveUnrefined
16 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Thanks for your offer. If i have questions, i know whom to ask. But currently i don't plan to share the code with anybody. This is to protect it from the Jellyfin guys.

Are you talking about the same show, at the same time on two different channels? That is really difficult because the guide refresh queries one channel after the other. If you mean multiple episodes of the same show, one after the other on the same channel. Well, it was already requested to give the user more control about this. It's definitely something i will do at some point. I guess that's also what @AboveUnrefined is asking for. And he's right. I hate the html/javascript side of plugin development. Currently i won't code new options that are channel specific. I really need to change the gui for creating unlimited channels first.

I'm just agreeing with what sciphi is asking for with tweaking the way episodes get randomly generated in the lineup but I totally get what the pain in the ass is with all the gui stuff would be to set up something real nice to have whatever it is we all want to have with everything -- it's one of those things that could take forever to get it to be how everyone would like it. On top of it, you're dealing with the other problems going on with all the different clients out there and I'm happy to see speechles was able to pick up on the difficulty with the roku client and trying to get that sorted out -- really awesome!

If I was you working on this and getting so far, I'd probably just want to abstract the whole customization portions for the random generator and have it so the behavior can be abstracted such that maybe others can make a plugin on top of your plugin to get that nice gui going and I think the biggest shortcut to get immediate customization going would be doing something with the dynamically compiled code with CSharpCodeProvider -- it would wind up being kind of shit having people coming up with various different code files to do whatever randomness they want to have going on but it would probably be kind of quick to at least provide a way to customize that randomness.

I have a channel of random sitcoms I like to use to go to sleep too. 

It has things like big bang theory, how i met your mother etc. I'd like to not have two big bang theories in  row (for example). That is what I meant.

Understand about not sharing the code. No worries. Happy to help debug and work on a plugin to the plugin if you like. Im not a huge gui fan either but it is something I should learn properly at some point. 

PuffyToesToo

As an FYI, I am still having the issue with getting booted to the guide when I add bumpers. Seems to always happen at the end of bumper #2, then does not play third, but boots me to the guide. Have tried with different sets of bumpers and always get the same issue with Roku. On the other hand, my bf says he does not have this issue and his play fine. 

(This is not new with this version, it has been happening all along)

Edited by PuffyToesToo

akacharos

quick question: Did anyone tried to create a channel with Music Videos content?
I am not sure if the EPG content doesn't get populated because I  don't have enough content to fill the program for several days or Music Videos content is not working somehow:

2020-10-10 15:22:32.522 Debug LiveTvManager: Refreshing guide from VirtualTV 2020-10-10 15:22:32.523 Info LiveTvManager: Refreshing guide with 2 days of guide data 2020-10-10 15:22:32.523 Info VirtualTV Plugin: GetPrograms > Channel: Gig TV, ChannelId: VirtualTV0, Querying Library for MusicVideos 2020-10-10 15:22:32.527 Info VirtualTV Plugin: GetLibraryItems > No MusicVideo Items match the Channel Conditions 2020-10-10 15:22:32.527 Info VirtualTV Plugin: GetPrograms > Channel: Gig TV, ChannelId: VirtualTV0, Returning 0 MusicVideos 2020-10-10 15:22:32.528 Debug LiveTvManager: Channel Gig TV has 0 new programs and 0 updated programs 2020-10-10 15:22:32.530 Info VirtualTV Plugin: GetPrograms > Channel: Comedy Drama, ChannelId: VirtualTV1, Querying Library for Movies

I don't have any problem with generating channels with my movie collections btw.

vdatanet
16 hours ago, pünktchen said:

Mmh, another one with problems on the shield. Really strange! @vdatanet would please send in-app logs to @ebr.

Hi @ebr I've sended in-app logs at 15:53, server: embysrv, user: joan

Using Nvidia Shield 2019 I get a black screen, but using Nvidia Shield 2017 it works

PuffyToesToo
1 hour ago, akacharos said:

quick question: Did anyone tried to create a channel with Music Videos content?
I am not sure if the EPG content doesn't get populated because I  don't have enough content to fill the program for several days or Music Videos content is not working somehow:

I don't have any problem with generating channels with my movie collections btw.

Yes, I have this issue with music videos as well. I definitely have plenty of content.

• Like 1

pünktchen
1 hour ago, akacharos said:

Music Videos content is not working somehow

35 minutes ago, PuffyToesToo said:

I have this issue with music videos as well.

I did only a quick test and it's still working here. Maybe the problem is tied to some specific channel condition. So what have you both set for your music video channel?

PuffyToesToo

Often what happens is that it only propagates an hour's worth, not at all, or they seem to disappear from the guide even though they originally showed.  These are the parameters I have set.  
I've tried a few different combinations with the same results. All are in a single directory and all are MP4 format. 

1.JPG

22.JPG

akacharos

I just added the library, no other conditions. I even tinkered with "Emby User" option in case it changes anything, but it makes no difference.
bX4GtuG.png
gC4kUdg.png

pünktchen

@PuffyToesToo and you have enough videos to fill a whole day? Also i don't know how good the Music Video Scraper works, because videos without a release year won't show up. Just clear both release date forms.

@akacharos did you clear the "Emby User" just for the screenshot? You have to choose one, otherwise you cannot select the libraries the plugin is using.

Edited by pünktchen

akacharos
2 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

@akacharos did you clear the "Emby User" just for the screenshot? You have to choose one, otherwise you cannot select the libraries the plugin is using.

Yes, removed it just for the screenshots.

pünktchen
6 minutes ago, akacharos said:

Yes, removed it just for the screenshots.

And the library that you've selected then is really of content type "Music Videos", not "Home Videos & Photos"?

PuffyToesToo

Yes, I have enough videos for at least 2 days (48 hours). They have all been converted to MP4 to avoid compatibility and properly tagged.  I'll remove the year range and post results back. Thank you.

pünktchen

@akacharos Ah, now i get it. Set the option "All conditions have to be TRUE". Normally without any condition it will return nothing, but with this special option it will then act as some kind of debug mode that returns all library items.

Edited by pünktchen
  • Like 1

akacharos
2 hours ago, pünktchen said:

@akacharos Ah, now i get it. Set the option "All conditions have to be TRUE". Normally without any condition it will return nothing, but with this special option it will then act as some kind of debug mode that returns all library items.

Bingo! That was it.

PuffyToesToo

This propagated the channel for me, but it still boots me back to the guide after 4-5 videos every single time. For info, it has always done this on my Rokus.