VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

fredflix

Not sure if it's a bug or not:

Plugin version: 0.9.0
I have 2 Library Folders: "english_movies" and "foreign_movies"
Channel settings:

• Playback Method: "Continous Playback (Live)" and "Single Playback (Live)" (happens on both)
  • Include Library Folders: "english_movies" checked
  • Channel Content Type: "Movies"
  • Watched state to include: "Watched & Unwatched"
  • Sort program by: "Random Movies"
  • Genre: "Action"
  • All conditions have to be TRUE: checked

So even though "foreign_movies" is not checked, the channel still gets "Action" movies from the "foreign_movies" library.
I'm guessing the "Genre" setting takes precedence over the "Include Library Folders" setting?

Edited by fredflix
added playback method

pünktchen
1 hour ago, Emby Tower said:

Another feature request: Show missing episodes, if activated in Emby!

Additionally show a warning if the next episode is a missed!

Sorry, i don't understand. Are you saying you want missing episodes to be included in the guide?

fredflix
14 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

@fredflix what is the path of those two libraries?

I was using "english_movies" and "foreign_movies" as example but here's what I have (attached).
I'm getting "Action" movies from "/mnt/movies_french" even though it's not checked.

emby.png

"movies_french" and "movies" are both Movie type libraries, the rest are TV type libraries.

Other than that the plugin works great so far.

Edited by fredflix

Emby Tower
28 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Sorry, i don't understand. Are you saying you want missing episodes to be included in the guide?

That's right!

pünktchen
22 minutes ago, fredflix said:

I was using "english_movies" and "foreign_movies" as example but here's what I have (attached).
I'm getting "Action" movies from "/mnt/movies_french" even though it's not checked.

emby.png

"movies_french" and "movies" are both Movie type libraries, the rest are TV type libraries.

That explains it all.
It's because of the naming of your folders. In the background i request all videos where the path starts with ...
mnt/movies_french starts with the path mnt/movies

pünktchen
10 minutes ago, Emby Tower said:

That's right!

That doesn't make any sense to me! Furthermore it would only lead to a playback error. I don't have any control about anything GUI related of the Emby apps.

fredflix
2 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

That explains it all.
It's because of the naming of your folders. In the background i request all videos where the path starts with ...
mnt/movies_french starts with the path mnt/movies

Damn, means I gotta rename either one with a name that doesn't overlap the other?

pünktchen
1 minute ago, fredflix said:

Damn, means I gotta rename either one with a name that doesn't overlap the other?

Yes, unfortunately.

fredflix
2 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Yes, unfortunately.

Got it. I'll rename the french movie folder then, not too many movies in there so thumbnails/metadata rebuild shouldn't take too long.
Thanks for the help.

Emby Tower
21 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

That doesn't make any sense to me! Furthermore it would only lead to a playback error. I don't have any control about anything GUI related of the Emby apps.

For me it would be a very good tool to show if I miss an episode inside the "universes" (I use your plugin to show franchises with crossover episodes). The channels guides are a perfect overview for this and Emby itself doesn't have a option to merge TV series like this.

pünktchen

But that is totally against the intended use. The plugin is not for managing your media, but enjoying them.

• Like 4

fredflix

Watched a channel for 5min and the movie it was playing then appeared in the "Continue Watching" feed.
Is there a way to prevent this behavior?

pünktchen
4 hours ago, fredflix said:

Watched a channel for 5min and the movie it was playing then appeared in the "Continue Watching" feed.
Is there a way to prevent this behavior?

I already reset the playback progress with a slight delay of a second, so check if it's still there.

Psyborg

I now had the chance to test the new playlist mode with the Fire TV beta app. :) 

Is there a chance for a playlist mode equivalent to the "(Archive)" playback modes to start each show from the beginning? Or could this new option be the solution? But it is limited to an half hour...

image.png.d5bcef07da1fdeddbfd26cda11cd259b.png

fredflix
9 hours ago, pünktchen said:

I already reset the playback progress with a slight delay of a second, so check if it's still there.

I actually had "Set items watched at playback stop after percent" to 0 because I thought it would disable the watch feature entirely.
I misunderstood its meaning... Now set to 5% it all works good.
Thanks man ;)

pünktchen
2 hours ago, Psyborg said:

Is there a chance for a playlist mode equivalent to the "(Archive)" playback modes to start each show from the beginning?

Because it's so easy to jump back to the beginning in playlist mode, i'd rather not create another option.

1 hour ago, fredflix said:

I misunderstood its meaning... Now set to 5% it all works good

No, you didn't misunderstood the setting. Zero means the plugin doesn't mark videos as watched. The thing is in playlist mode you're really playing the videos from your library, so the Emby library settings for continue playback and fully watched take precedence. I try to reset it after a short delay. Either this doesn't work at all for you (maybe the delay is to short) or some apps don't refresh the screen on their own.

fredflix
29 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

No, you didn't misunderstood the setting. Zero means the plugin doesn't mark videos as watched. The thing is in playlist mode you're really playing the videos from your library, so the Emby library settings for continue playback and fully watched take precedence. I try to reset it after a short delay. Either this doesn't work at all for you (maybe the delay is to short) or some apps don't refresh the screen on their own.

Yeah I'm using Emby Theater.
Set to 5%, the movie appears briefly (5-10 seconds roughly) under "Continue Watching", is marked as Watched and then gets removed by itself.
So this is all good.
Set to 0%, the movie appears under "Continue Watching", is not marked as watched, and has the progression bar (where I left off) on it. The movie stays there indefinitely.

So the mechanism works fine at 5% (aka the screen gets refreshed), just not at 0%

I'm using v0.9.0 from the front page.

Edited by fredflix

Psyborg
12 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Because it's so easy to jump back to the beginning in playlist mode, i'd rather not create another option.

Every time I press the back button on the Fire TV app via GUI it jumps to the beginning of the previous show and I have to press forward then to start the "current" one. Is there a better solution that I have overlooked? 

Would it perhaps be possible to increase the limit of the "Start playback from the beginning" option to, say, 18000 or would this lead to side effects? Personally, I don't like jumping directly into the current program, even if that's more like real television.

pünktchen
16 minutes ago, fredflix said:

So the mechanism works fine at 5% (aka the screen gets refreshed), just not at 0%

I'll take a look at this.

I misunderstood what playlist mode meant. But I tried it out and it works well. I was getting stops at the end of things with single mode. I'll get it tested on a number of the different devices I have and report back any problems. 

I'm wondering, would it be possible to use an already existing playlist as a source? I wanted a particular collection of sitcoms as a source for a channel. I went through and set tags in the metadata and then used that to create the channel, so it can be done, but constructing a playlist is simple and straight forward, so perhaps it is a simpler approach. This is more suggestion than anything else. 

A feature request. No idea how hard it would be to implement. 

How difficult would it be to make an audio only channel? Basically a radio channel I suppose. Same essential setup as the tv or movie channel, random collection of music, maybe bumpers and stuff, but use the music library instead of the video library. Not music videos, just the audio. 

I dont know if the live tv engine supports something like this so I just thought i'd put the idea out there in case it was actually simple. It would be nice to be able to build some music channels to put on in the background. 

PenkethBoy

If the above is not possible - could you create a channel from a playlist - for me mainly Audio but do have MusicVideo playlists as well

anthonylavado
On 09/10/2020 at 20:32, pünktchen said:

Thanks for your offer. If i have questions, i know whom to ask. But currently i don't plan to share the code with anybody. This is to protect it from the Jellyfin guys.

I know this is off topic but, I'll have you know we fully respect software licenses. If you had the code up, but had a license that  didn't allow anyone to freely use the code, we wouldn't.

• Like 1