New version Update

CtrlAlt7

julianb
I really hope for a december release, would be the perfect gift for our HTPC's. Right now, the current version is not so great @ 4k resolution, and it crashes alot. looking forward to beta test this new ET!

Ian-Highlander

Edit: post removed...

Read the end of the thread before replying to posts half way through it Ian you silly old fart...  :blink:

(that's addressed to myself before anyone takes offence)  :lol:

Edited by Ian-Highlander

Snapper

For the initial release the home screen you saw in the blog teaser will probably remain, because i don't want to create any uncessary delays. a vertical redesign is something we started discussing though and it might happen later. When I say vertical redesign, I'm just talking the home screen, it doesn't mean the entire app is one way or the other. There are already screens that are vertical when appropriate.

I think this is a good approach.  At some point you have to draw a line in the sand and start moving toward an initial release.  It's easy to get caught up into analysis paralysis and go nowhere.  It even makes more sense to just go with your current plan if it's possible to change with themes.

Snapper

I really hope for a december release, would be the perfect gift for our HTPC's.

Well, St. Nick is supposed to arrive tonight.  Maybe we can all find a new Emby Theater in our stocking tomorrow morning. :)

wraslor

St. Nick tonight? You're about 20 days early unless I time traveled again without knowing! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

St. Nick tonight? You're about 20 days early unless I time traveled again without knowing! Lol

Snapper is talking about Sinterklaas, here in the Netherlands. He arrives on the 5th December. Not to be confused with Santa Claus - that impostor waits around until the 25th.

Edited by gcoupe
  • Like 4

wally007

I prefer horizontal - aka MCE.

In the end, it doesnt matter. If there's a way to create a themes like Luke suggested, I'm sure someone will create horizontal and vertical themes. 

Vidman

again??!

Could you put the new Emby Theater on Github to follow the development?

In order to show the project activity and comfort some people.

You can disable issues tracker and pull requests to keep in peace before the first beta.

wraslor

again??!

Yea it happens sometimes while I sleep, I'll wake up and have no idea when I am!

• Like 2

aquatarkus

Sorry, but i wouldn't hold my breath.

That might seem a bit negative but I'd rather have to wait a few more weeks (please not months, OK if months then I'm gone full time to Plex) to make sure the Emby Theatre app is working properly even if not feature complete.

And it is coming up to Christmas so sure they have other things on their minds at the moment as well

Regards

Aquatarkus 

• Like 1

Yes, I saw that.

It isn't really a change in policy or anything with them.  Their policy is to restrict early access to apps to only Plex Pass holders.  Then, after a time, they deem an app out of the "preview" period and they open it up to everyone.

Xzener

Sure would be nice for Microsoft to release the app building to others... Unified apps is Microsofts saving grace as it crawls out of it's 8.1 hole it dug. If they have any hope to stay present in the mobile market, they better start releasing more apps. Just read about the new Netflix unified app. It sounds promising. But until more apps are released... They have no chance of gathering much needed steam. 2016 should prove to be an interesting year for Microsoft.

• Like 1

MadibaJ

The Plex app just went free (No Plex Pass) on Xbox One.

All very well, but I'm an Emby user and as plex doesn't support live tv well, it doesn't get a look in. I'm hanging out for theatre to drop Kodi and become solely Emby.

I would prefer it if Emby had its own built in DVb-t support but that's another discussion for another thread.

• Like 1

AdrianW

Just read about the new Netflix unified app. It sounds promising. 

Just checked the updated Netflix app - still needs work. Stupid thing won't even run full screen until a video is playing and even then you have to hit the full screen button to make it happen. And keyboard control is still not there. It's obviously been written specifically for tablets and phones, with no regard for living room use.

• Like 2

Nathanio

All very well, but I'm an Emby user and as plex doesn't support live tv well, it doesn't get a look in. I'm hanging out for theatre to drop Kodi and become solely Emby.

I would prefer it if Emby had its own built in DVb-t support but that's another discussion for another thread.

It does if natively if you use SD HD HomeRun tuners (I use 2 x DVB-T2 in my home setup) or use a third party back end (such as NextPVR) with a PCI card. Personally I prefer the native version with the network tuners than NPVR and PCI (yes tried both)

here's something the current app doesn't have that you guys might like, a nice and easy album screen.

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

• Like 10