New version Update

CtrlAlt7

Angelblue05

We are not suggesting that at all. Just correcting mis-information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Koleckai Silvestri

We are not suggesting that at all. Just correcting mis-information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure seems like it. Every time someone posts about waiting for Emby Theater, someone comes along and says "Have you tried Kodi with the Emby Plugin"? Then there are a dozen posts on how great and easy Kodi is to use. Personally, I don't find it great and easy to use. That is why I want an updated version of Emby Theater. Two clicks, and I am watching content. That is what I want. Not something that takes, me personally, hours to get running on my system.

• Like 1

danielpugh

@@wally007 dont know if it helps but i am in uk using guide via nextpvr plugin. I am using the ota guide which works fine.

It works well with either emby server or kodi as a frontend.

Nothing in emby theatre, but that is coming. More than is available via the new plex frontend (although that is quite nice it has no tv at all)

Edited by danielpugh

Sure seems like it. Every time someone posts about waiting for Emby Theater, someone comes along and says "Have you tried Kodi with the Emby Plugin"? Then there are a dozen posts on how great and easy Kodi is to use. Personally, I don't find it great and easy to use. That is why I want an updated version of Emby Theater. Two clicks, and I am watching content. That is what I want. Not something that takes, me personally, hours to get running on my system.

We're all sitting here waiting for the new version of ET. I've been recommending emby for Kodi as an alternative for people to try while we wait. Sorry if that pisses you off?

Edited by z0mbi

I think it's a good thing for fans of any particular app to show their support of the one they prefer.

But back to your point, what you are looking for is exactly what this app is targeting.

Angelblue05

"Sure seems like it"? A user was misinformed, I merely corrected his statement with updated information. No more, no less. If someone was saying incorrect information about any other emby apps in other forums, I would have done the same thing. The devs, including myself, put their time and effort into developing emby apps and they have the right to stop the spreading of incorrect information.

• Like 4

Vidman

Agreed. The new Emby for Kodi plugin is a whole new beast. It combines the benefits of Emby's media management with Kodi's excellent playback and interface. There is no skin hacking to be done, use the stock Kodi skin as it works great. It is as easy as installing the Emby addon after which it will automatically scan your network for Emby Server and import your media. I went from using a dedicated HTPC with an i5 CPU and a Nvidia 770 GTX graphics card running windows to a $35 Raspberry Pi that is absolutely amazing and don't plan on going back anytime soon. I mean a $35 "toy" can play 1080p frame-packed 3D Bluray iso's perfectly synced to your display along with HD audio while sipping a measly 10 watts of electricity, that is amazing in my opinion.

Sorry but wally007 would need to use another skin and do some configuration as stated they don't want all movies grouped together Edited by Vidman

Angelblue05

@@Vidman There's no need for a custom skin. skin configuration sure, but no custom skin is required. Anyway. as I said in this thread before, Kodi is not for everyone. :)

Edited by Angelblue05

Vidman

I really wish people would stop suggesting Kodi/XMBC as a replacement for Emby Theater. We're posting in this thread because we want an EMBY client solution. Not a Kodi solution. Kodi has entire forums on this site where people can talk about it. If we wanted to use Kodi, we would post there and ask questions about it.

You wouldn't post there if you didn't know about it as a viable option.... Which it is to some people so what's wrong with informing those that may not be aware of that fact?

Vidman

@@Vidman There's no need for a custom skin. skin configuration sure, but no custom skin is required. Anyway. as I said in this thread before, Kodi is not for everyone. :)

You can add custom home menu shortcuts to the default confluence?

Angelblue05

Ok, the exception being the default confluence skin. Saying custom skin can cause confusion because with our previous add-on, we needed an Emby custom skin to work with the add-on. Now, any Kodi skin (other than default basic confluence) will do.

• Like 1

Jdiesel

You can add custom home menu shortcuts to the default confluence?

Unfortunately you cannot add custom home menu shortcuts with the default Confluence skin, you are able to add submenus to Videos, Movies, and TV Shows on the home menu though.  There are customs versions of Confluence that allow you to add custom home menu items but they must be installed through the addon manager.

There is no single player that works for everyone however we are lucky enough to have many different choices to find one that works best for each of us. For the person who wants little to no setup there is the Windows 8/10 app, for those who want more control over their filters there is Emby Theater, for those who want even more customization along with a mature addon library there is Emby for Kodi.  I think it is fair to correct misinformation about the different players even if it isn't a thread in their respected forum otherwise it may be taken as fact from other users browsing the forum.  Everyone posting in this thread is very excited about Emby Theater and by no means are the Kodi for Emby users trying to bash Emby Theater but are instead trying to promote a way of enjoying Emby right now.   

Vidman

Unfortunately you cannot add custom home menu shortcuts with the default Confluence skin, you are able to add submenus to Videos, Movies, and TV Shows on the home menu though. There are customs versions of Confluence that allow you to add custom home menu items but they must be installed through the addon manager.

There is no single player that works for everyone however we are lucky enough to have many different choices to find one that works best for each of us. For the person who wants little to no setup there is the Windows 8/10 app, for those who want more control over their filters there is Emby Theater, for those who want even more customization along with a mature addon library there is Emby for Kodi. I think it is fair to correct misinformation about the different players even if it isn't a thread in their respected forum otherwise it may be taken as fact from other users browsing the forum. Everyone posting in this thread is very excited about Emby Theater and by no means are the Kodi for Emby users trying to bash Emby Theater but are instead trying to promote a way of enjoying Emby right now.

correct :)

wally007

There was no mis-information.

Sorry but wally007 would need to use another skin and do some configuration as stated they don't want all movies grouped together

Exactly this is what I wanted to avoid and said so couple of times.

Nick's MCE

So clearly this whole thread indicates the anticipated excitement about the release of Emby Theatre.

I am not interested in any discussion about kodi or temporary fixes or MCE hacks etc.

I am completely confidenter with Luke understanding of the expectations of emby theatre and am sure that after its first release it will develop into the platform we are all looking forward to.

We should just let the emby team get the stable release sorted and be patient. For now I will stick with mbc and win8 and wait for emby theatre.

Nicks.

• Like 1

Koleckai Silvestri

Is the Theater Beta anticipated to be released this year? 63 days left and I am sure family time and vacations for the holidays will subtract from available time.

• Like 1

TheShanMan

I imagine there are a lot of us on pins and needles waiting for updates on this (not to mention an actual release). Now that WMC no longer does Netflix and Emby can record live TV, there are no major limitations keeping me from switching.

The one thing I hope to see is something comparable to WMC's photo screensaver. My family absolutely loves watching it when we're not watching TV so I hope ET will have something like it.