New version Update

CtrlAlt7

Oh, shoot. I was under the impression that any Win10 app version of Emby, including and especially Emby Theater, was just going to straight up work on the Xbone like magic the minute they pull the Win10 switch. Is this not the case, then?

Edited by z0mbi

we're going to have you covered on xbox one so not to worry there. there is a big ongoing effort right now with the windows unified platform

• Like 2

techywarrior

Oh, shoot. I was under the impression that any Win10 app version of Emby, including and especially Emby Theater, was just going to straight up work on the Xbone like magic the minute they pull the Win10 switch. Is this not the case, then?

Not exactly. But it's pretty close to that.

As Luke said, don't worry. You'll be covered on Xbox One once MS pushes the Win10 update and opens up the store.

• Like 2

Ok, great :) A few of my friends have Roku's, one Chromecast, and one Samsung SmartTV... but all those emby implementations are kind of... lacking. The one thing they all have in common is the XboxOne :) We tried using the web browser as a client on Xbone currently, but they were reporting framerate issues on playback so I'm hoping the move to Win10 and a legitimate app will fix that. In fact, the only emby interface I'm totally satisfied with is the Kodi interface, with the web interface a close runner up. Emby theater on Xbone will be a nice solution for them, I think.

DigiTM

Noticed Plex is on PS4, wondering will EMBY be thrown onto PS4 in the future?  Maybe Theatre on PS4? Might be the reason for the timeframe perhaps ;) 

Edited by DigiTM
  • Like 2

pclausen

I believe a status update will be given within the next week or two so you can see that progress is beingn made. BUT I don't think an actual release is that close yet. It IS being worked on. It WILL be good. You just need to wait and be patient a little longer. In the meantime you can try one of the other clients as a stopgap.

Hey techy, so we are coming up on 2 weeks in a couple of days.  Is it still looking like we'll see a teaser sometime this week?  Are you able to comment on the overall project?  Did you guys run into some last minute snags that may have slowed things down?  If so, that's perfectly fine, was just curious if things are progressing according to plan and if not, perhaps a quick note stating that it will be a few more weeks before the teaser will be ready, would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by pclausen

Between this and The HDHomerun DVR my refresh finger is worn out!

Well if you use the Emby dvr then you'll only need to refresh one place.

• Like 2

billy_ray

Well if you use the Emby dvr then you'll only need to refresh one place.

I am just weighing my options.  I just need an updated WMC replacement.  I am currently using WMC for my main TV and Kodi/Ceton Echos/Emby Theatre/XBONE/HD View for my basement TVs.  I switch between them but I always tend to find things I like and dislike about each.  Guide/No Guide....works with WMC remote/doesn't work with remote...DTS sound/No DTS sound...picture breaks up/pictures doesn't..copy once channels/no copy once...you get the idea.   I love using emby to sort my movies and tv and I allow friends to connect with roku boxes and stuff, but what I am looking forward to and really hoping for, is that the new emby theatre gives my that one stop shop I have been looking for.  I appreciate all the work you guys do and can't wait to see the new emby theatre. (Hopefully soon!)

• Like 3

tmservo

Yeah, getting Emby on my XBOX1/PS4 will be a big plus; but getting it to work in Win10 will be appreciated also.

I prefer Emby Theater to Kodi.. for the most part, as it responds to the remote correctly.. and Kodi isn't nearly as "pretty" so to speak as Media Browser classic was when I could use it.

But Emby Theater, for all the things I like about it has some hitches that are significant so I'm looking for some upgrades. :)

I think the Arctic Zephyr dark theme skin for Kodi is the best looking and functioning emby client out there. I hope the new emby client for Win10 will look half as good. Can't wait to get it running on the Xbone.

MadibaJ

I think the Arctic Zephyr dark theme skin for Kodi is the best looking and functioning emby client out there. I hope the new emby client for Win10 will look half as good. Can't wait to get it running on the Xbone.

I'm using Titan skin which works great. I've set up tile for each Emby library eg kids tv, series and movies. Looking forward to trying out theatre.

• Like 2

billy_ray

Yeah, getting Emby on my XBOX1/PS4 will be a big plus; but getting it to work in Win10 will be appreciated also.

I prefer Emby Theater to Kodi.. for the most part, as it responds to the remote correctly.. and Kodi isn't nearly as "pretty" so to speak as Media Browser classic was when I could use it.

But Emby Theater, for all the things I like about it has some hitches that are significant so I'm looking for some upgrades. :)

I can't wait to have something on the Xbone as well.  How great would it be to just have to open Emby Theatre and have access to live tv/ movies in one spot.  I'd be happy if XBone gave me access to use my HD Homerun as a TV Tuner.  Almost the end of the week, hopefully we see a preview of Emby theatre or get a beta to play with.

Edited by bill_ray

Koleckai Silvestri

It's in development and the teaser will be made soon. I previously said it would be 1-2 weeks (my post was last week) and as far as I am aware the team is still working to have the teaser in that timeframe. They just need to do some more work so what they are showing is actually screenshots of the running build and not mockups.

People need to stop making promises on the absent flagship client. Let's face it, theater has been abandoned. Heck, we're not going to know if the screenshots in an update are mockups or actual screenshots anyway.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri
  • Like 1

MikeMcEwan

People need to stop making promises on the absent flagship client. Let's face it, theater has been abandoned. Heck, we're not going to know if the screenshots in an update are mockups or actual screenshots anyway.

Developers, you have a lot of supporters who are excited about Theater but are disappointed checking in and seeing no updates every day. However, please don't let guys like the above phase you. The vast majority of us are excited to see the new Theater!

Thanks

• Like 1

Xzener

The teaser is still on track for this week.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we should expect it VERY soon.

Koleckai Silvestri

Wrong

Then make the current build available to everyone. Isn't that the nature of Open Source? Release Early, Release Often.

• Like 1