marcelveldt

jluce50

I switched back to the old Emby addon due to some issues with the new one and I noticed that I don't get backdrop art on the home screen anymore. I found this error in the log:

17:18:12 T:9340   ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22) for http://localhost:8096/mediabrowser/Items/3013c1b82f448e45b519ace003a465dd/Images/Backdrop/2?MaxWidth=10000&MaxHeight=10000&Format=original&Tag=e3ab56fe27d389446754d0fb04910a34
17:18:12 T:9340   ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: HTTP returned error 500
17:18:12 T:9340  NOTICE: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Reconnect, (re)try 1
17:18:12 T:9340   ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: HTTP returned error 500
17:18:12 T:9340   ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Connect, didnt get any data from stream.
17:18:12 T:9340   ERROR: XFILE::CHTTPDirectory::GetDirectory - Unable to get http directory
17:18:12 T:9340   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting http://localhost:8096/mediabrowser/Items/3013c1b82f448e45b519ace003a465dd/Images/Backdrop/2/?MaxWidth=10000&MaxHeight=10000&Format=original&Tag=e3ab56fe27d389446754d0fb04910a34

Has something changed on the server?

Edited by jluce50

e123enitan

Yes, please try if that fixes the corrupted images...

Yes it does fixed the issue on Alien and Ventura pic's posted above, but I had to do this twice, also its interesting to note, after change file structure of split video alluded in another threads, so when  Kodi was powered up it created another poster making 3, initial two was redundant as the underlining path have altered, so when I deleted the texture, the two redundant poster was removed but left with a blanked, so I have to delete manually,( pressed C on keyboard to call context menu> Manage >delete) see after result.

5540407bd4b8d_Before.png

After testure was deleted

554040b06bce5_After.png

I had to delete manually

attached is logs, I

e123enitan

In addition to the above I found a better and easier way to get to clean texture without physically log to Kodi. In my case I have several Kodi on my network, this tool (advance IP scanner) which I installed on my server this gives me ability to manage all devices on my LAN from server computer. I documented simple steps as be below for does may find them self in my shoes, apology I am not fluent with process illustration, but think it self-explanatory, also the tool is intuitive enjoy it!

Google it and download, I am not responsible for any advace impact it may caused to your system, you're on your own :)

Edited by e123enitan

mata7

I will add a toggle to the logo view to prefer clearart instead of clearlogo, will provide new beta tomorrow.

thank you very much

MisterSanders

Please forgive me for asking what I hope is a simple question with a simple answer. My main objective is to display all my Emby folders in Kodi as main shortcuts like the web client or Media Browser Theatre do (style withstanding), but it's escaping me how to do this. Here's what I'm currently using:

Emby Server: 3.0.5597.1

Emby Add-on: 0.0.33 (add-on referenced here)

Titan MediaBrowser skin: 3.3.0

Host for all: a single Windows 7 box

Folders --

TV (with one directory, path substituted)

Movies (with one directory, path substituted)

Kids TV (with one directory, path substituted)

Kids Movies (with one directory, path substituted)

all of the directories listed above are independent; none within another.

there are photos and music folders too, likewise, but I'm focusing on the video for now.

I am unable to find a way to create a shortcut to Kids TV or Kids Movies. When I customize the main menu (edit menu shortcuts), adding TV Shows only creates a main shortcut to my TV folder, no other choices. When I do the same for Movies, it creates a shortcut that combines my Movies and Kids Movies folders, so I would obviously like to separate these but don't see how yet.

I'll also point out that that Settings > Skin Settings > Skin Mode > Mediabrowser integration (XBMB3B) reads, "Addon not installed - please install this addon first." I assumed this is because I'm using the Emby add-on but I'm mentioning this in case there's relevance.

There are obviously some clever folks on this forum and I hope one of you can give me a nudge in the right direction if you have the time.

altramarine

Hi MisterSanders,

Same issue here. I managed to partially solve it:

1. (in Titan skin) Skin settings -> Advanced settings - Enable smart shortcuts -> Enable smart shortcuts for favorites: enabled

2. Switch to "Confluence" skin temporarily

3. Go to Videos -> Movies -> Tags

4. Add your Tags (emby folders) to Favorites

5. Switch back to "Titan" skin

6. Skin Settings -> Configure shortcuts -> Edit menu shortcuts -> Add -> Smart shortcuts -> choose your emby folders

7. Repeat for all of your emby folders

Now you'll have the emby folders' shortcuts on your main screen with corresponding background images circulating.

Now, when I said partially... this does not "magically" add the widget or submenu for these folders.

@@marcelveldt

I cannot find a way to add widget, submenu which draw content from corresponding folders (ie. All movies, Recently added, Genres, In progress, Unwatched)

I would very much appreciate a hand with this:)

Do I have to create playlists for each of the folders? Hopefully not:)

Emby Server: 3.0.5597.1
Emby Add-on: 0.0.33
Titan MediaBrowser BETA skin: 3.3.2
Edited by altramarine

marcelveldt

Is there a way to change the refresh rate of the smart menu background and menu item images? at the moment on my machine it is refreshing them every 5 seconds, that is just a bit fast for me.

BTW Smart Shortcuts is awesome.

Update:

Also having issues setting the widget, I select:

Assign Widget->Video Library->Video Library->Emby - Kids Movies->Movies - Recently added

The widget now show up when I hit UP but it is empty.

I will provide a skin update later today which fixes these issues.

Are you on the stable version or beta ?

• Like 1

marcelveldt

Please forgive me for asking what I hope is a simple question with a simple answer. My main objective is to display all my Emby folders in Kodi as main shortcuts like the web client or Media Browser Theatre do (style withstanding), but it's escaping me how to do this. Here's what I'm currently using:

Emby Server: 3.0.5597.1

Emby Add-on: 0.0.33 (add-on referenced here)

Titan MediaBrowser skin: 3.3.0

Host for all: a single Windows 7 box

Folders --

TV (with one directory, path substituted)

Movies (with one directory, path substituted)

Kids TV (with one directory, path substituted)

Kids Movies (with one directory, path substituted)

all of the directories listed above are independent; none within another.

there are photos and music folders too, likewise, but I'm focusing on the video for now.

I am unable to find a way to create a shortcut to Kids TV or Kids Movies. When I customize the main menu (edit menu shortcuts), adding TV Shows only creates a main shortcut to my TV folder, no other choices. When I do the same for Movies, it creates a shortcut that combines my Movies and Kids Movies folders, so I would obviously like to separate these but don't see how yet.

I'll also point out that that Settings > Skin Settings > Skin Mode > Mediabrowser integration (XBMB3B) reads, "Addon not installed - please install this addon first." I assumed this is because I'm using the Emby add-on but I'm mentioning this in case there's relevance.

There are obviously some clever folks on this forum and I hope one of you can give me a nudge in the right direction if you have the time.

All these issues are resolved in the next version of the Emby addon, which has many improvements.

Please install the 0.1.1 version of the Emby addon (or auto update) and after that perform a database reset from the addon's settings.

Once done, the complete Emby entrypoints will be available in the video library and you can select toplevel or sublevel items to create your own menu structure the way you want it.

Note that if you want to have "fancy" tiles with rotating images the most easy way is to go to Videos --> (top of the library), select one of your emby collections and add it to the kodi favourites. If you have enabled "smart shortcuts" in the skin it will automatically retrieve pictures from the content in the background so the tile image and background picture will be images from the collection you pointed to in favorites. You can enable smart shortcuts in the skin settings --> advanced --> enable smart shortcuts for favorites.

Once enabled go to the menu edit screen and select your created smart shortcut.

I'm still in the process of thinking how to make this process easier but I'm kind of limited to certain Kodi restrictions. It's a bit of work to setup but you can up the skin all to your own preference.

• Like 1

e123enitan

All these issues are resolved in the next version of the Emby addon, which has many improvements.

Please install the 0.1.1 version of the Emby addon (or auto update) and after that perform a database reset from the addon's settings.

Once done, the complete Emby entrypoints will be available in the video library and you can select toplevel or sublevel items to create your own menu structure the way you want it.

Note that if you want to have "fancy" tiles with rotating images the most easy way is to go to Videos --> (top of the library), select one of your emby collections and add it to the kodi favourites. If you have enabled "smart shortcuts" in the skin it will automatically retrieve pictures from the content in the background so the tile image and background picture will be images from the collection you pointed to in favorites. You can enable smart shortcuts in the skin settings --> advanced --> enable smart shortcuts for favorites.

Once enabled go to the menu edit screen and select your created smart shortcut.

I'm still in the process of thinking how to make this process easier but I'm kind of limited to certain Kodi restrictions. It's a bit of work to setup but you can up the skin all to your own preference.

respect to you dude! :)

marcelveldt

I am on beta.

ok, latest beta version has the fixes. Version 3.3.3

bazzz3

ok, latest beta version has the fixes. Version 3.3.3

Marcel thank you again,for all this great work you are doing.The Skin almost has endless possibilities at this stage ;)

• Like 1

marcelveldt

For all users that are using the new Emby for Kodi addon I have some good news:

I just uploaded beta version 3.3.4 of the skin to the beta repo which as a cool feature:

It will auto create smart shortcuts for all your Emby video nodes, meaning:

you can just pick a shortcut from the smart shortcuts and you will have:

- automatic widget assignment

- fancy rotating artwork on the tile and in the background

- submenu's set with all sublevel entries for the smart shortcut.

To add a smart short for Emby to your startscreen:

1) make sure you're using 0.1.3 of the emby addon.

2) make sure you're on version 3.3.4 of the titan skin

3) go to skin settings --> configure menu shortcuts

4) press add and select "Smart shortcuts for Emby"

5) choose your collection of choice

6) when you return to home, you will have the shortcut configured including it's widget and submenu set and ready.

• Like 3

jluce50

I noticed some missing text for the new smart shortcuts settings:

554b5d70f1fa4_20150507_073934.jpg

jluce50

Okay, I'm seeing some very weird stuff. I'm on 0.1.3 of the Emby Addon and the latest beta version of the skin.

Home screen:

554bfd8de19a3_20150507_185910Small.jpg

Info screen (for an episode - notice it says "Movies"):

554bfd9d8160b_20150507_190137Small.jpg

e123enitan

For all users that are using the new Emby for Kodi addon I have some good news:

I just uploaded beta version 3.3.4 of the skin to the beta repo which as a cool feature:

It will auto create smart shortcuts for all your Emby video nodes, meaning:

you can just pick a shortcut from the smart shortcuts and you will have:

- automatic widget assignment

- fancy rotating artwork on the tile and in the background

- submenu's set with all sublevel entries for the smart shortcut.

To add a smart short for Emby to your startscreen:

1) make sure you're using 0.1.3 of the emby addon.

2) make sure you're on version 3.3.4 of the titan skin

3) go to skin settings --> configure menu shortcuts

4) press add and select "Smart shortcuts for Emby"

5) choose your collection of choice

6) when you return to home, you will have the shortcut configured including it's widget and submenu set and ready.

No word is sufficient to expressed how joyful seeing this amazing new features working faultless , bud 1,000,000 respect  :D

• Like 2

browned

Brand spanking noob when it comes to Kodi and Titan so not sure if this is a emby problem, Kodi, problem or Titan problem.

I have added a smart shortcut for emby that points to my Kids TV media folder. Using the Titan all-in-one homescreen results in the recently added, in progress, Spotlight pictures and thumbnails listing TV from my other TV folder which is for older people. Selecting any of these thumbnails, especially recently added starts playing the show they shouldn't be watching.

Also I cannot find the Set Views option anywhere in Kodi with Titan and Emby. Anyone able to shed some light.

Thanks

Angelblue05

Yes, parental support is not supported yet with Emby for Kodi, but I'm currently looking into what can be done. What settings have you set in your Emby server for your restricted user accounts?

https://trello.com/c/qVepItTC/16-user-access-parental-not-being-respected

As for Set Views I'm not exactly sure what you are referring to...Can you try to explain what you might be looking for?

Edited by Angelblue05

browned

Set views was possibly something from the older mediabrowser addon. I believe it allows a default view to be selected for the videos, music, and tv folders. Not 100% on that.

Angelblue05

Oh! I know what you are talking about!

Yes moving to Emby for Kodi, we are actually using Kodi's native features so it will remember the views you set, automatically. :)

e123enitan

Brand spanking noob when it comes to Kodi and Titan so not sure if this is a emby problem, Kodi, problem or Titan problem.

I have added a smart shortcut for emby that points to my Kids TV media folder. Using the Titan all-in-one homescreen results in the recently added, in progress, Spotlight pictures and thumbnails listing TV from my other TV folder which is for older people. Selecting any of these thumbnails, especially recently added starts playing the show they shouldn't be watching.

Also I cannot find the Set Views option anywhere in Kodi with Titan and Emby. Anyone able to shed some light.

Thanks

vote to support this request 

https://trello.com/c...being-respected

marcelveldt

I noticed some missing text for the new smart shortcuts settings:

Thanks, I'll fix it right away

marcelveldt

I am using the new "Smart shortcuts for Emby" option to add my main menu items and it is all working however it is taking about 30 seconds for my menu images and backgrounds to show up when I launch Kodi.

Emby Addon : 0.1.4

Titan : 3.3.4

OK, I'll load the images from cache in front. Now it first creates the cache and then loads the images meaning at startup the generation is delayed.

jluce50

I'm also noticing some odd behavior with smart shortcuts. When I set the Next Up shortcut as my TV widget it appears that one list of episodes is overlayed on top of another. It's really hard to explain. When I traverse the list the selected show is not highlighted. The only reason I can tell there is an overlay hiding the actual episodes is that when I scroll to the bottom and click down I can see the items underneath scroll back up to the top. Hopefully that makes sense...

marcelveldt

Thanks

I found the problem that was causing this, it was a small mistake in the way the video nodes were genererated. There will be a new version of the Emby addon available later today. Once you updated to the latest version of the Emby addon restart Kodi and check if the problem is fixed.

• Like 1