marcelveldt

jluce50

I would still be interested as to why I keep getting to redundant sets of Main menu entries for TV Shows and Movies and what these links actually refer to, more precisely what the diferrence is between movies and movies and TV and TV Shows. I know I can customize the skin but I want to understand what the skin does by default!

I'm not sure if this is what's happening for you, but I've noticed that switching between skins can lead to some weird results. Arctic Zephyr, in particular. If I get my TV Shows and Movies sections setup in AZ and then switch to Titan I'll have duplicates and some things aren't displayed correctly. Perhaps your duplicate entries that don't display some items correctly were created by another skin?

e123enitan

I'm not sure if this is what's happening for you, but I've noticed that switching between skins can lead to some weird results. Arctic Zephyr, in particular. If I get my TV Shows and Movies sections setup in AZ and then switch to Titan I'll have duplicates and some things aren't displayed correctly. Perhaps your duplicate entries that don't display some items correctly were created by another skin?

I was just going to write about this it creates a mess when switching from one to another, I thought each skin should perform independently without interferences, I had to rebuild by box completely and keep Titan and default confluence for other setup when need.

marcelveldt

Okay but why does the first of the two movie links in the main menu does not display the movie collections correctly?

Edit: Also the submenus are different per default

This is currently an error in the MediaBrowser addon...

marcelveldt

I was just going to write about this it creates a mess when switching from one to another, I thought each skin should perform independently without interferences, I had to rebuild by box completely and keep Titan and default confluence for other setup when need.

EDIT: ignore this post...

Just checked and Arctic uses in fact Titan's code so no conflict, they're just both wrong;-)

Edited by marcelveldt

marcelveldt

I'm "missing" the all entries - maybe it's the german translation which creates only "Filme/Movies" and "Serien/TV Serien".

Two further MB3 server libraries are not listed automatically. The same issue is in the "Arctic Zephyr" skin. Maybe an plugin issue?!

- Tolotos

Maybe you already removed them some time ago ? What happens if you go to settings --> skin settings --> configure menu shortcuts --> press Add --> select mediabrowser collections...

Which collections are displayed there ?

stueeey

This is currently an error in the MediaBrowser addon...

Hi Marcel  - is this the reason the 'Genre' thumbs don't display ?   currently all thumbs from the sub menu Genre selection displays a default circle with a play triangle in the middle... is it possible to have these linked to the default genre thumbs?  or at least change the thumbs the submenu is currently directed too?

Edited by stueeey

e123enitan

Attention!

The Arctic Zephyr skin and Titan are both using the skinshortcuts script. It seems that switching to Artcic Zephyr messes up the Titan menu configuration completely !!!

I will look at the Zephyr's code what's causing this but for now:

If you switched to Zephyr and want to use Titan again you have to RESET shortcuts!

Settings --> skin settings --> configure menu shortcuts --> reset menu shortcuts

Ok, I did reset skin to default, but not efficient as one have to reset to default several times each time a switched a is made, not easy to remember settings + time consuming and setup for each is totally diff, making testing very inconvenient, I’II set up a diff box for testing  as Titan is my main skin, I hope we solution soon.

Cheers!

Edited by e123enitan

Tolotos

I deleted the Appdata/Roaming/Kodi folder and setup Kodi from scratch. Only Titan Beta as additional skin and TvTunes and MediaBrowser Beta as plugins. 

The main menu is still not as expected. 

Movies/Filme           == same entry

TV Serien / Serien   == same entry

One additional video library is missing.

54ff099576827_Titansmall.jpg

Tolotos

Maybe you already removed them some time ago ? What happens if you go to settings --> skin settings --> configure menu shortcuts --> press Add --> select mediabrowser collections...

Which collections are displayed there ?

The "Heimvideos" and the "Collections" library is not shown in the main menu automatically.

54ff0ae3a390e_Titan2small.jpg

e123enitan

same issue here, user collection behaves unusual, the 4 boxes’ to left are user collection note how they reflect same rotation, the two to right are default all movies and TV shows, these works nicely.
I noticed that this occurred after 3.2.66, I did have chance to review 3.2.67 (fails to download), but with the latest 3.2.68 something have changed drastically that have caused this.
Kindly look into the issue, appreciate your support as always.

marcelveldt

Hi Marcel  - is this the reason the 'Genre' thumbs don't display ?   currently all thumbs from the sub menu Genre selection displays a default circle with a play triangle in the middle... is it possible to have these linked to the default genre thumbs?  or at least change the thumbs the submenu is currently directed too?

No this is currently an issue with the MB3 addon itself which has to be fixed.

@@xnappo, any news on this ? I looked at this myself but couldn't find the cause. It's reported by multiple users that the covers aren't displayed for the genres section

marcelveldt

I deleted the Appdata/Roaming/Kodi folder and setup Kodi from scratch. Only Titan Beta as additional skin and TvTunes and MediaBrowser Beta as plugins. 

The main menu is still not as expected. 

Movies/Filme           == same entry

TV Serien / Serien   == same entry

One additional video library is missing.

Just remove the redundant ones... Those are the default "all movies/allseries" buttons from Kodi.

The tiles first in your menu are your views from the MB3 server.

marcelveldt

The "Heimvideos" and the "Collections" library is not shown in the main menu automatically.

Currently only movies and tvshows sections are added automatically. Other media types can be added by hand with that screen.

This will be fixed/changed once I've switched the skin to using the new Views API

marcelveldt

same issue here, user collection behaves unusual, the 4 boxes’ to left are user collection note how they reflect same rotation, the two to right are default all movies and TV shows, these works nicely.

I noticed that this occurred after 3.2.66, I did have chance to review 3.2.67 (fails to download), but with the latest 3.2.68 something have changed drastically that have caused this.

Kindly look into the issue, appreciate your support as always.

attachicon.gifUC Fanart same.png

attachicon.gifSkin V3.2.68.png

Nothing has changed in the skin on this matter so problem is server or addon related. The skin just displays those images which it gets from the MB3 addon. Are there any errors in your log ?

marcelveldt

I keep getting url error : argumentexception when playing a video?

maybe provide a log ? maybe some error in recent MB3 addon that has been fixed already ?

e123enitan

No this is currently an issue with the MB3 addon itself which has to be fixed.

@@xnappo, any news on this ? I looked at this myself but couldn't find the cause. It's reported by multiple users that the covers aren't displayed for the genres section

Yes I concord "Not MB- skin issue", I have reported this several times, to be sure it’s not skin related issue, I tested through confluence skint, flat "blank" therefore it is safe to conclude its MB3.

Although the issue related "user collections" as I observed, why it works for All TV and Movie very confusing to imagine, thanks for your efforts in fixing this.

Edited by e123enitan

marcelveldt

Doesnt seen to be doing it anynore after recent update.

ok great, fixed already than :-)

bazzz3

I'm also still seeing a few issues like the following :

Two or three of my main menu Addon Tiles,when I enter then they are stuck on on Showcase with no art or names.

http://i.imgur.com/rrEF5E3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TIgU5xb.png

Edit : Sorry another question.....Was logo ever added as a view method,I remember it being mentioned before?.I've gone so far into customising this skin,I'd love if you could

help me out with fixing the above.Thanx Marcel

Hi Marcel,any chance you could help me with my previous questions...I'm loving the new improvements,also the OpenELEC menu integration.Thank you in advance

saitoh183

@@marcelveldt

I just updated to the latest build (loving the confluence style menu additions :) ) and it looks great except that i activate the show profile button and with the confluence horizontal or vertical, i am unable to get to the menu to switch profiles. (on horizontal, i press up (widgets disabled or enabled) and it just doesnt go. Also i tried to add in-progress shows as a widget for my TV show menu but all i get when i go back to the main menu is favorites as widget.

Also is there any way to get rid of the power menu(press down twice from any menu)? I already disabled the other powermenu  but this one remains:

54ffbd0fd41dc_powmenu.jpg

Edited by saitoh183

bob808

I had to do a reset of my openelec box, so a clean install, added latest beta mediabrowser plugin and 3.2.68 titan.  I have setup mediabrowser (just added server ip and username, didn't touch any other setting yet) and in Titan skin settings I pick use mediabrowser mode for movies and tv series.

Problem is this isn't remembered - when I exit out of there, the menu doesn't generate, and when I go back in they are both unchecked again.  This used to work on earlier versions for me - anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks

bob

my mediabrowser server reports that the client box is online so this looks to be a skin issue not a mediabrowser plugin issue?

edit - scratch that - without trying to change the settings again, its suddenly come up... all seems to be ok now, apart from I have the same issue with some of the tiles showing the same image - eg tv series and movies showing the same picture not their own art- sometimes its from a tv series, sometimes a movie - but always the same picture on both tiles...  This is the latest betas for mb server and for titan, and openelec latest updates.

Edited by bob808

marcelveldt

Hi Marcel,any chance you could help me with my previous questions...I'm loving the new improvements,also the OpenELEC menu integration.Thank you in advance

1) The behaviour you see (that showcase is opened by default) is caused by those addon themselves.. It's because they try to set a default view.

In the addon-settings for those addons look for a setting called "auto view" or "force view" or something. Disable that "feature" and you're all set. You can also just set the view ID to one of the Titan views, I posted all knows views for Titan a while back.

Maybe interesting to know is that I'm working on some global setting in the skin to force views in the skinsettings, will be finished soon I hope.

2) Adding a clearlogo/clearart view is still on my TODO list. If anyone has some great ideas/examples please let me know. I'll get working on this between now and about 2 weeks or so.

• Like 1

marcelveldt

@@marcelveldt

I just updated to the latest build (loving the confluence style menu additions :) ) and it looks great except that i activate the show profile button and with the confluence horizontal or vertical, i am unable to get to the menu to switch profiles. (on horizontal, i press up (widgets disabled or enabled) and it just doesnt go. Also i tried to add in-progress shows as a widget for my TV show menu but all i get when i go back to the main menu is favorites as widget.

Also is there any way to get rid of the power menu(press down twice from any menu)? I already disabled the other powermenu  but this one remains:

Hi saitoh,

1) fixed the profile button, forgot that one when I added the new homemenu's a while back. Will upload new beta soon.

2) I couldn't reproduce your question about setting the widget... What did you do to have this problem ?

3) fixed the powermenu on all homescreens, it will now follow the skinsetting to disable it.

New beta will be available today or tomorrow with the fixes

marcelveldt

edit - scratch that - without trying to change the settings again, its suddenly come up... all seems to be ok now, apart from I have the same issue with some of the tiles showing the same image - eg tv series and movies showing the same picture not their own art- sometimes its from a tv series, sometimes a movie - but always the same picture on both tiles...  This is the latest betas for mb server and for titan, and openelec latest updates.

Hi Bob, good to hear that your problem resolved itself :-) Don't know what was causing it as I haven't heard it before.

There seems to be something wrong with the latest version of the MB3 addon with the tile images. I'll have to take a look if something had changed on that section. I already checked the skin code and no changes to that section so must be something to do with the addon.

bazzz3

1) The behaviour you see (that showcase is opened by default) is caused by those addon themselves.. It's because they try to set a default view.

In the addon-settings for those addons look for a setting called "auto view" or "force view" or something. Disable that "feature" and you're all set. You can also just set the view ID to one of the Titan views, I posted all knows views for Titan a while back.

Maybe interesting to know is that I'm working on some global setting in the skin to force views in the skinsettings, will be finished soon I hope.

2) Adding a clearlogo/clearart view is still on my TODO list. If anyone has some great ideas/examples please let me know. I'll get working on this between now and about 2 weeks or so.

Marcel you beauty ;)  Thank you very much for the reply. Regarding the logo's instead of text for shows and movies in the library that can wait,the background music using TV Tunes works fine.....the final outcome I'd like to see here would be something like this.....not great quality video but hopefully you get what I mean..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpZcuOIL3Ig