marcelveldt

Angelblue05

Marcelveldt

I'm seeing this error in logs - let me know if you need more information.

03:15:36 T:15764   ERROR: Exception in thread Thread-2:
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "D:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\threading.py", line 810, in __bootstrap_inner
                                                self.run()
                                              File "C:\Users\Angel\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.titanskin.helpers\resources\lib\BackgroundsUpdater.py", line 82, in run
                                                if (self.delayedTaskInterval >= backgroundDelay):
                                            UnboundLocalError: local variable 'backgroundDelay' referenced before assignment

marcelveldt

Thanks for reporting. Will look into it tonight.

• Like 1

marcelveldt

Lately I've noticed that the TV and Movie menu tiles intermittently go blank (they're set to show rotating fanart backgrounds). Highlighting the tile causes it to reappear.

I can't reproduce this issue on the latest beta version. Do you still have this issue ?

marcelveldt

in PVR TV Guide, the latest version 3.3.30 (since .31 wont install) doesn't let me press back to bring up the side menu...  I have another box running 3.3.28 and this works perfect, but in 3.3.30 when I press back I simply go back to the main tiles menu

Oops, you're right. I changed this to have the same overall experience in every menu were left button would open the sideblade menu. It was kind of strange that only in the guide the back button would open the sideblade,

Offcourse I'm open for comments if you say that this is a bad change.

Vidman

Is this skin compatible with video themes?if it is what settings do i need to set so that they show when browsing

jluce50

I tried running this skin on my AFTV Stick and noticed that widgets are quite slow to load even with "Adjust settings for low performance devices" enabled. Is there anything else I can do to speed things up or is this skin just not compatible with slower devices?

marcelveldt

I tried running this skin on my AFTV Stick and noticed that widgets are quite slow to load even with "Adjust settings for low performance devices" enabled. Is there anything else I can do to speed things up or is this skin just not compatible with slower devices?

Did you try with the stable or the beta version of the skin? Can you tell me which widgets are slow?

jluce50

I'm using the beta. For Tv Shows I'm using the Emby Smart Shortcuts -> Next Episodes. For Movies I'm using Default Widgets -> Random Movies. For some reason, the TV Shows widget is always much slower than Movies whether I'm using the Smart Shortcuts or the Default Widgets -> Next Up. I would think the Smart Shortcut would be much faster since it's provided by Emby vs. being calculated by Kodi, though I'm not sure how things work behind the scenes.

marcelveldt

Is this skin compatible with video themes?if it is what settings do i need to set so that they show when browsing

It should work by default although I never really tested it. I am fixing some small stuff in the skin tonight, I will take a look.

marcelveldt

I'm using the beta. For Tv Shows I'm using the Emby Smart Shortcuts -> Next Episodes. For Movies I'm using Default Widgets -> Random Movies. For some reason, the TV Shows widget is always much slower than Movies whether I'm using the Smart Shortcuts or the Default Widgets -> Next Up. I would think the Smart Shortcut would be much faster since it's provided by Emby vs. being calculated by Kodi, though I'm not sure how things work behind the scenes.

The widgets are provided by the Emby addon. Especially the next up is a tough one because it has to be calculated. How slow is the loading time on your setup?

jluce50

The widgets are provided by the Emby addon. Especially the next up is a tough one because it has to be calculated. How slow is the loading time on your setup?

I tried the Kodi version, I think it's called Ongoing Episodes, and it's just as slow. I'm sure they're both doing similar things, so that makes sense.

On my PC it's about 1 second, but on the Fire TV it's more like 7-8 seconds.

marcelveldt

I tried the Kodi version, I think it's called Ongoing Episodes, and it's just as slow. I'm sure they're both doing similar things, so that makes sense.

On my PC it's about 1 second, but on the Fire TV it's more like 7-8 seconds.

Both the Emby version and the default Kodi version use the same logic to calculate the next up. Is it only slow when launching Kodi or is the refresh after watching something slow?

Vidman

It should work by default although I never really tested it. I am fixing some small stuff in the skin tonight, I will take a look.

It sounds like video themes are playing but are obsured behind the backdrop/fanart Edited by Vidman

marcelveldt

It sounds like video themes are playing but are obsured behind the backdrop/fanart

OK, I think (and hope) I just fixed this although I couldn't test it because I don't have theme videos in my setup.

I will include this fix in tonight's new beta version.

jluce50

Both the Emby version and the default Kodi version use the same logic to calculate the next up. Is it only slow when launching Kodi or is the refresh after watching something slow?

It's slow even if I just navigate to another menu item and then go right back to TV Shows. It seems like it's recalculating every time it receives focus.

marcelveldt

It's slow even if I just navigate to another menu item and then go right back to TV Shows. It seems like it's recalculating every time it receives focus.

Hmmm, It shouldn't do that at all. It should only refresh if there's actually something changed. I will take a look at it. Also I'm thinking about adding some caching for the widgets in the emby addon because 7 seconds is pretty slow. I received a raspberry pi for testing so I should be able to reproduce the issue you have on that.

EDIT: btw, are you sure you're using the shortcuts from the smart shortcuts and you didn't manually assign a nextup widget to the shortcut ? If you use the smart shortcuts for emby it will auto assign the correct widgets

Edited by marcelveldt

jluce50

Hmmm, It shouldn't do that at all. It should only refresh if there's actually something changed. I will take a look at it. Also I'm thinking about adding some caching for the widgets in the emby addon because 7 seconds is pretty slow. I received a raspberry pi for testing so I should be able to reproduce the issue you have on that.

EDIT: btw, are you sure you're using the shortcuts from the smart shortcuts and you didn't manually assign a nextup widget to the shortcut ? If you use the smart shortcuts for emby it will auto assign the correct widgets

Hmm, I'm not sure how I created the shortcut originally. I did manually assign the Smart Shortcut as the widget, though. Wouldn't that effectively be the same thing?

marcelveldt

Hmm, I'm not sure how I created the shortcut originally. I did manually assign the Smart Shortcut as the widget, though. Wouldn't that effectively be the same thing?

I don't think so. If you manually assign it, the content will be processed by the emby addon. If you just use the smart shortcut (which has the correct multi-widgets assigned by default) it will cache things in memory.

So... skin settings --> configure menu shortcuts --> press Add --> Smart shortcuts for Emby --> select your tv shows node

Go to the homescreen and look if your widget is any faster.

In the meanwhile I will try to optimize the widgets in the Emby addon but I don't expect miracles from that but you never know.

jluce50

I don't think so. If you manually assign it, the content will be processed by the emby addon. If you just use the smart shortcut (which has the correct multi-widgets assigned by default) it will cache things in memory.

So... skin settings --> configure menu shortcuts --> press Add --> Smart shortcuts for Emby --> select your tv shows node

Go to the homescreen and look if your widget is any faster.

In the meanwhile I will try to optimize the widgets in the Emby addon but I don't expect miracles from that but you never know.

Ah-ha! That did it. After following those steps it does appear to be cached. I had no idea that manually assigning widgets was a bad idea. Thanks!

jluce50

On a completely unrelated note, I noticed that if you disable the power button on the home screen all it does it hide the button. Scrolling past the bottom shortcut still activates the power menu rather than scrolling back to the top shortcut. Is this intentional? I'd like to be able to quickly loop back to the top rather than having to scroll all the way back up...

e123enitan

Marcel-on 3.3.33,

I noticed that backdrop rotations are slow to change for smart shortcut link to movies in the emby server, the TV show works perfectly. 

What happen is, when I navigate from one smart shortcut menus to another, it sometime displayed a black screen for a start, then after few second it start displaying as normal this only happen for those that are link movies, but when I navigate to TV shows menu the backdrop rotation displayed instantaneous.

All my menu are derived from smart short cut, I wonder why those movies acts in this manner, it wasn't the case in prior versions, I have rebuild Kodi from scratched, yet the issue persist. any idea

Thanks

jluce50

Speaking of backdrop rotations, I've noticed mine only rotates between a handful of shows/movies (or at least some are shown WAY more often than others). Is there anything that can be done about this or is it up to Kodi to return random images?

marcelveldt

I noticed that backdrop rotations are slow to change for smart shortcut link to movies in the emby server, the TV show works perfectly. 

What happen is, when I navigate from one smart shortcut menus to another, it sometime displayed a black screen for a start, then after few second it start displaying as normal this only happen for those that are link movies, but when I navigate to TV shows menu the backdrop rotation displayed instantaneous.

All my menu are derived from smart short cut, I wonder why those movies acts in this manner, it wasn't the case in prior versions, I have rebuild Kodi from scratched, yet the issue persist. any idea

Are there any errors in your Kodi logfile ?

marcelveldt

Speaking of backdrop rotations, I've noticed mine only rotates between a handful of shows/movies (or at least some are shown WAY more often than others). Is there anything that can be done about this or is it up to Kodi to return random images?

It currently pulls 50 random images from the database. I can extend that number a bit to see if that helps.