marcelveldt

marcelveldt

I am using the new "Smart shortcuts for Emby" option to add my main menu items and it is all working however it is taking about 30 seconds for my menu images and backgrounds to show up when I launch Kodi.

Emby Addon : 0.1.4

Titan : 3.3.4

I fixed this in the skin, added a cache for the images so the images should be available instantly now.

Will provide a new beta for the skin later today.

• Like 1

marcelveldt

Okay, I'm seeing some very weird stuff. I'm on 0.1.3 of the Emby Addon and the latest beta version of the skin.

I will post a new beta version of the Emby addon (1.1.8) and the Titan skin (3.3.5) later today.

Please test again after updating to that and let me know if you still have issues.

I couldn't reproduce your problem but I fixed a few things that might be related.

blublub

For all users that are using the new Emby for Kodi addon I have some good news:

I just uploaded beta version 3.3.4 of the skin to the beta repo which as a cool feature:

It will auto create smart shortcuts for all your Emby video nodes, meaning:

That's just absolutely perfect !

• Like 1

marcelveldt

I'm also noticing some odd behavior with smart shortcuts. When I set the Next Up shortcut as my TV widget it appears that one list of episodes is overlayed on top of another. It's really hard to explain. When I traverse the list the selected show is not highlighted. The only reason I can tell there is an overlay hiding the actual episodes is that when I scroll to the bottom and click down I can see the items underneath scroll back up to the top. Hopefully that makes sense...

Please let me know if this is fixed in latest beta versions. I tried to reproduce but couldn't.

marcelveldt

Beta version 3.3.7 of the skin has just been pushed to the beta repo, available within a few hours.

Just like the versions 3.3.1 till 3.3.6 this is a update with smaller bugfixes and mostly optimizations.

Some highlights of the changes since version 3.0.0:

1. The onscreen video panel (OSD) has been reworked by member/contibutor pünkchten:
•overhauled OSD labels to get the same look and feel across all playing content
•added new property "AddonName" when player content is an internetstream
•keep bottom OSD visible while zapping thru pvr channels, although setting "info on pause" is disabled

2. Some fixes were made by member/contributor mgonzales to optimize the skin's compliance with 3th party addon, mostly by making sure that all required fonts and colors are present.

3. Support for the new PIN dialog of the trak addon was added by mgonzales.

4. New studio/network logos were added by member/contibutor taurus35

5. Added option to always show the scrollbars + added the scrollbar at some places were it was missing.

6. Added rotating photo tile picture/background if you have any photo collections added to Kodi + the option to set a custom path.

7. Fixed a bug in music playback where a race condition could make your system unresponsive.

8. The skin is no longer dependent of the grab fanart script, it now uses the skin's own helper script for all random background grabbing.

9. Artist slideshow is now optional; it is however enabled by default.

10. Several very small graphical glitches have been resolved.

11. Updated languages from transifex, thanks to all the translators! The skin is now available in 74 languages!

12. Automatic "smart shortcuts" creation for the new Emby for Kodi addon.

While this may seem a small update, lot's of stuff has changed "under the hood" so please test and report any issues you may have. Offcourse a big thank you for all beta testers and a special thank you for the active contributors on Github to make this skin even better.

Regards,

Marcel

jluce50

Please let me know if this is fixed in latest beta versions. I tried to reproduce but couldn't.

It wasn't initially, but resetting the shortcuts and recreating them seems to have fixed the issue.

• Like 1

sharp76

Hi guys!

First of all, I love the Titan media brwoser skin, had a perfect configuration, but with one of the last official updates of the skin the trouble began!

Ok, here is what i mean...

I made a fresh install of Kodi 14.2, the titan media browser skin 3.3.0 and the newest stable emby addon. Additional I have the Ambibox addon installed for Ambilight. When I play with the standard confluence skin oder the modded confluence skin for emby everything works fine, all addons are loaded, Ambibox works like a charm, but as soon as I switch to media browser skin I get an script error while starting and initializing Kodi. Switching back to confluence and restart makes everything work again.

First I posted this problem in the Ambibox forum, but the programmer wrote me the follwing:

-Hmmm. This problem seems to be more of an issue with the skin than with the plugin.-
-Have you posted in the skin's forum asking for help?-
-Ambibox directly accesses files in several different places and it seems that this skin must be forcing the plugin into a restricted mode which prevent this type of direct file access.-

Here's my logfile
http://pastebin.com/h6AEdyJD
The trouble begins at line 193!

Hopefully someone can help!

Thanks in advice

marcelveldt

@@sharp76 I will take a look! Never heard if this problem. Will let you know what I find

sharp76

Thx man! :)

Tried it with the

standard confluence skin - no prob

Media browser confluence Helix- no prob

1080XF MB3- no prob

Aeon Nox 5 Media Browser -no prob

switching back to Titan Media Browser- same prob as described, AmbiBox script-error at start

seems to be skin, not the addon! :unsure:

Edited by sharp76

e123enitan

Hi Mercel,

I opened a thread in Kodi addon for help with issue observed with WeTek Play (openelec)

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/21601-kodiembywetekopenelec-playback-unpleasant/

Amoung the issues: lag in poster display as navigate up/down through movie, 

See comment from null_pointer, errors relating to Titan skin helper and skin engine colour and settings

I thought this will interest you please let me know if you need further info which may assist you in troublehsooting the issues.

Here is the first logs, additinal logs are posted in "Kodi/emby/Wetek/Openelec playback unpleasant"

http://xbmclogs.com/phrfljrks

http://xbmclogs.com/pdpfvcgyz

Thanks

marcelveldt

Hi Mercel,

I opened a thread in Kodi addon for help with issue observed with WeTek Play (openelec)

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/21601-kodiembywetekopenelec-playback-unpleasant/

Amoung the issues: lag in poster display as navigate up/down through movie, 

See comment from null_pointer, errors relating to Titan skin helper and skin engine colour and settings

I thought this will interest you please let me know if you need further info which may assist you in troublehsooting the issues.

Here is the first logs, additinal logs are posted in "Kodi/emby/Wetek/Openelec playback unpleasant"

http://xbmclogs.com/phrfljrks

http://xbmclogs.com/pdpfvcgyz

Thanks

You have a whole bunch of errors in your log that files from the skin couldn't be located. This will result in a bad user experience. I suggest you to completely remove the skin and  re-install it. Either the stable from official Kodi repo or the beta.

e123enitan

You have a whole bunch of errors in your log that files from the skin couldn't be located. This will result in a bad user experience. I suggest you to completely remove the skin and  re-install it. Either the stable from official Kodi repo or the beta.

OK I will removed and reinstall, get a new log and post it for you to review :)

Edited by e123enitan

inkubux

Everything is working fine with your skin.

Thanks for this,

I replaced my amber skin setup with Titan which is much more customizable

However the main screen thumbs are sowing pretty slowly on my RPI2 and my Cubox-i, It takes sometimes 3 to 4 seconds for the right "thumbs" to show when I hover a new category.

I'm using the Vertical menu layout

I checked the Optimize for slow device checkbox but it didn't help.

Thanks for your help

marcelveldt

Everything is working fine with your skin.

Thanks for this,

I replaced my amber skin setup with Titan which is much more customizable

However the main screen thumbs are sowing pretty slowly on my RPI2 and my Cubox-i, It takes sometimes 3 to 4 seconds for the right "thumbs" to show when I hover a new category.

I'm using the Vertical menu layout

I checked the Optimize for slow device checkbox but it didn't help.

Thanks for your help

By thumbs I think you mean the widgets ? Like recently added and stuff like that ?

Those should be cached at all times for fasdter loading. Does it only happen when you first enter a menu item or does it always happen ?

Does it happen on all menu items ?

inkubux

By thumbs I think you mean the widgets ? Like recently added and stuff like that ?

Those should be cached at all times for fasdter loading. Does it only happen when you first enter a menu item or does it always happen ?

Does it happen on all menu items ?

Sorry Yes I mean the widgets.

Once they are cached they are good for a bit (maybe an hour), after that they restart to load slowly.

Also when I navigate to the menus and come back to the main screen they seems to not be cached anymore.

But I can't properly identify what causes them to invalidate the cache.

Edit:

Yes it happens on all Emby shortcuts.

Thanks

Edited by inkubux

marcelveldt

Sorry Yes I mean the widgets.

Once they are cached they are good for a bit (maybe an hour), after that they restart to load slowly.

Also when I navigate to the menus and come back to the main screen they seems to not be cached anymore.

But I can't properly identify what causes them to invalidate the cache.

Edit:

Yes it happens on all Emby shortcuts.

Thanks

Could you try the following:

Settings --> skin settings --> advanced --> disable auto-refresh for home menu widgets

inkubux

Could you try the following:

Settings --> skin settings --> advanced --> disable auto-refresh for home menu widgets

Unfortunately it didn't help. It is still slow at times on the RPI2.

But I can reproduce it:

1. On the home screen simply Hover each menu that has a Widget.

2. Once they are properly "cached",

3. Enter one of the section

4. Go back immediately to the home screen

When I do this on my RPI2 the Widgets ate pretty slow to load.

On my Macbook Pro (core i7) there is no such issue, but again there is a world of difference between an RPI2 and a Macbook Pro.

marcelveldt

Unfortunately it didn't help. It is still slow at times on the RPI2.

But I can reproduce it:

1. On the home screen simply Hover each menu that has a Widget.

2. Once they are properly "cached",

3. Enter one of the section

4. Go back immediately to the home screen

When I do this on my RPI2 the Widgets ate pretty slow to load.

On my Macbook Pro (core i7) there is no such issue, but again there is a world of difference between an RPI2 and a Macbook Pro.

Ok, thanks for testing. I will look into it

inkubux

Ok, thanks for testing. I will look into it

Thanks for this, I hope you find something interesting :)

saitoh183

@@marcelveldt

Hi marcel, i found a bug in the current beta that if you try to set any section in list view, it wont set. i was testing the views and changed episode from List to another view and i could not set List back again.

marcelveldt

Thanks for this, I hope you find something interesting :)

Does it happen on all widget sections ? If my theory is right the problem lies within the emby addon, because the widget content is processed without caching.

You could perform a simple test for this (if you like):

- Add the normal "All Movies" and "All TV Shows" section to your home menu

- Skin settings --> configure shortcuts --> Add --> Common --> Movies (and tv shows)

Check if these default sections are slow to load too. If they're fast, I'll check if we can add some caching to the Emby addon.

Also it may be good to know that in Isengard this is improved and Kodi itself provides the widgets and not the addon.

marcelveldt

@@marcelveldt

Hi marcel, i found a bug in the current beta that if you try to set any section in list view, it wont set. i was testing the views and changed episode from List to another view and i could not set List back again.

Good catch, will fix it right away and provide new beta later today.

inkubux

Does it happen on all widget sections ? If my theory is right the problem lies within the emby addon, because the widget content is processed without caching.

You could perform a simple test for this (if you like):

- Add the normal "All Movies" and "All TV Shows" section to your home menu

- Skin settings --> configure shortcuts --> Add --> Common --> Movies (and tv shows)

Check if these default sections are slow to load too. If they're fast, I'll check if we can add some caching to the Emby addon.

Also it may be good to know that in Isengard this is improved and Kodi itself provides the widgets and not the addon.

Just to be sure, If I do this,  do the movies or tv shows have to come from the add on, or I have to add them as a source in kodi ?

e123enitan

Hi Marcel, I just installed released addon on my Wetek, but i couldn't find titan skill inside skin folder, only Arctic Zephyr Skin is found.

Any other method of obtaining this i.e a download link.

Thanks