marcelveldt

marcelveldt

Hi Marcel-

Things are looking great, observations on Win7 and Android 4.4

• Fanart load faster, no lagging or delayed in posters for 1000+ movies, I have tried many skins, this the first time I have experienced anything faster –Wa-hoooo

• Response to remote commands are swift/snappy

• Loading speed for In/out of movies seems faster than previously reported

• Other cosmetics are brilliant, nothing I have come crossed

On Android the issue of Url &error script which peculiar to Android still persist, let me known if you need a log 

Thanks for your creative mind, dedication and your patience in dealing with my issues/resolutions

Regards

Eni

Great to hear!

I'm about to publish another beta with some more improvements so stay tuned ;-)

About the script error: please make shure to use my testversion of the mediabrowser addon.

I will update the repo-version right away so please take a look after the addon the updated

marcelveldt

new beta version pushed to the beta repo.

Version 2.1.33 for the gotham version and 3.1.33 for the helix version.

- More speed improvements

- fixed widgets problem after last update

- redesign movieinfo dialog

- fixed play buttons for MB3 movies/episodes from movie info dialog

e123enitan

Great to hear!

I'm about to publish another beta with some more improvements so stay tuned ;-)

About the script error: please make shure to use my testversion of the mediabrowser addon.

I will update the repo-version right away so please take a look after the addon the updated

You're awesome, I wish I could buy you a beer, but since you indicate No in another mail, I thought I continue to assist by providing with a constructive feedback, hope it helps, let me know specific request you may need to review from user’s perspective  and I hope I am not overwhelming you

:)

• Like 1

marcelveldt

You're awesome, I wish I could buy you a beer, but since you indicate No in another mail, I thought I continue to assist by providing with a constructive feedback, hope it helps, let me know specific request you may need to review from user’s perspective  and I hope I am not overwhelming you

:)

Oh, you can buy me a beer with the donation link at the first post in this topic ;)

But no need for that, I find it fun in improving the skin.

Oh, the new version of mediabrowser add-on is available on the beta repo, this should include the android fix.

dark_slayer

Fixed... It now works for both movies and tvshows.

Just use the normal XBMC infodialog.

I'll push new beta online later today

Awesome, works for me

I restyled the movieinfo dialog today and added a discart animation.

Please try latest beta (available within an hour) and let me know :-)

Cool, I see it in there. Top may be better than side  ;) but it looks nice the way you included it

Yes, that are tiles for your collections in MB3... I choose a while back to add the first 5 tiles by default with the skin.

Because the whole menusystem is very flexible now and users can add them for theirselves as they need, this is no longer needed. I removed them as of this build, it was kind of  a legacy thing.

Also there was an error in the last beta that caused the widgets to stop functioning. Is fixed in new release later today.

I have all widgets working now, but the skin still adds the MB3 collection tiles by default

I've not tried removing them manually just yet. I'll play around with it and report back

Lots of nice work in short order  :P

Not sure if it's worth commenting, but typically in your native VideoInfoDialog you would put "Play" first and "Trailer" second. This is since about 90% of the time you're looking to play whatever you selected, but every once in a while you hit "right" on your remote to play the trailer. Also, the trailers usually only show up in Movies, but I'm not sure how that is "typically" skinned?? Is it possible in Titan for you to make it conditional for movies and tv shows? I can't think of a situation where you could watch a trailer for a tv show episode

marcelveldt

Awesome, works for me

Cool, I see it in there. Top may be better than side  ;) but it looks nice the way you included it

I have all widgets working now, but the skin still adds the MB3 collection tiles by default

I've not tried removing them manually just yet. I'll play around with it and report back

Lots of nice work in short order  :P

Not sure if it's worth commenting, but typically in your native VideoInfoDialog you would put "Play" first and "Trailer" second. This is since about 90% of the time you're looking to play whatever you selected, but every once in a while you hit "right" on your remote to play the trailer. Also, the trailers usually only show up in Movies, but I'm not sure how that is "typically" skinned?? Is it possible in Titan for you to make it conditional for movies and tv shows? I can't think of a situation where you could watch a trailer for a tv show episode

1) Yeah, I decided to go for the side discart because there isn't much space. I'll play/try with it some further but I'm pretty shure that the top isn't very nice but I'll give it a try :-)

2) Those MB3 collection tiles will not be added anymore for new users only, if youé upgrading you won't looose anything. You can offcourse remove them by yourself or just reset the shortcuts to defaults.

3) Yeah I noticed too late (after pushing the update to repo) that the order of the buttons was wrong, will fix that :)

The trailer button should only be visible if there's a local trailer available, the YouTube trailer button will always display.

EDIT: fixed the order for the buttons in new beta v .35

Edited by marcelveldt
  • Like 1

e123enitan

Hi Marcel did add the textpatch in the latest repo which is meant to stop err Script and URL no server connection issue with Android box, it surprising no else raised same issue or I may have missed this in blog

Cheers

Edited by e123enitan

dark_slayer

1) Yeah, I decided to go for the side discart because there isn't much space. I'll play/try with it some further but I'm pretty shure that the top isn't very nice but I'll give it a try :-)

2) Those MB3 collection tiles will not be added anymore for new users only, if youé upgrading you won't looose anything. You can offcourse remove them by yourself or just reset the shortcuts to defaults.

EDIT: fixed the order for the buttons in new beta v .35

You're totally right about your disc positioning, top wouldn't look good at all with your videoinfo screen

The MB3 collection tiles did in fact disappear after I did a fresh install of Helix RC1 (I love how easy it is to demolish/restart an existing OpenELEC setup :-) though I'm getting a little remote control setup overkilled at this point)

Not sure that you are using github for titan, but have any other skinners communicated with you to find what your fix was for playing from the native dialog? I had hoped that mentioning it here would pique interest http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/13262-built-in-video-info-screens/?p=153788

marcelveldt

Hi Marcel did add the textpatch in the latest repo which is meant to stop err Script and URL no server connection issue with Android box, it surprising no else raised same issue or I may have missed this in blog

Cheers

The patch is applied to the current beta version available on the beta repo so no need anymore to apply my manual testversion.

It should all be okay...

I think the problem was related to your specific version of Android (maybe some old version ?), I don't know exactly, the only fix I did was is extra including some external components.

marcelveldt

You're totally right about your disc positioning, top wouldn't look good at all with your videoinfo screen

The MB3 collection tiles did in fact disappear after I did a fresh install of Helix RC1 (I love how easy it is to demolish/restart an existing OpenELEC setup :-) though I'm getting a little remote control setup overkilled at this point)

Not sure that you are using github for titan, but have any other skinners communicated with you to find what your fix was for playing from the native dialog? I had hoped that mentioning it here would pique interest http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/13262-built-in-video-info-screens/?p=153788

What I did was a workaround... My personal opinion is that the native info dialog should just work, I see absolutely no benefit in creating a seperate infodialog just for the MB3 add-on... So with trial-and-error I worked around the issues so make it work. Basically the problem was that XBMC gets the wrong contenttype reported by the addon. So for example you want to show the info dialog for a movie (from mb3 addon), the contenttype in xbmc was reported as "episode".

I think the other skinners know about this issue too (and how to fix it) but they tend to embrace the special infodialog from the add-on, it's a matter of personal taste/choice I guess...

What should be fixed is the fact that the contenttype is wrongly reported to xbmc. Yesterday I doscovered that this also the case in the player itself; a quick test learned me that while playing a movie, xbmc reports the content to be episode. This is something that has to be fixed in the add-on, for now I created a workaround in the Titan skin but that;'s not a solution in my opinion. I must say that I don't know all about that piece of code in the add-on but I'll shure take a look.

BTW: I forgot to ask; What do you think of the changes I made in the infodialog ? I had to rebuild the whole thing just to make some room for the discart and I'm curious if users like it better over what it was...

Edited by marcelveldt

dark_slayer

Cool, thanks for that info. How can you tell? When I press the i button during playback I see codec info and system stats, but never anything indicating episode vs movie

Hope you don't mind, but I'm going to cross post your info, because I think this should be further discussed

dark_slayer

BTW: I forgot to ask; What do you think of the changes I made in the infodialog ? I had to rebuild the whole thing just to make some room for the discart and I'm curious if users like it better over what it was...

I personally like it much better

Sorry, I know very little about skinning. I'd looked at mods like this before http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=198316 and thought it was just a simple edit, but to the unknowledgable I suppose everything is easy :-)

Thank you for moving the titan skin along these directions

I basically feel like without discart, YouTube trailers, clear art, actors, plots, etc there is not much to compel someone to use mb3 at all since PleXBMC had the posters and playback / watched status tracking longer ago. I never used that since it was so limited on the things I just mentioned. If my xbmc experience gets to that point I figure I might as well just have used a roku. That's my $.02 anyway, so thanks for fixing all that stuff in Titan

marcelveldt

Cool, thanks for that info. How can you tell? When I press the i button during playback I see codec info and system stats, but never anything indicating episode vs movie

Hope you don't mind, but I'm going to cross post your info, because I think this should be further discussed

You can't tell as user... This is something that the skinner knows in his code. For example there are checks with "Videplayer.Content(movie)" and stuff like that.

This is more something for the forum discussions about the addon itself. Like I said, I will shure take a look at that code in the addon but not everything in there is clear to me :)

I can/will take a look at this later this week. Please let me know where you created a new forum topic, we will move this conversation to there...

Edited by marcelveldt

marcelveldt

Thank for including the patch in the new repo, it seem the Error/URL have stopped.

I recalled, you had mentioned something is missing in my box hence the issue, and the need for the patch.

I am curious as to what the specific issue is, and other issues which may hinder the overall performance of my Android,

Apology as realized this not the forum for this sort question, but I thought may helpif I ask.

Thanks

Well, apparently on android we needed to include some extra libraries in the code to get it working on that platform.

I was a wild guess from me after reading your error logs and it worked ;-)

Please note that android comes in all kinds of flavours so impossible for us to keep up with that, sometimes we just have to find out about an issue because a user experiences it.

e123enitan

Thank for including the patch in the new repo, it seem the Error/URL have stopped.
I recalled, you had mentioned something is missing in my box hence the issue, and the need for the patch.
I am curious as to what the specific issue is, and other issues which may hinder the overall performance of my Android,

Apology as realized this not the forum for this sort question, but I thought may helpif I ask.

Thanks

marcelveldt

Is it reasonable to assume I should continue to provide log issues as part of the ongoing testing exercise if something will show up that could assist writing a code patch for my box? :)

If you experience any issues with the add on you may report this to the addons topic. But now its working fine right?

marcelveldt

Have you got netflixbmc working on helix rc2 with this skin? I just installed the latest (1.3.5 with yesterday's github commits) but I get script failed popping up.

Just wondered what build you used or if it's just that the Netflix plugin isn't helix ready yet and your comments are about the frodo version

Yes, mine is working although I haven't tried the latest git version yet. Will report you back tomorrow

e123enitan

Is it reasonable to assume I should continue to provide log issues as part of the ongoing testing exercise if something will show up that could assist writing a code patch for my box? :)

Edited by e123enitan

Have you got netflixbmc working on helix rc2 with this skin? I just installed the latest (1.3.5 with yesterday's github commits) but I get script failed popping up.

Just wondered what build you used or if it's just that the Netflix plugin isn't helix ready yet and your comments are about the frodo version

shaefurr

I just wanted to say that I personally think this skin is the best one ive seen from any client ive used, its just sooooo gorgeous. Plus it pairs perfectly with Steams big picture mode. Excellent skin, EXCELLENT!

It's actually finally pulled me away from MBT.

• Like 1

marcelveldt

I just wanted to say that I personally think this skin is the best one ive seen from any client ive used, its just sooooo gorgeous. Plus it pairs perfectly with Steams big picture mode. Excellent skin, EXCELLENT!

It's actually finally pulled me away from MBT.

Thank you for the kind feedback!

• Like 1

Have tried every single skin out there and just love this one. I do have a few requests that would - for me - make it absolutely perfect.

- The option to have the audio and subtitle sync bar (where you shift the subtitles or audio by x seconds) displayed as a full width bar at the very top of the screen, only using little space (certain subtitles tend to keep going out of sync so I'd have the sync bar open at all times to perform adjustments on the fly). Instructions on where to find this so that I can edit this myself would be an alternative I could defenitely live with if you don't want to include this

- Have the OSD standard active button be the subtitles button

Great work. Like I said, I absolutely love this skin.

shaefurr

Im curious if its possible to have the premiere date added to the TV show widget, since you cant access the info page on those items it would be nice to just have that displayed, maybe above the rating or something.

marcelveldt

Have tried every single skin out there and just love this one. I do have a few requests that would - for me - make it absolutely perfect.

- The option to have the audio and subtitle sync bar (where you shift the subtitles or audio by x seconds) displayed as a full width bar at the very top of the screen, only using little space (certain subtitles tend to keep going out of sync so I'd have the sync bar open at all times to perform adjustments on the fly). Instructions on where to find this so that I can edit this myself would be an alternative I could defenitely live with if you don't want to include this

- Have the OSD standard active button be the subtitles button

Great work. Like I said, I absolutely love this skin.

Hello, I'll skin the subs sync dialog next week. Also the default button for the OSD will be remembered.

A new beta will be available next week.

• Like 1