marcelveldt

jasonmcroy

The workaround seems to work. I have tested it several times, closed the program, opened again and it seems to be sticking now with the Bannerplex view. Only drawback is I have to individually change each TV Show to the Thumb view for episodes, but that is fine with me for now.

By the way, I really like the Poster Row view for my movies. It looks really nice.

Thanks again for all of your work!

-Jason

saitoh183

Only drawback is I have to individually change each TV Show to the Thumb view for episodes, but that is fine with me for now.

Yoou shouldnt have to. if you go in the xbmb3c addon and in the set view go in episodes and set the view you wish. this wont affected the other levels

jasonmcroy

Yoou shouldnt have to. if you go in the xbmb3c addon and in the set view go in episodes and set the view you wish. this wont affected the other levels

Thanks for your reply. However, setting the views in the xbmb3C addon is what was causing my issues noted above (my Series level views revert to whatever I have set at episode level even if I set it).

-Jason

marcelveldt

Thanks for your reply. However, setting the views in the xbmb3C addon is what was causing my issues noted above (my Series level views revert to whatever I have set at episode level even if I set it).

-Jason

Yeah, for some strange reason sometimes the xbmb3c addon "thinks" that the content is episodes while it is i fact shows... I noticed the same thing in the videoinfodialog where it would report episode for aboyt any content type. For now you can use the workaround (to not force the view and use xbmc behaviour) while we're looking for the fix.

I installed your last stable version of the skin and really like this - I will try out the beta later.

There were 2 things I noticed that I don't know if they have been spotted elsewhere or not or even addressed in the latest beta skin - if not let me know and I will see if I can reproduce and provide any additional information.

1 - when music is playing, selecting a view type doesn't seem to work properly...  this can be either something from the music library, or even when mediabrowser picks up the theme music from a series I have setup - whenever that is playing I seem to get locked on the current view and can not cycle through the other view options.

2 - Last night I selected a tv series episode, the episode played ok, but the overlay didn't clear fully, I had to press back several times to get to the main menu then again to view the episode properly.  This has only happened once

I am migrating over from mediaportal, so am waiting for Kodi point release then will go to that - at the moment am just testing the overall kodi setup and skin options.  Overall this is the most usable skin for me that I can access today - simple and easy to configure and familiar enough not to impact the family getting used to the change from MP to Kodi.  It also seems very stable so I look forward to using this when I migrate fully.

jasonmcroy

@Marcel

There was one other item I want to ask you about.

In the epg guide the spacing for the section that holds the name of the tv station and logo causes my logos to end up being squished. I have edited the pvr xml file and manually changed the spacing to allow my logos to have the room to not be squished. However, whenever there is a skin update I have to redo it.

I am not sure if you use live tv or not and/or have this issue yourself but I was wondering if you could make more room in that section or allow it to automatically adjust somehow?

Other skins I have used give my logos the room they need and look fine.

Thanks.

-Jason

marcelveldt

In the epg guide the spacing for the section that holds the name of the tv station and logo causes my logos to end up being squished. I have edited the pvr xml file and manually changed the spacing to allow my logos to have the room to not be squished. However, whenever there is a skin update I have to redo it.

Hi Jason, I use square TV logos myself so haven't noticed it ever.

Can you send me the modifications you made to the pvr xml file ? I'll include them in the skin...

marcelveldt

Quick request for fanart view in modern theme,

Could you add the title in plain text before the year when you choose to Show information. The reason is if you use this view for anime and are using the anime plugin, shows that have prequels\sequels, dont always have a logo of there own and some of us use the logo of the first series just to have a logo. So the logo doesnt always reflect the real name of the series. Since there is still alot of room on the top line when show info is enabled, just adding the show title would be a nice to have.

added, available in next beta

marcelveldt

I installed your last stable version of the skin and really like this - I will try out the beta later.

There were 2 things I noticed that I don't know if they have been spotted elsewhere or not or even addressed in the latest beta skin - if not let me know and I will see if I can reproduce and provide any additional information.

1 - when music is playing, selecting a view type doesn't seem to work properly...  this can be either something from the music library, or even when mediabrowser picks up the theme music from a series I have setup - whenever that is playing I seem to get locked on the current view and can not cycle through the other view options.

2 - Last night I selected a tv series episode, the episode played ok, but the overlay didn't clear fully, I had to press back several times to get to the main menu then again to view the episode properly.  This has only happened once

I am migrating over from mediaportal, so am waiting for Kodi point release then will go to that - at the moment am just testing the overall kodi setup and skin options.  Overall this is the most usable skin for me that I can access today - simple and easy to configure and familiar enough not to impact the family getting used to the change from MP to Kodi.  It also seems very stable so I look forward to using this when I migrate fully.

Hi Bob,

Welcome to the MediaBrowser community :-)

1 --> Fixed this is new beta version, available later today.

2 --> This was allready fixed a while ago but I think it's not yet available in the stable. please try out the new beta later today (when I published it) and let me know.

Regards,

Marcel

marcelveldt

@Marcel

There was one other item I want to ask you about.

I am not sure if you use live tv or not and/or have this issue yourself but I was wondering if you could make more room in that section or allow it to automatically adjust somehow?

Other skins I have used give my logos the room they need and look fine.

Thanks.

-Jason

Jason, I discovered the problem... In helix the default spectratio for images has become "stretched" which is something you definitely don't want as is squeezes all your images. that's why your icons were not good in the PVR view. I adjusted this and have given the icon some more room so if you could please try it out ?

Please replace this file manually, restart xbmc and let me know... If it's okay I'll update it in the skin.

I don't have any wide icons so I can't te for sure that it's okay now...

MyPVRGuide.xml

I believe you're using Helix so I send you the helix version of the file...

jasonmcroy

Jason, I discovered the problem... In helix the default spectratio for images has become "stretched" which is something you definitely don't want as is squeezes all your images. that's why your icons were not good in the PVR view. I adjusted this and have given the icon some more room so if you could please try it out ?

Please replace this file manually, restart xbmc and let me know... If it's okay I'll update it in the skin.

I don't have any wide icons so I can't te for sure that it's okay now...

attachicon.gifMyPVRGuide.xml

I believe you're using Helix so I send you the helix version of the file...

Yes, I am on Helix.

Excellent work! I just downloaded the xml and tried it and it looks great!

Thanks!

-Jason

marcelveldt

Yes, I am on Helix.

Excellent work! I just downloaded the xml and tried it and it looks great!

Thanks!

-Jason

OK, thanks for testing. Will add it to the skin update.

• Like 1

marcelveldt

is it possible to change the number of rows visible in the EPG in this skin? 

not yet... the current version is getting pushed to stable repo first.

After that I'm going to work on the PVR section by adding some addtitional views, tv category colors and settings for the EPG-rows.

marcelveldt

I've just pushed a new BETA version to the beta repo (version 2.1.30)...

This beta makes use of our new MediaBrowser skin helper service which we want to use for our MB3-compatible skins.

Please test it out and let me know if you have any problems.

Notice that you may have to re-add your custom collection items to your home menu, I'm not really sure if they get migrated.

Because of the big change the update is only available on the beta repo

e123enitan

Without a doubt Mediabrowser Titan skin is shaping up be a user-friendly, dynamic and a stable skin that been said
I have noticed a slow in the loading of posters both before and after playing a movie.

To understand the time taken to processed the load, I turn "show Load progress" so I able to
On the movies menu with1000+ I observed, it started slowly and pick up fast, towards completion it pursed, and then finished load, then Suddenly, it start the load process a again and the count number start flickering, then continue the process until it finishes

Also the “Error script and URL server connection” issue that was reported earlier have returned I think this could have been because of repo update on Nov29

Log Kodi1 attached

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vts2utiq7q90q1y/1kodi.log?dl=0
I reinstalled the test repo, but same issues although,

I noticed an improvement in fanart loading
Log Kodi 2 attached

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gssxkvn2rmsda1n/2kodi.log?dl=0

Thanks
Eni

dark_slayer

Hey marcel,

Thanks for checking on Titan's built-in videoinfodialog for me   http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/13262-built-in-video-info-screens/?p=149513

I'm not sure that I'm on the version that you were referring to in the post I linked, but I'm testing out 3.1.32 Helix right now and I'm not getting the built-in screen to play anything

Although, I can confirm Youtube trailers are working in movies  :D  :wub:

As far as testing goes, I typically try it by changing the default behavior (Settings->Videos->File Lists->Default Select Action --change to "Show Information")

However, I also tried with the default behavior set to Resume (which was once upon a time required to get xbmb3c to playback anything at all) then scrolled through both the TV Shows and Movie sections and pressed "i" to bring up the info screen ~ unfortunately neither way seems to work

dark_slayer

In other news, any chance to add an animated-from-the-left-or-right disc art to the built-in dialog? I think it looks really nice

Love your "Now Playing" screen BTW, looks very nice. I like that you animate the disc while playback is ongoing and de-animate it when "paused"

dark_slayer

Finally (sorry to make three posts, but I thought it might help to separate conversations) . . . 

Is there a particular reason why enabling "MB3 Mode" for Movies, Music, and TV Shows creates three additional shortcuts (Movie, Music, and TV Show) on the home screen? Then, both happen to take you to your MB3 library? However, deleting either set of them screwed up the widget-loading-from-mb3 for me??

marcelveldt

Hey marcel,

Thanks for checking on Titan's built-in videoinfodialog for me   http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/13262-built-in-video-info-screens/?p=149513

I'm not sure that I'm on the version that you were referring to in the post I linked, but I'm testing out 3.1.32 Helix right now and I'm not getting the built-in screen to play anything

Although, I can confirm Youtube trailers are working in movies  :D  :wub:

As far as testing goes, I typically try it by changing the default behavior (Settings->Videos->File Lists->Default Select Action --change to "Show Information")

However, I also tried with the default behavior set to Resume (which was once upon a time required to get xbmb3c to playback anything at all) then scrolled through both the TV Shows and Movie sections and pressed "i" to bring up the info screen ~ unfortunately neither way seems to work

Fixed... It now works for both movies and tvshows.

Just use the normal XBMC infodialog.

I'll push new beta online later today

Edited by marcelveldt
  • Like 1

marcelveldt

In other news, any chance to add an animated-from-the-left-or-right disc art to the built-in dialog? I think it looks really nice

Love your "Now Playing" screen BTW, looks very nice. I like that you animate the disc while playback is ongoing and de-animate it when "paused"

I restyled the movieinfo dialog today and added a discart animation.

Please try latest beta (available within an hour) and let me know :-)

• Like 1

marcelveldt

Finally (sorry to make three posts, but I thought it might help to separate conversations) . . . 

Is there a particular reason why enabling "MB3 Mode" for Movies, Music, and TV Shows creates three additional shortcuts (Movie, Music, and TV Show) on the home screen? Then, both happen to take you to your MB3 library? However, deleting either set of them screwed up the widget-loading-from-mb3 for me??

Yes, that are tiles for your collections in MB3... I choose a while back to add the first 5 tiles by default with the skin.

Because the whole menusystem is very flexible now and users can add them for theirselves as they need, this is no longer needed. I removed them as of this build, it was kind of  a legacy thing.

Also there was an error in the last beta that caused the widgets to stop functioning. Is fixed in new release later today.

Edited by marcelveldt
  • Like 1

e123enitan

Hi Marcel-

Things are looking great, observations on Win7 and Android 4.4

• Fanart load faster, no lagging or delayed in posters for 1000+ movies, I have tried many skins, this the first time I have experienced anything faster –Wa-hoooo
• Response to remote commands are swift/snappy
• Loading speed for In/out of movies seems faster than previously reported
• Other cosmetics are brilliant, nothing I have come crossed

On Android the issue of Url &error script which peculiar to Android still persist, let me known if you need a log 

Thanks for your creative mind, dedication and your patience in dealing with my issues/resolutions

Regards

Eni