marcelveldt

saitoh183

Yes it is but the change for the viewsettings was done only at xbmb3c level. but can't harm to also download the latest skin beta :-)

So get it from 1.02 or wait for 1.301 to be back up to get latest beta?

marcelveldt

So get it from 1.02 or wait for 1.301 to be back up to get latest beta?

Whatever you like ;-)

I would install the normal 1.0.2 repo because the beta repo is being renamed (so you can have them both installed at the same time).

That way you can get the latest skin version (the beta of titan skin is also available on normal xbmb3c repo, yeah I know it's confusing)...

For xbmb3c beta version I send you a direct downloadlink (as the beta repo is still under construction)

saitoh183

Whatever you like ;-)

I would install the normal 1.0.2 repo because the beta repo is being renamed (so you can have them both installed at the same time).

That way you can get the latest skin version (the beta of titan skin is also available on normal xbmb3c repo, yeah I know it's confusing)...

For xbmb3c beta version I send you a direct downloadlink (as the beta repo is still under construction)

ok i installed titan ver 3.1.27 but i dont see how to set different views for anime and tvshows. they both still change together

marcelveldt

ok i installed titan ver 3.1.27 but i dont see how to set different views for anime and tvshows. they both still change together

The change is in the xbmb3c add on, beta 0.9.716... Install that and into its settings select "disable forcing of views"

saitoh183

The change is in the xbmb3c add on, beta 0.9.716... Install that and into its settings select "disable forcing of views"

Ok it works as intended but there is a flaw is that we are now forced to also set views for each show at season level. What would be the best of both worlds. like in other skins you can set the the default view for episodes and season via xbmb3c view setting and not do it for series level and then you can set the series level for tvshow and anime individually. If i leave the option force views disabled, set the season view i want, turn the option on, only the show i initially set the view on will stick.

marcelveldt

Ok it works as intended but there is a flaw is that we are now forced to also set views for each show at season level. What would be the best of both worlds. like in other skins you can set the the default view for episodes and season via xbmb3c view setting and not do it for series level and then you can set the series level for tvshow and anime individually. If i leave the option force views disabled, set the season view i want, turn the option on, only the show i initially set the view on will stick.

That's exactly what the force views does... If you disable it, its up to xbmc to remember your preference and xbmc can have a different view for each show... In titan you can also set the default views, in fact it does that automatically if you change the view, off course except if you disable the forcing of views... Yeah, its a bit complicated...

saitoh183

That's exactly what the force views does... If you disable it, its up to xbmc to remember your preference and xbmc can have a different view for each show... In titan you can also set the default views, in fact it does that automatically if you change the view, off course except if you disable the forcing of views... Yeah, its a bit complicated...

Ok...but when i do a launch on the xbmb3c addon and go into the set views and choose any, i get a error

saitoh183

The error shouldn't be there, will look into it but like I said before, you don't need that option as the skin does that itself when you change a view... Do you still get it?

i know the skin does it but it does it at all levels and i just want it at season and episode level. I want the series level to not have a default view so i can then set them individually

saitoh183

i know the skin does it but it does it at all levels and i just want it at season and episode level. I want the series level to not have a default view so i can then set them individually

the problem with the set views is not titan related so i will open another thread

marcelveldt

Yes, that can be the best of two worlds you want... I will provide a fix for this tomorrow, is that okay?

What you will have than is a way to disable the forcing on a particular level, for example only for series and keep forcing for episodes...

marcelveldt

the problem with the set views is not titan related so i will open another thread

Is not a problem, It's a quick fix so no need for separate thread... Will fix it tomorrow for you.

saitoh183

Is not a problem, It's a quick fix so no need for separate thread... Will fix it tomorrow for you.

lol..too late :)

marcelveldt

lol..too late :)

lol... where did you create it as I'm allready working on it... :)

saitoh183

Quick request for fanart view in modern theme,

Could you add the title in plain text before the year when you choose to Show information. The reason is if you use this view for anime and are using the anime plugin, shows that have prequels\sequels, dont always have a logo of there own and some of us use the logo of the first series just to have a logo. So the logo doesnt always reflect the real name of the series. Since there is still alot of room on the top line when show info is enabled, just adding the show title would be a nice to have.

jasonmcroy

Jason,

I fixed the issues... New version is now uploading to the beta repo.

Please install the 2.1.26 version (or 3.1.26 is you're on helix) and try again.

Notice that it's on the beta repo...

Thanks!

Hello again. Well, after messing around enough just to get Kodi back to where I needed it, I have installed the repo and the skin again. Whew!

I noticed that you mention to install the Beta repo, but that one doesn't work at the moment from some other comments I saw. Is this still the case? If not I will re-download the Beta repo but I haven't because of what I was reading.

Anyway, with the Stable repo the watched icons turning off is fixed and the icons are not cut off anymore on the Episodes view in landscape.

However, the issue with the Bannerplex view reverting back to landscape after I exit and re-enter is still there for me. Is that only fixed via the Beta repo? I get confused with the different versions lately! lol

Otherwise it's working great!

-jason

marcelveldt

Hello again. Well, after messing around enough just to get Kodi back to where I needed it, I have installed the repo and the skin again. Whew!

I noticed that you mention to install the Beta repo, but that one doesn't work at the moment from some other comments I saw. Is this still the case? If not I will re-download the Beta repo but I haven't because of what I was reading.

Anyway, with the Stable repo the watched icons turning off is fixed and the icons are not cut off anymore on the Episodes view in landscape.

However, the issue with the Bannerplex view reverting back to landscape after I exit and re-enter is still there for me. Is that only fixed via the Beta repo? I get confused with the different versions lately! lol

Otherwise it's working great!

-jason

Well, because of all the confusion with the repo's I just publish the beta version of my skin on both xbmb3c repo's. The stable releases are on the official xbmc repo.

About the view reverting back: Could you open up the xbmb3c addon from "video addons" section and all the way on the button you have a "set views" item.

Please enter that one and check if the pannerplex view is assigned (it should be).

The Titan skin has a feature (soon te be added to the other skins too) that whenever you change a view it will automatically update this in the "set view" from the xbmb3c addon so it will always apply that view you choose. The xbmb3c addon just forces xbmc to use the view you have chosen. Now, based on your info I'm guessing that this sometimes fails.

Could you send me your xbmc logfile after the wrong view was applied ?

Maybe there's some error there indicating what went wrong..

Also maybe interesting to know... do you have the problems too with other views ?

Or does it also happen on other content-types ? So for example if you assign banner plex to movies and tvshows, will they both fail sometimes ?

Sorry for all the questions but I tried to reproduce the problem but I can't. Maybe this is because I only have a few tv series in my collection.

marcelveldt

Well, I wish I could report that it fixed the problem but it did not. However, the set views sections does show that Series level is set to BannerPlex.

I am getting ready to head out the door and will not be back until about 10:00pm tonight. I can play around with it more then if you have anything else for me to test by then.

-Jason

What I'm thinking is (and I noticed this behaviour myself too sometimes) that XBMB3C addon just sometimes sets the content to "episodes" instead of "tvshows" or the other way around. I don't know why exactly it does this but I remember @@im85288 saying he had this issue too one time.... We will definitely look into this and fix it, the problem is that I can't reproduce it currently as now my tvshow list works fine (but I don't have a large collection of tvshows currently)...

I suspect you'll have the exact same problem on the other skins too as it is the xbmb3c addon that forces the view...

Oh, what you can do as a temporary workaround is just set XBMB3C to disable the forcing of the view.

In that "set view" screen in the addon one of the options is to disable the forcing, please enable that for your tvshows and you have a temprary solution untill we discover why the detection is sometimes wrong....

jasonmcroy

Well, because of all the confusion with the repo's I just publish the beta version of my skin on both xbmb3c repo's. The stable releases are on the official xbmc repo.

About the view reverting back: Could you open up the xbmb3c addon from "video addons" section and all the way on the button you have a "set views" item.

Please enter that one and check if the pannerplex view is assigned (it should be).

The Titan skin has a feature (soon te be added to the other skins too) that whenever you change a view it will automatically update this in the "set view" from the xbmb3c addon so it will always apply that view you choose. The xbmb3c addon just forces xbmc to use the view you have chosen. Now, based on your info I'm guessing that this sometimes fails.

Could you send me your xbmc logfile after the wrong view was applied ?

Maybe there's some error there indicating what went wrong..

Also maybe interesting to know... do you have the problems too with other views ?

Or does it also happen on other content-types ? So for example if you assign banner plex to movies and tvshows, will they both fail sometimes ?

Sorry for all the questions but I tried to reproduce the problem but I can't. Maybe this is because I only have a few tv series in my collection.

Hi Marcel,

First, here is my last log: (file too big to directly upload so I used pastebin) http://pastebin.com/hGrVWdpG

I am not having the problem with views changing in any of my movie sections. It's only on TV Shows. I launched xbmb3C and looked in the set views section and there is nothing showing as having a set view. Whenever I click the folder section I would want to set a view for I get a pop up that says "this skin doesn't support set views".

I am also having the problem in TV Shows no matter what view I set the Series section to. It doesn't happen every time, but mostly every time. It doesn't happen if I go down to Season and Episode level and then back out either.

I just noticed something that may help you detect why it's happening. Whatever view I set the Episodes level to, that is the view that the Series level is resetting to. In other words, the reason it has been resetting to Landscape view, that is what I have my episode view set to. I just changed the Episode level to Extended view and now the Series level reverts to Extended view whenever I open the tile. I tried it again by setting Episodes view to Thumbs and now the Series level is reverting to Thumb view. It's trying to match the Episode level view for some reason.

-Jason

marcelveldt

I just noticed something that may help you detect why it's happening. Whatever view I set the Episodes level to, that is the view that the Series level is resetting to. In other words, the reason it has been resetting to Landscape view, that is what I have my episode view set to. I just changed the Episode level to Extended view and now the Series level reverts to Extended view whenever I open the tile. I tried it again by setting Episodes view to Thumbs and now the Series level is reverting to Thumb view. It's trying to match the Episode level view for some reason.

-Jason

Hi Jason, I've been working yesterday on a updated version of the xbmb3c addon with specific some fixes for the "set views" thing.

Another user reported some issues which were fixed with that latest beta version of the addon (0.9.717)...

Is it possible for you to also try that version and see if it fixes your issue ?

The beta version is on the beta repo but I think that one is still in trouble so I attached the file for you in this post:

plugin.video.xbmb3c-0.9.717.zip

jasonmcroy

Well, I wish I could report that it fixed the problem but it did not. However, the set views sections does show that Series level is set to BannerPlex.

I am getting ready to head out the door and will not be back until about 10:00pm tonight. I can play around with it more then if you have anything else for me to test by then.

-Jason