marcelveldt

marcelveldt

1. OK, that's very strange.  Yes, definitely in MB mode. When I first set things up, I noticed on the Home Screen menu there were two instances of both Movies and TVShows - on the far left and on the far right.  There was also a Collections item on the far right.  Since the ones on the far left were both blank initially, I deleted them.  I just did a reset, and again see two instances of Movies and TVShows along with one Collections.  They are all showing data from my MB server.  The strange part is that the TVShows item on the left side of the menu does actually show the data from "Next Episodes" though it's called "In Progress Episodes" like you describe, but the one on the right has "In Progress" just like before.  The other thing I notice is that the items on the left of the menu have more options (Recommended, Random, etc) whereas the ones on the right have only In Progress & Recently added.  What'd I do?   :)
  2. Wow, that's awesome, thank you.

Ah, Now I see what you mean... well those tiles on the end were just some custom tiles for your collections.

For example if you have have added a collection to your MB3 server for both kids movies and other movies you can create a tile for every collection. That way you can keep them seperate... It's a nice MB3 feature. I use it myself to seperate normal movies and 3d movies... The main movies tile will contain both but on my bedroom tv (which doesnt have 3d) I only use the normal movies tile.

I think a lot of MB3 users make use of these collections. Just add multiple movies folders to your library and you see what I mean. the tile will get the kabel set to the name you setup in MB3 server setup.

I hope this explains it a bit. Apparently I'm not using next episodes for those custom widgets... Will check soon if it can be easily added... For now, just use the normal tv-shows tile... (the one on the beginning)

marcelveldt

Maybe we should take this issue out of the titan thread since i dont think its a skin related issue anymore.

Yes, please post in the server thread.

For your reference, I just started up all my xbmc boxes and there were no lines in the log...

Your server just seems to be stuck in log debugging while the setting is turned off, strange :-)

puithove

Looks good, I like it.  I really appreciate it.

One other thing for when you have nothing else to do.  It's certainly not a priority item.  I do frequently use the codec info screen to troubleshoot playback issues or just for my own curiosity.  Looks like Titan doesn't skin it at all.  It doesn't have to look pretty, but it would be nice if the text didn't overlap and had a darkened background for readability.  Just something to think about.  I'll quit bugging you for now :)

jasonmcroy

Hi Jason,

Thanks for beta testing and reporting the issues.

1) As for the watched toggles: this seems like a bug to me, you mean the default skin watched images, not the images added by XBMB3C (green icons) ?

2) About the view not "sticking", this is either a bug in the skin or in the xbmb3c addon, I noticed lately that sometimes the contenttype gets set to "episodes" which isn't supported by those views. I will look into it and fix it off course.

3) For now it's safe to turn off "include people" and the "menu loader" service. I will apply default settings for the addon in next update.

I don't have time right now but tomorrow I will fix the issues and post a new beta.

Thanks again for testing. please let me know if you find anything else...

Did you try the new dynamic widgets ? Pretty cool feature as I say it for myself :-)

Add a tile for your favorite addon (like genesis for example), select "custom collection widget" as the widget and than press "assign custom widget content", you can than browse through your addons and select any entry point you want.

As this is kinda experimental feature I'd like some users to test it out :-)

You're welcome.

1) Yes, the default watched icons won't go away when I toggle them off. I always set the watched indicators in the plugin settings as I like those better. I can see the green icons under your blue ones! :-) I also noticed one other thing - in landscaped view on the Episodes level, it cuts off the top half of the image a little bit, so when I do use the Plugin watched icons I only see a small bottom piece of the check mark. It only does that on landscape mode and I assume it's how you have the size of the image set in the skin? I will set back to use your icons until updated.

2) Ok, cool.

3) Excellent, thanks.

-Jason

Edited by jasonmcroy

im85288

Hey @@marcelveldt - I noticed in a video put up of the skin that it's showing video backdrops :) I spotted it has the theme.mp4 showing in the now playing section. You can remove this in a similar way that the tvtunes addon does by adding a check for a new property I added: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/5485-skin-support-window-properties-available/ called mb3mediathemeAlive..or something like that! Just check to see if it's empty in a similar way to the tvtunesAlive property. This will also stop theme.mp3 showing too.

• Like 1

Well, just go into the skinsettings and remove the submenu items. Do not edit the include file yourself, there's a special edit screen for that

I've tried that. It just ends up showing the submenu but without any options :/ It just says "Movies" and then it's blank. Enter again simply removes the submenu. Might be a bug then?

Edited by JaneDoe

saitoh183

Oops, I think you've discovered a bug

I will fix it right away tomorrow.

Regards,

Marcel

Any chance you got into looking for a solution to using different views for Tv Shows and Anime (which is considered Tvshow type)?

jasonmcroy

Hello. I haven't been on here in a while as I have been doing other things. I have just now been updating everything with all the changes that were being implemented in the plugin and skins lately.

Things are looking great overall on this skin and working pretty good with the plugin. There are a couple of things I noticed while setting up the skin this time around.

Using the stable XBMB3C repo and plugin version 0.9.713 and Titan skin version 3.1.25 on Kodi Helix Beta3 I have 3 little things:

In any Movies view (I use a DVD tile and a Bluray tile, not just "all movies"), hitting the "hide watched indicator" toggle doesn't make the skin's default watched indicators disappear. I am using "Horizontal Panel" view.

In my TV Shows section, the "hide watched indicator" toggle works at Series level and Episode level, but not at Season level. I am using the BannerPlex view on Series level,  Horizontal Panel view at Season level and landscape view at Episode level.

The biggest issue by far though is whenever I set the TV Shows for BannerPlex at Series level, 4 out of 5 times I enter that tile, the Series level automatically changes to Landscape view. I have tried to reset it several times but it keeps happening.

These are all I have noticed at the moment.

I also have a question: In this skin, what (if any) Metadata modes (meaning the "Include People", Include Overview", etc.) can I deselect in the configuration panel of the plugin? Also, what Services am I safe to turn off in the Services setting of the plugin?

Thanks.

-Jason

marcelveldt

Any chance you got into looking for a solution to using different views for Tv Shows and Anime (which is considered Tvshow type)?

Yes, but we have to adjust the xbmb3c add on for that so that it wont force the view... will take a look tomorrow

marcelveldt

Hello. I haven't been on here in a while as I have been doing other things. I have just now been updating everything with all the changes that were being implemented in the plugin and skins lately.

Things are looking great overall on this skin and working pretty good with the plugin. There are a couple of things I noticed while setting up the skin this time around.

Using the stable XBMB3C repo and plugin version 0.9.713 and Titan skin version 3.1.25 on Kodi Helix Beta3 I have 3 little things:

In any Movies view (I use a DVD tile and a Bluray tile, not just "all movies"), hitting the "hide watched indicator" toggle doesn't make the skin's default watched indicators disappear. I am using "Horizontal Panel" view.

In my TV Shows section, the "hide watched indicator" toggle works at Series level and Episode level, but not at Season level. I am using the BannerPlex view on Series level,  Horizontal Panel view at Season level and landscape view at Episode level.

The biggest issue by far though is whenever I set the TV Shows for BannerPlex at Series level, 4 out of 5 times I enter that tile, the Series level automatically changes to Landscape view. I have tried to reset it several times but it keeps happening.

These are all I have noticed at the moment.

I also have a question: In this skin, what (if any) Metadata modes (meaning the "Include People", Include Overview", etc.) can I deselect in the configuration panel of the plugin? Also, what Services am I safe to turn off in the Services setting of the plugin?

Thanks.

-Jason

Hi Jason,

Thanks for beta testing and reporting the issues.

1) As for the watched toggles: this seems like a bug to me, you mean the default skin watched images, not the images added by XBMB3C (green icons) ?

2) About the view not "sticking", this is either a bug in the skin or in the xbmb3c addon, I noticed lately that sometimes the contenttype gets set to "episodes" which isn't supported by those views. I will look into it and fix it off course.

3) For now it's safe to turn off "include people" and the "menu loader" service. I will apply default settings for the addon in next update.

I don't have time right now but tomorrow I will fix the issues and post a new beta.

Thanks again for testing. please let me know if you find anything else...

Did you try the new dynamic widgets ? Pretty cool feature as I say it for myself :-)

Add a tile for your favorite addon (like genesis for example), select "custom collection widget" as the widget and than press "assign custom widget content", you can than browse through your addons and select any entry point you want.

As this is kinda experimental feature I'd like some users to test it out :-)

Hello

First of all I just wanna say I'm loving the Titan MediaBrowser skin for Kodi. I've hung on tightly to Simplicity even through it not being supported anymore and simply copying userdata and using workarounds to get it to work. Now is finally the time to retire Simplicity when I discovered Titan MediaBrowser.

Although I have one question about it. I'm not a fan of submenus but I love the dual tile row setup. I've managed to disable submenus on specific tiles through the script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml file but every time I open Kodi it resets to enabling submenus. Putting the file in read-only mode just makes Kodi/Titan MediaBrowser trying to rebuild the menu every single time I enter it and upon realising the file is read-only give an error message. So, is there any way to disable the entire concept of submenus when using the dual tile row setup without Kodi throwing an error message in my face every time I enter the menu? I don't mind digging through some xml-files and changing things to make it work :)

marcelveldt

I've tried that. It just ends up showing the submenu but without any options :/ It just says "Movies" and then it's blank. Enter again simply removes the submenu. Might be a bug then?

Hi, I've just checked the code and tried for myself. Can't reproduce your issue... Submenu is only called if there actually are items in the submenu. If you remove all items from the submenu it will skip the submenu and load the tile action directly.

What version of the skin are you using ?

Hi, I've just checked the code and tried for myself. Can't reproduce your issue... Submenu is only called if there actually are items in the submenu. If you remove all items from the submenu it will skip the submenu and load the tile action directly.

What version of the skin are you using ?

I'm on 3.1.15. Got it through standard XBMC repo I think. Old version?

marcelveldt

I'm on 3.1.15. Got it through standard XBMC repo I think. Old version?

A new version will be pushed to the XBMC repo in a few days.

Could you maybe try to install the beta version ? It is available on the xbmb3c repo (see first post)

A new version will be pushed to the XBMC repo in a few days.

Could you maybe try to install the beta version ? It is available on the xbmb3c repo (see first post)

I actually got a hold of 3.1.25 but still seeing the same behavior. Which version are you testing on?

marcelveldt

I actually got a hold of 3.1.25 but still seeing the same behavior. Which version are you testing on?

Testing with the .25 version...

Can you make a screenshot of what you mean?

Testing with the .25 version...

Can you make a screenshot of what you mean?

Took a menu reset before these screenshots. Then deleted everything in Movies submenu but left TV Shows as it was.

http://imgur.com/a/aMMTo

Movies is on it's way out because when I pressed alt it disappeared the first time. Had to be quick about it.

marcelveldt

Took a menu reset before these screenshots. Then deleted everything in Movies submenu but left TV Shows as it was.

Movies is on it's way out because when I pressed alt it disappeared the first time. Had to be quick about it.

Ah, now I see what you mean...

The title shows up even if there's no submenu... That's indeed a bug :-)

I will fix this right away and post a new beta version.

For now you can just disable "auto show submenu" in the skinsettings which will hide the submenu (and the title)...

EDIT: Didn't read your post good enough....

Trying to reproduce the error and I can't ;-)

The behaviour is just fine... If submenu is present and there are 2 rows of tiles it opens the submenu on press... If there's no submenu it will open the function directly.

You are saying that if you press the tile, the submenu appears (or at least the title) even if there's no submenu.

To narrow it down a bit more:

- what version of the skinshortcuts scripts do you have ?

- what version of the titan skin helper service do you have ?

- what version of kodi ?

- MB3 or regular libraries ?

I'm going to try it on my Helix machine now too, maybe some difference between gotham and helix...

Edited by marcelveldt

EDIT: Didn't read your post good enough....

Trying to reproduce the error and I can't ;-)

The behaviour is just fine... If submenu is present and there are 2 rows of tiles it opens the submenu on press... If there's no submenu it will open the function directly.

You are saying that if you press the tile, the submenu appears (or at least the title) even if there's no submenu.

To narrow it down a bit more:

- what version of the skinshortcuts scripts do you have ?

- what version of the titan skin helper service do you have ?

- what version of kodi ?

- MB3 or regular libraries ?

I'm going to try it on my Helix machine now too, maybe some difference between gotham and helix...

Exactly. After removing all the submenu elements the submenu still comes up with the title (but no items because they're deleted) when I click on a tile. Clicking Enter again simply returns me to select a tile so I can't go into any of the tiles that I've removed the submenu elements from.

Skinshortcut script version 0.4.3

Titan skin helper service version 1.3.1

Kodi 14 (Helix) Beta 3

Regular libraries

But as I said, disabling submenu in script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml did have the desired effect. Seems like the script is hell-bent on re-enabling submenus no matter if they're set to disabled in the script AND all submenu elements are gone from the menu.

Edited by JaneDoe

marcelveldt

Exactly. After removing all the submenu elements the submenu still comes up with the title (but no items because they're deleted) when I click on a tile. Clicking Enter again simply returns me to select a tile so I can't go into any of the tiles that I've removed the submenu elements from.

Skinshortcut script version 0.4.3

Titan skin helper service version 1.3.1

Kodi 14 (Helix) Beta 3

Regular libraries

But as I said, disabling submenu in script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml did have the desired effect. Seems like the script is hell-bent on re-enabling submenus no matter if they're set to disabled in the script AND all submenu elements are gone from the menu.

Thanks for the additional info... If you look into the (generated) script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml file at the movies tile, does it have a property "hassubmenu" with value "true" ?

In that case we're looking at a small bug in the skinshortcuts script maybe... In the meanwhile i'm still trying to reproduce ;-)

marcelveldt

Hi Saitoh,

I just published a new beta version of the xbmb3c addon, version 0.9.716

In this new version you have a setting called "disable forcing of views", please try that one out, it should have the desired behaviour.

Remember that if you disable this setting it's up to xbmc to "remember" your preferences, the addon will no longer force your preference for a certain viewtype.

Edited by marcelveldt

Thanks for the additional info... If you look into the (generated) script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml file at the movies tile, does it have a property "hassubmenu" with value "true" ?

In that case we're looking at a small bug in the skinshortcuts script maybe... In the meanwhile i'm still trying to reproduce ;-)

Yep it does. Changing that property to False disables the submenu but I'd have to set the file to read-only to stop the script from changing it every time I enter or rebuild the home screen.