marcelveldt

marcelveldt

@vidkun: please note I edited my previous post...

Please let me know if the instruction to reset the menu fixes your problem

@vidkun: please note I edited my previous post...

Please let me know if the instruction to reset the menu fixes your problem

Sure didn't. So I did a hard reset of openelec which basically blows away everything and leaves a default install. Installed the beta repo from zip file, installed media browser and configured it (and rebooted), then installed the Titan skin. Right back where I was. Can get to and play videos just fine going through programs, media browser, etc. However, the movies and tv shows items on the home screen do nothing.

marcelveldt

Sure didn't. So I did a hard reset of openelec which basically blows away everything and leaves a default install. Installed the beta repo from zip file, installed media browser and configured it (and rebooted), then installed the Titan skin. Right back where I was. Can get to and play videos just fine going through programs, media browser, etc. However, the movies and tv shows items on the home screen do nothing.

I don't see any reason why it doesn't work.. You've setup all correctly and it should work out of the box (as long as you enable mediabrowser mode in skin settings).

Would it be possible for you to provide me your Kodi logfile ?

Hi, things are a bit complicated at the moment as we're moving from a seperate helper addon for skins (which was justed by a couple of MB3 skins including Titan) to integration of that in the main add-on.

It looks like somewhere in the way I failed to keep things backwards compatible, the XBMB3C on official xbmc repo is a bit outdated and not compatible with the latest stable version of the Titan skin on official repo.

That said, you can fix this by installing the "MediaBrowser skin helper service", that should be the "glue" to fix things between the skin and addon.

So, if you want to use the stable version of the skin from official xbmc repo, please do install the "MediaBrowser skin helper service" from the XBMB3C repo, and offcourse the XBMB3C addon itself. That should work out of the box, remember to restart xbmc after you've installed the helper service. Also you have to enable "mediabrowser mode" in the skin.

For the best (and latest) support of MediaBrowser in the skin I suggest you install the BETA repository which contains the latest XBMB3C addon and latest version of the skin.

This is our new setup which doesn''t require a seperate addon anymore which make things easier.

This will very soon (after extended testing) also be pushed to official repo to solve all the confusions.

For now I can advice anyone for the best Mediaborwser support, install the BETA repo.

Please remember (!!) that the beta version of the skin is a seperate addon which you can install.

You can have both the beta and stable version installed on your system, keep that in mind (actually switch to the beta).

Sorry for this confusion. I will update the first post with this info and offcourse we'll make sure that the versions on xbmc beta will get updates asap.

Thanks for the response. I took your advice and downloaded and installed the BETA repo. In there is contained "Mediabrowser" which I presume is the new XBMB3C. After uninstalling the old skin and XBMB3C from the xbmc repo I installed the Mediabrowser and the helper script and then Titan and the helper script. Rebooted and Error .. Script failed when I try and connect to the server. The server is running credentials havn't changed. 

What next?

Edit:

Checked this and it appears Mediabrowser will only connect to the server if I input its IP address now. I previously used the server name which worked. Anyway can now connect to the server via IP address but the Skin still wont show me any movies!!

Edit 2:

A couple of reboots have done the trick . Now showing all movies etc..

Great skin, thanks a lot for all the hard work . It is sensational

Edited by dtaylor

I don't see any reason why it doesn't work.. You've setup all correctly and it should work out of the box (as long as you enable mediabrowser mode in skin settings).

Would it be possible for you to provide me your Kodi logfile ?

Yeah, but it'll probably be a few days. I'll make sure I get debug logs for kodi, mediabrowser, and MBS for you. I need them for another issue I'm having anyway.

marcelveldt

Thanks for the response. I took your advice and downloaded and installed the BETA repo. In there is contained "Mediabrowser" which I presume is the new XBMB3C. After uninstalling the old skin and XBMB3C from the xbmc repo I installed the Mediabrowser and the helper script and then Titan and the helper script. Rebooted and Error .. Script failed when I try and connect to the server. The server is running credentials havn't changed. 

What next?

Edit:

Checked this and it appears Mediabrowser will only connect to the server if I input its IP address now. I previously used the server name which worked. Anyway can now connect to the server via IP address but the Skin still wont show me any movies!!

Edit 2:

A couple of reboots have done the trick . Now showing all movies etc..

Great skin, thanks a lot for all the hard work . It is sensational

Thanks for reporting back thas it is fixed. Have fun with the skin and mediabrowser :)

Hi there, still in love with titan, just talking about the seek bar, can i jump the movie using the seek bar like so many skins? is there a setting that I'm missing

regards

shaefurr

Works fine here, mousing over the seek bar a small box shows up you can click and drag.

puithove

@marcel - I'm just experimenting a bit with HEVC (H.265) encoded files.  I noticed that Titan doesn't seem to have a media info icon for HEVC yet so it just shows the ? instead.  Just wanted to let you know.

marcelveldt

that is rk3188 tv box

thanks again

What version of the skin are you using ? This has been added about 2 weeks ago...

marcelveldt

when i hover over the seeker, its totally inactive ... any ideas?

And when you first click the screen to activate the osd? As I remember correctly the seeker is only visible when osd is active so not when only info is shown. You recognize osd when you see the player controls...

There should be a blue dot on the seeker bar.

Keep in mind this feature is only available in latest version of the skin. Current verdion is 2.2.11 for Gotham and 3.2.11 for helix

saitoh183

Hi @@marcelveldt

Titan helix :3.2.10

MBS :3.0.5464.40000

MediaBrowser :0.9.735

I have 2 xbmc user profiles and i have noticed that when i switch back to the profile that uses titan, im often forced to shutdown xbmc after it loads because the tiles are wrong. Basically the mediabrowser tiles are messed up. The tile that is suppose to be movies is playlist, the tile for Collections appears and other tiles disappear. I think the issue is the skin shortcut doesnt reload when switching profiles(dont see it load at top of screen). Some times it does run (see it at the top) but it loads really slow(like 2 to 3 mins) but still loads the wrong tiles or even blank tiles. Shutting down and restarting fixed the issue. maybe you could test this on your side. If your able to reproduce the behavior i can do it and post a log.

shaefurr

Took me a while to get around to it, but I emailed valve about using steams BPM sound files, ill let you know what I hear.

• Like 1

puithove

@@marcelveldt - Decided to try the version in the Beta repo - 3.2.11 - and am seeing a couple things

i-3qW2rgS-L.png

First - Notice that with the weather enabled, the new Kodi logo in the top left corner is overlaid.  I like having the weather there, but the two don't work well together :)  Maybe when the weather option is turned on, the Kodi logo should be automatically disabled?

Second - In previous versions of the skin, it was possible to set the widget type to "None" and it would basically get rid of the entire widget box (including shaded background overlay) for that tile.  I did this for the Live TV tile being displayed here so that when that tile was selected, the screen would show almost all background, no submenu (honestly my only reason for doing this was that I don't think the screen looks as nice with the blank overlay there vs. what you see when on Movies or TV Shows tiles).  It doesn't appear to do this now as what is shown on the screenshot is the results after I selected widget "None" for the Live TV tile.  Though if the look could be improved, then I'd be OK with having a widget here - maybe make the widget background box shrink to the size of the submenu items when there's just the submenu and nothing else.  I've played with "Hide widget panel background" option, but that kind of spoils the look a little overall.

Third - Also in the screenshot - you'll see submenu item "Channels" is using thumbnails from MBS channels (it rotates through them), not a static icon for my Live TV channels like the other submenu items.  I assume this is probably a naming conflict or something?  My personal preference would be to have no widget here for Live TV, but if it has to show the submenu, I'd like to find a way to clean it up a bit.

Edit:  One more thing spotted - this might be a bit harder to explain - there's a quirk that shows briefly when going between tiles.  Example - if I go from the weather tile to the settings tile, it'll briefly show the "Spotlight" item from my Movies section before disappearing.  I think it might be because of the fade effect because it's the same thing I see when moving from the Movies tile to Live TV tile where it'll fade out the spotlight - but when coming from the Weather tile, it's a bug.

Thanks a bunch!

Edited by puithove

marcelveldt

@@marcelveldt - Decided to try the version in the Beta repo - 3.2.11 - and am seeing a couple things

Thank you for spotting this. All should be fixed in latest beta (3.2.12). Could you give this a try ?

marcelveldt

Hi @@marcelveldt

Titan helix :3.2.10

MBS :3.0.5464.40000

MediaBrowser :0.9.735

I have 2 xbmc user profiles and i have noticed that when i switch back to the profile that uses titan, im often forced to shutdown xbmc after it loads because the tiles are wrong. Basically the mediabrowser tiles are messed up. The tile that is suppose to be movies is playlist, the tile for Collections appears and other tiles disappear. I think the issue is the skin shortcut doesnt reload when switching profiles(dont see it load at top of screen). Some times it does run (see it at the top) but it loads really slow(like 2 to 3 mins) but still loads the wrong tiles or even blank tiles. Shutting down and restarting fixed the issue. maybe you could test this on your side. If your able to reproduce the behavior i can do it and post a log.

Hi Saitoh,

Is it possible for you to switch to latest beta version (0.9.741) of the XBMB3C addon ?

The tiles and images are provided by the XBMB3C addon now, it isn't handled anymore by the skin itself.

So the skinshortcuts has nothing to do with the issue...

I just made a modification that reloads the tile images and titles when you switch the xbmc profile.

Please let me know if this works for you. I do not have muliple profiles so I can't test this myself.

saitoh183

Hi Saitoh,

Is it possible for you to switch to latest beta version (0.9.741) of the XBMB3C addon ?

The tiles and images are provided by the XBMB3C addon now, it isn't handled anymore by the skin itself.

I just made a modification that reloads the tile images and titles when you switch the xbmc profile.

Please let me know if this works for you. I do not have muliple profiles so I can't test this myself.

Ok will check this out tonight :)

puithove

Thank you for spotting this. All should be fixed in latest beta (3.2.12). Could you give this a try ?

Yes!  good stuff.  I like how you solved the submenu with no widget for the enhanced home screen.  

i-6KFqvXt-L.png

Edited by puithove

marcelveldt

Yes!  good stuff.  I like how you solved the submenu with no widget for the enhanced home screen.  

Yeah, I had to find a place for the submenu when there's no widget assigned and came up with this :-)

BTW: If you do not want the submenu you can simply delete the submenu items in the menu editor (skin settings)

saitoh183

Hi Saitoh,

using 0.9.745 and updated titan so far it seems fine but a new problem has arisen, I see the watched symbol for shows that are watched but i dont see the count symbol for unwatched shows nor do i see the mediabrowser count next to the series . the options are enabled and were working yesterday. This was before updating(thought update would have fixed it)

Edited by saitoh183

marcelveldt

using 0.9.745 and updated titan so far it seems fine but a new problem has arisen, I see the watched symbol for shows that are watched but i dont see the count symbol for unwatched shows nor do i see the mediabrowser count next to the series . the options are enabled and were working yesterday. This was before updating(thought update would have fixed it)

Yes, this is an issue in latest xbmb3c addon, will be fixed asap