marcelveldt

marcelveldt

Genres menu backdrops rotation works for Win7 not andriod box identical settings for addon and titan, any reasons? should I post a log of both system for comparison? -Thanks

Are you running same version of the addon and skin on both platforms?
  • Like 1

e123enitan

I will double check to dertemine, I do update daily so I would think both are at par, I shall keep you posted-Thanks for your efforts

andcbii

I'm having a lot of problems getting this skin to work. Selecting TV or Movies doesn't do anything. I hear the beep saying I've selected it but nothing happens. i know XBMB3C is setup correctly because if i go to Vidoes -> Video Add-ons -> XBMB3C everything works great. I'm not sure if you need the XBMC log or the MB3 log or both. I'm using version 2.2.0. I can view Movies and TV just fine using the Xperience 1080++ skin (i think this is the name)

Let me know what logs you need and i can post them. I really like this skin and want to get it to work. 

e123enitan

Attached are the links below: hope it will help in establishing why the backdrop on Andriod Genres did not populate

A-Kodi Log is for Andriod Kit Kat

W-Kodi Log is for Windows 7

Also I noticed in both systems that when I lunched movies menu it refreshe's twiced meaning after the of one run, it kick another load, this have happen before and reported, but it seems it has resumed again, I hope the log captures this issue.

Could this be addon issue or skin?

Thanks for looking into this.

Cheers

Edited by e123enitan

marcelveldt

I'm having a lot of problems getting this skin to work. Selecting TV or Movies doesn't do anything. I hear the beep saying I've selected it but nothing happens. i know XBMB3C is setup correctly because if i go to Vidoes -> Video Add-ons -> XBMB3C everything works great. I'm not sure if you need the XBMC log or the MB3 log or both. I'm using version 2.2.0. I can view Movies and TV just fine using the Xperience 1080++ skin (i think this is the name)

Let me know what logs you need and i can post them. I really like this skin and want to get it to work. 

Ah, I think you're missing a dependency...

Could you go to settings --> addons and look for mediabrowser skin helper service ?

Install that one (it's on the mediabrowser repo) and restart xbmc after that..

This dependency should be automatically installed if you install the skin from mediabrowser repo.

If you install from official repo it won't be installed.

We're in the process of solving this by merging the helperservice with the main xbmb3c addon.

blublub

Hi

I am a Mediaportal user. I like the MBS plugin however "out of the box" the integration at the moment in MP is lets say "below optimal".

Furthermore in MP the Titan Extended Skin is no longer supported and there is no Skin incl. an editor I have found to make other Skins look I like it (ie two rows of icons!)

So I decided to install KODI and just give your skin a try.

I have to say that thing is MINDBLOWING ! - Just WOW.

MBS integration - check

Link Buttons to specific MBS Menus - check

Submenus configurable - check

Standard Kodi menus possible - check

totally cutomizable - check

It really makes switching platforms an option once I figure out which TV backend to use.

e123enitan

Attached are the links below: hope it will help in establishing why the backdrop on Andriod Genres did not populate

A-Kodi Log is for Andriod Kit Kat

W-Kodi Log is for Windows 7

Also I noticed in both systems that when I lunched movies menu it refreshe's twiced meaning after the of one run, it kick another load, this have happen before and reported, but it seems it has resumed again, I hope the log captures this issue.

Could this be addon issue or skin?

Thanks for looking into this.

Cheers

Hi Just following on this issue, have had chance to review the issue?_thanks

Edited by e123enitan

marcelveldt

Hi Just following on this issue, have had chance to review the issue?_thanks

Currently looking into it..

• Like 1

blublub

What I cannot figure out is how I can select a channel in EPG view to only see EPG data for that channel? - in Mediaportal when you click "left" you end up on the channel and via "ok" button I can see the EPG data for that channel only.

In MP-Titan I keep clicking "left" and only the timeline moves!?

marcelveldt

What I cannot figure out is how I can select a channel in EPG view to only see EPG data for that channel? - in Mediaportal when you click "left" you end up on the channel and via "ok" button I can see the EPG data for that channel only.

In MP-Titan I keep clicking "left" and only the timeline moves!?

Maybe you have to press the info button ?

PVR (and commands) differ from MP but you can customize every bit of XBMC even the keymappings so maybe there's a workaround possible for you..

marcelveldt

You're wonderful, looking forward to your response :D

I just pushed out another beta version of the XBMB3c addon which contains fixes for the errors in your log.

I will also publish another version of the skin which will fix the artwork for Genres (backdrop and tile image) for you.

andcbii

Ah, I think you're missing a dependency...

Could you go to settings --> addons and look for mediabrowser skin helper service ?

Install that one (it's on the mediabrowser repo) and restart xbmc after that..

This dependency should be automatically installed if you install the skin from mediabrowser repo.

If you install from official repo it won't be installed.

We're in the process of solving this by merging the helperservice with the main xbmb3c addon.

Perfect! Thanks for the help. That solved my problem. 

• Like 1

e123enitan

I just pushed out another beta version of the XBMB3c addon which contains fixes for the errors in your log.

I will also publish another version of the skin which will fix the artwork for Genres (backdrop and tile image) for you.

Hi Marcel- Thz for the efforts-the backdrop artwork for Genres is know populating, but I noticed that, at times it pulls artworks from TV shows, the menu rotations is not working yet any suggestions,

Great progress work!

Cheers

marcelveldt

Hi Marcel- Thz for the efforts-the backdrop artwork for Genres is know populating, but I noticed that, at times it pulls artworks from TV shows, the menu rotations is not working yet any suggestions,

Great progress work!

Cheers

Hi, could you explain this a bit more detailed what you mean exactly ?

I don't really get it now :)

e123enitan

Hi, could you explain this a bit more detailed what you mean exactly ?

I don't really get it now :)

My BAD- First thanks for the efforts on the backdrop (BD) it work fine, except occasionally I see BD of TV shows in the Genres, I thought the each menu determine the BD, also any chance for making rotations work for menu , similar to TV shows menu rotations.

My other concern is, my box loads content twice, either movies or TV shows, I have the progress load turned on, to observed time taken to load content

What I noticed is that at the end of each process count "the process load start again", this behavior recurred frequently, just to be sure that the issue is not from Titan, I lunched Kodi default skin (confluence) and then load movies, the issue persist, hence I concluded it is media browser add-on issue.

xnappo

That happens when the cache is dirty.  It loads from the cache first, which if there hasn't been a change is faster.  Then if the server data is detected as different, it reloads with the corrected data.

If you believe that the server data and cache data should match, and that it is falsely detecting a change, please let me and @ know (in a new thread).

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

e123enitan

That happens when the cache is dirty.  It loads from the cache first, which if there hasn't been a change is faster.  Then if the server data is detected as different, it reloads with the corrected data.

If you believe that the server data and cache data should match, and that it is falsely detecting a change, please let me and @ know (in a new thread).

xnappo

Hi xnappo -How is it possible the server info diff to client, what could have change in the serve? So when the client load second time, due to the diff establish in the first load, I will expect on a going forward basis see one time load, but this not the case, the repeats continues almost every time the system loads movies, anyway i will document/and post activity log, hope this would reveal the root of the issue.

Cheers

Edited by e123enitan

I've come back to this skin after failing to get it working with MB3 content when I tried ten days ago. So, after an uninstall of the skin and the xbmc add-on for MB3 I have tried again.

Yes, I have selected the skin to use MB3 for movies and rebooted several times but still I can only access movies by going into Videos >AddOns>XBMB3C>Movies.. etc.. The homescreen shows the movies widget and sub menus but clicking on any of them does nothing!

Am I supposed to somehow change the shortcuts for these widgets to point them to the MB3 stuff??

Im using the stable release from XBMC repo.

Anybody ?

I've come back to this skin after failing to get it working with MB3 content when I tried ten days ago. So, after an uninstall of the skin and the xbmc add-on for MB3 I have tried again.

Yes, I have selected the skin to use MB3 for movies and rebooted several times but still I can only access movies by going into Videos >AddOns>XBMB3C>Movies.. etc.. The homescreen shows the movies widget and sub menus but clicking on any of them does nothing!

Am I supposed to somehow change the shortcuts for these widgets to point them to the MB3 stuff??

Anybody ?

This is my first shot at trying this skin and just installed last night. I'm using the beta repo, with the latest beta of MB3 for Kodi, the latest version of this skin in that beta repo, made sure the skin helper was installed as well, using the latest RC for OpenElec (helix), and the latest stable release of MB Server on Windows. 

That said, I'm having the exact same issue. Choosing movies or tv shows from the home screen makes the noise, but does nothing. Going through the add-on section into MB3, I can then browse my media and play from there. I have verified that the skin settings are set to use MB for all items.

marcelveldt

Anybody ?

Hi, things are a bit complicated at the moment as we're moving from a seperate helper addon for skins (which was justed by a couple of MB3 skins including Titan) to integration of that in the main add-on.

It looks like somewhere in the way I failed to keep things backwards compatible, the XBMB3C on official xbmc repo is a bit outdated and not compatible with the latest stable version of the Titan skin on official repo.

That said, you can fix this by installing the "MediaBrowser skin helper service", that should be the "glue" to fix things between the skin and addon.

So, if you want to use the stable version of the skin from official xbmc repo, please do install the "MediaBrowser skin helper service" from the XBMB3C repo, and offcourse the XBMB3C addon itself. That should work out of the box, remember to restart xbmc after you've installed the helper service. Also you have to enable "mediabrowser mode" in the skin.

For the best (and latest) support of MediaBrowser in the skin I suggest you install the BETA repository which contains the latest XBMB3C addon and latest version of the skin.

This is our new setup which doesn''t require a seperate addon anymore which make things easier.

This will very soon (after extended testing) also be pushed to official repo to solve all the confusions.

For now I can advice anyone for the best Mediaborwser support, install the BETA repo.

Please remember (!!) that the beta version of the skin is a seperate addon which you can install.

You can have both the beta and stable version installed on your system, keep that in mind (actually switch to the beta).

Sorry for this confusion. I will update the first post with this info and offcourse we'll make sure that the versions on xbmc beta will get updates asap.

marcelveldt

This is my first shot at trying this skin and just installed last night. I'm using the beta repo, with the latest beta of MB3 for Kodi, the latest version of this skin in that beta repo, made sure the skin helper was installed as well, using the latest RC for OpenElec (helix), and the latest stable release of MB Server on Windows. 

That said, I'm having the exact same issue. Choosing movies or tv shows from the home screen makes the noise, but does nothing. Going through the add-on section into MB3, I can then browse my media and play from there. I have verified that the skin settings are set to use MB for all items.

Thanks for your post. My apologies for the confusion.

See the previous post for the instruction to get it working. Please let me know if these instructions fixed your issue.

marcelveldt

update: I just found out that the MediaBrowser skin helper service had been removed from the repo.

Placed it back for the backwards compatibility with the stable skin version.

Thanks for your post. My apologies for the confusion.

See the previous post for the instruction to get it working. Please let me know if these instructions fixed your issue.

I'm not sure your post mentioned anything new for my situation. To clarify, I am currently running the following:

• MediaBrowser: 0.9.739
  • Titan MediaBrowser BETA (Helix) 3.2.10
  • Titan MediaBrowser Helper Script 1.4.0

Am I missing something that you said to install/change in that post?

marcelveldt

I'm not sure your post mentioned anything new for my situation. To clarify, I am currently running the following:

• MediaBrowser: 0.9.739
  • Titan MediaBrowser BETA (Helix) 3.2.10
  • Titan MediaBrowser Helper Script 1.4.0

Am I missing something that you said to install/change in that post?

Hmm, No you have setup all correctly... latest version of MediaBrowser addon (0.9.739) is compatible with both the stable version and the beta version of the skin.

I've just setup a freh install of kodi with stable Titan skin and the MB addon and it's working for me.

Let me do some more tests also with the beta version to see if I can reproduce your issue.

EDIT: also the beta version of the skin is working with the addon...

Well, I just remember something: Maybe you've used one of the other skins that utilize skinshortcuts before, like Conq or Refocus ?

In that case... Titan skin and some other skins share their menushortcuts.

This works really well for the default XBMC libraries but not always with the MB integrations.

Please go to skin settings --> configure menu --> reset home tiles

This will reset the menutiles to the skin default (recommended) settings.

Also please check that MB3 mode is enabled for movies (and tv shows) in the skin settings.

Edited by marcelveldt