marcelveldt

unfleshed

Confirmed skinshortcuts bug. I can reproduce it, but I can't see why it's happening. Give me a bit of time, and I'll track it down and update this post when it's fixed on git.

Edit: looks like this was a bug with additional menus (used for custom widgets) - if the additional menu has any items, the hasSubmenu flag is set to True, wether or not the actual submenu has any items. I'do appreciate if you could test the git version of skinshortcuts and confirm if the bug is fixed for you (that is to say, the hasSubmenu flag isn't set to True in script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml). You may need to trigger the menu to be rebuilt - easiest way is just to delete script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml.

https://github.com/unfledged/script.skinshortcuts

Edited by unfleshed
  • Like 1

marcelveldt

Confirmed skinshortcuts bug. I can reproduce it, but I can't see why it's happening. Give me a bit of time, and I'll track it down and update this post when it's fixed on git.

Thanks!

@@JaneDoe, the bug is confirmed by the author of skinshortcuts and will be fixed.

• Like 1

marcelveldt

Alright guys, thanks for help :)

Glad I could help with finding and hopefully removing a bug!

see the updated post of unfleshed --> could you tryout the updated version of the script ?

You have to download the gitversion for that (see link)

Edit: looks like this was a bug with additional menus (used for custom widgets) - if the additional menu has any items, the hasSubmenu flag is set to True, wether or not the actual submenu has any items. I'do appreciate if you could test the git version of skinshortcuts and confirm if the bug is fixed for you (that is to say, the hasSubmenu flag isn't set to True in script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml). You may need to trigger the menu to be rebuilt - easiest way is just to delete script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml.

https://github.com/unfledged/script.skinshortcuts

see the updated post of unfleshed --> could you tryout the updated version of the script ?

You have to download the gitversion for that (see link)

I downloaded the entire thing as zip and replaced the entire script.skinshortcuts folder with the new one. Unfortunately the problem is still there, just like before. And yes, I tried rebuilding the menu.

Edited by JaneDoe

unfleshed

I downloaded the entire thing as zip and replaced the entire script.skinshortcuts folder with the new one. Unfortunately the problem is still there, just like before. And yes, I tried rebuilding the menu.

Damn :(

As this isn't (directly) a bug with Titan, do you mind if I PM you to get a bit more information so I can get a better fix in place?

• Like 1

marcelveldt

You're welcome.

1) Yes, the default watched icons won't go away when I toggle them off. I always set the watched indicators in the plugin settings as I like those better. I can see the green icons under your blue ones! :-) I also noticed one other thing - in landscaped view on the Episodes level, it cuts off the top half of the image a little bit, so when I do use the Plugin watched icons I only see a small bottom piece of the check mark. It only does that on landscape mode and I assume it's how you have the size of the image set in the skin? I will set back to use your icons until updated.

2) Ok, cool.

3) Excellent, thanks.

-Jason

Jason,

I fixed the issues... New version is now uploading to the beta repo.

Please install the 2.1.26 version (or 3.1.26 is you're on helix) and try again.

Notice that it's on the beta repo...

Thanks!

unfleshed

@@marcelveldt - with JaneDoe's assistance, the issue has been tracked down to there still being a shortcut in the menu - it's looks to be one for when MediaBrowser is used as the backend, so isn't visible in either the menu editor or the main menu. So, the script is correctly reporting that there are submenu items, it's just that they're hidden.

I'm not sure how to approach fixing this in the script - the script can only know what the visibility condition of items is when it builds the menu, not at any time in the future, so it doesn't make sense to base setting the hasSubmenu flag based on whether any items are actually visible. I wonder if this could be worked around skin-side, rather than checking for hasSubmenu == True, check for Container.NumItems?

And a feature request :) Any chance of removing the skinshortcuts build command from the onunload of script-skinshortcuts.xml? If you edit a submenu, any changes made to the main menu are lost if the script finishes building the menu before the management dialog is closed :)

Edited by unfleshed

marcelveldt

@@marcelveldt - with JaneDoe's assistance, the issue has been tracked down to there still being a shortcut in the menu - it's looks to be one for when MediaBrowser is used as the backend, so isn't visible in either the menu editor or the main menu. So, the script is correctly reporting that there are submenu items, it's just that they're hidden.

I'm not sure how to approach fixing this in the script - the script can only know what the visibility condition of items is when it builds the menu, not at any time in the future, so it doesn't make sense to base setting the hasSubmenu flag based on whether any items are actually visible. I wonder if this could be worked around skin-side, rather than checking for hasSubmenu == True, check for Container.NumItems?

And a feature request :) Any chance of removing the skinshortcuts build command from the onunload of script-skinshortcuts.xml? If you edit a submenu, any changes made to the main menu are lost if the script finishes building the menu before the management dialog is closed :)

Thanks for your help! That explains why I couldn't reproduce the problem. I will provide a solution first thing tomorrow by checking the container count as you suggested and your featue request ;-)

saitoh183

Hi Saitoh,

I just published a new beta version of the xbmb3c addon, version 0.9.716

In this new version you have a setting called "disable forcing of views", please try that one out, it should have the desired behaviour.

Remember that if you disable this setting it's up to xbmc to "remember" your preferences, the addon will no longer force your preference for a certain viewtype.

i will test it out

marcelveldt

Hey @@marcelveldt - I noticed in a video put up of the skin that it's showing video backdrops :) I spotted it has the theme.mp4 showing in the now playing section. You can remove this in a similar way that the tvtunes addon does by adding a check for a new property I added: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/5485-skin-support-window-properties-available/ called mb3mediathemeAlive..or something like that! Just check to see if it's empty in a similar way to the tvtunesAlive property. This will also stop theme.mp3 showing too.

thanks for the info... fixed it...

marcelveldt

Looks good, I like it.  I really appreciate it.

One other thing for when you have nothing else to do.  It's certainly not a priority item.  I do frequently use the codec info screen to troubleshoot playback issues or just for my own curiosity.  Looks like Titan doesn't skin it at all.  It doesn't have to look pretty, but it would be nice if the text didn't overlap and had a darkened background for readability.  Just something to think about.  I'll quit bugging you for now :)

I skinned the codedinfo-screen, available in next beta (available this afternoon)

• Like 1

marcelveldt

I fixed the problem by checking the container count besides the hasSubmenu property.

As a reference/tip; maybe notice this in the readme of the script for other skinners, I got a bit lost yesterday about the cause of this "issue by design" :-)

Thanks again for all your help!

unfleshed

I fixed the problem by checking the container count besides the hasSubmenu property.

As a reference/tip; maybe notice this in the readme of the script for other skinners, I got a bit lost yesterday about the cause of this "issue by design" :-)

Thanks again for all your help!

To the best of my knowledge, hasSubmenu actually isn't mentioned in the docs at all because it's there for the scripts own use, when providing the whole menu in a single list. Still, it's a good suggestion, so I've updated the docs to suggest skinners don't rely on it in case there are hidden items.

(BTW: Are your only outstanding request for skinshortcuts the variable stuff and potential widget browsing? - though reading comments you seem to have got the latter down superbly well without any script additions. I'll be looking - certainly at the first one - this evening)

marcelveldt

To the best of my knowledge, hasSubmenu actually isn't mentioned in the docs at all because it's there for the scripts own use, when providing the whole menu in a single list. Still, it's a good suggestion, so I've updated the docs to suggest skinners don't rely on it in case there are hidden items.

(BTW: Are your only outstanding request for skinshortcuts the variable stuff and potential widget browsing? - though reading comments you seem to have got the latter down superbly well without any script additions. I'll be looking - certainly at the first one - this evening)

Thanks!

Yes, the only outstanding request is that variable stuff... For the widget browsing I created some sort of workaround altough it seems to work perfectly.

In fact I use skinshortcuts to browse the addons except I manipulate the string that the script returns. As a reference; while creating this custom piece of code I discovered that skinshortcuts doesn't handle urlencoded string very well, it just returns the decoded string instead of the encoded one. Don't know if any user has ever discovered this so maybe it's no big deal. I'll reply to your PM about the widget stuff (reminds me I still have to do that) :-)

marcelveldt

Something I just noticed: Covers in the widget are streched a little.

left: Widget of Titan

right: MB3 Webinterface

strange.. just looked at the code and it's set to "keep aspectratio" so no stretching is applied.

You mean the poster image in the upper right of the widget info-dialog ?

EDIT: nevermind, found it... fixed...

Edited by marcelveldt
  • Like 1

strange.. just looked at the code and it's set to "keep aspectratio" so no stretching is applied.

You mean the poster image in the upper right of the widget info-dialog ?

Yeah, thats the image I mean. Weird.

Edit:

nevermind :)

Edited by tube82

marcelveldt

Yeah, thats the image I mean. Weird.

Edit:

nevermind :)

fixed it.. it was set to "scale", apparently xbmc applies some stretching to that too, changed it to keep the aspectratio.

Available in next beta version available later today

• Like 1

marcelveldt

new beta version pushed to the repo with fixes for the issues as discussed earlier in this thread.

If this release is found stable it will be pushed to the official repo.

marcelveldt

Please try the latest beta of the skin (3.1.27 for helix)... I included the fix as suggested by Unfleshed by also checking the container-count

saitoh183

Hi Saitoh,

I just published a new beta version of the xbmb3c addon, version 0.9.716

In this new version you have a setting called "disable forcing of views", please try that one out, it should have the desired behaviour.

Remember that if you disable this setting it's up to xbmc to "remember" your preferences, the addon will no longer force your preference for a certain viewtype.

Beta repo 1.301 seems still broken right now...so i cant test anything

marcelveldt

Beta repo 1.301 seems still broken right now...so i cant test anything

Yeah, I think someone has started renaming the repo to beta...

I guess we have to wait untill the beta repo is fixed than...

For now, here's the manual downloadlink for the latest xbmb3c beta:

http://cdn.mediabrowser.tv/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/xbmb3c-beta-repo/plugin.video.xbmb3c/plugin.video.xbmb3c-0.9.716.zip

Edited by marcelveldt

saitoh183

Yeah, I think someone has started renaming the repo to beta...

I guess we have to wait untill the beta repo is fixed than...

For now, here's the manual downloadlink for the latest xbmb3c beta:

http://cdn.mediabrowser.tv/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/xbmb3c-beta-repo/plugin.video.xbmb3c/plugin.video.xbmb3c-0.9.716.zip

Thanks is the latest Titan with the views  change in the 1.02 repo?

marcelveldt

Thanks is the latest Titan with the views  change in the 1.02 repo?

Yes it is but the change for the viewsettings was done only at xbmb3c level. but can't harm to also download the latest skin beta :-)