marcelveldt

saitoh183

Questions about views. 

I was wondering why we couldnt have different views( at series level and for movies) for like Anime. I know Aeon MQ5 can accomplish this so i was wondering why cant Titan.

marcelveldt

Questions about views. 

I was wondering why we couldnt have different views( at series level and for movies) for like Anime. I know Aeon MQ5 can accomplish this so i was wondering why cant Titan.

Well, this is not possible because of the XBMB3C addon. The view is set at toplevel only (movies, tvshows, seasons, episodes etc)

So, I can tell you for sure that this won't work with MQ5 too....

With normal libraries XBMC just "remembers" what your last view was in a specific folder so that's why it works as you describe.

This can be a feature suggestion for the XBMB3c addon though :-)

If I have some extra spare time I can take a look to extend the addon for that.

Edited by marcelveldt

marcelveldt

My sister has mq5 (xbmb3c version) and she can accomplish this with xbmb3c.

Well, please let me know how she did that :-)

As far as I know, MQ5 doesn't have support for the MB3 user collections.

Also, the code in XBMB3C that sets the views is only at top-level.

Like I said, I think it's a nice feature request to extend the setting of views to the collection level but I'm sure it isn't supported now.

It's a limitation of video-addons in XBMC in general not the skin.

saitoh183

Well, please let me know how she did that :-)

As far as I know, MQ5 doesn't have support for the MB3 user collections.

Also, the code in XBMB3C that sets the views is only at top-level.

Like I said, I think it's a nice feature request to extend the setting of views to the collection level but I'm sure it isn't supported now.

It's a limitation of video-addons in XBMC in general not the skin.

I see, in AeonMQ5 we add the sections as Video node and add the mbs sections

marcelveldt

I see, in AeonMQ5 we add the sections as Video node and add the mbs sections

Yes, and than you get the default XBMC behaviour so that's why it works...

saitoh183

Yes, and than you get the default XBMC behaviour so that's why it works...

Ah...so That means we can archive the same thing in titan if we add via video library>video add-on>xbmb3c because that is basically what we do in mq5.

marcelveldt

Ah...so That means we can archive the same thing in titan if we add via video library>video add-on>xbmb3c because that is basically what we do in mq5.

Yes... I think so.

You would loose the tile images than but i guess it works.

Think it's better if I create a option that disables the forced view settings, than you get the default XBMC behaviour too

saitoh183

Yes... I think so.

Think it's better if I create a option that disables the forced view settings, than you get the default XBMC behaviour too

Well currently xbmb3c (v703)is broken with not being able to access the content via video-addon>xbmb3c>launch so i cant try it

saitoh183

Small bug i notice in the tile editing menu. If you want to move a tile up or down and you press the button repeatedly very fast, it will end selecting another item and move that one instead of the one you where moving 

saitoh183

Nope this doesnt work but this is the way we add them in MQ5 and we can have different views

Yes... I think so.

Yes we loose the tile images...any way to avoid that?

Xzener

Hey guys,

How do I change the tile images of the main screen? The ones for my VFs are blank, while Kodi's are populated with nice ones.

Also, in the info display of a movie, it seems as though the display color of the text is messed up. I will post a picture soon. BTW, how do I take a screen shot?? I recall back in the Xbox1 days, it was a certain controller button combo press.  ;)

marcelveldt

Nope this doesnt work but this is the way we add them in MQ5 and we can have different views

Yes we loose the tile images...any way to avoid that?

Let me check it out for you.

I think the best way is if we could disable the "force view" setting from XBMB3C but I'm not 100% sure..

xnappo

Just curious - why was this service causing stuttering?  Was it somehow hammering the network when there was a mismatch?

marcelveldt

Just curious - why was this service causing stuttering?  Was it somehow hammering the network when there was a mismatch?

Yes, but the service was only used when XBMB3C was used on the system so I didn't find out about the error in the first place.

Also, I have fixed this issue a long time ago but never updated the XBMB3C beta repo, so all users using that repo never got the updated version :(

For your reference; the service included the xbmb3c addon itself to get the artwork for the custom tiles.

The old version still used the old implementations (before the authentication changes) and the error detection was wrong, so basically it tried every 2 seconds to pull the images from the XBMB3C addon. Now thats all fixed and it does it only once and only if the XBMB3c addon itself has finished loading.

BTW: the helper service could be usefull for other skins too... I do not want to extend the XBMB3C addon with all kinds of custom mods for skins so I decided to include that in a seperate helper (just like how plex did that). Basically it just wraps around the window properties of xbmb3c and on top of that gets rotating artwork for user collections.

Edited by marcelveldt

xnappo

Yes - agreed - this method of adding things is much preferable to the addon itself becoming (more of) a massive beast.

Thanks for the explanation - it all makes sense now!

xnappo

marcelveldt

Yes - agreed - this method of adding things is much preferable to the addon itself becoming (more of) a massive beast.

Thanks for the explanation - it all makes sense now!

xnappo

Yes, that was my opinion too... If other skinners think they can use the helperservice too, I'd be happy to change it's name to just mb3helper or something.

marcelveldt

Hey guys,

How do I change the tile images of the main screen? The ones for my VFs are blank, while Kodi's are populated with nice ones.

Also, in the info display of a movie, it seems as though the display color of the text is messed up. I will post a picture soon. BTW, how do I take a screen shot?? I recall back in the Xbox1 days, it was a certain controller button combo press.  ;)

Make sure you use the latest BETA version of the skin with latest MediaBrowser and XBMB3C...

Since the new authentication of MediaBrowser things got broken in the helper service that's on the official XBMC repo.

I will update the versions on the official XBMC repo this week, untill than I can advice any MB3 users to use the beta (in fact MB3 special) version of the skin, which is available on the XBMB3c repo...

Oh, screenshot should just be the printscreen button as I recall XBMC places the file somewhere in a path you select.

marcelveldt

Hi marcelveldt,

I don't see titan in the beta repo. Is it only in the standard mb3 repo?

Yes, indeed....

Titan's stable versions are available on the official XBMC repo.

Beta versions (with latest MB3 features) available on the normal XBMB3C repo.

dark_slayer

Yes, indeed....

Titan's stable versions are available on the official XBMC repo.

Beta versions (with latest MB3 features) available on the normal XBMB3C repo.

Could the beta versions go in the beta repo?

Angelblue05

There needs to be a better way to deal with the repo....I honestly believe both stable and beta repo should be on the same repo. Maybe a discussion needs to happen....

marcelveldt

Could the beta versions go in the beta repo?

Now uploading, the skin will be available in both stable and beta XBMB3C repo from now on.