marcelveldt

marcelveldt

Hi Marcel,

When I tried to update it wouldn't do it. It did update the helper service. I waited a little while and tried to update again. It did show there was an update available, but every time I hit the update button it would do nothing.

So I finally uninstalled the 2.1.6 version hoping that would allow me to install the new version. However, it will not install the skin. Every time I hit the install button it just doesn't do anything. It does show it as version 2.1.7 in the pop up window. 

I waited a few hours in case it needed time to refresh on your end or something and I have hit force refresh numerous times on the addon folder but nothing is helping.

Do I just need to wait a while longer and try again?

-Jason

Hi Jason,

The repo can be a bit unpredictable sometimes when it comes to distributing the new files.

But.. I just checked and now it's there :-)

jasonmcroy

Hi Jason,

The repo can be a bit unpredictable sometimes when it comes to distributing the new files.

But.. I just checked and now it's there :-)

Hi Marcel,

Yes, I can see it in the repo (and it says version 2.1.7) however when I click on it I see a brief display of 0% where you normally see the download progress, but then that space goes blank again and it just doesn't download. I have tried it several times tonight and even now when I saw your post I tried it again. 

I have also tried it from the xbmc repo since it is listed there too, but same thing happens.

-Jason

Nevermind: I just tried to download another skin to see if that would work (it did) and then I tried Titan again and it's downloading now. Geez.  :)

Edit: Just to confirm - it downloaded fine and the text on the not in focus tiles is indeed gone. Thanks!

Edited by jasonmcroy

jasonmcroy

I noticed a new issue today. In a plugin that I use to download videos, there are some sources that use a Captcha screen. It starts by briefly showing you the Captcha letters and then the on board keyboard pops up. When that pops up, the Captcha screen disappears. This isn't a problem when it's a simple word to enter as I can always remember that but sometimes it's a complex set of letters. 

-Jason

marcelveldt

I noticed a new issue today. In a plugin that I use to download videos, there are some sources that use a Captcha screen. It starts by briefly showing you the Captcha letters and then the on board keyboard pops up. When that pops up, the Captcha screen disappears. This isn't a problem when it's a simple word to enter as I can always remember that but sometimes it's a complex set of letters. 

-Jason

fixed in upcoming new beta, will upload it later today (v.2.1.8)

• Like 1

saitoh183

So i updated to xbmb3c ver.603 and ever since im getting a a error that just stays on screen: URL error: Unauthorized

Using Titan Helix 3.1.7 Modern skin

here is the log (XBMB3C debug and kodi debug enabled)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ogpcry6dcwkfrc1/kodi_.log?dl=0

I tried resetting shortcuts, I tried updating Helix to latest build.

I noticed that the error breaks all widget functionality. Meaning that if i press up on a tile, widget dont appear. I tried removing all widgets from all tiles, still nadda.

Also i noticed that if i change Kodi profile( which will also change the skin) once the error has appeared, It will persist in the other profile which is using another skin. If i then close and re-open Kodi under the profile not using Titan, the error doesnt happen. If i then go to switch to the profile using titan, the error will appear.

I dont seem to have this issue on the Gotham version.

marcelveldt

So i updated to xbmb3c ver.603 and ever since im getting a a error that just stays on screen: URL error: Unauthorized

Using Titan Helix 3.1.7 Modern skin

here is the log (XBMB3C debug and kodi debug enabled)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ogpcry6dcwkfrc1/kodi_.log?dl=0

I tried resetting shortcuts, I tried updating Helix to latest build.

I noticed that the error breaks all widget functionality. Meaning that if i press up on a tile, widget dont appear. I tried removing all widgets from all tiles, still nadda.

Also i noticed that if i change Kodi profile( which will also change the skin) once the error has appeared, It will persist in the other profile which is using another skin. If i then close and re-open Kodi under the profile not using Titan, the error doesnt happen. If i then go to switch to the profile using titan, the error will appear.

I dont seem to have this issue on the Gotham version.

There is an issue going on with latest Helix builds, this was mentioned a few posts back...

In short: the skin initializes the xbmb3c plugin to set properties (like where to find the widget content). Because of the error in Helix this step fails and you have a problem. Also the skinshortcuts-script has this problem.

There is a temporary workaround for this:

Open up our addons-folder from Kodi and the plugin.video.xbmb3c folder.

Open addon.xml in a text editor.

You have to add another <extension> in the xml:

<extension    point="xbmc.python.script"

library="default.py">

</extension>

The result should look like this:

<extension    point="xbmc.python.pluginsource"

library="default.py">

<provides>executable video audio image</provides>

</extension>

library="default.py">

</extension>

saitoh183

There is an issue going on with latest Helix builds, this was mentioned a few posts back...

In short: the skin initializes the xbmb3c plugin to set properties (like where to find the widget content). Because of the error in Helix this step fails and you have a problem. Also the skinshortcuts-script has this problem.

There is a temporary workaround for this:

Open up our addons-folder from Kodi and the plugin.video.xbmb3c folder.

Open addon.xml in a text editor.

You have to add another <extension> in the xml:

library="default.py">

</extension>

The result should look like this:

<extension    point="xbmc.python.pluginsource"

library="default.py">

</extension>

library="default.py">

</extension>

Humm...still have the problem...here is what my addon.xml looks like

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addon  id="plugin.video.xbmb3c" 
        name="XBMB3C" 
        version="0.9.603" 
        provider-name="xnappo, null_pointer, im85288">
  <requires>
    <import addon="script.module.requests" version="1.1.0" />
    <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.1.0"/>
    <import addon="script.module.simplejson" version="2.0.10"/>
  </requires>
  <extension    point="xbmc.python.pluginsource"
                library="default.py">
  </extension>
  <extension    point="xbmc.python.script"
                library="default.py">
  </extension>
  <extension point="xbmc.service" library="service.py" start="startup">
  </extension>
  <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
    <platform>all</platform>
    <language>en</language>
    <license>GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE. Version 2, June 1991</license>
    <forum>http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/forum/99-xbmb3c/</forum>
    <website>http://mediabrowser.tv/</website>
    <source>https://github.com/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser.XBMC/</source>
    <summary lang="en">Browse and play local video, music and photo media file managed by the Media Browser Server</summary>
    <description lang="en">Browse and play local video, music and photo media file managed by the Media Browser Server</description>
  </extension>
</addon>

Ok...restarted kodi again but this time i also did a change. I had a "&" in my username...i removed it.

Edited by saitoh183

saitoh183

So now the tile image issue seems to have returned but only for the Kids-TV Kids-Movies Playlst and Collections. They used to show random backgrounds of the content they contained but now they just have the MB3 logo. I tried the reset and re-adding them. This is on both gotham and helix versions. My Anime and ufc seems to still work though

Edit

ok...it now uses the background set for the folder instead of random background of the shows/movies

Edited by saitoh183

marcelveldt

So now the tile image issue seems to have returned but only for the Kids-TV Kids-Movies Playlst and Collections. They used to show random backgrounds of the content they contained but now they just have the MB3 logo. I tried the reset and re-adding them. This is on both gotham and helix versions. My Anime and ufc seems to still work though

Edit

ok...it now uses the background set for the folder instead of random background of the shows/movies

Are these tiles you added from "mediabrowser collections" in the menu editor ?

I created a debug version of the helper-service script for you to narrow down the cause as I can't replicate the issue.

Please install the attached zip file to your xbmc install...

After you installed the debug version of the helper-service restart xbmc/kodi and let it run for a couple of minutes (untill you have all tiles populated including their images and widgets). After that close down xbmckodi and send me the logfile....

As the images are retrieved from XBMB3C addon the issue can be in that section so please send me a log file with the debig log from XBMB3C add-on ON and one logfile with that debug setting OFF. Sorry I have to ask you this but I really can't find where your issue is related to...

Thanks!

saitoh183

Are these tiles you added from "mediabrowser collections" in the menu editor ?

I created a debug version of the helper-service script for you to narrow down the cause as I can't replicate the issue.

Please install the attached zip file to your xbmc install...

After you installed the debug version of the helper-service restart xbmc/kodi and let it run for a couple of minutes (untill you have all tiles populated including their images and widgets). After that close down xbmckodi and send me the logfile....

As the images are retrieved from XBMB3C addon the issue can be in that section so please send me a log file with the debig log from XBMB3C add-on ON and one logfile with that debug setting OFF. Sorry I have to ask you this but I really can't find where your issue is related to...

Thanks!

Where is this debug addon?

saitoh183

ERROR: unmatched parentheses in Skin.String(HomeFocusColor

No home menu

This is on a fresh install of helix(installed helix, installed xbmb3c (no settings set), install titan)

Nvm...seems the kodi alpha build of  oct 27th is the problem

Edited by saitoh183

unfleshed

ERROR: unmatched parentheses in Skin.String(HomeFocusColor

No home menu

This is on a fresh install of helix(installed helix, installed xbmb3c (no settings set), install titan)

Nvm...seems the kodi alpha build of  oct 27th is the problem

There are known issues with recent nightlies builds of Kodi - look through the last couple of pages of this thread for the details but - in short - you'll need the git version of script.skinshortcuts (https://github.com/unfledged/script.skinshortcuts) and to edit xbm3c's addon.xml (look at the last few posts) if you want to run a recent Kodi nightly with this skin.

saitoh183

oops, forgot the attachment...

attachicon.gifscript.titanskin.helpers-debug.zip

Good news, I decided to start fresh with titan 3.1.9,XBMB3C 0.9.603 and Kodi nightlie oct 21st...and everything seems to work just great. All the tiles are showing artwork and background

Edited by saitoh183
  • Like 1

saitoh183

A request for the views:

could you add Logo support for :

Landscape Detail

Banner List

Extended

Big Panel details

Landscape

saitoh183

I just noticed that in 3.1.9 when setting the view at season level, it is not set for every show. I have to set it per show...this wasnt the case in the past version. But if possible it would be nice if you can fix it without removing the possibility of setting a individual view at series level. I like the fact that i can have a different view for Anime and TV shows even if they are both under TV. But if fixing the season level (and i assume episode level is the same problem) will make series level all have the same view, then so be it. 

marcelveldt

A request for the views:

could you add Logo support for :

Landscape Detail

Banner List

Extended

Big Panel details

Landscape

When I have some time left next week I'll fix that in.

I just noticed that in 3.1.9 when setting the view at season level, it is not set for every show. I have to set it per show...this wasnt the case in the past version. But if possible it would be nice if you can fix it without removing the possibility of setting a individual view at series level. I like the fact that i can have a different view for Anime and TV shows even if they are both under TV. But if fixing the season level (and i assume episode level is the same problem) will make series level all have the same view, then so be it. 

The behaviour you describe is the default XBMC behaviour, so if you use regular libraries. The XBMB3C addon forces specific views so in fact that shouldn't even be possible what you mentioned :-). I'll look into it, maybe it's an issue with latest xbmb3c version or Helix....

saitoh183

The behaviour you describe is the default XBMC behaviour, so if you use regular libraries. The XBMB3C addon forces specific views so in fact that shouldn't even be possible what you mentioned :-). I'll look into it, maybe it's an issue with latest xbmb3c version or Helix....

I tried the set views in xbmb3c addon but it says that the skin doesnt support it. it didnt do that in 3.1.7 and i was using the same xbmb3c. I will give the latest beta a try to see if it will change the behavior

marcelveldt

I tried the set views in xbmb3c addon but it says that the skin doesnt support it. it didnt do that in 3.1.7 and i was using the same xbmb3c. I will give the latest beta a try to see if it will change the behavior

For the Titan skin you don't need to set the views manually in the add-on as the skin will set those views automatically;

If you change the view for a certain media type it will save this setting for you in the XBMB3C preferences.

So, for example if you change the view for TV shows to Banner Plex, this will be saved to the settingsfile. Every time you open up TV Shows it will default to Banner Plex. Just the behaviour you get if you're using regular libraries.

saitoh183

Another request:

When adding a new tile, could it be possible to allow us to add video Nodes (Aeon MQ5 allows this). It would avoid having to make favorites. For example, I added a upnp for playon (yes we can add the channel playon from MBS but it doesnt support HD). In AeonMQ5 i could browse within playon and add the Netflix folder Or i can just add the playon path itself. So basically browse to Videos>Files>Playon

marcelveldt

Another request:

When adding a new tile, could it be possible to allow us to add video Nodes (Aeon MQ5 allows this). It would avoid having to make favorites. For example, I added a upnp for playon (yes we can add the channel playon from MBS but it doesnt support HD). In AeonMQ5 i could browse within playon and add the Netflix folder Or i can just add the playon path itself. So basically browse to Videos>Files>Playon

This is allready possible... in the menu-edit screen go to Addon-ons --> Video Addons and you can browse through any addon you want.

Is that what you mean ?

saitoh183

This is allready possible... in the menu-edit screen go to Addon-ons --> Video Addons and you can browse through any addon you want.

Is that what you mean ?

yeah i know about Add-on >Video addon but i want the Video Node....The section where you add and view sources...that contains Files, Video-addons

marcelveldt

yeah i know about Add-on >Video addon but i want the Video Node....The section where you add and view sources...that contains Files, Video-addons

OK, I get it, forgot to add that one. Now fixed and I'll push out a update later today.

EDIT: update is online. Please let me know if it's okay now.

Edited by marcelveldt

jasonmcroy

What update number should I be at for the Helix version of Titan? Mine is showing as 3.1.5 but I feel like you have released another update since then. 

If it matters, I am on the Beta Repo version. It is version 0.9.7 which also seems incorrect to me but now I am confused as it seems like there are several versions floating around. I downloaded the Beta repo from the forum link. 

Anyway, either way, the issue I described in an earlier post (this was when I was using the Gotham version) of the unfocused home screen tiles showing the title even when I have it turned off exists in the version that I am running. 

-Jason