marcelveldt

saitoh183

That can be true... What it does basically if you hover over the tile and you've set the background-option to fanart for that tile it will "tell" mediabrowser to use the images for that collection. So, if you hover over the "kids movies" tile it will only show kids movies fanarts etc. Apparently this doesn't work if it's a folder. Must confess I don''t use folders so haven't tested that yet. Will try it myself in a bit...

EDIT: can you describe me how I can replicate the issue ? What did you set in MB3 and on the skin's side to create the issue ?

In MBS

54455058dcbd6_MBS1.jpg5445506494357_MBS2.jpg

In Titan, Created a New Tile, Add Shortcut> MediaBrowser> Collection>Anime

Then i set the background to Random Fanart but had to set it to Single image

I use folder because i like to have my Anime and TV shows not in the same view ...Same with Movies and Kids movies.

Edited by saitoh183

saitoh183

I also just noticed that i dont see boxset when i open movies (folder) and I do when i look in MBS

5445523239cda_MBS3.jpg

marcelveldt

I also just noticed that i dont see boxset when i open movies (folder) and I do when i look in MBS

Yes, in XBMC you have to open BoxSets for that. As far as I know the boxsets won't be shown within the movies view.

saitoh183

Yes, in XBMC you have to open BoxSets for that. As far as I know the boxsets won't be shown within the movies view.

ok..so i have to add it as a tile

marcelveldt

ok..so i have to add it as a tile

Yes, or in the submenu

In the meanwhile I'm trying to replicate your problem with the fanart background on the collection folders.

Actually I can't replicate the issue. All backgrounds work just fine with me.

Maybe asking something Obvious but do the folders you've added actually contain fanart images ??

So If you open them, do you actually get fanart images/backgrounds on the items ?

Edited by marcelveldt

saitoh183

Yes, or in the submenu

In the meanwhile I'm trying to replicate your problem with the fanart background on the collection folders.

Actually I can't replicate the issue. All backgrounds work just fine with me.

Maybe asking something Obvious but do the folders you've added actually contain fanart images ??

So If you open them, do you actually get fanart images/backgrounds on the items ?

I tried it again on my tablet here is the result (this a fresh install of the skin)

5445ce7d40a3c_Titan.jpg

The anime with nothing in the tile is the one i added and the Anime with my backgrounds is the one that was automatically added after the skin installed. So how come it doesnt use my backgrounds when i add anime manually?

Also the widget seems to work with anime (the one added automatically) and i tried to add the widget to the one i added manually( choose custom widget) and it also seems to work but on my main media center i get a blank list do the same operation.

saitoh183

There is a problem with the Extended view at all levels. The list always starts with the first show/season/episode only half showing even they are first in the list

here is a example at season level but its the same at every level

5445d480c8b16_Titan1.jpg

marcelveldt

I tried it again on my tablet here is the result (this a fresh install of the skin)

The anime with nothing in the tile is the one i added and the Anime with my backgrounds is the one that was automatically added after the skin installed. So how come it doesnt use my backgrounds when i add anime manually?

Also the widget seems to work with anime (the one added automatically) and i tried to add the widget to the one i added manually( choose custom widget) and it also seems to work but on my main media center i get a blank list do the same operation.

OK, now I see what you mean... with background you mean the tile image...

There's a difference. You can set the tile's thumb (the picture for the tile) AND the background if you hover over it.

But you're right, it doesn't work as I can see in your screenshot. Will look into it further. Also a note for me to make more explaination in the skin for background and thumb.

Also on my main HTPC, every time i start Kodi, the titan helper fails

http://tny.cz/d74ba0fb

Ah, I think you've found the reason why your images won't work as the helper script is collecting them and presents them to the skin.

Will fix this.

There is a problem with the Extended view at all levels. The list always starts with the first show/season/episode only half showing even they are first in the list

here is a example at season level but its the same at every level

Nice catch, it should have a static position, will fix it.

marcelveldt

Published new beta version on the repo with the fixes for issues that where mentioned on the forums.
Gotham version: 2.1.2,  Helix version: 3.1.2

Please test and publish the results! When all stable I'll publish to main repo.

Edited by marcelveldt

saitoh183

Published new beta version on the repo with the fixes for issues that where mentioned on the forums.

Gotham version: 2.1.2,  Helix version: 3.1.2

Please test and publish the results! When all stable I'll publish to main repo.

will do my testing as soon as i can

saitoh183

Well, let me start with what works:

- Extended view is fixed

- Helper didnt crash when i started Kodi

- Under Collections, Names show up instead of Custom Locations

- Custom widget work

- Use random Fanart background seems to work

Now the issues

That can be true... What it does basically if you hover over the tile and you've set the background-option to fanart for that tile it will "tell" mediabrowser to use the images for that collection. So, if you hover over the "kids movies" tile it will only show kids movies fanarts etc. Apparently this doesn't work if it's a folder. Must confess I don''t use folders so haven't tested that yet. Will try it myself in a bit...

For this i was was talking about the tiles and background. in this new version, here is what i did:

Add new Tile

MediaBrowser>Collection>Anime

Result is : added a tile called Anime under settings on the left side

Went back to Main menu and Anime tile image was a anime poster.

Issues:

1 - Then i went back to the tile configuration menu and the Anime tile was now called Custom Location and if you click on the Label its the path to the mediabrowser item and not Anime name as when it was first added. Only Favorite Shows retained its name properly.

2 - If you go back to the main menu, The Anime tile image is still the same and does not change to another random image.(Seems to work now just had to be more patient :) ) Also if the image is a anime that is watched, you will see the MBS green watched icon in the top right. 

3 - If at any point you rename the label to counter the issue 1, the tile will not show any image. Random Fanart background still works

So far those are the stuff i found

Also For favorite show, I dont know if its because of issue 3(because its the only one that retains its name) but there is no random images in the tile
Edited by saitoh183

marcelveldt

Issues:

1 - Then i went back to the tile configuration menu and the Anime tile was now called Custom Location and if you click on the Label its the path to the mediabrowser item and not Anime name as when it was first added. Only Favorite Shows retained its name properly.

2 - If you go back to the main menu, The Anime tile image is still the same and does not change to another random image.(Seems to work now just had to be more patient :) ) Also if the image is a anime that is watched, you will see the MBS green watched icon in the top right. 

3 - If at any point you rename the label to counter the issue 1, the tile will not show any image. Random Fanart background still works

So far those are the stuff i found

Also For favorite show, I dont know if its because of issue 3(because its the only one that retains its name) but there is no random images in the tile

Thanks for the extensive testing!

I still can't reproduce your problem but the symptoms you describe indicate that the collection folders are (not yet) pulled from the server.

If you startup XBMC you must allow it some time to pull your collections and images from the server, this is done in the background.

If it doesn't get there even after a long time, I guess there's something wrong. Maybe a slow connection or some error I didn't expect to happen.

In that case you should see an error in your xbmc logfile, please send me that.

As for the label change: that will only make the problem worse as it also changes the pointer for the tile so he skin will have no clue what image to place there by default. I contacted the skinshortcuts author to check if this is intended behaviour or a bug. If intended I guess it's better if I remove the change label button as it will be very confusing to users.

As for the idicators you see on your images: why do you use the indicators in XBMB3C ? The skin has this support by default, no need for that.Only use that if you use a skin which doesn't support watched (and episode) indicators. Now you have them both ....

The tile image for the TV Favouite shows is something I forgot to handle, will do it right away.

Please do the tests I described earlier to narrow it down.

All signals indicate me that there's either an error with the connection to the MB3 server OR there is occurring an error in the XBMB3C or titanhelper script why those window properties aren't loaded.

saitoh183

I still can't reproduce your problem but the symptoms you describe indicate that the collection folders are (not yet) pulled from the server.

If you startup XBMC you must allow it some time to pull your collections and images from the server, this is done in the background.

If it doesn't get there even after a long time, I guess there's something wrong. Maybe a slow connection or some error I didn't expect to happen.

In that case you should see an error in your xbmc logfile, please send me that.

The Random images work after awhile. So its not broken, just need to give it time to pull images

As for the label change: that will only make the problem worse as it also changes the pointer for the tile so he skin will have no clue what image to place there by default. I contacted the skinshortcuts author to check if this is intended behaviour or a bug. If intended I guess it's better if I remove the change label button as it will be very confusing to users.

Is there another skin in the repo that uses this script that we can compare with? The thing that is weird is that when you add the new tile for the first time, it has the name of the collection and if you go into Set Label, The name of the collection is there instead of the MBS path(if you press done, it will break...you must press cancel). Once you leave the tile editing section and go back in, you will see Custom Location as the name (like how it used to be before you added the fix shortcut script. here are screens:

5447ab4c1b28b_TitanErr.jpg

5447ab7f62432_TitanErr2.jpg5447ab8d9268c_TitanErr1.jpg5447ab9fc76d6_TitanErr3.jpg

As for the idicators you see on your images: why do you use the indicators in XBMB3C ? The skin has this support by default, no need for that.Only use that if you use a skin which doesn't support watched (and episode) indicators. Now you have them both ....

Yeah, i was using that when i was using 1080FX...removed it but just wanted to signal the issue.

The tile image for the TV Favouite shows is something I forgot to handle, will do it right away.

Cool...Also movies. Another thing i noticed is that is that TV show Favorites and Movies Favorites dont seem to be utilizing the Custom Widget.

On a side note, I have a WAF request. would it be possible add some color schemes for the label overlay? On my TV when im not on a tile, it is impossible to read the name of the tile. Maybe put a combination like:

Not selected tiles = Label white

Selected tile = Label x  color (Red, Yellow, green, Sky blue,Dark Blue)

Shadow of Label area = best match for selected tile color u used (lighter shadow if its a dark color like Dark blue and current shadow color if its a light color like green)

marcelveldt

The Random images work after awhile. So its not broken, just need to give it time to pull images

Is there another skin in the repo that uses this script that we can compare with? The thing that is weird is that when you add the new tile for the first time, it has the name of the collection and if you go into Set Label, The name of the collection is there instead of the MBS path(if you press done, it will break...you must press cancel). Once you leave the tile editing section and go back in, you will see Custom Location as the name (like how it used to be before you added the fix shortcut script. here are screens:

Yeah, i was using that when i was using 1080FX...removed it but just wanted to signal the issue.

Cool...Also movies. Another thing i noticed is that is that TV show Favorites and Movies Favorites dont seem to be utilizing the Custom Widget.

On a side note, I have a WAF request. would it be possible add some color schemes for the label overlay? On my TV when im not on a tile, it is impossible to read the name of the tile. Maybe put a combination like:

Not selected tiles = Label white

Selected tile = Label x  color (Red, Yellow, green, Sky blue,Dark Blue)

Shadow of Label area = best match for selected tile color u used (lighter shadow if its a dark color like Dark blue and current shadow color if its a light color like green)

1. I guess you have a large collection so that's why it's taking a while for all the properties to be set, it can take up to a minute before the skin "knows" about all collections you have including the images. If it takes longer in your case then let me know please so we can take a look at the logging from the xbmb3c add-on.

2. About the "edit label" function. I discussed this today with the author of the skinshortcuts-addon and this is indeed an issue (or by design if you see it that way). I'll remove the "edit label" button for now untill this issue has been resolved in the addon. Besides that... You can change the label for your collection in the MediaBrowser server, the skin will automatically pick up the change. If you change the name manually it won't be doiing that anymore so in fact it's even better that the function to change the label is gone :-)

3. Just to be safe/sure I removed the watched overlay from the images beiing pulled from the MB3 server...

4. I'll do a quick fix for the label colors. To make it configurable will be on the "to do list" as I'm prepping to get this release stable for release to official repo.

Will get back to you once I have the new version ready for you to test. Oh while typing this message I found a quick fix to improve the speed of the art-retrieval, maybe this helps allready in your case.

saitoh183

1. I guess you have a large collection so that's why it's taking a while for all the properties to be set, it can take up to a minute before the skin "knows" about all collections you have including the images. If it takes longer in your case then let me know please so we can take a look at the logging from the xbmb3c add-on.

200+ TV shows, 500+ Movies 60+ Anime :) I will keep an eye on it. But after adding the tile for the first time, everything seems good. tiles are switch images at a regular interval.

2. About the "edit label" function. I discussed this today with the author of the skinshortcuts-addon and this is indeed an issue (or by design if you see it that way). I'll remove the "edit label" button for now untill this issue has been resolved in the addon. Besides that... You can change the label for your collection in the MediaBrowser server, the skin will automatically pick up the change. If you change the name manually it won't be doiing that anymore so in fact it's even better that the function to change the label is gone :-)

Really the only issue is the fact that the label changes back to Custom Location when you go back in.Which is annoying because since there is no description for the label, you are force to go back to the main menu screen to see which Custom Location name refers to which Folder name (hence the initial problem before the script change you made me try)

Would it be possible to remove the Label rename for only entries coming from Mediabrowser>Collections because we still need it if we want to make placeholder locations and need to rename it or if we add Favorite TV shows, the label will be Favorite TV shows and we can rename that in MBS.

4. I'll do a quick fix for the label colors. To make it configurable will be on the "to do list" as I'm prepping to get this release stable for release to official repo.

Will get back to you once I have the new version ready for you to test. Oh while typing this message I found a quick fix to improve the speed of the art-retrieval, maybe this helps allready in your case.

Great cant wait :)

marcelveldt

200+ TV shows, 500+ Movies 60+ Anime :) I will keep an eye on it. But after adding the tile for the first time, everything seems good. tiles are switch images at a regular interval.

Really the only issue is the fact that the label changes back to Custom Location when you go back in.Which is annoying because since there is no description for the label, you are force to go back to the main menu screen to see which Custom Location name refers to which Folder name (hence the initial problem before the script change you made me try)

Would it be possible to remove the Label rename for only entries coming from Mediabrowser>Collections because we still need it if we want to make placeholder locations and need to rename it or if we add Favorite TV shows, the label will be Favorite TV shows and we can rename that in MBS.

Great cant wait :)

The label rename will indeed only be disabled for the MB3 collections.

The issue you mentioned about the the label getting back to "custom location" is allready fixed by the author of skinshortcuts. The new version of his addon will soon be available on the main repo. If you want to give it a try before that please update to the gitversion: https://github.com/unfledged/script.skinshortcuts

saitoh183

The label rename will indeed only be disabled for the MB3 collections.

The issue you mentioned about the the label getting back to "custom location" is allready fixed by the author of skinshortcuts. The new version of his addon will soon be available on the main repo. If you want to give it a try before that please update to the gitversion: https://github.com/unfledged/script.skinshortcuts

yup...that fixes right up :)

• Like 1

marcelveldt

upload of new testversion is in progress, should be available within 1 hour on the repo.
Included fixes for the issues as discussed on the forum.
Feedback welcome as always :-)
Gotham version: 2.1.3
Helix version: 3.1.3

saitoh183

upload of new testversion is in progress, should be available within 1 hour on the repo.

Included fixes for the issues as discussed on the forum.

Feedback welcome as always :-)

Gotham version: 2.1.3

Helix version: 3.1.3

only issue so far is that both banner views dont highlight anymore

***edit***

Custom widget still doesnt work for Favorite TV shows 

***Update***

Seems that no matter which view i change to at the Show level, if i go to the season level and then got back to show level, it goes back to banner plex. Was using another view since banner plex is broken, but it keeps going back to it.

Edited by saitoh183

saitoh183

One more :) this only seems to be in classic mode

5449346a374b8_TitanErr45.jpg

5449347d59524_TitanErr4.jpg

Edited by saitoh183

marcelveldt

only issue so far is that both banner views dont highlight anymore

***edit***

Custom widget still doesnt work for Favorite TV shows 

***Update***

Seems that no matter which view i change to at the Show level, if i go to the season level and then got back to show level, it goes back to banner plex. Was using another view since banner plex is broken, but it keeps going back to it.

- will fix the banner view, didn't notice that.

- custom widget works for me on my testmachines. Did you re-add it after I released the new version ? Also keep in mind to manual set the widget to the custom widget.

- What is broken about the banner plex view ?

- I'll fix the submenu

Thanks again for you good and sharp feedback!

saitoh183

- custom widget works for me on my testmachines. Did you re-add it after I released the new version ? Also keep in mind to manual set the widget to the custom widget.

Ok it does work when i re-add it. Another thing, can the custom widget for favorite shows show latest eps and in-progress? Right now it only shows me Favorite shows...which is pretty useless since that is what tile is :)

saitoh183

Here are the stuff i fund about some views.

1 - Big Panel does not show any count/watch tag on posters

2 - In Showcase we only see a tag for when the entire series is watched but no tag with the episode count for shows that have unwatched content

3 - Panel, Panel detail,Large Poster...Half my posters are missing but they all show up in Big panel