marcelveldt

unfleshed

There's a bug in the last four or five Kodi night lies which does stop script.skinshortcuts running at all - the way that Kodi decides if a script can be run via the RunScript() command was changed, but the type of script that skinshortcuts presents itself as wasn't included. This will hopefully be fixed when PR5593 (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5593) is merged.

jasonmcroy

Wow! I am not sure what is happening with my setups today, but it seems like numerous odd things are occurring. (not just with the skin, in general with Kodi as well)

Just so you know, I reinstalled Kodi to hopefully correct a playback issue I seem to be having since the last two new versions have been released of the nightlies. 

Now, for whatever reason, when I installed the xbmb3c repo the helix version of Titan is not showing up in the list of skins, just the Gotham version. What is even more odd is the Gotham version of the skin doesn't show as incompatible like the other skins even though I know it isn't. 

Anyway, how do I get the Kodi version to show up? 

I am starting to think I should go back to installing Gotham until the Beta version of Kodi is released.

-Jason

saitoh183

I have encountered a issue with the Gotham version. It seems that my Anime, UFC, Playlist, Home videos tiles all use the Music artwork as random background (doesnt happen on the Helix version)

544ffade4d0ae_titangoth.jpg

And these are the tiles that are added when you activate Mediabrowser support in the skin

marcelveldt

I have encountered a issue with the Gotham version. It seems that my Anime, UFC, Playlist, Home videos tiles all use the Music artwork as random background (doesnt happen on the Helix version)

544ffade4d0ae_titangoth.jpg

And these are the tiles that are added when you activate Mediabrowser support in the skin

Thanks, I will look into it now. What version of XBMB3C are you using on Gotham and Helix ?

Maybe there's a difference there (just to be sure)...

BTW, I fixed the other issues you mentioned before :-)

saitoh183

Thanks, I will look into it now. What version of XBMB3C are you using on Gotham and Helix ?

Maybe there's a difference there (just to be sure)...

This one was gotham 13.2 my main HTPC is on helix and my second is on gotham. Helix...humm..KodiSetup-20141021-e235b13-master.exe

BTW, I fixed the other issues you mentioned before :-)

Woot!

Edited by saitoh183

marcelveldt

Oh, I thought that post was to you for the update to the skin. 

I tried to go to that link provided after I saw your post though and it goes to a 404 page that says I am not supposed to be there.  :huh:

I am happy to try it though.

-Jason

No, that was a message in general that there's an issue going on with Helix and the workaround for that.

Edited by marcelveldt

marcelveldt

Wow! I am not sure what is happening with my setups today, but it seems like numerous odd things are occurring. (not just with the skin, in general with Kodi as well)

Just so you know, I reinstalled Kodi to hopefully correct a playback issue I seem to be having since the last two new versions have been released of the nightlies. 

Now, for whatever reason, when I installed the xbmb3c repo the helix version of Titan is not showing up in the list of skins, just the Gotham version. What is even more odd is the Gotham version of the skin doesn't show as incompatible like the other skins even though I know it isn't. 

Anyway, how do I get the Kodi version to show up? 

I am starting to think I should go back to installing Gotham until the Beta version of Kodi is released.

-Jason

Well, helix is still in Alpha so issues can be expected. Especially if you're using the nightly builds that are actively worked on.

The Kodi version of the skin is available on the official xbmc repo, at the moment not on the xbmb3c repo because of the issues from earlier this week.

Is there a way to choose the scaling algorithm for images in skins?

I just noticed that the scaling that is performed by the skin is not very good. I'll attach a screenshot to demonstrate:

54501b5e63664_scaling.png

This screenshot shows the same 1920x1080 image. Once scaled by Titan, once in GIMP at 23% zoom for roughly the same size.

I'd say its pretty obvious which one looks better ;)

jasonmcroy

Well, helix is still in Alpha so issues can be expected. Especially if you're using the nightly builds that are actively worked on.

The Kodi version of the skin is available on the official xbmc repo, at the moment not on the xbmb3c repo because of the issues from earlier this week.

So far things have been working pretty well though up until the last two releases though. I am having video playback issues not related to MB or the plugin. I will try this one more time and if no joy I will just go back to Gotham for now. Thanks for your help!

I accidentally added a ")" to the end of the link to the git version of skinshortcuts. I've edited the post, and just in case, here it is again - https://github.com/unfledged/script.skinshortcuts

Ok, got it now. Thanks.

-Jason

marcelveldt

upload in progress for a new beta version (2.1.6 for gotham and 3.1.6 for helix)...

fixes for the issues described by earlier posts here and on the xbmc forum.

please try it out and let me know.

Oh, I've changed the overlay backgrounds in this version, hopefully now as final. Let me know if you like it.

Also new is the possibility to set the focus colors yourself for both the views and the home screen.

saitoh183

Can't reproduce this one, please compare if you're using same xbmb3c version on both helix and gotham...

Yes i am...even updated to version 603 and still the same issue

saitoh183

upload in progress for a new beta version (2.1.6 for gotham and 3.1.6 for helix)...

Oh, I've changed the overlay backgrounds in this version, hopefully now as final. Let me know if you like it.

Also new is the possibility to set the focus colors yourself for both the views and the home screen.

Cant wait to try!

saitoh183

Cant wait to try!

When i try to update the skin on gotham:

22:44:01 T:1216   DEBUG: FileManager: copy http://cdn.mediabrowser.tv/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/xbmb3c-repo/skin.titan/skin.titan-2.1.6.zip|Referer=skin.titan-2.1.5.zip -> special://home/addons/packages/skin.titan-2.1.6.zip
22:44:01 T:1216   DEBUG: CurlFile::Open(0D260E28) http://cdn.mediabrowser.tv/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/xbmb3c-repo/skin.titan/skin.titan-2.1.6.zip
22:44:01 T:1216   ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22)
22:44:01 T:1216  NOTICE: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Reconnect, (re)try 1

Helper worked. Is the upload finish?

marcelveldt

When i try to update the skin on gotham:

22:44:01 T:1216   DEBUG: FileManager: copy http://cdn.mediabrowser.tv/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/xbmb3c-repo/skin.titan/skin.titan-2.1.6.zip|Referer=skin.titan-2.1.5.zip -> special://home/addons/packages/skin.titan-2.1.6.zip
22:44:01 T:1216   DEBUG: CurlFile::Open(0D260E28) http://cdn.mediabrowser.tv/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/xbmb3c-repo/skin.titan/skin.titan-2.1.6.zip
22:44:01 T:1216   ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22)
22:44:01 T:1216  NOTICE: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Reconnect, (re)try 1

Helper worked. Is the upload finish?

Upload was finished but it can take 1 till several hours for the change to be replicated on the mirror servers so, please try again later.

As for the images in Gotham on your tiles: did you try "reset shortcuts" ? And what happens if you manually add your tiles ?

The shortcuts are saved to your profile so if the copy that you had in your profile still contained the error it had in the first versions, than it wont be overwritten by the skin. With "reset shortcuts" you get the skin's default.

jasonmcroy

I accidentally added a ")" to the end of the link to the git version of skinshortcuts. I've edited the post, and just in case, here it is again - https://github.com/unfledged/script.skinshortcuts

Ok, I am not as technically savvy as you guys. Can you tell me where I am to put this script? Do I download the entire zip file and unzip it or add it via xbmc? I apologize for my ignorance.

-Jason

unfleshed

Ok, I am not as technically savvy as you guys. Can you tell me where I am to put this script? Do I download the entire zip file and unzip it or add it via xbmc? I apologize for my ignorance.

-Jason

Download the zip from GitHub, extract it and replace the contents of the script.skinshortcuts folder in your addon folder with the contents of the zip. (Actually, just the updated addon.xml file is needed, but it's as easy to replace it all as it is the one file.)

For the location of the Addons directory look at the Kodi wiki page here - http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata - but replace "userdata" in the path for your platform with "addons". (And because the wiki hasn't been updated for Helix yet, you'll probably need to replace XBMC with Kodi in the path too)

Make sure to restart Kodi (if it was running) after copying the contents of the zip.

Edited by unfleshed

jasonmcroy

Download the zip from GitHub, extract it and replace the contents of the script.skinshortcuts folder in your addon folder with the contents of the zip. (Actually, just the updated addon.xml file is needed, but it's as easy to replace it all as it is the one file.)

For the location of the Addons directory look at the Kodi wiki page here - http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata - but replace "userdata" in the path for your platform with "addons". (And because the wiki hasn't been updated for Helix yet, you'll probably need to replace XBMC with Kodi in the path too)

Make sure to restart Kodi (if it was running) after copying the contents of the zip.

Ok. I found (I think) the correct folder. I saw the script located at C:>Users>Jason>Appdata>Roaming>Kodi>Addons>script.shortcuts

I replaced those files with the extracted zip from the link.

I am now able to at least select the Configure Menu Tiles but it will still not let me add a shortcut to my MB Collections. When I try to add a shortcut I then select "Media Browser Collections" and I get a pop up windows that says "No Shortcuts" "There are no available shortcuts available for the category that you chose."

I also still cannot even enter the default movies tiles located on the home screen.

Oddly enough though, the Widgets are being displayed on the home screen with my movies and tv shows. If I scroll up to those and select one of them they play just fine. 

Any ideas?

-Jason

EDIT:  I am able to add my media collections via the Favorites section. Does the skin not autopopulate the collections when you select MediaBrowser mode anymore?

Edited by jasonmcroy

marcelveldt

Ok. I found (I think) the correct folder. I saw the script located at C:>Users>Jason>Appdata>Roaming>Kodi>Addons>script.shortcuts

I replaced those files with the extracted zip from the link.

I am now able to at least select the Configure Menu Tiles but it will still not let me add a shortcut to my MB Collections. When I try to add a shortcut I then select "Media Browser Collections" and I get a pop up windows that says "No Shortcuts" "There are no available shortcuts available for the category that you chose."

I also still cannot even enter the default movies tiles located on the home screen.

Oddly enough though, the Widgets are being displayed on the home screen with my movies and tv shows. If I scroll up to those and select one of them they play just fine. 

Any ideas?

-Jason

EDIT:  I am able to add my media collections via the Favorites section. Does the skin not autopopulate the collections when you select MediaBrowser mode anymore?

Yes, it has to populate those automatically. Did you restart XBMC after changing the skin mode ?

The background service only populates the items every 30 minutes if MB mode is enabled.

Will change that because it's kind of logic to enable the skin mode and than directly go changing the menu :-)

Error in my thinking....

Where you able to figure out why the home buttons weren't working ?

jasonmcroy

I did restart xbmc. I will wait a bit and see if it autopopulates. No idea why the home buttons wont let me enter them. I can enter the home button I created via the Favorites but there are some views missing when I go into my tv shows (namely banner and banner plex).

-Jason

marcelveldt

I did restart xbmc. I will wait a bit and see if it autopopulates. No idea why the home buttons wont let me enter them. I can enter the home button I created via the Favorites but there are some views missing when I go into my tv shows (namely banner and banner plex).

-Jason

strange things going on with latest Kodi builds.. I have the same problems on my test machine. The exact same install of the skin works on Gotham and has all sorts of issues on Helix (that weren't there before). I'll try to figure out what's going on but maybe it's just some error in current Kodi build

unfleshed

I could be completely wrong here - and I'm nowhere near any machine I can test on - but the default action for the Movies button isn't RunScript(), is it? If so, it's probably the same bug faced by skinshortcuts - in this case though I don't believe xbmc.python.pluginsource can now be run by RunScript() (and isn't fixed by the current proposed PR). If not, just ignore me :)

marcelveldt

I could be completely wrong here - and I'm nowhere near any machine I can test on - but the default action for the Movies button isn't RunScript(), is it? If so, it's probably the same bug faced by skinshortcuts - in this case though I don't believe xbmc.python.pluginsource can now be run by RunScript() (and isn't fixed by the current proposed PR). If not, just ignore me :)

No, problem is that the window properties from the xbmb3c addon don't populate so that's why there's no data.

Could be an issue on the xbmb3c side or something to do with Kodi build. I'm currenty investigating it.