marcelveldt

Well, that's not good... Looks like something is off on the repo or my packages. For a temporary workaround you can try the following: Install the program/script "titanskin helper service" from the XBMB3C repo and after that install the Gotham skin. There currently is a dependency issue as the skin is allready updated and visible in the xbmc repo but the helper service isn't....

Hi. After enabling titanskin helper service, gotham version (in xbmc repo) is still showing as incompatible.

marcelveldt

Hi. After enabling titanskin helper service, gotham version (in xbmc repo) is still showing as incompatible.

OK, I'll try to figure out what's wrong

marcelveldt

Well, I found out the problem... The problem lies in the fact that the xbmb3c repo doesn't like two versions of the same skin (gotham and helix are the same with another version number and addon.xml file) together with the same version of the skin on native xbmc repo (as the main repo has also just been updated). I removed the Helix version from the XBMB3C repo but this can take a few hours to replicate to the cache servers so if you want to test it right now just temporary remove the XBMB3C repo, install the skin from native repo and you're all set. After that you can offcourse install the XBMB3C repo again.

To permanently fix this issue I will rename the skin on the XBMB3C repo...

Well, I found out the problem... The problem lies in the fact that the xbmb3c repo doesn't like two versions of the same skin (gotham and helix are the same with another version number and addon.xml file) together with the same version of the skin on native xbmc repo (as the main repo has also just been updated). I removed the Helix version from the XBMB3C repo but this can take a few hours to replicate to the cache servers so if you want to test it right now just temporary remove the XBMB3C repo, install the skin from native repo and you're all set. After that you can offcourse install the XBMB3C repo again.

To permanently fix this issue I will rename the skin on the XBMB3C repo...

Even with xbmb3c removed, still shows as incompatible in main repo. However, after re-adding xbmb3c repo, Gotham version shows and install fine.

Thanks.

When viewing, say, all movies, is there a way to go to the Info panel when selecting the movie instead of playing the movie? I used to use xbmc many moons ago and I could have sworn there was a setting for this, but I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks.

jasonmcroy

When viewing, say, all movies, is there a way to go to the Info panel when selecting the movie instead of playing the movie? I used to use xbmc many moons ago and I could have sworn there was a setting for this, but I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks.

In the config section for the xbmb3c addon itself you can changes this setting. Go to Configure>Interface>Select Item Action.

-Jason

In the config section for the xbmb3c addon itself you can changes this setting. Go to Configure>Interface>Select Item Action.

-Jason

Perfect. Thanks.

• Like 1

saitoh183

What's wrong with Banner Plex ? I can do a patch tonight but I don't see any issues :-)

It has the same problem as last time. The banners don't pop out when you move over them. Both banner plex and the other banner view. Edited by saitoh183

saitoh183

***Update***

Seems that no matter which view i change to at the Show level, if i go to the season level and then got back to show level, it goes back to banner plex. Was using another view since banner plex is broken, but it keeps going back to it.

This problem is also back

A couple questions after using the skin for a few hours:

1. Is it possible to have DTS-HD and Dolby True HD logos display if that is what the audio is? Right now it just displays DTS or Dolby Digital

2. Is the search option on the side menu meant for searching movie names? If so, it does not seem to work. Always returns no results.

3. On the movie info page, the movie ratings are some sort of non-north american rating. Is there a way to change this to Canadian, or even US ratings.

Overall, am really liking this skin. Nice work.

Edited by foghat
  • Like 1

marcelveldt

Even with xbmb3c removed, still shows as incompatible in main repo. However, after re-adding xbmb3c repo, Gotham version shows and install fine.

Thanks.

I had contact with the XBMC team and there's a chance that the skin is not entirely replicated on the servers so that's why the installation is a bit difficult currently. Will be fine in the next couple of days.

marcelveldt

It has the same problem as last time. The banners don't pop out when you move over them. Both banner plex and the other banner view.

You mean that they don't zoom in ? Uhm, actually they never did. They just get highlighted with a white or blue line.

While typing this message I see what you mean and that the highlight is missing on Helix at classic theme.

Please describe next time which theme you're using ;-)

Will fix it, available in a few hours.

marcelveldt

A couple questions after using the skin for a few hours:

1. Is it possible to have DTS-HD and Dolby True HD logos display if that is what the audio is? Right now it just displays DTS or Dolby Digital

2. Is the search option on the side menu meant for searching movie names? If so, it does not seem to work. Always returns no results.

3. On the movie info page, the movie ratings are some sort of non-north american rating. Is there a way to change this to Canadian, or even US ratings.

Overall, am really liking this skin. Nice work.

1. That support is allready in there. Apparently you have a movie which doesn't get recognized by either the skin or xbmb3c. I will look into it, maybe I can find something.

2. Yes, that's for search...It should search MediaBrowser but there currently is an error, will fix that one today.

3. Yes, will change that. It should automatically pick US ratings but I've seen that it picks German all the time...

• Like 1

saitoh183

Please describe next time which theme you're using ;-)

Will fix it, available in a few hours.

Sorry i always forget that there is a difference.

You might want to make the highlight a bit thinker because it gets lost on the screen when the banner is white a well

Edited by saitoh183

1. That support is allready in there. Apparently you have a movie which doesn't get recognized by either the skin or xbmb3c. I will look into it, maybe I can find something.

2. Yes, that's for search...It should search MediaBrowser but there currently is an error, will fix that one today.

3. Yes, will change that. It should automatically pick US ratings but I've seen that it picks German all the time...

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to the next version of the skin.

Regarding point 1 - it is for all of my hd audio movies. Fwiw, the audio profile on mediabrowser server is correctly identified.

jasonmcroy

I just reinstalled my OS and therefore needed to reinstall all of my programs.

There is an issue with the skin using Kodi/Helix that I have never had before. In the skin configuration screen nothing happens when I hit the button to configure the menu tiles. The other buttons seem to work in the config menu such as the area to go into Media Browser mode works fine. However, when I do switch to that mode, while it used to automatically populate my folders from the server (ie, TV Series, DVDs and Blurays) it is not doing that now and only displays the default tiles on the home screen (TV Shows, Movies, Music) which I usually delete after switching to MB Mode.

Strangely enough, I also cannot enter those default tiles on the home screen. When I select one nothing happens. The Live TV, Programs and Settings tiles work just fine. 

I have attached my log in case that helps.

Thanks.

-Jason

kodi.log

marcelveldt

I just reinstalled my OS and therefore needed to reinstall all of my programs.

There is an issue with the skin using Kodi/Helix that I have never had before. In the skin configuration screen nothing happens when I hit the button to configure the menu tiles. The other buttons seem to work in the config menu such as the area to go into Media Browser mode works fine. However, when I do switch to that mode, while it used to automatically populate my folders from the server (ie, TV Series, DVDs and Blurays) it is not doing that now and only displays the default tiles on the home screen (TV Shows, Movies, Music) which I usually delete after switching to MB Mode.

Strangely enough, I also cannot enter those default tiles on the home screen. When I select one nothing happens. The Live TV, Programs and Settings tiles work just fine. 

I have attached my log in case that helps.

Thanks.

-Jason

attachicon.gifkodi.log

Hi Jason,

What version of the skin and the helper service are you running ?

I noticed some error in your log that is fixed in previous version so I suspect you're using the wrong version of the skin.

You should be running version 2.1.5 of the skin and 1.1.6 of the helper service.

Please let me know. I'm about to upload a new version in a few hours with a few fixes but if there's anything wrong I can immediately fix that.

jasonmcroy

Hi Marcel,

The skin version is 3.1.5 and the helper service is version 1.1.6. (I think you meant 3.1.5 and not 2.1.5 right? I think the numbers for the Helix version start with 3 and Gotham starts with 2?)

Thanks.

-Jason

marcelveldt

Hi Marcel,

The skin version is 3.1.5 and the helper service is version 1.1.6. (I think you meant 3.1.5 and not 2.1.5 right? I think the numbers for the Helix version start with 3 and Gotham starts with 2?)

Thanks.

-Jason

Sorry, yes I meant 3.1.5... Helix versions indeed start with 3.

Did you install from XBMC repo or from XBMB3C repo ?

This is a strange problem... the default tiles (you get out of the box) should normally adjust to XBMB3C when you switch to MB mode...

Also that the sort home is not working is even more strange... Looks like the whole skinshortcuts script doesn't want to load.

I will do a fresh install on my testmachine to try reproduce your problem... In the meanwhile... did you install a specific version of Helix ?

marcelveldt

Is there a way to choose the scaling algorithm for images in skins?

I just noticed that the scaling that is performed by the skin is not very good. I'll attach a screenshot to demonstrate:

This screenshot shows the same 1920x1080 image. Once scaled by Titan, once in GIMP at 23% zoom for roughly the same size.

I'd say its pretty obvious which one looks better ;)

No there isn't, it's set to use scale instead of stretch so images look best BUT.... if the fanart image is used the whole 1080p image gets loaded in a small area and that's where it goes wrong... I've seen in recent xbmb3c code that there are smaller images available, I'll try out some code to prefer those.

So, YES you can choose in your skin to use for example stretch on the images but that will even get the images worse...

I'll adjust some code in next version that uses the smaller images (if available), please try it out if you want.

EDIT: allready fixed it and as far as I can look it just looks much better.... Haven't tried it on my TV yet but on my dev machine it's looking good :-)

Please try out next version I'll upload in a bit.

Edited by marcelveldt

jasonmcroy

I installed from the XBMB3C repo. (the stable version not the beta)

Yes, I have never had this issue in any of my prior installations of the skin, it's always worked just fine.

However, the one difference, and maybe this matters, I installed the latest nightly build of Helix (the one dated 28 October on the downloads page). I had to try that one as the previous versions were causing an issue with my video playback (the video would speed up suddenly about every 5 minutes very briefly and then resume normal play). The latest download version solved that issue.

I can try to reinstall the skin and plugin in case that may help if you're not able to reproduce the issue.

-Jason

marcelveldt

Yes, I have never had this issue in any of my prior installations of the skin, it's always worked just fine.

However, the one difference, and maybe this matters, I installed the latest nightly build of Helix (the one dated 28 October on the downloads page). I had to try that one as the previous versions were causing an issue with my video playback (the video would speed up suddenly about every 5 minutes very briefly and then resume normal play). The latest download version solved that issue.

I can try to reinstall the skin and plugin in case that may help if you're not able to reproduce the issue.

-Jason

Did you try the workaround Jason ?

marcelveldt

I have encountered a issue with the Gotham version. It seems that my Anime, UFC, Playlist, Home videos tiles all use the Music artwork as random background (doesnt happen on the Helix version)

And these are the tiles that are added when you activate Mediabrowser support in the skin

Can't reproduce this one, please compare if you're using same xbmb3c version on both helix and gotham...

jasonmcroy

Did you try the workaround Jason ?

Oh, I thought that post was to you for the update to the skin. 

I tried to go to that link provided after I saw your post though and it goes to a 404 page that says I am not supposed to be there.  :huh:

I am happy to try it though.

-Jason

marcelveldt

-Jason

I can confirm your problem... latest version of Kodi and I'm having the same problem.

I'll try to figure out what's wrong! Just a moment :-)

• Like 1