marcelveldt

jasonmcroy

There is some discussion on the thread for the other Helix skin 1080XF of some having the same issue where they can't enter their Movie tiles and TV Shows. I loaded that skin just to see and it is the same issue. All the artwork is being pulled bit I can't enter any of the tiles. If I open the addon itself I can enter my collections from there though.

And, like I posted before, setting up a Favorites tile let's me enter it as well.

-Jason

marcelveldt

I could be completely wrong here - and I'm nowhere near any machine I can test on - but the default action for the Movies button isn't RunScript(), is it? If so, it's probably the same bug faced by skinshortcuts - in this case though I don't believe xbmc.python.pluginsource can now be run by RunScript() (and isn't fixed by the current proposed PR). If not, just ignore me :)

Damn... point is that the initialize to load those properties in indeed done by RunScript :-)

So it's indeed the same problem. What was your workaround with the skinshortcuts ? Maybe we can apply this to xbmb3c addon too...

marcelveldt

There is some discussion on the thread for the other Helix skin 1080XF of some having the same issue where they can't enter their Movie tiles and TV Shows. I loaded that skin just to see and it is the same issue. All the artwork is being pulled bit I can't enter any of the tiles. If I open the addon itself I can enter my collections from there though.

And, like I posted before, setting up a Favorites tile let's me enter it as well.

-Jason

It is a confirmed bug in Helix...

Here the TEMPORARY workaround:

Go to your addons folder from Kodi and open plugin.video.xbmb3c

Open addon.xml in a texteditor

Change this line:   <extension    point="xbmc.python.pluginsource"

to this line:  <extension    point="xbmc.python.script"

Then (res)start Kodi

• Like 1

unfleshed

What a guess!

My fix was to change the extension point in addon.xml to one that can be run by RunScript() - xbmc.python.script providing executable. May be worth commenting on the Kodi PR, explain XBM3C is broken and ask for xbmc.python.pluginsource to be added to the allowed list.

Edit - wow, before I even finished typing! :P

Edited by unfleshed
  • Like 1

jasonmcroy

It is a confirmed bug in Helix...

Here the TEMPORARY workaround:

Go to your addons folder from Kodi and open plugin.video.xbmb3c

Open addon.xml in a texteditor

Change this line:   <extension    point="xbmc.python.pluginsource"

to this line:  <extension    point="xbmc.python.script"

Then (res)start Kodi

Awesome! That did it!

Thanks for you guys quick attention to this! You don't get this much attention so fast on other Media Player forums!

-Jason

• Like 1

marcelveldt

What a guess!

My fix was to change the extension point in addon.xml to one that can be run by RunScript() - xbmc.python.script providing executable. May be worth commenting on the Kodi PR, explain XBM3C is broken and ask for xbmc.python.pluginsource to be added to the allowed list.

Edit - wow, before I even finished typing! :P

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! Is the issue allready being worked on by the Kodi team ? Is there anything we can do to point them at this ?

unfleshed

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! Is the issue allready being worked on by the Kodi team ? Is there anything we can do to point them at this ?

Therre's a fix waiting to be merged for the type of script skinshortcuts presents itself as - https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5593 That won't fix it for MB3, and I'd suggest letting them know that MB3 is broken (or at least skins using it) in the conversation for the PR and requesting xbmc.python.pluginsource be allowed to be run as a script.

Edited by unfleshed

jasonmcroy

Well, there appears to be a new issue (maybe). 

Now, when I enter the home screen tile, whether it is tv shows or movies and then select to play the movie or tv show, it doesn't play. Nothing happens. 

I tried to select it and then wait some minutes just to see if there is any lag, but no such luck.

If I jump up to the widget for the home tile and play it from there the file plays fine. It just won't play from inside of the tile menu.

I am attaching the log in case that is helpful or needed.

kodi.log

-Jason

unfleshed

(Just a note to say it looks like they're moving to merge the fix for skinshortcuts script into Kodi, so (if this is actually considered a Kodi bug - which Team Kodi may not!) it may soon require a trac ticket for the team to notice and fix it. Or - probably preferable, assuming it doesn't cause any issues of its own - just including the third extension point into the XBMB3C into the next update of the script.)

unfleshed

A quick look at the log suggests Kodi no longer sees XBM3C as a plugin when it comes to playing media after the temporary fix. Again, I apologise I'm not in a location where I can actually test these things, but maybe adding the script as a third extension, rather than replacing the pluginsource...?

jasonmcroy

A quick look at the log suggests Kodi no longer sees XBM3C as a plugin when it comes to playing media after the temporary fix. Again, I apologise I'm not in a location where I can actually test these things, but maybe adding the script as a third extension, rather than replacing the pluginsource...?

Ok. I am not sure what you mean by adding the script as a third extension but I am willing to try it if you tell me how. 

marcelveldt

yes that could be the solution... will try that

unfleshed

Looking at the temporary workaround instructions, rather than editing "xbmc.python.pluginsource", you'd duplicate everything from ."<extension point=..." To "</extension>" (3 lines), then have one of the point=’s be xbmc.python.pluginsource, the other xbmc.python.script. (Just an idea, though, no idea if it would work!)

• Like 1

marcelveldt

Ok. I am not sure what you mean by adding the script as a third extension but I am willing to try it if you tell me how. 

Please try this:

Undo the previous change in the addon.xml from plugin.video.xbmb3c, so:

xbmc.python.script bcomes xbmc.python.pluginsource again.

Instead of that we add an extra entry:

<extension    point="xbmc.python.script"

library="default.py">

</extension>

The result should look like this:

<extension    point="xbmc.python.pluginsource"

library="default.py">

<provides>executable video audio image</provides>

</extension>

<extension    point="xbmc.python.script"

library="default.py">

</extension>

jasonmcroy

Ok, you guys are brilliant!

That totally worked.

-Jason

Edited by jasonmcroy
  • Like 1

saitoh183

Upload was finished but it can take 1 till several hours for the change to be replicated on the mirror servers so, please try again later.

As for the images in Gotham on your tiles: did you try "reset shortcuts" ? And what happens if you manually add your tiles ?

The shortcuts are saved to your profile so if the copy that you had in your profile still contained the error it had in the first versions, than it wont be overwritten by the skin. With "reset shortcuts" you get the skin's default.

Reset shortcut didnt change anything. Adding manually didnt change anything as well

***Update***

So i updated Titan, reset shortcut and even deleted the addon_data content and all the settings under guisettings.xml. Still nadda.

In the screenshot: top tiles are the ones added when you enable xbmb3c  and bottom is manual addition

5451b425e3e04_titangotherror.jpg

Edited by saitoh183

marcelveldt

Anyway, I installed the skin and now have another issue on the home screen. I have set my own tile images for the home screen and set the skin to "Do not show title on home menu tiles". However, on the unfocused tiles the name of the tile still shows (only the word, not the transparent black bar that usually goes with it). The focused tiles don't show the title of the tile. 

Problem confirmed and fixed. I'll provide new version on the repo within the next few hours...

saitoh183

This is a really starnge problem, I can't reproduce it. Tried almost every possible test scenario :-)

In the latets beta I changed some small things in the helper service, just maybe this will fix your problem.

If not, I will provide you tomorrow with a special testbuild so we can narrow down the problem, is that okay ?

Oh one more thing: what version if the MB3 server are you using ?

I tested myself with latest beta and dev because of all the new auth stuff...

cool for the test version :)

im on Version 3.0.5395.0

jasonmcroy

Thanks for all of your help yesterday on the Helix version of this skin. I have unfortunately had to revert back to the Gotham version of XBMC due to some playback issues with the current Helix Alpha release.

Anyway, I installed the skin and now have another issue on the home screen. I have set my own tile images for the home screen and set the skin to "Do not show title on home menu tiles". However, on the unfocused tiles the name of the tile still shows (only the word, not the transparent black bar that usually goes with it). The focused tiles don't show the title of the tile. 

I hope this explains it well enough. If not, I can provide a screen shot.

-Jason

marcelveldt

Ok cool. Thanks!

new beta is available on the xbmb3c repo, version 2.1.7

Please let me know if it's fine now.

marcelveldt

Reset shortcut didnt change anything. Adding manually didnt change anything as well

***Update***

So i updated Titan, reset shortcut and even deleted the addon_data content and all the settings under guisettings.xml. Still nadda.

In the screenshot: top tiles are the ones added when you enable xbmb3c  and bottom is manual addition

This is a really starnge problem, I can't reproduce it. Tried almost every possible test scenario :-)

In the latets beta I changed some small things in the helper service, just maybe this will fix your problem.

If not, I will provide you tomorrow with a special testbuild so we can narrow down the problem, is that okay ?

Oh one more thing: what version if the MB3 server are you using ?

I tested myself with latest beta and dev because of all the new auth stuff...

jasonmcroy

new beta is available on the xbmb3c repo, version 2.1.7

Please let me know if it's fine now.

Hi Marcel,

When I tried to update it wouldn't do it. It did update the helper service. I waited a little while and tried to update again. It did show there was an update available, but every time I hit the update button it would do nothing.

So I finally uninstalled the 2.1.6 version hoping that would allow me to install the new version. However, it will not install the skin. Every time I hit the install button it just doesn't do anything. It does show it as version 2.1.7 in the pop up window. 

I waited a few hours in case it needed time to refresh on your end or something and I have hit force refresh numerous times on the addon folder but nothing is helping.

Do I just need to wait a while longer and try again?

-Jason

saitoh183

Hi Marcel,

When I tried to update it wouldn't do it. It did update the helper service. I waited a little while and tried to update again. It did show there was an update available, but every time I hit the update button it would do nothing.

So I finally uninstalled the 2.1.6 version hoping that would allow me to install the new version. However, it will not install the skin. Every time I hit the install button it just doesn't do anything. It does show it as version 2.1.7 in the pop up window. 

I waited a few hours in case it needed time to refresh on your end or something and I have hit force refresh numerous times on the addon folder but nothing is helping.

Do I just need to wait a while longer and try again?

-Jason

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/9255-titan-mediabrowser-skin-for-xbmc/page-15&do=findComment&comment=142992