marcelveldt

jasonmcroy

0.9.7 is the latest addon version.

xnappo

Ok, good. At least I am up to date there.  :)

-Jason

marcelveldt

What update number should I be at for the Helix version of Titan? Mine is showing as 3.1.5 but I feel like you have released another update since then. 

If it matters, I am on the Beta Repo version. It is version 0.9.7 which also seems incorrect to me but now I am confused as it seems like there are several versions floating around. I downloaded the Beta repo from the forum link. 

Anyway, either way, the issue I described in an earlier post (this was when I was using the Gotham version) of the unfocused home screen tiles showing the title even when I have it turned off exists in the version that I am running. 

-Jason

Hi Jason,

Sorry I was just in the proces of moving the Beta's for Helix builds to the xbmb3c beta repo.

From now on the Titan (beta) version is only available on the XBMB3C repo...

As you have installed the beta repo, you should get the latest Helix version of the skin within the next hour or so.

For your reference: it's version 3.1.10

saitoh183

Hi Jason,

Sorry I was just in the proces of moving the Beta's for Helix builds to the xbmb3c beta repo.

From now on the Titan (beta) version is only available on the XBMB3C repo...

As you have installed the beta repo, you should get the latest Helix version of the skin within the next hour or so.

For your reference: it's version 3.1.10

Using the beta repo on Kodi beta 1 and it say dependencies not met...so its marked as incompatible. On gotham it its the opposite..it wants me to update

Edited by saitoh183

saitoh183

Are these tiles you added from "mediabrowser collections" in the menu editor ?

I created a debug version of the helper-service script for you to narrow down the cause as I can't replicate the issue.

Please install the attached zip file to your xbmc install...

After you installed the debug version of the helper-service restart xbmc/kodi and let it run for a couple of minutes (untill you have all tiles populated including their images and widgets). After that close down xbmckodi and send me the logfile....

As the images are retrieved from XBMB3C addon the issue can be in that section so please send me a log file with the debig log from XBMB3C add-on ON and one logfile with that debug setting OFF. Sorry I have to ask you this but I really can't find where your issue is related to...

Thanks!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/151513670/XBMC/xbmc_.log

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/151513670/XBMC/xbmc_debug.log

marcelveldt

Using the beta repo on Kodi beta 1 and it say dependencies not met...so its marked as incompatible. On gotham it its the opposite..it wants me to update

Damn, looks like what I want doesn't work with the XBMB3C repo... <_<

In official repo, the skin's name is just skin.titan. The Helix version has a higher version number and so can be installed on Helix builds while the Gotham version with lower version number can be installed too on Gotham.

The XBMB3c repo won't let me do this as it makes the other skin incompatible.

So, what I'm going to do is rename the skin again to skin.titan.helix. This way it will list both the stable (xbmc official) repo version and the beta version.

Edited by marcelveldt

marcelveldt

I thought your problems were solved...Guess not as you send me the logs :)

The log looks fine, except for one XBMB3C error but that can be unrelated.

What are you missing ? While checking your log I noticed the following collections from MB3 server:

-- UFC

-- Anime

-- Collections

-- Kids - Movies

-- Kids-TV

-- Movies

Is that right ? Are you missing background or tile images for one of these collections ?

saitoh183

Those errors are from XBMB3C add-on... The Titan skin uses the images from XBMB3C so that's why it isn't working.

Can you send me the log after you got those error messages ?

You're using the stable version of the skin from xbmc official repo --> v2.1.5

What version of MB3 server are you using ?

What version of XBMB3C addon are you using ?

Please remind that the version of the XBMB3c addon on official XBMC repo is really outdated and causes errors with latest MB3 server versions.

Luckily the new version is to pe pushed this week on the xbmc repo so than that will be solved.

The log files i posted previously are the ones after the error happens

Im using XBMB3C 0.9.7 (Beta repo) and MBS latest beta (Version 3.0.5421.0)

edwin1234

Verry nice skin good work!!!

one question i made some buttons in xbmc in the skin settings. like radio and childeren they have the same picture on the tile in the start screen. how can i change that? if i sellect "use own picture for tile" in the skin configuration.

then i cant select a folder i only see the repo files like fusion etc.

thanks for the help

edwin

saitoh183

Are there any special characters in your username(s) or something ?

No

Also, are you using latest version of the skin ? (v2.1.10) and the helper service (v1.2.0) ?

The version on official xbmc repo (v2.1.5) doesn't contain a few fixes I did last week regarding MB3 collections.

im using the beta repo so all i see is 3.1.10

But here is a big point i noticed.

it's the fact that there is favorite shows. When I have no favorite shows added in mbs, xbmc doesn't time out. I added 1 favorite TV show  restart xbmc, timeout within 10 seconds

So i dont think its Titan ...its probably XBMB3C because it happens on confluence also but i think because of the timeout, the rest is failing when im on titan. Maybe you can test with adding favorite TV shows.

Edited by saitoh183

marcelveldt

No

im using the beta repo so all i see is 3.1.10

But here is a big point i noticed.

it's the fact that there is favorite shows. When I have no favorite shows added in mbs, xbmc doesn't time out. I added 1 favorite TV show  restart xbmc, timeout within 10 seconds

So i dont think its Titan because it happens on confluence also but i think because of the timeout, the rest is failing when im on titan. Maybe you can test with adding favorite TV shows.

Thanks for that catch! Maybe that narrows down things a bit...

Did you also try to set another Tv shows as favorite as a test ?

Maybe the problem is related to special chars in the tv show or something.

The problem is indeed related to the XBMB3c addon, because of the timeout, the titanskin also fails to load the images.

I'm going to try in my own setup to add favorite tv shows...

I added the Gotham beta also to the xbmb3c beta repo, so you should be able to see the latest version now.

Oh, in latest .11 version I added an optional enhanced homescreen :-)

EDIT: I just checked on my own setup with Favorite tv shows and it's working fine.

Only thing I didn't check is with multiple profiles as I don't use/have multiple profiles...

Edited by marcelveldt

marcelveldt

The log files i posted previously are the ones after the error happens

Im using XBMB3C 0.9.7 (Beta repo) and MBS latest beta (Version 3.0.5421.0)

OK, tomorrow I'll replicate your setup with same folder names and software versions etc.

Are there any special characters in your username(s) or something ?

Also, are you using latest version of the skin ? (v2.1.10) and the helper service (v1.2.0) ?

The version on official xbmc repo (v2.1.5) doesn't contain a few fixes I did last week regarding MB3 collections.

Edited by marcelveldt

jasonmcroy

Damn, looks like what I want doesn't work with the XBMB3C repo... <_<

In official repo, the skin's name is just skin.titan. The Helix version has a higher version number and so can be installed on Helix builds while the Gotham version with lower version number can be installed too on Gotham.

The XBMB3c repo won't let me do this as it makes the other skin incompatible.

So, what I'm going to do is rename the skin again to skin.titan.helix. This way it will list both the stable (xbmc official) repo version and the beta version.

Should this issue be fixed now? I just reinstalled Kodi as it was not allowing me to update the skin (I was still at version 3.1.5) although I could see version 3.1.11 but it was marked incompatible and wouldn't let me update.

After I reinstalled I downloaded and installed the Beta Repo and now it shows Titan version 3.1.11 as incompatible so I can't install it. 

Fun times!  :)

marcelveldt

Should this issue be fixed now? I just reinstalled Kodi as it was not allowing me to update the skin (I was still at version 3.1.5) although I could see version 3.1.11 but it was marked incompatible and wouldn't let me update.

After I reinstalled I downloaded and installed the Beta Repo and now it shows Titan version 3.1.11 as incompatible so I can't install it. 

Fun times!  :)

Aaargh... repo hell :-)

Okay, I think the problem is with the helperscript, I added that one too on the beta repo now.

Should be available within a few minutes (if the repo distribution is fast).

To make an end of all the confusion I'm going to move the beta versions to beta repo only and stable only on xbmc native repo later this week.

Please let me know if you can install the skin now on Helix

saitoh183

I thought your problems were solved...Guess not as you send me the logs :)

The log looks fine, except for one XBMB3C error but that can be unrelated.

What are you missing ? While checking your log I noticed the following collections from MB3 server:

-- UFC

-- Anime

-- Collections

-- Kids - Movies

-- Kids-TV

-- Movies

Is that right ? Are you missing background or tile images for one of these collections ?

It was working at first with 3.1.9but i was struggling with a connection timeout error. On gotham it hasnt been working. 

here is what i get when i start up on gotham (v2.1.5)

545a78db9d60a_titangot1.jpg

545a78fc640cc_titangot2.jpg

545a790c80540_titangot3.jpg

Only Favorite shows seems to pick up. Anime/UFC takes the jpg i set as background in MBS and Kid-Movies/Kids-TV dont show. I have re-installed, reseted shortcuts.

marcelveldt

Only Favorite shows seems to pick up. Anime/UFC takes the jpg i set as background in MBS and Kid-Movies/Kids-TV dont show. I have re-installed, reseted shortcuts.

Those errors are from XBMB3C add-on... The Titan skin uses the images from XBMB3C so that's why it isn't working.

Can you send me the log after you got those error messages ?

You're using the stable version of the skin from xbmc official repo --> v2.1.5

What version of MB3 server are you using ?

What version of XBMB3C addon are you using ?

Please remind that the version of the XBMB3c addon on official XBMC repo is really outdated and causes errors with latest MB3 server versions.

Luckily the new version is to pe pushed this week on the xbmc repo so than that will be solved.

marcelveldt

Verry nice skin good work!!!

one question i made some buttons in xbmc in the skin settings. like radio and childeren they have the same picture on the tile in the start screen. how can i change that? if i sellect "use own picture for tile" in the skin configuration.

then i cant select a folder i only see the repo files like fusion etc.

thanks for the help

edwin

Those custom tiles....are those tiles for collections you have in MediaBrowser server ?

In that case you won't have to do anything, it will automatically load your images from the MB3 server.

Otherwise... Well, XBMC displays paths that are known to the system.

You should be able to press back or the [..] to navigate through your filesystem in the image select dialog.

That dialog is native XBMC and there's nothing I can do about that.

What I use myself as a workaround is add  some of my folders to the xbmc videos folders, so that those folders will be known in the system.

saitoh183

Thanks for that catch! Maybe that narrows down things a bit...

Did you also try to set another Tv shows as favorite as a test ?

Maybe the problem is related to special chars in the tv show or something.

The problem is indeed related to the XBMB3c addon, because of the timeout, the titanskin also fails to load the images.

I'm going to try in my own setup to add favorite tv shows...

I added the Gotham beta also to the xbmb3c beta repo, so you should be able to see the latest version now.

Oh, in latest .11 version I added an optional enhanced homescreen :-)

EDIT: I just checked on my own setup with Favorite tv shows and it's working fine.

Only thing I didn't check is with multiple profiles as I don't use/have multiple profiles...

The only favorite i added was 2 broke girls and it does the timeout...i will try a show with all letters and no spaces to see...what i find also odd is that i installed a new mbs on another machine restored my current mbs to it, and no error in xbmc...i just dont know anymore where to look...

saitoh183

Okay, I think the problem is with the helperscript, I added that one too on the beta repo now.

To make an end of all the confusion I'm going to move the beta versions to beta repo only and stable only on xbmc native repo later this week.

still incompatible helix and dont see a gotham update in beta repo

jasonmcroy

Yes, repo hell! [emoji16]

So far, not working for me. I refreshed the repo seberal times but luck yet. I will try again tomorrow morning and see if it will work then.

-Jason

marcelveldt

The only favorite i added was 2 broke girls and it does the timeout...i will try a show with all letters and no spaces to see...what i find also odd is that i installed a new mbs on another machine restored my current mbs to it, and no error in xbmc...i just dont know anymore where to look...

Looks like it is MB3 server related than.... Strange!

Maybe revert your server to release or dev build and try again ?

I've just been testing with muliple profiles in both MB server and XBMC and that's also working fine in my setup.

What I'm suspecting is that the XBMB3C addon gets some invalid data from MB3-server and chokes in it, that's what is causing the error...

marcelveldt

Yes, repo hell! [emoji16]

So far, not working for me. I refreshed the repo seberal times but luck yet. I will try again tomorrow morning and see if it will work then.

-Jason

Looks like the beta repo isn't updating at all. The regular XBMB3C repo does work (just checked), please try that repo...

jasonmcroy

What I see in the regular xbmc repo is the helix version 3.1.5. In the regular (not beta) xbmb3c repo is the Gotham only version (even though it shows as compatible)

-Jason

saitoh183

Looks like it is MB3 server related than.... Strange!

Maybe revert your server to release or dev build and try again ?

I've just been testing with muliple profiles in both MB server and XBMC and that's also working fine in my setup.

What I'm suspecting is that the XBMB3C addon gets some invalid data from MB3-server and chokes in it, that's what is causing the error...

I think its something with my server that I run mbs on. I installed mbs(same version and the restore of the data from my main server using the backup plug-in. ) on my other server and everything works with titan 3.1.5. I tried reinstalling and restoring my mbs data but nada. I just don't know what the issue is with my main server.