marcelveldt

marcelveldt

I have XBMB3C installed on a NUC over OpenELEC.  Everything is working perfect except I can't get it to install the Titan Skin.  It starts the download briefly and then stops.  I have attached the log files although I do not see anything in their pointing to what could be causing this issue.  The NUC is wired ethernet and downloads other skins and addons without a hitch.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

Please try again later. My guess is that you were trying to install the skin at the same time I was updating it...

Also, the skin is available in the official XBMC repo too. Did you try to install with XBMB3C repo or XBMC ?

marcelveldt

New version now available: version 2.0.14

Most important changes in this version:
1. Now Fully compatible with XBMC 13 Gotham AND Kodi Helix !
2. New direct access widgets on home tiles

Explaination of the widgets:
When there's a live widget available for a specific section (like movies), there will be an Arrow displayed on the tile.
Press the up/down button (the direction of the Arrow) to display the widget.
Click on the title in the widget to change it's content.

• Like 3

jasonmcroy

Wow! That was fast! Ok, I will install Helix and check it out.

-Jason

Update: I just wanted to let you know that I did install as noted above with the Kodi build and everything is working great!

Thanks for getting this out so fast!

Just an FYI for anyone else trying to use Kodi with the PVR enabled - if you are having issues with attempting to close the program and getting an error, update to the latest nightly build and that will fix the issue. 

-Jason

Edited by jasonmcroy
  • Like 1

marcelveldt

Update: I just wanted to let you know that I did install as noted above with the Kodi build and everything is working great!

Thanks for getting this out so fast!

Just an FYI for anyone else trying to use Kodi with the PVR enabled - if you are having issues with attempting to close the program and getting an error, update to the latest nightly build and that will fix the issue. 

-Jason

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear that it's working as expected.

Good thing you informed other users about the update to latest build too. I wasn't having this issues on the beta version myself but as Kodi is still beta you can expect some issues.

Did you try the new widgets on the homescreen ?

jasonmcroy

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear that it's working as expected.

Good thing you informed other users about the update to latest build too. I wasn't having this issues on the beta version myself but as Kodi is still beta you can expect some issues.

Did you try the new widgets on the homescreen ?

Yes, I did try the new widgets. They work really well. I like it for when I am mid an episode or movie that I am having to come back to later. '

The skin is looking really nice. 

I have a new question about the EPG guide. My channel icons look squished if I use any that are wide. There are a couple that I use that are labeled CBS HD and those seem to be too wide for the space allowed in the grid. I tested it with a different icon for NBC that is simply the symbol for NBC and it looks fine as it's not too wide for the space. The width for the HD icons are 95 wide and 42 tall. The non HD icons are an even 42 x 42. 

Is there any way to make more space for the wider icons or should I just find some that are not so wide? I sort of like the HD part listed out, but it's not a deal breaker. The icons look fine in the Confluence EPG grid btw.

Thanks.

-Jason

salphonso

Sorry took so long to get back to this thread.  Work and the real boss (aka wife) got in the way.  I have since decided to try XBMCBuntu with XBMB3C instead of OpenElec,  Regardless of that, the Skin has downloaded successfully and is installed.  I love it.  So far the best UI I have used.  

Just fyi, I did install the XBM3C repo and it still wants to download the skin, not sure why.  Maybe I am installing the repo wrong.

• Like 1

marcelveldt

Sorry took so long to get back to this thread.  Work and the real boss (aka wife) got in the way.  I have since decided to try XBMCBuntu with XBMB3C instead of OpenElec,  Regardless of that, the Skin has downloaded successfully and is installed.  I love it.  So far the best UI I have used.  

Just fyi, I did install the XBM3C repo and it still wants to download the skin, not sure why.  Maybe I am installing the repo wrong.

Thanks! Is XBMC still telling you that there's an update for the skin or is it solved allready ? Sometimes this can happen when the skin has just updated on the repo.

Steven Giles

Hi I just had to sign up to say thanks for all your work on this skin. Its the nicest one I have found so far. Unfortunately I don't understand a thing of programming so can't help out but I'm grateful for your hard work.

One quick question is it at all possible for me to set different user profiles as a tile?? And maybe have something on the home screen that says what user is currently logged on? Just a couple of ideas.

Thanks once again

• Like 2

I used to use Mediaportal & loved Titan but after I stopped using TV-Server, I went back to XBMC/Plex server but this port has prompted me to try mediabrowser.

I am currently running it single seat on a HP N40L which isn't exactly a power house but I don't recall Titan (Mepo) being sluggish on the same hardware, is this considered a heavy skin on XBMC, maybe I'm too used to Amber which is a really lightweight skin?

It's taken me a while to get around to looking for the cause of the slow loading of library's but I've resolved it by completely uninstalling XBMC and deleting user data, Titan is now nice & responsive!

• Like 1

marcelveldt

Hi I just had to sign up to say thanks for all your work on this skin. Its the nicest one I have found so far. Unfortunately I don't understand a thing of programming so can't help out but I'm grateful for your hard work.

One quick question is it at all possible for me to set different user profiles as a tile?? And maybe have something on the home screen that says what user is currently logged on? Just a couple of ideas.

Thanks once again

Thanks for the feedback. Well you can create custom tiles using favourites: that way you can create a custom tile to virtually anywhere within xbmc . I'm not sure if you can get a favourite link to a user entry however...

Maybe its an idea that I add a tile which shows the current user and press it allows you to select another one ? other possibility is to add this somewhere else in the navigation, but thats allready kinda stuffed if you're using hubs etc.

marcelveldt

It's taken me a while to get around to looking for the cause of the slow loading of library's but I've resolved it by completely uninstalling XBMC and deleting user data, Titan is now nice & responsive!

Great to hear!

In Amber it's possible to set a custom background image for each menu (tile in Titans case) option, is this something that can be added or is there a way of achieving this?

Btw, with the recent updates this feels more like the Mediaportal version (take that as a compliment).

marcelveldt

In Amber it's possible to set a custom background image for each menu (tile in Titans case) option, is this something that can be added or is there a way of achieving this?

Btw, with the recent updates this feels more like the Mediaportal version (take that as a compliment).

Yep, I'm getting some feedback from users in the XBMC forum to improve the classic theme (the MediaPortal look) and it's getting closer to the Original :)

I use the default (modern) theme myself but also like the classic theme. In fact I have some family and friends who use the classic theme and like that one better. It's a personal choice and nice thing the skin supports both: the classic theme which is a replica of MediaPortal and the modern/default theme which is my own approach.

The custom background option is something on the "wishlist", now you can set it based on the tile image but with lowres images this looks crappy and you may wish to get a different background than the image on the tile. Work in progress ;)

Edited by marcelveldt
  • Like 2

Steven Giles

Maybe its an idea that I add a tile which shows the current user and press it allows you to select another one ?

That sounds like a pretty cool idea. I like to keep it pretty simple as the girlfriend is against digging through menus. :)

marcelveldt

That sounds like a pretty cool idea. I like to keep it pretty simple as the girlfriend is against digging through menus. :)

I recognize that! It's the main reason I started my own skin :)

optimalt

Just installed the latest Nightly of Kodi Helix (got the problem mentioned above with closing the program), but the Titan skin is listed as "Incompatible" in Kodi Helix and Kodi tellls me to contact the Add-on author - which I am now doing. :-)

marcelveldt

Just installed the latest Nightly of Kodi Helix (got the problem mentioned above with closing the program), but the Titan skin is listed as "Incompatible" in Kodi Helix and Kodi tellls me to contact the Add-on author - which I am now doing. :-)

Oh well, looks like the Kodi team now checks for compatability (they didn't do in previous versions). 

I had done all additions for Helix in the main branch of the skin. Now I created seperate version for Helix.

Please check the repo: you should see a second version of the skin for Helix.

• Like 1

SikSlayer

Oh well, looks like the Kodi team now checks for compatability (they didn't do in previous versions). 

I had done all additions for Helix in the main branch of the skin. Now I created seperate version for Helix.

Please check the repo: you should see a second version of the skin for Helix.

It's failing to download. It starts at 0% and then the progress quickly vanishes.

Is there a zip I can download from Github or something?

marcelveldt

It's failing to download. It starts at 0% and then the progress quickly vanishes.

Is there a zip I can download from Github or something?

That's because my upload wasn't ready yet :-)

I don't have a very fast upload speed.

Try again now and it will work

• Like 1

marcelveldt

New version available (v2.0.22) on the XBMB3C repo:

- Support for series recordings with DVBLink PVR client (Mediaportal and ServerWMC were allready supported)
- Option to set backgrounds for the XBMC sections
- Option to disable the "now playing background"
- Option to disable Fanart background in the various views
- New views: big panel and large poster
- Good set of default settings for new users
- For Helix users: set other views in Recorded TV

• Like 1

Hi, first I'd like to say that the skin is getting better and better with each version. It's impressing!

But I also wanted so share a few things I noticed. Since I can't see the new version on the repo yet these things are based on 2.0.20.

First a small bug:

The TV shows widget shows streched covers for "Random Episodes"

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-iJnwQCTVZ4QTRsd2NPLTdPNGs/view?usp=sharing )

The other things are not bugs but merely suggestions that also target the widgets.

This screenshot shows the "In Progress" view of the TV shows widget where I marked two things:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-iJnwQCTVZ4cG53R0tpRTI4RGc/view?usp=sharing

1) Some other skins use the clear logo instead of just the title. That's something I'd like to see here as well.

2) The backdrop of the show is used, but since it is usually a 1920x1080 image it has to be downscaled so much that it doesn't look very good anymore (IMHO). Thats why I'd suggest using another image instead. Using the MB3 web interface as a reference, two possibilities come to mind:

- Episode thumb with text: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-iJnwQCTVZ4czl0OUxYNjhSbDQ/view?usp=sharing

- Series thumb without text: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-iJnwQCTVZ4a1FJa2VCX3FjY0E/view?usp=sharing

At least as an option I think it would be nice to be able to choose between backdrop, episode thumb and/or series thumb.

Keep up the good work, I'm always looking forward to new versions :)

Edited by tube82

marcelveldt

Hi, first I'd like to say that the skin is getting better and better with each version. It's impressing!

But I also wanted so share a few things I noticed. Since I can't see the new version on the repo yet these things are based on 2.0.20.

First a small bug:

The TV shows widget shows streched covers for "Random Episodes"

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-iJnwQCTVZ4QTRsd2NPLTdPNGs/view?usp=sharing )

The other things are not bugs but merely suggestions that also target the widgets.

This screenshot shows the "In Progress" view of the TV shows widget where I marked two things:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-iJnwQCTVZ4cG53R0tpRTI4RGc/view?usp=sharing

1) Some other skins use the clear logo instead of just the title. That's something I'd like to see here as well.

2) The backdrop of the show is used, but since it is usually a 1920x1080 image it has to be downscaled so much that it doesn't look very good anymore (IMHO). Thats why I'd suggest using another image instead. Using the MB3 web interface as a reference, two possibilities come to mind:

- Episode thumb with text: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-iJnwQCTVZ4czl0OUxYNjhSbDQ/view?usp=sharing

- Series thumb without text: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-iJnwQCTVZ4a1FJa2VCX3FjY0E/view?usp=sharing

At least as an option I think it would be nice to be able to choose between backdrop, episode thumb and/or series thumb.

Keep up the good work, I'm always looking forward to new versions :)

Thanks for the feedback!

I just took a quick look at it and noticed that the behaviour is fine if you use the XBMC library, the issue arrises only with MediaBrowser mode so I suspect I get (or use) the wrong data. Will be fixed in upcoming release.

As for the clearlogo, I'm not sure if that image is provided in the nextup/random items but if it's possible I will add it.

When I fixed things I'll post a new beta version for you to try out.

marcelveldt

The Arctic skin displays the clear logo for the shelf items, so I guess it is possible somehow!

Yes, that's correct.. my mistake.. I meant the landscape (16:9) thumb for tv shows.

I'm currently looking into it, maybe with an update for the xbmb3c client it can be possible.