embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

7 hours ago, quickmic said:

Please send me a complete log...

Done. I DM'ed it to you here.

What I did find was in testing it through the addon itself, "Emby Options" is actually missing from the context menu there. So it appears in native mode but not in addon mode.

• Thanks 1

clarkss12
6 hours ago, quickmic said:

multiversion means, multiple versions of the same Episode. e.g. regular and remastered or could be 3d and regular or multiple versions in different languages. Could be anything.

You were correct.  Thanks

Edited by clarkss12
  • Like 1

quickmic
7 hours ago, alazabe said:

after scanning the plugin decide to kick me out from the server and everytime i try to sign in again  it tell unable to connect to the server !

https://pastebin.com/W0U4k7vy

Win 11 Kodi 19.1 

Emby plugin 6.1.2 and tried 6.1.1 all same 

Can you please create a test account for me, and I'll check.

I see there is a minor re-connection bug but this was actually cause by several server timeouts. The server was online ant working properly?

Plugin first try "http://172.22.0.6:8096/emby/system/info/public" -> [ ServerUnreachable ]

Then fallback to server's online address also -> [ ServerUnreachable ]

Next a cycle of re-connections began, but server never came online... (an here is a bug, cause the re connection failed after one complete cycle. I'll fix that).

Anyway this bug has nothing todo with the actual problem.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
10 hours ago, clarkss12 said:

Problem of recorded TV shows not showing in the TV section is because the Emby for Kodi is having a hissy-fit if it finds a duplicate of the same TV episode.  

This is good in that I now know that if I am missing episodes, I have a duplicate that I have to find and eliminate........

However, I have to notice that there are missing episodes to realize that there are duplicate entries.   This issue is only under Kodi, not the Emby app.

Duplicate TV Shows (if Emby server detects them as a multiversion) should be synced in 6.1.2. Also distributed TV-Shows over several drives/folders should sync. I have never tested the same identical episode, no idea what happens in that case.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
12 hours ago, misterkoat said:

all of them apart from genres and a-z

I found the problem, will be fixed in next version. The music db will need an re-sync.

As you mentioned, only native mode is affected.

Edit:

The problem is, Kodi scans the music libraries and is overwriting my tags. Especially it overwrites the "comments" in the song table where are "special" tags located. Not sure if I can do anything to prevent a scan. You can try to disable Kodi music scan in some way and if you figured it out, please let me know. Cause I disabled everything in Kodi and it's still scanning...

Edited by quickmic

misterkoat
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

I found the problem, will be fixed in next version. The music db will need an re-sync.

As you mentioned, only native mode is affected.

Edit:

The problem is, Kodi scans the music libraries and is overwriting my tags. Especially it overwrites the "comments" in the song table where are "special" tags located. Not sure if I can do anything to prevent a scan. You can try to disable Kodi music scan in some way and if you figured it out, please let me know. Cause I disabled everything in Kodi and it's still scanning...

Native mode can't work without Kodi scanning the paths for the files itself. But why didn't the other versions behave like this one?

I've also noticed that if a song is played, then it's available in the nodes. It's however very random so the'res no guarantees about it.

quickmic
23 minutes ago, misterkoat said:

Native mode can't work without Kodi scanning the paths for the files itself. But why didn't the other versions behave like this one?

Yes it can, e.g. files in addon mode are not scanable by Kodi (no file access). The plugin fills the db with all the information.

In native mode, Kodi has access and starts overwriting the records in the database.

At the moment it works like that: next-gen fills the db with info and rapes the "comment" db record in Kodi to tag the library Id. So it adds the Emby-music-lib id to the song "comment"

The nodes are configured to query this info:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node order="8" type="filter">
    <label>Recently played</label>
    <match>all</match>
    <content>songs</content>
    <icon>DefaultMusicRecentlyPlayed.png</icon>
    <rule field="comment" operator="contains">
        <value>-Music-issue1;</value>
    </rule>
    <order direction="descending">lastplayed</order>
</node>

Especially this one:

</rule>

So the node filters by field "comment" and "Music-issue1" is the name of my Emby music test library. If you have multiple different music libraries, this is necessary as a unique identifier.

btw, in a different manner also for Artists. e.g. The Genre Node filters bey a raped "disambiguation" field (which is not overwritten by Kodi music scan)

<node order="4" type="filter">
    <label>Artists</label>
    <match>all</match>
    <content>artists</content>
    <icon>DefaultMusicArtists.png</icon>
    <rule field="disambiguation" operator="contains">
    </rule>
    <order direction="descending">artists</order>
    <group>artists</group>
</node>

...so when you sync via next-gen all infos are fine. As Kodi never scanned the music db itself, but it starts scanning right after der sync and overwrites the comment with the tag-comment info from mp3.

Also Kodi sets a flag, that this file is scanned and will never rescan it until mp3 has changed.

Now e.g. you play a song on a different device or via Emby webUI, the plugin receives a notification that the playstate has changed. -> Timestamp, playcount has changed etc.

Plugin no updates the DB record for the file and of course adds the comment ID again.

As Kodi still have the flag that no rescan is required, the id in the comment field stays there and now the node can detect the file.

...and thats the reason it will work sometimes.

I still try to stop Kodi from scanning. btw I could do that, cause actually next-gen triggers the scan itself. But there is a reason pushing Kodi to refresh the screen/progress updates etc.

But I cannot prevent Kodi from reading tag metadata from files at the moment.

Edited by quickmic

21 hours ago, quickmic said:

Please send me a complete log...

Never mind. Out of desperation, after observing some weirdness with items reporting missing from the database in the debug log, I decided to reset and recreate the local database. After which, it has come good again!

• Like 1

misterkoat
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

Yes it can, e.g. files in addon mode are not scanable by Kodi (no file access). The plugin fills the db with all the information.

In native mode, Kodi has access and starts overwriting the records in the database.

At the moment it works like that: next-gen fills the db with info and rapes the "comment" db record in Kodi to tag the library Id. So it adds the Emby-music-lib id to the song "comment"

The nodes are configured to query this info:

<node order="8" type="filter">
    <label>Recently played</label>
    <match>all</match>
    <content>songs</content>
    <icon>DefaultMusicRecentlyPlayed.png</icon>
    </rule>
    <order direction="descending">lastplayed</order>
</node>

Especially this one:

</rule>

So the node filters by field "comment" and "Music-issue1" is the name of my Emby music test library. If you have multiple different music libraries, this is necessary as a unique identifier.

btw, in a different manner also for Artists. e.g. The Genre Node filters bey a raped "disambiguation" field (which is not overwritten by Kodi music scan)

<node order="4" type="filter">
    <label>Artists</label>
    <match>all</match>
    <content>artists</content>
    <icon>DefaultMusicArtists.png</icon>
    <rule field="disambiguation" operator="contains">
    </rule>
    <order direction="descending">artists</order>
    <group>artists</group>
</node>

...so when you sync via next-gen all infos are fine. As Kodi never scanned the music db itself, but it starts scanning right after der sync and overwrites the comment with the tag-comment info from mp3.

Also Kodi sets a flag, that this file is scanned and will never rescan it until mp3 has changed.

Now e.g. you play a song on a different device or via Emby webUI, the plugin receives a notification that the playstate has changed. -> Timestamp, playcount has changed etc.

Plugin no updates the DB record for the file and of course adds the comment ID again.

As Kodi still have the flag that no rescan is required, the id in the comment field stays there and now the node can detect the file.

...and thats the reason it will work sometimes.

I still try to stop Kodi from scanning. btw I could do that, cause actually next-gen triggers the scan itself. But there is a reason pushing Kodi to refresh the screen/progress updates etc.

But I cannot prevent Kodi from reading tag metadata from files at the moment.

Sure. I have few days break before work so i will just use emby theatre for the moment or just scan library to kodi directly this is exhausting.

quickmic
6 minutes ago, misterkoat said:

Sure. I have few days break before work so i will just use emby theatre for the moment or just scan library to kodi directly this is exhausting.

I can send you a test version with disabled music scans but not sure if there are no side effects...

7 hours ago, quickmic said:

Can you please create a test account for me, and I'll check.

I see there is a minor re-connection bug but this was actually cause by several server timeouts. The server was online ant working properly?

Plugin first try "http://172.22.0.6:8096/emby/system/info/public" -> [ ServerUnreachable ]

Then fallback to server's online address also -> [ ServerUnreachable ]

Next a cycle of re-connections began, but server never came online... (an here is a bug, cause the re connection failed after one complete cycle. I'll fix that).

Anyway this bug has nothing todo with the actual problem.

I just sent you a DM

Is there a new problem with multi-version? Today I added a multi-version TV episode and everything broke. Kodi did not add the new episode and even when I go inside the add-on, I see it has not been added. The episode is present in all other clients, iOS, nVidia Shield. On Kodi it broke the whole thing and I can't even see reset local database or even see it inside the addon!

I installed EmbyCon and it is working. But Emby next-gen completely broken for me. I uninstalled it with remove settings. Reinstalled, I can connect to the server and the user but when the library screen comes up for syncing, I see only ALL and the list is empty. It is not showing my libraries while at the same time that EmbyCon works and sees my libraries! Very strange. Emby Next Gen 6.1.1.

quickmic
6 hours ago, Zodler said:

I installed EmbyCon and it is working. But Emby next-gen completely broken for me. I uninstalled it with remove settings. Reinstalled, I can connect to the server and the user but when the library screen comes up for syncing, I see only ALL and the list is empty. It is not showing my libraries while at the same time that EmbyCon works and sees my libraries! Very strange. Emby Next Gen 6.1.1.

Have you tried 6.1.2? Multi version is broken in 6.1.1, yes.

I will try later today. It was not on the update button yesterday. What was very strange was that it broke the whole addon not just the multi-version files.

quickmic
42 minutes ago, Zodler said:

I will try later today. It was not on the update button yesterday. What was very strange was that it broke the whole addon not just the multi-version files.

It isn't in emby kodi beta repo yet.

quickmic

New version available: 6.1.3 beta

delta changelog:

fix sync updates
unify musicvideo artists
disable music scan in native mode
fix Apple TV issue

• Thanks 2

On 10/6/2021 at 8:58 PM, heula said:

Will do when I get the chance. The last few day it went pretty well with my recordings so far.

Keep you posted.

I did some testing and it is looking good now. Active recordings appear after a minute or so.

All recordings did appear so far.

Thanks.

• Like 1

quickmic
6 minutes ago, alazabe said:

I am now facing problem !

the stream stops after 4 seconds !

kodi.old.log 119.36 kB · 0 downloads kodi.log 146.64 kB · 0 downloads

Seems not to be a plugin issue. Could be a problem with Emby server stream or a Kodi player issue or the file is corrupt.

I assume it's a file specific issue, can you confirm that other files are playing normally?

quickmic

Also there are issue with other plugins, amazon, netflix

2021-10-10 17:46:50.870 T:12048    INFO <general>: CPythonInvoker(21, C:\Users\Kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skinshortcuts\default.py): script successfully run
2021-10-10 17:46:50.927 T:12048   ERROR <general>: Exception ignored in: 
2021-10-10 17:46:50.928 T:12048   ERROR <general>: <function SQLiteDatabase.__del__ at 0x00000251A16F8310>
2021-10-10 17:46:50.928 T:12048   ERROR <general>: 

2021-10-10 17:46:50.928 T:12048   ERROR <general>: Traceback (most recent call last):

2021-10-10 17:46:50.928 T:12048   ERROR <general>:   File "C:\Users\Kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflix\resources\lib\database\db_base_sqlite.py", line 265, in __del__

2021-10-10 17:46:50.941 T:12048   ERROR <general>:     
2021-10-10 17:46:50.941 T:12048   ERROR <general>: self.conn.close()
2021-10-10 17:46:50.942 T:12048   ERROR <general>: 

2021-10-10 17:46:50.942 T:12048   ERROR <general>: sqlite3
2021-10-10 17:46:50.942 T:12048   ERROR <general>: .
2021-10-10 17:46:50.942 T:12048   ERROR <general>: ProgrammingError
2021-10-10 17:46:50.942 T:12048   ERROR <general>: : 
2021-10-10 17:46:50.942 T:12048   ERROR <general>: SQLite objects created in a thread can only be used in that same thread. The object was created in thread id 14184 and this is thread id 12048.

:

2021-10-10 17:46:40.414 T:3408    ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'KeyError'>
                                                   Error Contents: 'amz'
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "C:\Users\Kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.amazon-test\default.py", line 5, in <module>
                                                       EntryPoint()
                                                     File "C:\Users\Kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.amazon-test\resources\lib\startup.py", line 76, in EntryPoint
                                                       g.amz.listContent(args.get('cat'), url, int(args.get('page', '1')), args.get('opt', ''), int(args.get('export', '0')))
                                                     File "C:\Users\Kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.amazon-test\resources\lib\common.py", line 55, in __getattr__
                                                       def __getattr__(self, name): return self._globals[name]
                                                   KeyError: 'amz'
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

2021-10-10 17:46:40.546 T:3408     INFO <general>: Python interpreter stopped

5 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Also there are issue with other plugins, amazon, netflix

2021-10-10 17:46:50.870 T:12048    INFO <general>: CPythonInvoker(21, C:\Users\Kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skinshortcuts\default.py): script successfully run
2021-10-10 17:46:50.927 T:12048   ERROR <general>: Exception ignored in: 
2021-10-10 17:46:50.928 T:12048   ERROR <general>: <function SQLiteDatabase.__del__ at 0x00000251A16F8310>
2021-10-10 17:46:50.928 T:12048   ERROR <general>: 

2021-10-10 17:46:50.928 T:12048   ERROR <general>: Traceback (most recent call last):

2021-10-10 17:46:50.928 T:12048   ERROR <general>:   File "C:\Users\Kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.netflix\resources\lib\database\db_base_sqlite.py", line 265, in __del__

2021-10-10 17:46:50.941 T:12048   ERROR <general>:     
2021-10-10 17:46:50.941 T:12048   ERROR <general>: self.conn.close()

2021-10-10 17:46:50.942 T:12048   ERROR <general>: sqlite3
2021-10-10 17:46:50.942 T:12048   ERROR <general>: .
2021-10-10 17:46:50.942 T:12048   ERROR <general>: ProgrammingError
2021-10-10 17:46:50.942 T:12048   ERROR <general>: : 
2021-10-10 17:46:50.942 T:12048   ERROR <general>: SQLite objects created in a thread can only be used in that same thread. The object was created in thread id 14184 and this is thread id 12048.

:

2021-10-10 17:46:40.414 T:3408    ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'KeyError'>
                                                   Error Contents: 'amz'
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "C:\Users\Kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.amazon-test\default.py", line 5, in <module>
                                                       EntryPoint()
                                                     File "C:\Users\Kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.amazon-test\resources\lib\startup.py", line 76, in EntryPoint
                                                       g.amz.listContent(args.get('cat'), url, int(args.get('page', '1')), args.get('opt', ''), int(args.get('export', '0')))
                                                     File "C:\Users\Kodi\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.amazon-test\resources\lib\common.py", line 55, in __getattr__
                                                       def __getattr__(self, name): return self._globals[name]
                                                   KeyError: 'amz'
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

2021-10-10 17:46:40.546 T:3408     INFO <general>: Python interpreter stopped

What that could be , any idea ?

disabling these addon will it help ?

quickmic
16 minutes ago, alazabe said:

What that could be , any idea ?

disabling these addon will it help ?

I think the issues from the other plugins are not directly related to the playback issue, but yes, you can try to disable them.

1 hour ago, quickmic said:

I think the issues from the other plugins are not directly related to the playback issue, but yes, you can try to disable them.

I tried but the problem seems from kodi so thats will be hard to find it !