embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
Just now, quickmic said:

I can see one of them here:

GetDirectory - Error getting library://video/emby_movies_KidsMovies/inprogress.xml/

Have you tried to reconfigure those nodes? I have changed a few things maybe the path to the node is now different.

The other option: "KidsMovies" is not synced.

nuentes
4 hours ago, quickmic said:

I'm working on a new version with DB IO improvements. Some of the artwork and skin refresh issues are coming from DB IO read/write "conflicts".

Kodi DBs are blocking (in some cases). e.g. If the plugin writes something (e.g. sync) and (native) Kodi requires also DB access. In this case Kodi waits till the plugin has finished it's job.

This could delay Kodi skin updates or even could generate timeouts. In next version, (native) Kodi DB r/w will always have priority and the plugin will pause it's running job.

Not sure when this fix has effects, but at least on skin/artwork refresh. Could be many more.

Hm. This might explain the other weird issue I've noticed. I believe Kodi is writing a weird Watched date/time or something. I have a playlist that displays my TV Shows with unwatched episodes, and ordered by most recently watched. After completing an episode by viewing the TV series will move to the END of the list, rather than to the beginning of the list (marking as watched behaves normally). This is corrected after Kodi restart, and it appears it's because Kodi is getting the correct watch date from Emby Server.

I think you also may have missed my post about Kodi crashing while caching artwork

12 hours ago, nuentes said:

I am noticing Kodi crashing much more frequently since updating yesterday. This appears to be happening while I am scrolling through titles and artwork is caching. Here is a log for the most recent crash. Upgrading emby next gen (from previous most-recent beta) was the only change to my system over the past couple days.

alazabe
6 hours ago, quickmic said:

Please send me a log file with a crashed sync from next-gen.

There are no limitations, sounds like a bug.

kodi.old_(0).logkodi.logHere is the log 

i cant do a new one becuase that take 3 days to scan 3K TVSHOW from the 16K TVSHOW !!!

I hope that can help !

BTW plexkodiconnect AKA PKC addon did scan the same library without problems and the addon based on your emby addon !

quickmic
8 minutes ago, alazabe said:

kodi.old_(0).logkodi.logHere is the log 

i cant do a new one becuase that take 3 days to scan 3K TVSHOW from the 16K TVSHOW !!!

I hope that can help !

BTW plexkodiconnect AKA PKC addon did scan the same library without problems and the addon based on your emby addon !

No I cannot help with a proper kodi.log. These are all from plex...

You don't have to use a a Kodi box. Use a PC, it should be much faster and if there is an issue in sync, it will also appear on a PC.

alazabe
1 minute ago, quickmic said:

No I cannot help with a proper kodi.log. These are all from plex...

You don't have to use a a Kodi box. Use a PC, it should be much faster and if there is an issue in sync, it will also appear on a PC.

This is WIN 10 PC not kodi box But i named it kodi LOL

it take 3 days long to scan 

Kodi 18.9 tried kodi 19 same problem !!

Plugin 6.13

Win 10 latest version 

I will try to do new scan and post the log here 

Just let me know what kodi version you want me to use for the test  ? 

quickmic
4 minutes ago, alazabe said:

This is WIN 10 PC not kodi box But i named it kodi LOL

it take 3 days long to scan 

Kodi 18.9 tried kodi 19 same problem !!

Plugin 6.13

Win 10 latest version 

I will try to do new scan and post the log here 

Just let me know what kodi version you want me to use for the test  ? 

6.0.13 (latest beta is fine)

btw, you mentioned "3K TVSHOW from the 16K TVSHOW !!!"  and this takes 3 days?

Not sure why this takes so long, I have 7K movies 15K episodes 23K musicvideos and it's synced in 40 Minutes on a PC.

Don't run updates or syncs or any other scheduled task on Emby server while syncing. This has a huge impact on sync performance.

Edited by quickmic

alazabe
Just now, quickmic said:

6.0.13 (latest beta is fine)

btw, you mentioned "3K TVSHOW from the 16K TVSHOW !!!"  and this takes 3 days?

Not sure why this takes so long, I have 7K movies 15K episodes 23K musicvideos and it's synced in 40 Minutes on a PC.

yes it take that long !

i think the problem when new content added while scanning the plugin stop scan the library 

I will do the test with kodi 19.1 and update you 

quickmic
1 minute ago, alazabe said:

i think the problem when new content added while scanning the plugin stop scan the library

Yes, it does, actual it pause the sync. Will be also "fixed" in next version...

MAForshaw
14 hours ago, wanderjarra said:

Watching TVshow and using the latest version 6.0.13 I notice that it doesn't mark as watched episode at the end, when I play again in the episode I just watched it marks 10 - 15%.
Has anyone else had this problem? I'll see if I make the log available.

Yes, I have this problem with TV Shows, it's broken for me as well. I'm trying to track down which beta version broke it because it worked perfectly previously. If you check your Emby activity log, does it look odd? Mine shows "x is playing y" followed by "x has finished playing y" and then "x has finished playing y" over and over all within minutes of each other. So it looks like an issue with the reporting of progress back to Emby. Note I use native mode.

Edited by MAForshaw

quickmic
1 minute ago, MAForshaw said:

Yes, I have this problem with TV Shows, it's broken for me as well. I'm trying to track down which beta version broke it because it worked perfectly previously. If you check your Emby activity log, does it look odd? Mine shows "x is playing y" followed by "x has finished playing y" and then "x has finished playing y" over and over all within minutes of each other. So it looks like an issue with the reporting of progress back to Emby. Note I use native mode.

Please send me a kodi.log after Kodi startup and plugin was connected to Emby server. I wanna check something.

MAForshaw
20 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Please send me a kodi.log after Kodi startup and plugin was connected to Emby server. I wanna check something.

PM sent with log.

quickmic
1 minute ago, MAForshaw said:

PM sent with log.

Thanks, the log looks perfect. I just wanna check for a double login problem. Last time a user reported a very similar case, it was a connection issue.

banderson1311
11 hours ago, quickmic said:

I can see one of them here:

GetDirectory - Error getting library://video/emby_movies_KidsMovies/inprogress.xml/

Have you tried to reconfigure those nodes? I have changed a few things maybe the path to the node is now different.

Yes, it looks like the nodes changes so I had to reconfigure.  Odd thing is that when I configure this in Aeon Knox Silvo it adds as Music instead of Videos.  I changed the values in script.skinshortcuts/mainmenu.DATA.xml to Videos:

<shortcut>
		<defaultID>halloween</defaultID>
		<label>Halloween</label>
		<label2>Custom item</label2>
		<icon>DefaultFolder.png</icon>
		<thumb />
		<action>ActivateWindow(Videos,library://video/emby_movies_Halloween/all.xml/,return)</action>
	</shortcut>

However, it still loads as if it's music with only those views available.  I'm at a bit of a loss.  Any suggestions?

EDIT: It looks like I just had to force Skin Shortcuts to reload and now they show up like videos.  Not sure if it's something with that plugin or Emby Next Gen that makes them show up at Music initially but easy enough to fix.

Thanks for the help!

Edited by banderson1311
  • Like 1

quickmic
9 hours ago, banderson1311 said:

Yes, it looks like the nodes changes so I had to reconfigure.  Odd thing is that when I configure this in Aeon Knox Silvo it adds as Music instead of Videos.  I changed the values in script.skinshortcuts/mainmenu.DATA.xml to Videos:

<shortcut>
		<defaultID>halloween</defaultID>
		<label>Halloween</label>
		<label2>Custom item</label2>
		<icon>DefaultFolder.png</icon>
		<thumb />
		<action>ActivateWindow(Videos,library://video/emby_movies_Halloween/all.xml/,return)</action>
	</shortcut>

However, it still loads as if it's music with only those views available.  I'm at a bit of a loss.  Any suggestions?

EDIT: It looks like I just had to force Skin Shortcuts to reload and now they show up like videos.  Not sure if it's something with that plugin or Emby Next Gen that makes them show up at Music initially but easy enough to fix.

Thanks for the help!

Welcome. Not sure why it's so tricky in you setup. I use estuary mod v2 skin and it's just a few clicks and no manual xml edit necessary in any way.

banderson1311
3 hours ago, quickmic said:

Welcome. Not sure why it's so tricky in you setup. I use estuary mod v2 skin and it's just a few clicks and no manual xml edit necessary in any way.

For some reason when I add menu entries from an add-on, even a Video add-on like Emby, it creates the action as "Music".  I should probably do some research into why that happens or if I'm configuring something wrong, but it's a quick manual fix and not one I have to do often so I've never put in the time.  Maybe this can be my motivation. 🙂 

• Like 1

quickmic
9 minutes ago, misterkoat said:

Great addon if one is using "Addon Mode". For those of us who use "Native Paths", it breaks almost everything.

Have you used Kodi 18 to test native mode?

quickmic

New beta version available 6.1.1

delta changelog:

reduce (Kodi) DB open time to minimum to avoid (exclusive open) delays
give kodi priority db access
add db delete option on mandatory db rebuilds
progress bar fixes
fix unicode issue in native mode
fix websocket updates (remove item)
artwork changes
fix multiple server detection
improve library remove/repair
fix subtitle selection

... and many more

Comment:

I changed several artwork handling. If you wanna try you have to update or repair the db (or fully wipe it, but not mandatory).

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 2

heula
22 minutes ago, quickmic said:

@heula

Can you please check again recordings. I also modified a few lines in that code....

Will do when I get the chance. The last few day it went pretty well with my recordings so far.

Keep you posted.

• Like 1

quickmic

I released another beta version 6.1.1

There was a major bug in the previous one. sorry for the inconvenience  😞 -> new content was never added, even on init sync

And there is still a but with multiversion videos... I'll fix it soon...

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 2

quickmic
43 minutes ago, misterkoat said:

i have 19 only.

Then let me ask what's the actual problem with native mode beside it makes maintaining and testing MUCH harder. I would celebrate if this awful native mode could be finally dropped. (btw. same for Kodi 18 support 😉)

Edited by quickmic

alazabe
4 hours ago, quickmic said:

New beta version available 6.1.1

delta changelog:

reduce (Kodi) DB open time to minimum to avoid (exclusive open) delays
give kodi priority db access
add db delete option on mandatory db rebuilds
progress bar fixes
fix unicode issue in native mode
fix websocket updates (remove item)
artwork changes
fix multiple server detection
improve library remove/repair
fix subtitle selection

... and many more

Comment:

I changed several artwork handling. If you wanna try you have to update or repair the db (or fully wipe it, but not mandatory).

This version is faster with kodi 19 ! 

But still not as fast as plexkodiconnent which based on your plugin ! 

I think the way it work it help it to be a faster 

PKC scan tv then seasons then episodes and that maybe better than the emby plugin that do full scan for each tv ( Maybe kodi like the way pkc works then the emby next gen way  ? 

Edited by alazabe

Centory
33 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Then let me ask what's the actual problem with native mode beside it makes maintaining and testing MUCH harder. I would celebrate if this awful native mode could be finally dropped. (btw. same for Kodi 18 support 😉)

I use the native mode with kodi 19.x and since e4k NG 6.0.7 i have no problems and some kodi addons works better with native mode, so please don't drop.

Between version 5.3.4 and 6.0.x was a bigger change,  so I had to adjust some nodes and other things you have fixed and now it works perfect for me with also the newest version (6.1.11).

Edited by Centory