quickmic

Glyde62

Notice lately emby seems to be getting stuck on scanning new content 

Was struck on 65% for one show for ever today

quickmic
2 hours ago, Glyde62 said:

Notice lately emby seems to be getting stuck on scanning new content 

Was struck on 65% for one show for ever today

Please send me a kodi.log and I'll check it.

quickmic

Status update:

The latest beta has issues with folder removal -> if a complete folder was removed, next gen doesn't remove the content correctly

also there are Apple TV issues

...and some minor db lock issues (affecting Android boxes)

I'm working on that...

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

SwanStream

I'm confused! Maybe there's a fork that I got lost in... What is/is this the 'main fork' for the emby next gen kodi addon? I got some version(s) that were not working well for me... 6.0.9 or something like that. I'm working from the Kodi Emby Addons (Version 1.0.6 and has Beta and Stable repo), and Kodi Emby Beta Addons Repo (version 1.0.9 and has beta repo and stable repo) I'm currently using 6.1.3 from the Kodi Emby Addons Version 1.0.6 beta repo.... I think.

See how that can get confusing? Is there map somewhere that explains what's happening where? Or can someone give me a dope slap and tell me where to be?

Please.🙏

Edited by SwanStream

embyL0VER

@quickmic is it possible that the way how artworks get synced has changed since 6.x version vs. 5.x version of your plugin? Asking cause my movie artwork for landscape now uses fanart.jpg and not the landscape.jpg how it should be.

The landscape.jpg is the artwork which typically has the name of the movie on it.

For TV Shows this is still working but not for movies. So all landscape widgets for movies using fanart.jpg now.

This was not the case with 5.3.4 for example.

Can this please get fixed so the landscape widgets only use fanart.jpg if landscape.jpg is not present like before?

Centory

When i add manually a movie to a boxset, this will don't automatically update in kodi, only after refresh boxsets. With versions (i think 6.0.9-6.1.11) before 6.1.13 was this working.

• Like 1

quickmic
10 hours ago, SwanStream said:

I'm confused! Maybe there's a fork that I got lost in... What is/is this the 'main fork' for the emby next gen kodi addon? I got some version(s) that were not working well for me... 6.0.9 or something like that. I'm working from the Kodi Emby Addons (Version 1.0.6 and has Beta and Stable repo), and Kodi Emby Beta Addons Repo (version 1.0.9 and has beta repo and stable repo) I'm currently using 6.1.3 from the Kodi Emby Addons Version 1.0.6 beta repo.... I think.

See how that can get confusing? Is there map somewhere that explains what's happening where? Or can someone give me a dope slap and tell me where to be?

Please.🙏

Not sure what confuses you. There is one stable and one beta repo available here:

https://kodi.emby.tv/

As you are using 6.1.3, seems to be beta repo you are using.

Also there can be experimental version available which are neither in beta or stable repo. The are only available via sideload from https://kodi.emby.tv/Public testing/

quickmic
9 hours ago, embyL0VER said:

@quickmic is it possible that the way how artworks get synced has changed since 6.x version vs. 5.x version of your plugin? Asking cause my movie artwork for landscape now uses fanart.jpg and not the landscape.jpg how it should be.

There is a long discussion about artwork, starting from here...

Let me know what exactly you want, cause there is no such thing as "landscape" definition in Emby.

From my point of view, it's currently correct but I'm open for changes, if the "standard" is wrong implemented.

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159102-movie-naming

A "landscape" image in Emby is actually a "thumb" according to Emby which is not the "landscape" in Kodi, cause it's "fanart" if there is no dedicated landscape available.

It's complicated...

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
9 hours ago, Centory said:

When i add manually a movie to a boxset, this will don't automatically update in kodi, only after refresh boxsets. With versions (i think 6.0.9-6.1.11) before 6.1.13 was this working.

Will check it, thanks for reporting.

• Thanks 1

SwanStream
9 hours ago, quickmic said:

Not sure what confuses you. There is one stable and one beta repo available here:

https://kodi.emby.tv/

What I mean is that each repo 1.0.6 and 1.0.9 has two options stable and beta. To be clearer - EACH repo has both options available as "versions" that can be selected.... I'm so tired of resetting databases I'm reluctant to try all 4 options to see if there are only two options repeated twice, or....?

If 1.0.6's version of 'beta' and 1.0.9's version of 'beta are the same is maybe a clearer way to ask the question....

pünktchen
9 hours ago, quickmic said:

A "landscape" image in Emby is actually a "thumb" according to Emby which is not the "landscape" in Kodi, cause it's "fanart" if there is no dedicated landscape available.

A thumb image in Emby is for the purpose of a landscape image. Just enable saving of metadata with media files in your Emby libraries and you will see the thumbs are saved as landscape.jpg, the same format that Kodi uses.

quickmic
1 hour ago, pünktchen said:

A thumb image in Emby is for the purpose of a landscape image. Just enable saving of metadata with media files in your Emby libraries and you will see the thumbs are saved as landscape.jpg, the same format that Kodi uses.

Yep, seems you are right. I'll change that for movies.

pünktchen
13 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Yep, seems you are right. I'll change that for movies.

You can change it for everything. Emby's thumb image is the equivalent to Kodi's landscape image. It's the primary image of Emby that is used differently Kodi. For movies, series, seasons and collections the primary image of Emby is poster in Kodi. For episodes, artists, albums, songs, pictures and folders, the primary image of Emby is thumb in Kodi.

embyL0VER
5 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

You can change it for everything. Emby's thumb image is the equivalent to Kodi's landscape image. It's the primary image of Emby that is used differently Kodi. For movies, series, seasons and collections the primary image of Emby is poster in Kodi. For episodes, artists, albums, songs, pictures and folders, the primary image of Emby is thumb in Kodi.

Using embuary Skin with Kodi and for "TV Show widgets" the correct artwork (landscape) is used if I switch to landscape. So I'm guessing it is only wrong for movies but maybe I'm wrong.

I think that is why quickmic says he will change it for movies.

• Like 1

quickmic
15 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

New mapping table:

if KodiMediaType == "episode":
            ArtMapping = {
                'Primary': 'thumb',
                'Banner': "banner",
                'Logo': "clearlogo",
                'Art': "clearart",
                'Disc': "discart",
                'Backdrop': "fanart"
            }
        elif KodiMediaType in ("tvshow", "movie"):
            ArtMapping = {
                'Thumb': "landscape",
                'Primary': 'poster',
            }
        elif KodiMediaType in ('song', 'artist', 'album'):
            ArtMapping = {
                'Primary': 'thumb',
            }
        else:
            ArtMapping = {
                'Thumb': "thumb",
                'Primary': "poster",
            }

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

pünktchen

I would set it like this:

if KodiMediaType in ("tvshow", "movie"):
    ArtMapping = {
        'Thumb': "landscape",
        'Primary': 'poster',
    }
else:
    ArtMapping = {
        'Thumb': "thumb",
        'Primary': "thumb",
    }

Of course all depends on how the Emby ItemTypes are mapped to Kodi MediaTypes. So for example it isn't clear to me how collections or tv show seasons are handled.

ntilagoa
On 10/16/2021 at 1:05 PM, quickmic said:

Yes I see, you have a serious connection websocket issue with Emby server. Also there is a db issue which could be a result of the connection issue.

I don't know what causes the problem, could be config file corruption. Delete next-gen config and reconnect to server.

Hi @quickmic

This is also happening on another machine since I update to version 6.1.3

quickmic
8 minutes ago, ntilagoa said:

Hi @quickmic

This is also happening on another machine since I update to version 6.1.3

Were you able to fix it?

quickmic
1 minute ago, ntilagoa said:

Yes. The same way. Deleting servers file and reconnecting. 
but is strange 

Yep, any pattern?

quickmic
5 minutes ago, ntilagoa said:

The only thing in common is the server. It’s the same. I will try with another server to see if this happens 

I mean, did Kodi crash before the issues appears, did you restart the server, did you load new content, have you installed plugins on Kodi before it happens such things.

An operational pattern...