embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

42 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Please upgrade to 6.1.4. I fixed some bug related to that matter.

I just did before posting that actually and thought about only posting after checking if something changed but I didn't see nothing specified in your patchnotes.

Should I repair database, reset database or just proceed normally and wait for the addon to do it's thing when I eventually add something new to the server?

quickmic
On 10/22/2021 at 11:41 AM, quickmic said:

New version available:

Delta changelog:

- fix progress updates
- remove smb and http from sources.xml
- fix node update on library removal
- fix translations
- add db locks, especially for Android -> thread safety
- fix folder remove
- change landscape artwork for movie content
- update nodes (following Kodi "standard")
- fix playposition on remote controlled playback
- fix Apple TV node issues
- add episode sorting for dynamic content

Currently it's not in Kodi repo, I wait for feedback before upload.

Yes, you must repair the libs, otherwise only new modifications is handled correctly.

btw, 6.1.4 must be sideloded, it's not in Kodi repo yet.

Edited by quickmic

3 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Yes, you must repair the libs, otherwise only new modifications is handled correctly.

btw, 6.1.4 must be sideloded, it's not in Kodi repo yet.

Ok i'm repairing the libs now. Regarding 6.1.4 yes i'm aware, I just sideloaded into my 3 Nvidia Shields.

Btw, repairing libs on 3 nvidia shields at the same time should impact performance/speed of such repair time?

Thanks for such a fast response.

Edited by djhifi

quickmic
1 minute ago, djhifi said:

Btw, repairing libs on 3 nvidia shields at the same time should impact performance/speed of such repair time?

Yes it does, related to Emby server load. Not actually the plugin.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, quickmic said:

Yes it does, related to Emby server load. Not actually the plugin.

By the way, I've experimented with "reset local database" on one of my Shields and altough it's removing everything (checked via //SMB) the plugin does not prompt for the iniital sync after auto-closing the app when the reset local database is done.

quickmic
1 minute ago, djhifi said:

By the way, I've experimented with "reset local database" on one of my Shields and altough it's removing everything (checked via //SMB) the plugin does not prompt for the iniital sync after auto-closing the app when the reset local database is done.

Wizard is only offered, if you also wipe the plugin settings. I assume this was the case. -> not wiped settings

7 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Wizard is only offered, if you also wipe the plugin settings. I assume this was the case. -> not wiped settings

Sorry you lost me there. Not wiped settings?

I only issued "reset local database" + "remove cached artwork" for the "delete settings'" I choosed "no".

The addon, when I reopen KODI, is even logging me in with the username for that Shield, just not prompting the Wizard for the initial sync (like it used to be before).

EDIT: Ok just understood what you meant. This was a recent change, correct? 

Having to wipe settings and re-adding everything after that is a bit time consuming and tiresome when people like me have 3+ KODIs, is it going to stay like this?

Should I manually add libraries moving forward then?

Edited by djhifi

quickmic

Yes it stays (if there are no major complains) and yes just add the libraries via plugin config menu.

Frankly, I'm not a fan of wizards. The assumption was and is/ if users don't wipe settings, user seems to know how to re-add the libs manually.

Actually users should always know that, it's a core functionality.

But just my point of view, sure I know this plugin in all its details.

clarkss12

Just installed ver. 6.1.14 and it sailed right through the movies AND TV shows........... 

• Like 1

quickmic
1 minute ago, clarkss12 said:

Just installed ver. 6.1.14 and it sailed right through the movies AND TV shows........... 

Glad to hear 🙂

@All: I can confirm, there is still a bug in boxset content removal. I'm working on that...

• Thanks 1

quickmic
On 10/22/2021 at 3:15 PM, Centory said:

Hi @quickmicalso with version 6.1.4, to test i have deleted a movie from a collection in emby-server (4.7.0.15), but in kodi nothing happens. Only after "update collections".

I can confirm that, did it work with any previous version? I think this is currently a limitation, not sure if I can fix that.

embyL0VER

Hi, using 6.1.4 with "Addon-Mode" in combination with the Upnext addon makes Kodi crash. Sometimes at the end of first episode I'm watching, sometimes at the end of the 2nd or 3rd. Last time I checked "Native-Mode" was with 5.3.4 and there no crash occurs using Fire TV Cube and Kodi 19.2.

quickmic
7 hours ago, embyL0VER said:

Hi, using 6.1.4 with "Addon-Mode" in combination with the Upnext addon makes Kodi crash. Sometimes at the end of first episode I'm watching, sometimes at the end of the 2nd or 3rd. Last time I checked "Native-Mode" was with 5.3.4 and there no crash occurs using Fire TV Cube and Kodi 19.2.

Please send me a kodi log when this happens. Currently I cannot reproduce the issue.

quickmic

New version available 6.1.5 (beta):

Delta changelog:

- remove unneseccary workers on progress updates
- improve threading
- Plugin start optimized
- Improve wake up -> faster reconnect
- fix resume progress indicator
- connection improvements
- add fallback ports for websocket connection (port 80, 443 is not set for some reason)
- fix Italian language file
- fix db migrate
- fix tvtunes
- add settings translation

Currently it's not in Kodi repo, I wait for feedback before upload.

• Thanks 1

Centory

@quickmicWhen I delete one or more fanarts on the Emby server (4.7.0.15), I have no backdrop/fanart for 5 seconds per deleted fanart at that location. With this movie what you see in my screenshot, i have for 20 seconds no backdrop, because i have deleted 4 fanarts. Tested with version e4k 6.1.4 and 6.1.5, no idea if it was before.

screenshot0001.png

quickmic
Just now, Centory said:

Emby for Kodi restart is not available in 6.1.5 anymore.

Yes, I removed that.

Centory

Sorry, but why? Sometimes it's usefull, please add it aigain, i really don't know why usefull things need to be changed.

Other thing is a translation mistake "Cache all artwork" is now in german "Artworks Zwischenspeicher", that does not sound good.

quickmic
27 minutes ago, Centory said:

Sorry, but why? Sometimes it's usefull, please add it aigain, i really don't know why usefull things need to be changed.

Due to code optimization. Otherwise an infinite loop is necessary to capture plugin restart commands. Imho a small prize to pay and I don't see the benefit of this option? What's your usecase?

Other thing is a translation mistake "Cache all artwork" is now in german "Artworks Zwischenspeicher", that does not sound good.

Yep, an "n" is missing and should be lower case. Will fix it to "Artwork zwischenspeichern"

Edited by quickmic

Sinnedyam

Hello again.
I'm not sure if the problem has already been reported, but I can't mark movies and series as watched in 6.1.3. and newer. 
I use Kodi within the family with 4 accounts and after we watched a movie with the kids, in one of the kids accounts, I wanted to mark the movie as watched in my profile a few days later as well. 
For this I usually use a button on my remote control. This did not work. And marking it via the context menu didn't work either. 
If I mark the movie via the browser directly in the Emby server, it is correctly synchronized to Kodi. 

Is this already known or I have something not correctly done?

quickmic
13 minutes ago, Sinnedyam said:

Hello again.
I'm not sure if the problem has already been reported, but I can't mark movies and series as watched in 6.1.3. and newer. 
I use Kodi within the family with 4 accounts and after we watched a movie with the kids, in one of the kids accounts, I wanted to mark the movie as watched in my profile a few days later as well. 
For this I usually use a button on my remote control. This did not work. And marking it via the context menu didn't work either. 
If I mark the movie via the browser directly in the Emby server, it is correctly synchronized to Kodi. 

Is this already known or I have something not correctly done?

Well it should work but frankly, I don't use that function very often. I'll check it again, btw there is no difference how you mark the content as watched. The trigger is the same.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
6 hours ago, Centory said:

@quickmicWhen I delete one or more fanarts on the Emby server (4.7.0.15), I have no backdrop/fanart for 5 seconds per deleted fanart at that location. With this movie what you see in my screenshot, i have for 20 seconds no backdrop, because i have deleted 4 fanarts. Tested with version e4k 6.1.4 and 6.1.5, no idea if it was before.

screenshot0001.png

I assume this is a skin related delay. There was something similar reported with cast view delay. Probably the skin helpers are responsible for the delay.

Centory
3 hours ago, quickmic said:

Due to code optimization. Otherwise an infinite loop is necessary to capture plugin restart commands. Imho a small prize to pay and I don't see the benefit of this option? What's your usecase?

Because the real time sync works not everytime or to slow, but forget it, it's your addon and i don't want to beg for for.👍

56 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I assume this is a skin related delay. There was something similar reported with cast view delay. Probably the skin helpers are responsible for the delay.

After a DB reset is all normal, but with older version i did not have this problem and i don't use skin helper addons (except an IMDB Ratings Updater), with kodi matrix is all on board.

And it's not a delay, a restart don't fix it, a library update don't fix it, only a DB reset.

3 hours ago, quickmic said:

Yep, an "n" is missing and should be lower case. Will fix it to "Artwork zwischenspeichern"

So you will mix english and german, it sounds stupid, why not "Cache (all) artwork" or "Bilder zwischenspeichern oder puffern"?

ntilagoa
On 10/22/2021 at 8:12 PM, quickmic said:

I know what's going wrong, but don;t know why. I checked your log (you send me via PM) again.

I can see that the port is missing. you log shows:

As a test, I tried to connect to your server. I skipped before actual login, but in case you have an invalid connection in the log, don't be alarmed. This was me. Anyway, my log looks like that:

As you compare both, you can see, the port is missing in your log. I have no idea why, are you 100% sure the server ip/url was correct and also the port?

Can you assign me a test account on your server?

Really???

You should have ask permission before trying to connect to the server, don’t you think? 
I do not trust you anymore, and will not post again on this forum.

Bye