embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

misterkoat
44 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Then let me ask what's the actual problem with native mode beside it makes maintaining and testing MUCH harder. I would celebrate if this awful native mode could be finally dropped. (btw. same for Kodi 18 support 😉)

Native mode is actually very important. For Devices that don't have enough RAM to spare, playing files directly from the native paths via SMB is faster than stream files from the server. It offers faster and smoother playback. I know someone would say, "get a better device". Which brings me to my second point. CU LRC relies on being able to read files directly from the path in order to display lyrics. Stream files don't contain a naming structure that the addon can decode to display lyrics. CU LRC can read files named same as the audio file eg %A-%T.mp3 requires %A-%T.lrc

misterkoat
19 minutes ago, Centory said:

I use the native mode with kodi 19.x and since e4k NG 6.0.7 i have no problems and some kodi addons works better with native mode, so please don't drop.

Between version 5.3.4 and 6.0.x was a bigger change,  so I had to adjust some nodes and other things you have fixed and now it works perfect for me with also the newest version (6.1.11).

i haven't tried native mode with 6.1.11. I used 6.0... and the nodes didn't have any content rendering my widgets empty. Also, playstates weren't being updated on kodi db even after being updated on emby db. I had to switch to addon mode. Let me try this one and see

misterkoat
14 minutes ago, misterkoat said:

i haven't tried native mode with 6.1.11. I used 6.0... and the nodes didn't have any content rendering my widgets empty. Also, playstates weren't being updated on kodi db even after being updated on emby db. I had to switch to addon mode. Let me try this one and see

tried. the widgets show up correctly (they are direct from nodes) for a few seconds and then dissappear. on the upside lyrics show up. something will have to give.

BaukeZwart
13 hours ago, quickmic said:

New beta version available 6.1.1

Comment:

I changed several artwork handling. If you wanna try you have to update or repair the db (or fully wipe it, but not mandatory).

Just installed 6.1.1 on both Shield and Windows.
On both devices I did a db reset including plugin data wipe and artwork cache (my usual routine).
On both devices at every restart of Kodi I'm now greeted with the "enable user rating sync" and "playback mode" selection popups before getting the welkom message.
https://paste.kodi.tv/ugarenutey

quickmic
44 minutes ago, BaukeZwart said:

On both devices I did a db reset including plugin data wipe and artwork cache (my usual routine).
On both devices at every restart of Kodi I'm now greeted with the "enable user rating sync" and "playback mode" selection popups before getting the welkom message.

Yep, I'll fix it in next version. This happens on "fresh" installations or when settings are wiped.

Nothing to worry, just annoying the wizard-msgs.

• Like 1

BaukeZwart
16 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Yep, I'll fix it in next version. This happens on "fresh" installations or when settings are wiped.

On the last few versions the only way I can do a dB reset is with a settings wipe. If I don't wipe the settings I'm not getting the sync selection screen at boot. So I'm then left with an empty dB.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
9 hours ago, misterkoat said:

Native mode is actually very important. For Devices that don't have enough RAM to spare, playing files directly from the native paths via SMB is faster than stream files from the server. It offers faster and smoother playback.

Do you have tested addon mode in 5/6.x versions? I know there was a huge difference in 4.x between addon and native mode but it's almost gone. Also there should no Ram disadvantage in addon mode, I wouldn't know why.

I know someone would say, "get a better device". Which brings me to my second point. CU LRC relies on being able to read files directly from the path in order to display lyrics. Stream files don't contain a naming structure that the addon can decode to display lyrics. CU LRC can read files named same as the audio file eg %A-%T.mp3 requires %A-%T.lrc

If so, this is poor design. It should use the artist/title infos from Kodi and not from files "guessing" what would could be the artist/title.

quickmic
6 minutes ago, BaukeZwart said:

On the last few versions the only way I can do a dB reset is with a settings wipe. If I don't wipe the settings I'm not getting the sync selection screen at boot. So I'm then left with an empty dB.

Yes, there is no selection screen (on purpose) but, you can add libraries manually via plugin menu.

BaukeZwart
3 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Yes, there is no selection screen (on purpose) but, you can add libraries manually via plugin menu.

Need to look into that.
Wiping everything was the lzay way 

misterkoat
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

Do you have tested addon mode in 5/6.x versions? I know there was a huge difference in 4.x between addon and native mode but it's almost gone. Also there should no Ram disadvantage in addon mode, I wouldn't know why.

I'll use v5 it's the one that served me best with the little problem of plain password but everything is all good

• Like 1

quickmic
9 minutes ago, misterkoat said:

I'll use v5 it's the one that served me best with the little problem of plain password but everything is all good

password is fixed in 6.x

misterkoat

If so, this is poor design. It should use the artist/title infos from Kodi and not from files "guessing" what would could be the artist/title.

it actually gives you options. it just doesn't work the same as when it reads the files directly. it doesn't dispaly lyrics when they are in the same folder with the song. Now I remember why Native paths work best with lyrics. If you have your music files and their lrc files in one machine say a PC, and you have a couple TV's in different rooms, Kodi would be able to stream the songs from Emby, but not the lrc files because they aren't scanned into Emby. When using direct paths, you point the addon to the same location that the music files are.

So, with addon mode you get something like https://abcdfghttjkk.strm for a scanned file

with native paths you get smb://music/song,mp3 and smb://music/song.lrc

You can be able to access the lrc files from every client in your set-up because they can all be able to access the smb paths. 

I don't know if this makes it clearer or more confusing but one has to be able to have used and understood how CU LRC works.

misterkoat
2 hours ago, BaukeZwart said:

Had this problem after doing exactly this. Just install an earlier version eg 6.0.13 and then update to 6.1 and you won't have the problem,

quickmic
24 minutes ago, misterkoat said:

Had this problem after doing exactly this. Just install an earlier version eg 6.0.13 and then update to 6.1 and you won't have the problem,

2 hours ago, BaukeZwart said:

2 hours ago, quickmic said:

quickmic
12 hours ago, Centory said:

I use the native mode with kodi 19.x and since e4k NG 6.0.7 i have no problems and some kodi addons works better with native mode, so please don't drop.

Between version 5.3.4 and 6.0.x was a bigger change,  so I had to adjust some nodes and other things you have fixed and now it works perfect for me with also the newest version (6.1.11).

No worries, I'll not drop native mode, but probably Kodi 18 support. But not in near future. Maybe when Kodi 20 is out.

• Thanks 2

quickmic
13 hours ago, alazabe said:

This version is faster with kodi 19 ! 

But still not as fast as plexkodiconnent which based on your plugin ! 

I think the way it work it help it to be a faster 

PKC scan tv then seasons then episodes and that maybe better than the emby plugin that do full scan for each tv ( Maybe kodi like the way pkc works then the emby next gen way  ? 

plexkodiconnent doesn't seem to be based on next-gen.

PKC scan tv then seasons then episodes and that maybe better than the emby plugin

This is exactly how next-gen works on init sync. Only it does it staggered. It seems they use a paging setting. Feel free to increase this value in next gen with all the drawbacks.

Edited by quickmic

alazabe

plexkodiconnent doesn't seem to be based on next-gen.

This is exactly how next-gen works on init sync. Only it does it staggered. It seems they use a paging setting. Feel free to increase this value in next gen with all the drawbacks.

Just updated to 6.1.1 and its so fast ! 

Thanks a lot , i can't thank you enough

• Thanks 1

artstar
19 hours ago, quickmic said:

I released another beta version 6.1.1

There was a major bug in the previous one. sorry for the inconvenience  😞 -> new content was never added, even on init sync

And there is still a but with multiversion videos... I'll fix it soon...

Many thanks for this update mate (and thanks for keeping the native mode!). I have noticed a problem with the Emby Options selection in the context menu, in that selecting "Emby Options" does not present me with the relevant submenu, which I use often to delete media after it has been viewed.

This is in Coreelec Matrix RC3 and I can confirm it was working in the previous version of the addon.

The kodi.log file (debug mode) presents the following information upon selecting the "Emby Options" selection:

2021-10-08 02:25:15.055 T:4715    DEBUG <general>: ------ Window Deinit (DialogContextMenu.xml) ------
2021-10-08 02:25:15.057 T:12222   DEBUG <general>: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
2021-10-08 02:25:15.058 T:12222    INFO <general>: initializing python engine.
2021-10-08 02:25:15.060 T:12222   DEBUG <general>: CPythonInvoker(282, /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/context.py): start processing
2021-10-08 02:25:15.102 T:12222   DEBUG <general>: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
2021-10-08 02:25:15.102 T:12222   DEBUG <general>:

2021-10-08 02:25:15.102 T:12222   DEBUG <general>: CPythonInvoker(282, /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/context.py): the source file to load is "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/context.py"
2021-10-08 02:25:15.102 T:12222   DEBUG <general>: CPythonInvoker(282, /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/context.py): setting the Python path to /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen:/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.certifi/lib:/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.chardet/lib:/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.dateutil/lib:/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.idna/lib:/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib:/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.six/lib:/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.urllib3/lib:/usr/lib/python38.zip:/usr/lib/python3.8:/usr/lib/python3.8/lib-dynload:/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages
2021-10-08 02:25:15.103 T:12222   DEBUG <general>: CPythonInvoker(282, /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/context.py): entering source directory /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen
2021-10-08 02:25:15.103 T:12222   DEBUG <general>: CPythonInvoker(282, /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/context.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "plugin.video.emby-next-gen" dependent on version 0.0.0 of the xbmc.python api
2021-10-08 02:25:15.104 T:12222    INFO <general>: CPythonInvoker(282, /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/context.py): script successfully run
2021-10-08 02:25:15.104 T:12222   DEBUG <general>: onExecutionDone(282, /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/context.py)
2021-10-08 02:25:15.494 T:12222    INFO <general>: Python interpreter stopped
2021-10-08 02:25:15.495 T:12222   DEBUG <general>: Thread LanguageInvoker 2910843520 terminating

quickmic
4 minutes ago, artstar said:

Many thanks for this update mate (and thanks for keeping the native mode!). I have noticed a problem with the Emby Options selection in the context menu, in that selecting "Emby Options" does not present me with the relevant submenu, which I use often to delete media after it has been viewed.

This is in Coreelec Matrix RC3 and I can confirm it was working in the previous version of the addon.

The kodi.log file (debug mode) presents the following information upon selecting the "Emby Options" selection:

2021-10-08 02:25:15.055 T:4715    DEBUG <general>: ------ Window Deinit (DialogContextMenu.xml) ------
2021-10-08 02:25:15.057 T:12222   DEBUG <general>: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
2021-10-08 02:25:15.058 T:12222    INFO <general>: initializing python engine.
2021-10-08 02:25:15.060 T:12222   DEBUG <general>: CPythonInvoker(282, /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/context.py): start processing
2021-10-08 02:25:15.102 T:12222   DEBUG <general>: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
2021-10-08 02:25:15.102 T:12222   DEBUG <general>:

2021-10-08 02:25:15.102 T:12222   DEBUG <general>: CPythonInvoker(282, /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/context.py): the source file to load is "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/context.py"
2021-10-08 02:25:15.102 T:12222   DEBUG <general>: CPythonInvoker(282, /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/context.py): setting the Python path to /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen:/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.certifi/lib:/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.chardet/lib:/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.dateutil/lib:/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.idna/lib:/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib:/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.six/lib:/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.urllib3/lib:/usr/lib/python38.zip:/usr/lib/python3.8:/usr/lib/python3.8/lib-dynload:/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages
2021-10-08 02:25:15.103 T:12222   DEBUG <general>: CPythonInvoker(282, /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/context.py): entering source directory /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen
2021-10-08 02:25:15.103 T:12222   DEBUG <general>: CPythonInvoker(282, /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/context.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "plugin.video.emby-next-gen" dependent on version 0.0.0 of the xbmc.python api
2021-10-08 02:25:15.104 T:12222    INFO <general>: CPythonInvoker(282, /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/context.py): script successfully run
2021-10-08 02:25:15.104 T:12222   DEBUG <general>: onExecutionDone(282, /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/context.py)
2021-10-08 02:25:15.494 T:12222    INFO <general>: Python interpreter stopped
2021-10-08 02:25:15.495 T:12222   DEBUG <general>: Thread LanguageInvoker 2910843520 terminating

Have you enabled the delete option in the plugin config?

artstar

I do.

Is that necessary for the Emby Options menu to appear though? I can understand that for the delete option to be available in that menu but I don't get any Emby Options appear when I select that from the initial context menu.

Edit: For what it's worth, I did also try disabling and then re-enabling the context menu setting in the plugin config. No change.

Edited by artstar

quickmic
21 minutes ago, artstar said:

I do.

Is that necessary for the Emby Options menu to appear though? I can understand that for the delete option to be available in that menu but I don't get any Emby Options appear when I select that from the initial context menu.

Edit: For what it's worth, I did also try disabling and then re-enabling the context menu setting in the plugin config. No change.

I'll perform a test in native mode. Works fine here in addon mode.

quickmic

Works fine also in native mode. What is exactly the problem? Is the emby option not available in context menu? Is the context menu not working? Are selection options missing. Please describe in detail and/or send a screenshot.

artstar
30 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Works fine also in native mode. What is exactly the problem? Is the emby option not available in context menu? Is the context menu not working? Are selection options missing. Please describe in detail and/or send a screenshot.

Emby Option appears in the context menu. Selecting it, however, results in the context menu closing and does not present the options that you would normally expect. Basically, a road to nowhere.

quickmic
9 minutes ago, artstar said:

Emby Option appears in the context menu. Selecting it, however, results in the context menu closing and does not present the options that you would normally expect. Basically, a road to nowhere.

Please send me a complete log...