embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic

New version available 6.0.10 build 81 (ex8)

delta changelog:

- progress bar value fix for update worker
- fix compatibility mode
- fix double login to Emby server after sleepmode
- minor progress update fixes
- fix music artworks

With the latest EXPERIMENTAL VERSION 6.0.10 build 59 (ex5) my recordings won't update again and delete option is not working for me.

<F5>RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.emby-next-gen?mode=delete)</F5><!-- Delete emby item context menu shortcut will activate when pressing "F5" -->

Delete option through the Emby menu does work.

The update option does not work and only a library repair does work to get my new recordings visible. In this case it is the recording Veronica Inside.

Is it possible to set coverart to disbled by default? Everytime a database reset is required after a new next gen update this is enabled by default and I don't want Coverart from Emby. I use the Kodi coverart because it better visible.

Thanks.

kodi.log embyserver-63768490408.txt embyserver.txt

Edited by heula

quickmic
3 hours ago, heula said:

Is it possible to set coverart to disbled by default? Everytime a database reset is required after a new next gen update this is enabled by default and I don't want Coverart from Emby. I use the Kodi coverart because it better visible.

You mean the artwork enhancer? Sure I can.

Recordings:

Your log actually looking good, I'll perform additional tests. Maybe I find something...

quickmic

Another new version available:

6.0.10 build 89 (ex9)

Delta changelog:

- music sync (kodi 18)
- mediathek fixes
- progress update fix
- clean code

• Thanks 3

quickmic

I uploaded the latest version as beta with one minor additional fix:

delta changelog:

- multiserver music issue

I'll leave it in the git repo for a few days. If there is nothing seriously wrong, I'll push it in the Kodi (beta) repo as well.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, quickmic said:

You mean the artwork enhancer? Sure I can.

Recordings:

Your log actually looking good, I'll perform additional tests. Maybe I find something...

Thanks.

Sometimes recordings do appear but often they just won't. 

quickmic
10 minutes ago, heula said:

Thanks.

Sometimes recordings do appear but often they just won't. 

Only "problem" I have found, if "episode" recordings are not assigned to a TV-show. In this case, next-gen will skip the sync (for a good reason). Is this applicable to your case?

Edited by quickmic

11 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Only "problem" I have found, if "episode" recordings are not assigned to a TV-show. In this case, next-gen will skip the sync (for a good reason). Is this applicable to your case?

No because after a library repair they do show up.

• Like 1

Delete is working again for me. After deleting Kodi ends up with empty folders showing and when I press back I end up at the beginning of the library. Is it possible to go back to the letter where I was at that point even if the serie is empty. I hope you know what I mean?

This was always the case before if I remember correctly.

Thanks.

quickmic
1 minute ago, heula said:

Delete is working again for me. After deleting Kodi ends up with empty folders showing and when I press back I end up at the beginning of the library. Is it possible to go back to the letter where I was at that point even if the serie is empty. I hope you know what I mean?

Thanks.

Yes, I know what you mean. Actually here is Kodi in charge, but maybe I can push Kodi doing so.

btw @all

I found another bug in the latest version when removing items (actually folders). It's really an edge case, anyway will be fixed in next beta.

• Thanks 1

quickmic
1 hour ago, heula said:

Thanks.

I think I found the problem, but I'll perform additional tests...

• Thanks 1

RaptorCentauri

The following issue occurs in Native Mode. Using Beta 6.0.10

I'm running into a rather intersting bug using the Extras add-on. The following code is how the add-on gets the extras directory

item_path = sys.listitem.getVideoInfoTag().getPath()
 extras_dir = os.path.join(item_path, addon.getSetting('extras-folder'))

when it's a movie, the item_path is correct

smb://Tower/Media/Movies/#/12 Years a Slave (2013)/

however when it's a TV Show, the following occurs

smb://Tower/Media/TV Shows/S/Stargate SG-1 (1994)smb://Tower/Media/TV Shows/S

it should be this 

smb://Tower/Media/TV Shows/S/Stargate SG-1 (1994)/

So it looks like the way the path is being setup in emby4kodi is somehow adding the full path to the tv show at the end of it.

I imagine this pathing issues could cause problems with other admins as well

I have tested the add-on with the same folder structure using kodi natively (without emby4kodi) and it functions properly.

quickmic

New beta version available: 6.0.11

delta changelog:

- fix remove item issue
- fix recording issue
- fix native tvshow path

@RaptorCentauri

Those are using native mode, must resync the database due to a path issue.

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 3

hstamas

Latest beta seems to have broken live tv when used with the virtual tv addon.

it plays one episode then stops and it plays from the beginning of an episode regardless of the time position in the guide.

logs attached.

kodi.log

quickmic
14 minutes ago, hstamas said:

Latest beta seems to have broken live tv when used with the virtual tv addon.

it plays one episode then stops and it plays from the beginning of an episode regardless of the time position in the guide.

logs attached.

kodi.log 156.38 kB · 0 downloads

ok, will check it.

I send you a PM with a new version....

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

another new version available 6.0.13

delta changelog

- fix multi video selection

t123thomas

Hi Quickmic, I a thought came to mind when I considered how Titan skin pull the playlist from Kodi, could it be that the reason the skin  it missing submenu is because the playlist have no submenu as per the screen shot attached. I am just guessing. If the thought is right, is something you can added in a separate test experiment version for me to test.

Thanks

screenshot00000.png

heula

Still having issues with recordings not showing up.

Not while recording, not when they are finisht, not after a restart of Kodi.

They all do appear after a library update or library repair.

Yesterday I recorded 4 tv shows and only one did show up on itself and that was Studio Sport Eredivisie.

The other 3 tv shows, The Voice Senior, Veronica Inside and Hotter than my daughter only showed up after I did a library update.

kodi library update.log kodi recordings finisht.log kodi while recording.log embyserver.txt embyserver-63768729600.txt

quickmic
1 hour ago, heula said:

Still having issues with recordings not showing up.

Not while recording, not when they are finisht, not after a restart of Kodi.

They all do appear after a library update or library repair.

Yesterday I recorded 4 tv shows and only one did show up on itself and that was Studio Sport Eredivisie.

The other 3 tv shows, The Voice Senior, Veronica Inside and Hotter than my daughter only showed up after I did a library update.

kodi library update.log 119.79 kB · 1 download kodi recordings finisht.log 102.93 kB · 0 downloads kodi while recording.log 154.49 kB · 0 downloads embyserver.txt 11.68 MB · 0 downloads embyserver-63768729600.txt 22.05 MB · 0 downloads

Yes, I can see exactly what you describe in your logs. The only show reported (in realtime) is Studio Sport:

2021-10-01 23:10:57.969 T:1061     INFO <general>: INFO: Emby.hooks.websocket: [ LibraryChanged ] {'FoldersAddedTo': [], 'FoldersRemovedFrom': [], 'ItemsAdded': [], 'ItemsRemoved': [], 'ItemsUpdated': ['1497474'], 'CollectionFolders': [], 'IsEmpty': False}
2021-10-01 23:10:57.977 T:1061     INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.database.db_open.io: [3d3dbbfd74f34e23a4e6fa9ff4dd5461] 1 rows updated.
2021-10-01 23:10:57.988 T:1062     INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.library.Library: [ worker remove started ]
2021-10-01 23:10:58.003 T:1062     INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.library.Library: [ worker remove queue size ] 0
2021-10-01 23:10:58.003 T:1062     INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.database.db_open.io: [3d3dbbfd74f34e23a4e6fa9ff4dd5461] 0 rows updated.
2021-10-01 23:10:58.009 T:1062     INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.library.Library: -->[ worker update started ]
2021-10-01 23:10:58.051 T:1062     INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.library.Library: [ worker update queue size ] 1
2021-10-01 23:10:58.962 T:1062     INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.tvshows.TVShows: ADD tvshow [840/157] 1481984: Studio Sport Eredivisie
2021-10-01 23:10:59.320 T:1062     INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.tvshows.TVShows: ADD season [157/429] Seizoen onbekend: 1497476
2021-10-01 23:10:59.324 T:1062     INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.tvshows.TVShows: ADD episode [157/429/5318/11272] 1497474: Studio Sport Eredivisie 2021_10_01_22_30_00

All other shows are not in the logs, which means. Emby server hasn't reported the other shows. I assume your websocket connection is fine which leads to the question, why is Emby server not reporting the other shows (in realtime) and why it's not synced based on timestamps (after Kodi restart)...

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
24 minutes ago, alazabe said:

I did requst feature in github 

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/issues/380

You advice me to update to 6.10v and i did but i dont see the feature in the addon settings ?!

Maybe I misunderstood you. Actually, next-gen supports all kind of strm files, but seems you want that next-gen plugin generates strm files? Not sure if I can follow here. What kind of strm and where should next-gen generate strm files?

Edited by quickmic

marcmv1

Why did my Kodi database automatically reset? THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE? Now every add on that I have installed, my watch history has been reset. If you want me to reset my database, prompt that you recommended it but doing so automatically WITHOUT WARNING AND WITHOUT THE OPTION TO SAY NO is WAY overly intrusive. You are not following the principle of least surprise which is a programming/system admin 101 first day on the job thing. When I logged into Kodi, I should have seen something that was telling me about what changes you wanted to make, not you just doing it without any warning or giving me any way to override. 

I am generally highly appreciative of folks who make free software but any software shouldn't make huge changes to my system without prompting and giving me a way out. FIX THIS!

• Agree 1