embyforkodi (next-gen) 6.X.X support

quickmic

7 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Is this issue unique to a file or a general issue?

Its a general , although amazon addon did play without problems ! 

I did tried other addon with the same problem as emby addon so its seems genral 

quickmic

enable transcoding as a test (minimum bitrate)

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
1 hour ago, alazabe said:

Its a general , although amazon addon did play without problems ! 

I did tried other addon with the same problem as emby addon so its seems genral 

I've send you a PM with a test version

pünktchen

Would you please change the client app name that your addon is reporting to Emby? For sure it's not "Kodi 6.1.3" but "Kodi EmbyNextGen 6.1.3" or something like that:

GSGbwQACZA.png.415a16a01aa9004fd6fb91bf7abdf5e9.png

clarkss12

I updated to the latest .13 version, but still having issues with multiple episodes (duplicates).  

I am running Emby for Kodi on a box running CoreELEC as the OS....

When your addon scans, it gets to one particular episode (The Red Ghost of Eagle Creek - Death Valley Days) and freezes for a few minutes, then starts scanning again at 18% for the TV series of Cheers........  This goes on and on forever.

I found the duplicates, and deleting them.....  But, is there a better way to continue scanning??

Here is the log.

thanks.

20211012_123831.jpg

20211012_123932.jpg

log-2021-10-12-16.40.03.zip

Edited by clarkss12

I have got a new weird issue.

When I have watched an episode and I stop it the episode is set to watched. Than I see that it seconds later is updated to unwatched (yellow icon) or to resume (blue icon)

When I restart Kodi and go back to the episode it is set back to watched.

Is it possible to add a delay after deleting an episode so I have the time to go back my self and go the another tv show.

Now when I delete a last episode of a tv show it has been removed right away and I end up with an empty folders view. When I hit back again I end up at the start of my library. This was never before but with a 10 or 20 seconds delay before removing it from the library I get the time to go back like I used to do.

Thanks.

kodi Watched set back to unwatched.log Unwatched set back to watched after restart Kodi.log

quickmic
On 10/12/2021 at 7:01 PM, clarkss12 said:

I updated to the latest .13 version, but still having issues with multiple episodes (duplicates).  

I am running Emby for Kodi on a box running CoreELEC as the OS....

When your addon scans, it gets to one particular episode (The Red Ghost of Eagle Creek - Death Valley Days) and freezes for a few minutes, then starts scanning again at 18% for the TV series of Cheers........  This goes on and on forever.

I found the duplicates, and deleting them.....  But, is there a better way to continue scanning??

Here is the log.

thanks.

20211012_123831.jpg

20211012_123932.jpg

log-2021-10-12-16.40.03.zip 645.86 kB · 1 download

Did Kodi crash after that episode, cause sounds like? That would explain the rollback to 18% -> resume function after a Kodi crash.

The log file didn't show any specific issue.

Can you disable the screensaver? Maybe it's related to it.

Edited by quickmic

clarkss12
6 hours ago, quickmic said:

Did Kodi crash after that episode, cause sounds like? That would explain the rollback to 18% -> resume function after a Kodi crash.

The log file didn't show any specific issue.

Can you disable the screensaver? Maybe it's related to it.

Kodi would crash on that episode every time because of a duplicate. This would go on forever.  I deleted the duplicates, and it would continue on, until it found another duplicate, and would repeat the same process until I deleted that duplicate.  For two days, I kept deleting duplicates, because your addon would never finish it's scan, so I uninstalled it.

No, it was not related to the screensaver.

I am still in the process of finding and deleting duplicates of my shows episodes, so I can use your addon again.  

quickmic
1 hour ago, clarkss12 said:

Kodi would crash on that episode every time because of a duplicate. This would go on forever.  I deleted the duplicates, and it would continue on, until it found another duplicate, and would repeat the same process until I deleted that duplicate.  For two days, I kept deleting duplicates, because your addon would never finish it's scan, so I uninstalled it.

No, it was not related to the screensaver.

I am still in the process of finding and deleting duplicates of my shows episodes, so I can use your addon again.  

I've performed a test with duplicates. No issue, but I tested with a distributed folder. Where exactly is the episode located? How does Emby server handle this case?

clarkss12
21 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I've performed a test with duplicates. No issue, but I tested with a distributed folder. Where exactly is the episode located? How does Emby server handle this case?

I have several hard drives, with TV Shows and their episodes scattered across those drives.  I have been recording TV shows for several years, using different software DVRs.  I have used Tvheadend DVR, one that I can't even remember, the HDHomeRun, Plex DVR and Emby DVR. Anyway that is why I have my recordings scattered all over my network.

For example, I may have one episode of "Superman" (Season 1 Episode 1) on one hard drive, and a duplicate "Superman" (Season 1 Episode 1) on a different hard drive that I recorded years ago.  

Emby handles them correctly.

Kodi, scans them and shows ALL of the duplicates.......  See the attached.  I have been spending hours deleting those duplicates.

Thankfully, Emby "sees" those episodes that are scattered across my network and will NOT re-record the episodes that I already have recorded.

20211014_113214.jpg

quickmic
1 hour ago, clarkss12 said:

I have several hard drives, with TV Shows and their episodes scattered across those drives.  I have been recording TV shows for several years, using different software DVRs.  I have used Tvheadend DVR, one that I can't even remember, the HDHomeRun, Plex DVR and Emby DVR. Anyway that is why I have my recordings scattered all over my network.

For example, I may have one episode of "Superman" (Season 1 Episode 1) on one hard drive, and a duplicate "Superman" (Season 1 Episode 1) on a different hard drive that I recorded years ago.  

Emby handles them correctly.

Kodi, scans them and shows ALL of the duplicates.......  See the attached.  I have been spending hours deleting those duplicates.

Thankfully, Emby "sees" those episodes that are scattered across my network and will NOT re-record the episodes that I already have recorded.

20211014_113214.jpg

What's your setup on emby server?

double.png

clarkss12
28 minutes ago, quickmic said:

What's your setup on emby server?

double.png

It is enabled in my server settings.

ntilagoa

Hi @quickmic

I added a second server on emby next gen addon but it was only to try to see if second server is working. How do I do to disconnect that second server?

thank you 

clarkss12

My device that I am using, uses a microSD card for the OS, which is CoreELEC.

I swapped sd cards that is using version 6.0.6 and it gets to around 15% complete then starts over, but doesn't appear to crash.  I added a Log file.

Next, on the same device, but running Android, I will test your addon.

log-2021-10-14-17.07.39.zip

Edited by clarkss12

quickmic
1 minute ago, ntilagoa said:

Hi @quickmic

I added a second server on emby next gen addon but it was only to try to see if second server is working. How do I do to disconnect that second server?

thank you 

Ups, I think forgot a disconnection option. Only possible if you remove the server manually.

delete the json file from here:

.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/

If you don't know which one, delete both. You can reconnect to the actual server again. No resync requried, just skip the sync wizzard after removal.

• Like 1

quickmic
4 minutes ago, clarkss12 said:

My device that I am using, uses a microSD card for the OS, which is CoreELEC.

I swapped sd cards that is using version 6.0.6 and it gets to around 15% complete then starts over, but doesn't appear to crash.  I added a Log file.

Next, on the same device, but running Android, I will test your addon.

log-2021-10-14-17.07.39.zip 998.27 kB · 0 downloads

6.0.6 -> the plugin crashes directly due to bugs

clarkss12

I tested on a Beelink GT Mini 2 Android TV box running a modded Android TV OS........

I did a complete re-install of Kodi 19.2 and then installed the plugin.video.emby-6.1.3.

I only added TV shows to scan.....

When it got to Season 10 Episode 25 "An Old-Fashioned Wedding", it stopped scanning an sat there forever (still sitting at that episode).

This particular episode recording has two parts, guessing that the recording was interrupted and then continued to record.

Anyway, you addon gets confused with anything that is different.

Now, I will test using my Nvidia Shield.

20211014_133413.jpg

cheers.jpg

kodi.log

quickmic
1 minute ago, clarkss12 said:

I tested on a Beelink GT Mini 2 Android TV box running a modded Android TV OS........

I did a complete re-install of Kodi 19.2 and then installed the plugin.video.emby-6.1.3.

I only added TV shows to scan.....

When it got to Season 10 Episode 25 "An Old-Fashioned Wedding", it stopped scanning an sat there forever (still sitting at that episode).

This particular episode recording has two parts, guessing that the recording was interrupted and then continued to record.

Anyway, you addon gets confused with anything that is different.

Now, I will test using my Nvidia Shield.

20211014_133413.jpg

cheers.jpg

kodi.log 763.14 kB · 0 downloads

This log tells me a lot more, and looks like it's not about a similar episode issue.

That's a multi-version issue, I'll investigate. Thanks!

quickmic
2 minutes ago, quickmic said:

This log tells me a lot more, and looks like it's not about a similar episode issue.

That's a multi-version issue, I'll investigate. Thanks!

Edit:

...or could be an update pushed from Emby server while you performed the initial sync...

quickmic
28 minutes ago, clarkss12 said:

Emby for Kodi has no problems running on the Nvidia Shield.......

With 6.0.6?

I've send you a PM.

Edited by quickmic

ntilagoa

Hi @quickmic

My system stops updating new content added to the server library.

It starts updating every time I start kodi and stops after a few seconds.

can you see what’s the problem please?

I sent you a pm with logs

thank you 

quickmic
18 minutes ago, ntilagoa said:

Hi @quickmic

My system stops updating new content added to the server library.

It starts updating every time I start kodi and stops after a few seconds.

can you see what’s the problem please?

I sent you a pm with logs

thank you 

Yes I see, you have a serious connection websocket issue with Emby server. Also there is a db issue which could be a result of the connection issue.

I don't know what causes the problem, could be config file corruption. Delete next-gen config and reconnect to server.

• Thanks 1